Kane: Next ECW Champion?

TheTruNoLimit

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok, with the 24-man Battle Royal coming up at Wrestlemania 24, who thinks Kane is walking into this thing with a very legit shot at walking out ECW Champion?

Ok, a couple things I've noticed. ONE, watch the ECW opening video. Kane is a part of the video package to start the show, and no other Smackdown! superstar is. TWO, before they announced the talent exchange, WWE wanted to put Kane over onto ECW permanently to boost ratings. THREE, I think we all know that The Great Khali, Mark Henry, and other heels aren't going to face Chavo for the title.

And the only face that's really being pushed in the Battle Royal angle is indeed Kane.

Now, if Kane did win, I think it's a plus, because Kane could be an ECW Champion similar to the Big Show. Sure, it's the ECW title, but the Big Show was super dominant holding it, and nobody from Raw or Smackdown! could even hold a candle to pure dominance in Show's ECW run. Kane could kind of bring that back to the title, right?

Only problem that seems to be is that for any ECW Champion, there's no depth on the roster, so face or heel, you have no one credible to defend the gold against.

I think this could be a great thing if it happens. THe one thing that ECW has lacked since it's inception is a big name to get people over with. Kane is just about perfect for the job. He's a known star, he's intimidating, he's a former world champion, and he's still dominant enough to be believeable. Him winning would be perfect as he could start a feud with someone else on ecw and start a decent rivalry and help raise someone up.

I really don't think Kane is getting the title, it's been reported that the guy doesn't eve want another title run and that he'd just rather put over young talent at this point in his career, also this isn't the Kane of the past, this Kane is actually not all that interesting anymore, now back when he wore the mask and hardly ever talked, that is when he should have had a real title run, that one night crap was just stupid, and should have never happened, I mean what's the point of giving him the title at a PPV if your just gonna have him drop it right back to the guy he beat for the belt the next night on free TV, it was just dumb, I just can't see Kane winning the belt, simply cause I don't think he really wants it, five or ten years ago things would be different and I'd be all for Kane as champion but not anymore that time has since passed

Agreed. Look at Kane's dominance in Rumbles. He did very well in this year's Rumble, but that's pretty much all that anyone has heard from him. He would give immediate legitimacy to the ECW Title, which it definitely needs in order to survive. This would give a big pop for the Attitude Era fans, and it could set up an interesting interpromotional feud w/ Taker if he wins WHC @ Mania.

Only problem that seems to be is that for any ECW Champion, there's no depth on the roster, so face or heel, you have no one credible to defend the gold against.

However, we do have the Smackdown/ECW talent exchange, and a draft coming up, so the possibilities are higher than it seems right now. If you limit it to just ECW, then yeah, it'd be horrendous, cause we'd see Kane vs Balls Mahoney or Nunzio every week lol. I can see someone like Carlito coming over and feuding with Kane, possibly drafted in a trade with Burke coming over to help out the IC division on Raw.

I could deffinately see this happening at the moment, because there seems to be not many other legit options that would make people not have a pee break at that time. Kane is the most obvious option for this title at the moment because he is that over, and seems to be the only that has any decent credibility that isn't already doing something. The only way that I see Kane not winning is that either a surprise return, or someone we don't expect being in the rumble, or Kofi Kingston(who is my favourite superstar on ECW at the moment.) Although Kofi isn't probably ready yet, I can't wait for him to be in the itle picture.

So, I do see Kane winning the title.

It would be nice to see Kane get another title run before he retires. ECW would get some more recognition with Kane holding the title. A prety good feud fopr the ECW title would be Shelton Benjamion and Kane having a program is very beneficial to the future if ECW wants to suceed.

Kane, ECW Champion? Not gonna happen. First of all, he's not the Kane we knew, and loved from the Attitude Era. He's just a big, fat, sloppy wrestler. His matches fail to entertain me, and he has no monster aspect to him. The only way he could be able to win the title is if the WWE completely repackaged him, but not with a mask. He needs something new, something for him to get over as a monster, again. The face thing isn't working for Kane, and I think it should stop.

Secondly, Kane doesn't want a world title. ECW, or not, he doesn't want it. He even stated in an interview that he would rather help young stars get over. Which I find very humble of him. I would like to see him win the title, but face it, it won't happen. There are just too many things that are blocking a Kane title reign. In my opinion, we'll never see one.

Even though I don't see him being the next ECW Champ, I still think that he could win the Battle Royal, at WrestleMania. Then he could lose to Chavo Guerrero, after Chavo cheats to win. That way Kane get's a title match at 'Mania, and doesn't lose credbility as he lost it due to Chavo cheating.

It'll likely be Kane or Dreamer imo. It would be a bit corny to give the belt to Dreamer, and I am enjoying his alliance with Colin Delaney, not that I want to see them (or, god forbid, jesse & festus) hold that tag team titles. Perhaps in the future for a short while. Smackdown really needs more formidable tag teams, it's a shame london and kendrick are splitting up even if it will make an interesting rivalry and they both deserve singles pushes of some sort. I loved when London was the bizarre cruiserweight champion. One of the best cruiserweight champs ever I think.Interesting choice to make Kendrick the heel, London does have more character after all but Kendrick is the one who always seems to get beaten up, if the Noble - Palumbo rivalry shows anything it's that it's awkward for a crowd to get behind someone who's constantly getting battered.

A push for Jimmy Yang and Shannon Moore could perhaps result in them holding them holding the tag team gold for a good number of weeks. Although Moores current status is questionable, I've seen worse tag teams hold the gold and they seem to get a good reaction from the crowd.

EDIT: Was recently discussing what would make an interesting, peculiar new tag team combination with a friend, we though Carlito and Elijiah Burke would work quite well. Not even because both their finishers involve knees to the back so much as hearing them both on the mic would be preety good in my estimation. Ah, strange idea, I know.

I think Kane would take an ECW run though, because ECW is where all the youngest talent is, he can have a run with the gold and eventually put one of them over on a PPV.

Plus, Kane didn't want a WWE or World Title run, apparently because he wants to put over younger talent, and I don't know how true it is, but he was seemingly upset that he was overlooked so many times.

Anyhow, the ECW title, even though it is techincally "heavyweight" gold, is really more of a mid-card belt when you look at who's held it. I mean, Chavo isn't exactly heavyweight champion material, but he's got the gold. So, I think Kane would take it if WWE gave it to him.

It is plausible that Kane could win the ECW title, but I dont see it happening. He is my pick to win the Battle Royal, but I think somehow he will get screwed. A Chavo/Kane fued would not work. If they wanted Kane to have the title, they should have had CM Punk lose to V or Khali, then have Kane fued with them. It looks like they are developing another Khali/Kane fued, yawn, so I expect Kane to eliminate Khali at the end of the battle royal. Then Khali will lay out Khali, while Chavo picks up the pieces.

The only person who might actually win the title would be Dreamer, that is a possibility, but probably wont happen.

Ideally, I'd like to see Kane win the title, feud with the monsters (as a whole, not one by one) up until a four-way at Backlash (Kane vs Khali vs Mark Henry vs Big Daddy V), and then, surprisingly, to turn heel. Kane's a guy who has become stale over the years and since his age is catching up to him, he's becoming a less talented guy on top of that, so he's in need of some rejuvenation. The trick here, though, is that there are too many heel monsters (Khali, MH, BDV, Umaga, Snitsky, and Big Show), so they'd have to downplay Khali, Snitsky, Mark Henry, and Big Daddy V. I can see Big Show coming over to Raw and being their top monster, Umaga coming over to Smackdown and being their top monster, and Kane being the top monster and champion on ECW. Now if this happened, I think they should use Snitsky as a midcard monster, not for the main event stars, just sort of in the vein of Chuck Palumbo/Mike Knox in that he's a bigger guy, but not "nearly impossible to defeat". Khali...well...fire that guy. Mark Henry and Big Daddy V, I think they should be thrown into the rejuvenation of the tag team division...sort of like a new "Natural Disasters" kind of team - the two huge guys.

Kane turning heel could give him some decent feuds with people like CM Punk, as opposed to having Kane as a face going up against people like Palumbo.

Is it going to happen? Most likely not. But really, who else can be the ECW champ? They're not going to give it to like, James Curtis lol. Kane's the biggest name that has nothing to do, fits the Sci-Fi direction, and is a face that could legitimately hold a title and not look like they're forcing it. I just don't want to see Kane/monster for 3 months after a boring Kane/Chavo feud.

Well i see chavo retaing vs kane ... thats if it happens . probly to contiue the chavo cm punk rivalry .... but kane should be seein an ecw title soon i hope ....... cause if him and the undertaker win at wm the push for the brothers of destrution on smackdown and ecw would be awsome. or if he does win maybe an ecw whc title unification at vengance or something to put an end to the ecw title .. idk but no matter what kane + ecw title= good ratings in my book .

__________________________________________:flair:

yea why does every one say chavo is gonna loose the ecw title. he could just retain. don't ride him off yet. i personally dont see him retaining if he vs's kane because if he beats kane it means he can beat stone cold and rvd lol

The problem is what other face's do we know will ACTUALLY be in the battle royal... Chavo is not a big enough star to have a heel v heel championship match, even if it is at wrestlemania... Looking at the roster i don't even know how theyre going to fill 24 men in this match but i cant even see whos going to win it... long shots would be a possible matt hardy return?? statr fresh and be done with mvp.. or even Gregory Helms?? give some wrestling credibilty to the belt.. or..... the biggest long shot

THE BOOGEYMAN!! omg... that will probably happen

I was enjoying his rivalry with Shelton, they could take that further. As much as he'd suit the title, I don't think it will happen. WWE will end up giving Dreamer the title because he's an original (not that I'm complaining but he's not the title holding type) or Chavo will retain - something noone has considered.

I'm almost about to give up on Kane and back a new horse. The guy just keeps getting screwed time after time and after over ten years of supporting the guy I'm getting sick of watching him fail. He's been here along time and what does he have to show for it ? not alot.

Kane claims he doesn't want anymore title reigns, and that he'd rather help the younger talent get over. The only guy he's really helped is M.V.P.

Kane needs to hit the gym (Hard) and repackage himself, forget all the getting guys over crap. If Hogan can have a title reign while in his late 40's then kane should have one because hogan is awful in the ring.

But I do actually believe he will win the battle royal at WM and then go on to beat Chavo for the ECW title. Everyone else other than the monsters are only in the battle royal to fill the space. Kane appears to be the only major face in the match.

So fingers crossed he'l win the title, ;)

omg once again with this kane winning the ecw title...1st off kane is trash hes getting really old didnt even look good against palumbo friday night i mean yes kane USE to be good the whole monster gimmick it got old and so did he but if he wins this ecw title wont matter is it gunna be an upgrade from any other ecw champ pshhh nope upgrade from chavo being ecw champ? yea i guess..kane still sucks and wont get ecw anywhere if you want a shock or an underdog let colin win the title for a shocker an a upset plus chavo beat him on ecw so colin can get revenge I WANT COLIN TO WIN but if this big old aging so called "monster" kane so be it o well he sucks goodbye :)

Watch the 2001 Royal Rumble. A glimpse of that will show you why Kane has had so much fan support over the years. He hasn't had much to do since moving to Smackdown!, little storyline and not enough crazy segments on the mic. Finish his temp. rivalry with Palumbo (possibly give Chuck a win to increase his powerhouse status) and then give him something fresh. It's a bad sad that he seems to always be working by a routine rather than being that insane monster who did unpredictable things like on Raw a few years ago.

omg once again with this kane winning the ecw title...1st off kane is trash hes getting really old didnt even look good against palumbo friday night i mean yes kane USE to be good the whole monster gimmick it got old and so did he but if he wins this ecw title wont matter is it gunna be an upgrade from any other ecw champ pshhh nope upgrade from chavo being ecw champ? yea i guess..kane still sucks and wont get ecw anywhere if you want a shock or an underdog let colin win the title for a shocker an a upset plus chavo beat him on ecw so colin can get revenge I WANT COLIN TO WIN but if this big old aging so called "monster" kane so be it o well he sucks goodbye :)

You think Kane sucks, and its his fault that the Palumbo match wasn't good, and you want Colin to have the title? Come on man. Seriously? The WWE just had an angle where a severe underdog won a title and it was Hornswoggle winning the Cruiserweight title...do you really want them to do that again? Colin winning would mean that the ECW title meant absolutely nothing, as opposed to "upper midcard" as it means now. If you booked Colin to win the title, you'd single handedly kill off all credibility of your title as well as the credibility of every ECW champion that's held the belt.

Colin's funny, and I don't mind him being thrown around and everything, but you can't possibly be serious in saying that you'd want him as the ECW champ. If so, you might as well make Balls Mahoney the WWE champ, give the WHC to Funaki, make Nunzio the IC champ, and give the tag team titles to Super Crazy/Hacksaw.

I think they should give the belt to kane because he is a talented wrestler and when they did give him a world title belt he had it for what a day. he is a better wrestler then the wwe gives him credit for

The main reason Kane is loosing fan support is due to his lack of storylines, there's little to say about him in 2007 unfortunately. He didn't even make the MitB bizarrely, perhaps a distinct lack in the unorthodox agility he used to have would hold him back, he certainly did put up a good show back in MitB 2005.

I'd love the idea of Colin beating Chavo in a non-title match with a schoolboy after being tossed about and slapped by Chavo, then having an ECW title match and loosing. Would be a preety funny angle actually.

in my opinion i think Kane getting the ECW title would be good because he not only deserves it but that since he is somewhat of a hardcore guy hopefully theyll let him have hardcore matchs in ECW for the title witch with the ECW pay per view coming up could be good.(one last Inferno Match?) Also a def possibility in my mind to win the battle royal is Khali because he is so popular in India and sells a ton of merchandise even though i could care less to see him ever again. And then you have guys like Burke(who i think would be awesome as champ) and maybe a surprise Matt Hardy( who doesnt have a match) win and title match against chavo. wouldnt mind seeing matt win the title even though they are looking to fued him and mvp. Love big Daddy V but sorry King Mable i dont see it happening. Boom Shockalocka

Big Daddy V winning the title would be the death of ECW 2.0.

If Kane ever does make the full move to ECW, I'd love to see an extreme rules match combined with an inferno match. Would be abseloutely insane, they'd need to save that for a very special feud. Don't rule it out they did do it with MVP, which noone ever saw coming.

I think they are gonna put the belt on Kane but not for the long term. I think they wanna start a fued with Kane and Shelton Benjamin. I remember they were going at it a while back so they may use Kane to help get Benjamin over. Since Kane is a big fan favorite, it would make Shelton a legitimate heel and add heat to him. It would be nice to see Kane win another world title though. I think that since Edge will probably lose to Undertaker at Wrestlemania, there is no more need for Chavo to have the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back