John Cena's PPV Record:

Zycho32

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've seen many different variations on the argument about John Cena- on both sides of the debate. A while back, before I discovered this board, I attempted to figure out on my own when this greatly polarized opinion of the man first came to fruition by going over his PPV performance, dating all the way back to his PPV debut, in 2002. At the end, I had essentially documented over a decade of PPV matches John Cena took part in.

And after some refinement just now, I present to you not only the PPV record in it's entirely, but also several stat breakdowns which may shed some light here and there concerning Cena's pushes and whether or not he genuinely buried his opponents. (In short, I bury your rhetoric with STATS).

2002:
Vengeance
-Singles Match, versus Chris Jericho (victory)
Rebellion
-Mixed Tag-Team Match with Dawn Marie, versus Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson (loss)

2003:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 19th in order. No eliminations. Eliminated by Undertaker, 22nd out. Lasted 19:38.
Backlash
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(challenger) versus Brock Lesnar (loss)
Judgment Day
-Six-man Tag Team Match with FBI(Chuck Palumbo and Johnny Stamboli with Nunzio), versus Rhyno, Spanky, and Chris Benoit(victory)
Vengeance
-Singles Match, versus Undertaker (loss)
No Mercy
-Singles Match, versus Kurt Angle (loss)
Survivor Series
-Part of Team Angle, with Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, and Bradshaw(JBL), versus Team Lesnar(Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones, and A-Train) (victory)

2004:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 28th in order. No eliminations. Eliminated by Big Show, 24th out. Lasted 7:37.
No Way Out
-Triple-Threat Match for #1 contender to WWE Title, versus Kurt Angle and the Big Show. (Loss)
Wrestlemania XX
-Singles Match for the US Championship(Challenger), versus the Big Show (victory)
Judgment Day
-Singles Match for the US Championship(Champion), versus Rene Dupree (victory)
Great American Bash
-Four-way Match for the US Championship(Champion), versus Rene Dupree, Booker T, and Rob Van Dam (victory)
SummerSlam
-Best-of-Five Singles Series(first match) for the US Championship(Champion), versus Booker T (victory)
No Mercy
-Best-of-Five Singles Series(last match) for the US Championship(Challenger), versus Booker T (victory)
Survivor Series
-Part of Team Guerrero(Eddie Guerrero, Big Show, and Rob Van Dam), versus Team Angle(Kurt Angle, Carlito, Luther Reigns, and Mike Jindrak) (victory)
Armageddon
-Singles Match and Street Fight for the US Championship(Champion), versus Jesus(With Carlito) (victory)

2005:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 25th in order. 2 Eliminations(Viscera and Kane). Eliminated by Batista, 28th out. Lasted 15:28.
No Way Out
-Singles Match for #1 Contender for WWE Championship, versus Kurt Angle (victory)
Wrestlemania 21
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus JBL (victory)
Judgment Day
-"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus JBL (victory)
Vengeance
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Christian and Chris Jericho (victory)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Chris Jericho (victory)
Unforgiven
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Kurt Angle (loss via disqualification)
Taboo Tuesday
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels (victory)
Survivor Series
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Kurt Angle (victory)

2006:
New Year's Revolution
-Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Carlito, Chris Masters, Shawn Michaels, Kane, and Kurt Angle (victory)
-Cash-in Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Edge (loss)
Royal Rumble
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Edge (victory)
Wrestlemania 22
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Triple H (victory)
Backlash
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Triple H and Edge (victory)
ECW One Night Stand
-Extreme Rules Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Rob Van Dam (loss)
Vengeance
-Extreme Lumberjack Match, versus Sabu (victory)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Edge (loss)
Unforgiven
-TLC Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Edge (win)
Cyber Sunday
-Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(challenger and WWE Champion), versus King Booker and the Big Show (loss)
Survivor Series
-Leading Team Cena (Kane, Bobby Lashley, Sabu, and Rob Van Dam) versus Team Big Show(Big Show, Test, MVP, Finlay, and Umaga) (victory)
Armageddon
-Tag-Team Match with Batista, versus King Booker and Finlay (victory)

2007:
New Year's Revolution
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Umaga (victory)
Royal Rumble
-Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Umaga (victory)
No Way Out
-Tag-Team Match with Shawn Michaels, versus Undertaker and Batista (victory)
Wrestlemania 23
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Shawn Michaels (victory)
Backlash
-Four-Way Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Edge, Randy Orton, and Shawn Michaels (victory)
Judgment Day
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus the Great Khali (victory)
One Night Stand
-Falls Count Anywhere Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus the Great Khali (victory)
Vengeance: Night of Champions
-Five-Pack Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Mick Foley, Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton, and King Booker (victory)
Great American Bash
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Bobby Lashley (victory)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Randy Orton (victory)
Unforgiven
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Randy Orton (loss via disqualification)

2008:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 30th in order. Four eliminations (Carlito, Mark Henry, Chavo Guerrero, and Triple H). Victor, lasting 8:27.
No Way Out
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton (victory via disqualification)
Wrestlemania XXIV
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton and Triple H (loss)
Backlash
-Four-Way Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Triple H, Randy Orton, and JBL (loss)
Judgment Day
-Singles Match, versus JBL (victory)
One Night Stand
-First Blood Match, versus JBL (victory)
Night of Champions
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Triple H (loss)
Great American Bash
-New York City Parking Lot Brawl, versus JBL (loss)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match, versus Batista (loss)
Survivor Series
-Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Challenger), versus Chris Jericho (victory)
Armageddon
-Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Champion), versus Chris Jericho (victory)

2009:
Royal Rumble
-Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Champion), versus JBL (victory)
No Way Out
-Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Champion), versus Edge, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Mike Knox, and Kane (loss)
Wrestlemania XXV
-Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Challenger), versus Edge and the Big Show (victory)
Backlash
-Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Champion), versus Edge (loss)
Judgment Day
-Singles Match, versus the Big Show (victory)
Extreme Rules
-Submission Match, versus the Big Show (victory)
The Bash
-Singles Match, versus The Miz (victory)
Night of Champions
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton and Triple H (loss)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton (loss)
Breaking Point
-"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton (victory)
Hell in a Cell
-Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Randy Orton (loss)
Bragging Rights
-'Anything Goes' Iron Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton (victory)
Survivor Series
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Triple H and Shawn Michaels (victory)
TLC
-Tables Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Sheamus (loss)

2010:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 19th in order. Four eliminations (Shelton Benjamin, Yoshi Tatsu, Kofi Kingston, and Batista). Eliminated by Edge, 29th out. Lasted 22:11.
Elimination Chamber
-Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Sheamus, Triple H, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, and Kofi Kingston (victory)
Wrestlemania XXVI
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Batista (victory)
Extreme Rules
-Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Batista (victory)
Over the Limit
-"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Batista (victory)
Fatal 4-Way
-Four-Way Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Edge (loss)
Money in the Bank
-Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Sheamus (loss)
SummerSlam
-Part of Team WWE (Daniel Bryan, Edge, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, R-Truth, and John Morrison) versus The Nexus (victory)
Night of Champions
-Six-Pack Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Randy Orton, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Edge, and Chris Jericho (loss)
Hell in a Cell
-Singles Match, versus Wade Barrett (loss)
TLC- December 19
-Chairs Match, versus Wade Barrett (victory)

2011:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 22nd in order. Seven Eliminations (CM Punk, Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga, Mason Ryan, Tyson Kidd, Heath Slater, Alex Riley). Eliminated, 36th Out. Lasted 34:17.
Elimination Chamber
-Elimination Chamber Match for #1 Contender for the WWE Championship, versus CM Punk, John Morrison, Sheamus, Randy Orton, and R-Truth (victory)
Wrestlemania XXVII
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus The Miz (loss)
Extreme Rules
-Triple-Threat Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus The Miz and John Morrison (victory)
Over The Limit
-"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus The Miz (victory)
Capitol Punishment
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus R-Truth (victory)
Money in the Bank
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus CM Punk (loss)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Championship, versus CM Punk (loss)
Night of Champions
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Alberto Del Rio (victory)
Hell in a Cell
-Triple Threat Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk (loss)
Vengeance
-Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus Alberto Del Rio (loss)
Survivor Series
-Tag Team Match with The Rock, versus The Miz and R-Truth (victory)

2012:
Royal Rumble
-Singles Match, versus Kane (draw)
Elimination Chamber
-Ambulance Match, versus Kane (victory)
Wrestlemania XXVIII
-Singles Match, versus The Rock (loss)
Extreme Rules
-Extreme Rules Match, versus Brock Lesnar (victory)
Over The Limit
-No Disqualification Match, versus John Lauranitis (loss)
No Way Out
-Steel Cage Match, versus the Big Show (victory)
Money in the Bank
-MitB Ladder Match, versus Kane, Chris Jericho, The Big Show, and The Miz (victory)
SummerSlam
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus CM Punk and the Big Show (loss)
Night of Champions
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus CM Punk (draw)
Survivor Series
-Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus CM Punk and Ryback (loss)
TLC
-Ladder Match, versus Dolph Ziggler (loss)

2013:
Royal Rumble
-Participant, 19th in order. Four eliminations (Cody Rhodes, Heath Slater, Antonio Cesaro, and Ryback). Victor, lasted 26:39.
Elimination Chamber
-Six-Man Tag Team Match with Ryback and Sheamus, versus The Shield (loss)
Wrestlemania 29
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Challenger), versus The Rock (victory)
Extreme Rules
-Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Ryback (draw)
Payback
-Three Stages of Hell Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Ryback (victory)
Money in the Bank
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Mark Henry (victory)
SummerSlam
-Singles Match for the WWE Championship(Champion), versus Daniel Bryan (loss)
Hell in a Cell
-Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Challenger), versus Alberto Del Rio (victory)
Survivor Series:
-Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship(Champion), versus Alberto Del Rio (victory)
TLC:
-TLC Match for the Unified Title(WHC Champion), versus Randy Orton (loss)

Record:
-Overall: 69-39-3
-Singles: 48-26-3
-Triples: 6-7
-Four Way: 2-2
-Five Pack: 1-0
-Six Pack: 0-1
-Tag Team(2x2): 3-1 (0-1 Mixed)
-Tag Team(3x3): 1-1

Title Bouts:
-Overall: 47-28-2
-Singles: 36-18-2
-Triples: 6-6
-Four Way: 2-2
-Five Pack: 1-0
-Six Pack: 0-1

Title Bouts(Overall, Singles)
WWE Champion: 25-12-1, 18-9-1
WWE Challenger: 10-15-1, 8-9-1
WHC Champion: 3-3, 3-2
WHC Challenger: 3-1, 2-0
US Champion: 4-0, 3-0
US Challenger: 2-0, 2-0

Varying Match Types(Overall, Singles)
Three Stages Match: 1-0, 1-0
Steel Cage Match: 2-1, 1-1
Hell In A Cell Match: 0-2, 0-1
Submission Match: 1-0, 1-0
"I Quit" Match: 4-0, 4-0
Last Man Standing: 2-2-1, 2-2-1
TLC Combined: 1-1, 1-1
Tables Match: 0-1, 0-1
Ladders Match: 0-1, 0-1
Chairs Match: 1-0, 1-0
Iron Man Match: 1-0, 1-0
Extreme Rules: 1-1, 1-1
Lumberjack Match: 1-0, 1-0
Street Fight: 1-0, 1-0
Falls Count Anywhere: 1-0, 1-0
First Blood Match: 1-0, 1-0
Parking Lot Brawl: 0-1, 0-1
Ambulance Match: 1-0, 1-0
No DQ Match: 0-1, 0-1

Group Match Types:
Team Matches: 4-0
Elimination Chamber: 3-1
MITB Ladder Match: 1-0

Record against Opponents(Overall, Singles)
Randy Orton: 7-8, 4-4
Big Show: 8-3, 4-0
Edge: 5-6, 2-3
Chris Jericho: 6-2, 4-0
Kurt Angle: 5-3, 2-2
Triple H: 4-4, 1-1
JBL: 5-2, 5-1
Booker T: 5-1, 2-0
The Miz: 5-1, 2-1
Sheamus: 2-4, 0-2
CM Punk: 1-5, 0-2
Shawn Michaels: 5-0, 1-0
Batista: 4-1, 3-1
Kane: 3-1-1, 1-0-1
Alberto Del Rio: 3-2, 3-1
Wade Barrett: 2-2, 1-1
Umaga: 3-0, 2-0
R-Truth: 3-0, 1-0
Brock Lesnar: 2-1, 1-1
Ryback: 1-1-1, 1-0-1
Great Khali: 2-0, 2-0
Rene Dupree: 2-0, 1-0
Bobby Lashley: 2-0, 1-0
Carlito: 2-0, 0-0
Finlay: 2-0, 0-0
John Morrison: 2-0, 0-0
The Rock: 1-1, 1-1
Undertaker: 1-1, 0-1
Rob Van Dam: 1-1, 0-1
Jesus: 1-0, 1-0
Sabu: 1-0, 1-0
Mark Henry: 1-0, 1-0
Rhyno: 1-0, 0-0
Spanky: 1-0, 0-0
Chris Benoit: 1-0, 0-0
Matt Morgan: 1-0, 0-0
Nathan Jones: 1-0, 0-0
A-Train: 1-0, 0-0
Luther Reigns: 1-0, 0-0
Mike Jindrak: 1-0, 0-0
Christian: 1-0, 0-0
Chris Masters: 1-0, 0-0
Test: 1-0, 0-0
MVP: 1-0, 0-0
Mick Foley, 1-0, 0-0
Ted DiBiase: 1-0, 0-0
Kofi Kingston: 1-0, 0-0
John Lauranitis: 0-1, 0-1
Dolph Ziggler: 0-1, 0-1
Dean Ambrose: 0-1, 0-1
Roman Reigns: 0-1, 0-1
Seth Rollins: 0-1, 0-1
Daniel Bryan: 0-1, 0-1
Billy Kidman: 0-1, 0-0
Rey Mysterio: 0-1, 0-0
Mike Knox: 0-1, 0-0

Not particularly stellar. Not to mention, "burying" someone or "putting someone over" has nothing to do with who wins or losses. The majority of idiots (which, incidentally, Cena-Haters usually are) don't seem to grasp that, despite it being one of the fundamentals of pro wrestling.

What's the point of this thread?
What are we supposed to be discussing?

There's websites that have all of this information readily available and they aren't hard to find at all.

I don't know what you want us to actually talk about.

I don't get the point of this. Is this another one of those Cena hater vs Cena lover threads? Cus if so we already have one..please close thread

what have I just read? Tipping this is a Cena fanboy, but what is the actual point of the thread? All of superstars stats for win loss, ppv records etc are easily found online, I dont recall seeing a poll or opinion piece on Cena's record in matches on ppv.
What I do know is, it isnt Cena or any talent who bury opthers, it is the booking team/creative that decide who wins and who loses pro wrestling matches.

I actually don't mind if W-L records are highlighted more often and used as basis on who should be a contender. I was actually thinking that it would be cool to use the W-L record to determine the top guys to participate in a tournament to be the #1 contender or something like that.

Problem I see is W-L being used is simply what do we count? Do we count tag matches, do we count Rumble, or a better question yet do we count House Shows. I remember in WCW when they counted Goldberg's streak they counted his wins on House Shows problem is in most cases these kinds of events are not recorded. Though they do have the occasional title change or two.

so you tell cena burried all the wrestlers by winning more victories.

In 2012 cm punk wins the wwe title and make 434 days longest reign in modern era. He wrestled with the likes of chris jericho, daniel bryan, john cena, ryback and dolph ziggler. No one get a win against punk in 2013 ppv.

In your point of view, Is cm punk burried new talents like dolph, bryan, ryback?

if you make a star means he can overcome against all odds thats wrestling business.

Singles match wise in 2012, what did the three loses by Cena achieve for WWE. These matches were against The Rock, John Lauranitis and Dolph Ziggler. The latter two of those were screwy and the lost to The Rock was a clean lost to a part-timer.

What I'm saying is the nature of the win or lost affects surely has to affect the wrestlers' standing amongst onlookers/fans.

Apart from that W/L mean at as much as they should, take Ryback, he loses to Mark Henry at Mania and then the next night is somehow the Number 1 contender.

Record against Opponents(Overall, Singles)
Sheamus: 2-4, 0-2

FELLAAAAA!!!!!!!

I'm not quite sure about the point of this thread but that record made me happy. I'd love to see these two feud again. A large part of me thinks that this Authority angle would have been far more interesting with a heel Sheamus as "the face" rather than Randy Orton. Sheamus has a more threatening look, a convincing gimmick, and more believable verbal threats on the mic. Damn him and his injury!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back