Looking back at TNA Victory Road and WWE Money In The Bank by the numbers

We shy worth hair
Found these statistics online and found them interesting.

Note:All match times have been rounded to the nearest minute(examples: a 4:23 match will be listed as 4 minutes while a 4:32 match will be listed as 5 minutes and anything under a minute is rounded up to a minute).

Total Wrestling Time:
WWE: 97 Minutes in 8 Matches (Last Month 83 Minutes)
TNA: 93 Minutes in 9 Matches (Last Month 93 Minutes)

WWE Money in the Bank
Drew McIntyre versus Kane versus Kofi Kingston versus Dolph Ziggler versus Matt Hardy versus Christian versus Big Show versus Cody Rhodes: 26 Minutes
Eve Torres versus Alicia Fox: 6 Minutes
David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd versus Jimmy and Jey Uso: 6 Minutes
Jack Swagger versus Rey Mysterio: 11 Minutes
Kane versus Rey Mysterio: 1 Minute
Layla versus Kelly Kelly: 4 Minutes
Miz versus Chris Jericho versus Edge versus Evan Bourne versus John Morrison versus Mark Henry versus Ted DiBiase versus Randy Orton: 20 Minutes
John Cena versus Sheamus: 23 Minutes

Victory Road
Douglas Williams versus Brian Kendrick: 10 Minutes
Jesse Neal versus Brother Ray versus Brother Devon: 6 Minutes
Angelina Love versus Madison Rayne: 5 Minutes
A.J. Styles and Frankie Kazarian versus Samoa Joe and Rob Terry: 8 Minutes
Hernandez versus Matt Morgan: 11 Minutes
Jay Lethal versus Ric Flair: 12 Minutes
Beer Money versus Motor City Machine Guns: 17 Minutes
Kurt Angle versus D’Angelo Dinero: 12 Minutes
Rob Van Dam versus Jeff Hardy
versus Ken Anderson versus Abyss: 12 Minutes

Wrestling Per Hour:
WWE: 32.33 Minutes (Last Month 27.67 Minutes)
TNA: 31 Minutes (Last Month 31 Minutes)

Average Length of Matches:
WWE: 12.13 Minutes (Last Month 11.86 Minutes)
TNA: 10.33 Minutes (Last Month 10.33 Minutes)

Three Longest Matches:
Drew McIntyre versus Kane versus Kofi Kingston versus Dolph Ziggler versus Matt Hardy versus Christian versus Big Show versus Cody Rhodes: 26 Minutes (WWE Money in the Bank)
John Cena versus Sheamus: 23 Minutes (WWE Money in the Bank)
Miz versus Chris Jericho versus Edge versus Evan Bourne versus John Morrison versus Mark Henry versus Ted DiBiase versus Randy Orton: 20 Minutes (WWE Money in the Bank)

Three Shortest Matches:
Kane versus Rey Mysterio: 1 Minute (WWE Money in the Bank)
Layla versus Kelly Kelly: 4 Minutes (WWE Money in the Bank)
Angelina Love versus Madison Rayne: 5 Minutes (TNA Victory Road)

I find this rather interesting especially on TNA's part.

True ayy because TNA use to have really long Matches, even at first when Hulk and Eric joined. Kurt Angle vs Aj Styles was over 40 minutues.

This isn't all that interesting. Two of the matches for WWE had 8 people fighting against one another. It's not hard putting on a longer match when there are this many people involved. You get hit with a move or a chair and you can literally lay down outside the ring for the remainder of the match because you have 7 others entertaining the crowd. I'm actually surprised neither of those Money in the Bank matches exceeded 26 minutes.

I guess I'm a little disappointed that TNA's matches were so short...but when you compare a 12 minute solo match to an 8 man, no-DQ match with ladders and all sorts of shit...and BOTH of them barely are more than the Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles singles match...I guess I don't have a problem with it.

I find this rather interesting especially on TNA's part.

Why? They had basically the same amount of match time, which is not especially surprising, and WWE had to book 2 long clusterfucks to get there. TNA seems to have a time formula they want to stick to with the advantage of being able to edit, while WWE can go higher like this month or lower like the month before. Match time is one of the stupidest things people measure anyway. TNAs workrate far exceeds WWE anyway so time is not a fair comparison. I am not sure I am totally sold on the accuracy anyway because this suggests something like only 10 minutes per hour on non-match time, which seems suspect.

I fail to see exactly what's so interesting about this. It's not uncommon for TNA to have longer matches at times and the WWE at others. It's also uncommon for certain types of matches, particularly gimmick matches, to last significantly longer than the average wrestling match, particularly matches shown on television.

Two of the matches for WWE had 8 people fighting against one another. It's not hard putting on a longer match when there are this many people involved. You get hit with a move or a chair and you can literally lay down outside the ring for the remainder of the match because you have 7 others entertaining the crowd. I'm actually surprised neither of those Money in the Bank matches exceeded 26 minutes.

Yeh...but at Mania the ladder matches only lasted like 15 mins max...with a ppv which is about MitB..they could focus more on them...

About TNA...what happened to the days where their main events were longer...they remind me of WCW now..their ppv main events were awfully short at time...I'm sure RVD can work a 25 min match can't he...and sometimes TNA just throw random matches together..when they can have less and have more focus on them!!

AND ALSO..CAN OP PLEASE TELL US ALL WHY ITS RATHER INTERESTING...THANK YOU!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back