JGlass wants you! To help him write a research paper about the IWC

JGlass

Unregistered User
So for my Media Audiences class, I am writing a research paper on the type of people that talk about wrestling on the internet, and I happen to know a whole bunch of people who post on the internet! Well, I don't know you all personally, but I do know that you all spend quite a bit of time on this website and I'm hoping you'd be willing to answer a few fairly simple questions to help me form a good thesis and do some research that I can use for the paper. I will rep anyone and everyone who takes the time to help me out by answering these questions.

Here are the questions...

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

What is your highest level of education?

How long have you watched professional wrestling?

When did you start watching professional wrestling?

Why did you start watching professional wrestling?

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling?

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to?

Which professional wrestling events have you been to?

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event?

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia?

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs?

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis?

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar?

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why?

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling?

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling?

How did you find Wrestlezone.com?

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet?

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience.

How old are you? 17

Are you male or female? Male

What is your highest level of education? High School ( Soon to be college)

How long have you watched professional wrestling? 4 years off and on and the last 5 years nonstop

When did you start watching professional wrestling? 2001?

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? Friends were into it

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? Guessing storylines, sick spots, something to do.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? 3

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? WWE and ROH

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? 20 miles? But If I go to WM next year then about 300.

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? Yes

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? Yes

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? 4 nights when there isn't a ppv and 5 when there is.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? Stream online

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? Chris Jericho. He is witty and quite possibly the greatest heel of all time.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? 2006?

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? 2007?

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? Searching up wrestling when I was bored.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? Yes

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. Sucks you in

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. Nope

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. Nope

How old are you? - 22

Are you male or female? - Male

What is your highest level of education? - Degree

How long have you watched professional wrestling? - 6 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling? - 2000/01

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? Introduced by a friend

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? - Campy fun and cathartic thrill.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? -1

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? - Dragon Gate UK

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? - 100 Miles

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? - Baseball bat signed by Sting

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? - Yes, bunch of random PPVs I got in a job lot.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? - 2.75 hours

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? - If I get the PPV free on UK TV then I stream it. Otherwise I purchase it.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? - Lou Thesz. Ed Lewis aside he is the most influential pioneer in wrestling history, and there is not enough Ed Lewis information out there to truly be a fan.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? - 6 years ago.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? - 4 years ago.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? - Search engine?

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? - Cathartic thrill.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. - No.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. - No.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. - Have I ever fucked around with friends in somebodies living room? Yes. Have I ever actually tried it? No.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
-Male

-High School

-14 years

-around the age of four I started watching it. My Dad sorta pushed me into it then I really started liking it around the age of 8 or so when I could understand it better.

-My dad pushed me into it. I never really like football or anything manly so he gave that a try and it clicked.

-Entertainment. Like I said, I don't rally like any sport besides basketball and wrestling gives me a nice combination of drama and action.

-uh, I'll say around 15 or so.

-I usually go to WWE shows. I have been to a couple local wrestling shows.

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event?
-Indiana...which isn't too far.

-yeah. T-Shirts mostly. I own a couple Mysterio masks, and I collected action figures for the better part of my childhood. And a lot of posters as well.

- oh yeah. At least a 100.

-Around 2 hours a day so about 14 plus hours a week.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar?
-yep. I usually buy Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and then Wrestlemania. But others too.

-Probably Edge. He has always drew me in. Whether he's potraying a face or heel, his look and style usually interests me.

-haha, around the age of 13.

-I type in the results of a PPV and wrestlezone popped up. I click the forums and here I am.

-because my friends hate it. And here I can save the embarrassment of discussing wrestling with people who I will never meet. Also, its fun listening to people's opinions.

-quite addicting.

-When OVW use to be own by WWE, I met a lot of the guys who are famous now, Miz, Cena, Batista. I met Eddie Guerrero at a house show once and he gave me his autograph.

-I used to wrestle my dad all the time. Then in the back yard.

How old are you?
Eighteen

Are you male or female?
Male

Highschool graduate

7 years

Eer since I was a kid but then I was really into it again at Mania 20 (2004)

I honestly don't remember...

Its entertainment. I generally watch it because I like combative sports but I hate the ones where its two guys strangling each other for 9 minutes. There's no exictment in that except who'll break the hold.

Never traveled to go a wrestling event

No

Yes, 7 of them (True Story of Wrestlemania, Cena: My life and the older one, 50 greatest superstars of all time, Rise and fall of ECW, Rise and fall of WCW, Self destruction of the ultimate warrior

1 times (Raw)

I stream them online

Rock. His promos are godly. He not only knew ring psychology but he can bury or make someone legendary through promos alone

two years ago

Two years ago

Very helpful and the best site for wrestling news

I enjoy it because there are different perspectives on EVERYTHING. Good and bad on even the greatest things that happened at the moment (Threads that criticizes rock vs Cena for example...)

Enjoy it

No

I have not

Hope it helps, good luck

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
-Male

-College Graduate

-Since '92 (19 Years)

-I was bored, and it was on TV

-Male soap-opera, escape from reality

-Two

-House shows

-I don't participate

-No

-Triple H DVD, The Rock DVD, Hell In A Cell DVD

-RAWs and PPVs

-Depends

-Sting. he's the epitome of an honest man.

-2008 or so

-2008 or so

-Directed here from Yahoo Answers

-Many people with common interests

-Not too obsessive

-No

-No

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
Male

Graduated highschool

around 15 years

since I was about 4

My grandfather was a bartender, and cooked for a catering buisness. He got my aunts and uncles into Pro wrestling, because he would take in food to the shows back in the day. He met huge names and passed on the love to my mother. My mom was probibaly viewing wrestling when I was really young, but I only remember small bits of it after I was 4 or 5.

I love the action, and storylines.

I've lost count, but I haven't been to any since I was 16. Around 25 house shows, and 2 raw's.

Raw, and a few indi shows when they come to the area.

To Ft. Wayne, Indiana, and Detroit. Both are around an hour and a half from me

No I've never really been into stuff like that.

WM twenty-24. And like two really old vhs tapes.

Monday, Thursday, and Friday.

I buy them and streem them.

Sting, he told a story to me when I was young. He didn't talk but still insipired me.

august of 07

A friend who got on it in school

The friends you make, and alot of people don't know how wrestling really is.

I love this

I've met them and have a few pictures in storage. But my favorite wrestler was Big Show, he is huge! But he loves the fans and allways makes time to talk to you! He's still a really nice dude, even though I believe at the time he was playing a heel.

No

How old are you?: 18

Are you male or female?: Male

What is your highest level of education?: Currently a senior in high school, starting university in the fall

How long have you watched professional wrestling?: approx. 11-12 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling?: When I was somewhere between 6 and 8. 1999 sounds about right.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling?: My older brothers were huge fans, and I wanted to be popular.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling?: The fact that it's really unique. There's no other form of entertainment like it, and there's nothing like the environment and the fandom in wrestling. There's so much to the business and its history, that you never stop learning and growing more appreciative. Also I like the flips.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to?: 1.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to?: WrestleMania XXIV.

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event?: About an hour drive, maybe 70 miles.

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia?: Yes. Somewhere between 8-10 shirts and a ton of magazines.

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs?: Yes. Every WrestleMania except for 22, 25, 26, and 27. I also own the Ladder Match collection, the McMahon DVD, and a Ring of Honor Glory By Honor IX DVD. There are probably a few others.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis?: Every week, and all of the WWE programming, so anywhere from 6-11 hours.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar?: Stream them online, usually, through devious means.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why?: Shawn Michaels, for the same reasons as everyone else. He entertained me the most.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling?: Somewhere around 2007.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling?: Somewhere around 2008.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com?: Don't recall, but it was probably just the result of a google search for wrestling news.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet?: I like sharing my opinions with other "smart" fans and hearing theirs. Also, there are a wealth of jokes as a result of the history of the business, so there's always humor potential.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less.:I like WWE.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience.: I met the Big Show randomly at a Tampa mall back in 2004. I ran up with some other middle schoolers and said hi and said some stupid jokes along the lines of "Oh, don't chokeslam me!!!" He was with this woman, so it was very cool of him to not blow us off even though I'm sure we were annoying them. We also ran into a Johnny Rocket's and got some napkins for him to sign. Cool guy.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience.: Nothing past practicing moves with my friends on the trampoline for hours and hours back in elementary school.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

Male

AAS Degree in Computer Technology

I watched for the first ten years of my life and quit when Hogan admitted that it wasn't real. Then I came back in 1999 and have been hooked ever since.

As young as I can remember. Probably around 4-5 years old the first time around. The second time was when I was 27.

The first time around I watched because it's what my family watched. The 2nd time, I watched because at one time I fell on hard times and couldn't afford cable so I watched whatever would come in on my local channels; one which was UPN that showed SMACKDOWN! every Thursday. This got me hooked again.

It's a grown man's soap opera. I love the story lines as much as the physicality. In a world of reality TV, it's good to get away from reality with some wrestling.

I've been to some local shows, maybe one or two but never to a WWE or TNA event.

As a kid I went to a local event out of Memphis that came to my home town. A year or two ago. I went to a local event where a friend of mine was wrestling.

Never been to a big time wrestling production. Was gonna travel about 80 miles to catch RAW but didn't have the funds.

Personally, no. But I bought some t-shirts for my kid.

Yes! I have a pretty good collection. Anywhere from 9-15 DVDs.

At least 3 time a week. RAW and SMACKDOWN as well as TNA IMPACT! I also try to catch all the monthly WWE PPVs.

I buy WWE PPVs most of the time. I don't ever get TNA PPVs. I stream them instead when I remember that they're on.

Hard question. Too many to name. I have the Big 3 which are The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and HHH. Then my favorite ledgends are Flair, Mick Foley, Taker and Hogan.

The Big Three are who got me back into wrestling while the ledgends have my respect from building up the business to what it is today.

About Two years ago.

Oct 4, 2010.

Google

I don't have many friends in the real world who like the "behind the scenes" stuff and storylines as much as I do. I like trying to predict matches and swerves based on the storylines while my friends who watch wrestling just watch the storys unfold and don't appreciate the heels winning like I do.

Big Time Fan!

As a kid, I met Stan Lane and Steve Kern (aka The Fabulous Ones) and got an autographed picture. Although it was a long time ago and the details are a little foggy, it's an experience I'll never forget!

No.

How old are you?: 18

Are you male or female?: Male

What is your highest level of education?: Currently a senior in high school

How long have you watched professional wrestling?: 13 yrs.

When did you start watching professional wrestling?: 5 yrs old

Why did you start watching professional wrestling?: My dad and older brother watched.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling?: The action

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to?: 5.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to?: TNA house shows in NY

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event?: Upstate NY

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia?: No

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs?: Yes.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis?: TNA every week and I watch RAW if none of my favorite sports teams are playing same with Smackdown.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? I buy TNA PPVS and Stream WWE ones

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why?: Austin I thought he was "cool"

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling?: Around 2009.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling?: Around 2010 when I joined this forum.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com?: Search engine

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet?: I like sharing my opinions

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less.:

Have you met any wrestlers? Yes I've met numerous wrestlers at some TNA shows and they were all very friendly signed some stuff and took pictures

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? Nothing serious just fooling with younger and older brother.

How old are you?:

Are you male or female?:
Male.

What is your highest level of education?:
Freshman in college.

How long have you watched professional wrestling?:
Four years.

When did you start watching professional wrestling?:
2007, though I had played the games at various points during my growing up, and I knew who The Rock, Steve Austin, and Hulk Hogan were.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling?:
We had a stage combat course during my drama class in ninth grade or so, and the instructor told us that one of the best forms of stage combat was professional wrestling. Around this time I had been renting Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 in order to mess with the Create-A-Character feature, and I wanted to find out who the people in the game were. I flipped on Smackdown one afternoon and was enjoying it, but not enough to get me to get hooked. That is, until Deuce N Domino came on my screen. I thought they were awesome, how they had this greaser gimmick complete with roller-skating girl in bobby socks. In the main event of the show, The Undertaker returned after some incredibly cool vignettes, and since then I've never missed a show.

I love the passion and spectacle that goes into it. I love the stories, and how it's completely different from any other form of entertainment. I love how it can make one laugh or gasp or "mark out". I live for the surprises, for the times when a story comes to a head, for the times a performer really gets into flow and delivers a great promo. I love how it can draw one in and make them suspend disbelief the way it does. Wrestling is like nothing I have ever seen before, and I love it for that.

Four.

One WWE house show, one RAW, one Smackdown, and one independent show.

To Flint, Michigan (from Beavercreek, Ohio)

Several action figures - The Rock, Million Dollar Man, Goldust, Dude Love, The Hurricane, and Bret Hart are the ones I have on display, but in my closet I have some Rey Mysterio figures, some Shawn Michaels figures, a Cena, an Undertaker, and a Triple H. My friend gave me the ones in my closet, along with the Hart. I also own a Top Rope Quality Sheamus shirt ("Laoch"), a Top Rope Quality Nexus shirt ("Scratch Logo"), and a regular quality Nexus shirt (the newspaper one). Finally, I own an autograph from Ted DiBiase Jr. and a signed bandanna from the aforementioned indy show that one of the wrestlers threw into the crowd and I caught.

Several:
Bret Hart: Hitman
Smackdown 10th Anniversary set
Breaking The Code (Chris Jericho)
The Rise And Fall of ECW
ECW One Night Stand 2005
3PW Raven's Rules
(It's terrible, by the way. The only saving grace was Matt Striker and his awesome impressions)
The Wrestler (Don't know if this counts)

Twice a week - RAW and Smackdown. Occasionally I catch clips of Impact on Youtube, but only if Winter is in a good segment. I also sometimes rewatch the best parts of RAW on Youtube several times if they're awesome enough (e.g. Sin Cara's debut, The Rock's return)

It depends. I plan to always buy the Rumble, and Wrestlemania also usually ends up being bought. The rest depend on whether or not my friends want to watch it and chip in. Those things get expensive. I tend to stream the rest of the WWE ones. I never buy TNA, and I've bought one ROH iPPV so far, Final Battle 2010. I usually just miss the iPPVs, but I really wanted to see Steen/Generico.

Mick Foley. His books are great reads, he was the guy who was always told he couldn't make it and yet he did, his gimmicks were all great and exemplify why I love wrestling, and he's also one of my favorite promo guys ever. On top of all that, his book Hardcore Diaries got me interested in the behind-the-scenes aspects of wrestling and started my transformation into megafan.

Honorable mentions: Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Diamond Dallas Page

Around the beginning of 2008. I found a website called The Wrestling Fan and appreciated its humorous reviews and recaps.

A little bit after finding TWF, I checked out their forums. They're deader than disco, but the few posts they did get were pretty funny.

TWF namedropped it in a derogatory manner during the Armageddon 2008 review, the one where Jeff Hardy was said to have been found unconscious in a hotel stairwell. I found the site, found the forums, and lurked for a while until registering in December. I made my first post near the end of January.

The community. I love forums, and the discussion here can be top notch. I like to look at the program in different (but positive) ways than just taking things as they are on the surface. It's fun.

All consuming.

I met Ted DiBiase Jr. at an autograph signing, Jan. 3rd, 2010. Nice fellow. He was really good to the kids who were there. He signed a graphic I had made of him and said it was really cool. I still have it on my bulletin board to this day.

No, not really. My brother and I used to wrestle around when we were younger, but that's not really what you're looking for I'd guess.

How old are you? 26

What is your highest level of education? BA Hons degree

How long have you watched professional wrestling? 21 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling? Aged 5.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? My dad got me into it.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? Its a form of entertainment unrivalled by anything else on tv, whether it be soaps, sports or movies.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? 16

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? 2 live raws, 1 nitro taping, 4 WWE house shows, 3 TNA house shows, 5 wrestlemanias, 1 UK wrestling promotion

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? UK to Houston (WM25)

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? Too much

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? Too many

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? Once, maybe twice a week

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? I'll very rarely buy a PPV, otherwise I'll stream or check the results in the morning

Stone Cold, mainly for his spontenaeity

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? From about 1999

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? 1999

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? Searched for wrestling news, after I couldn't get TPWW.net

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? Not really, internet fans think they're better than the core fans and are generally smug and arrogant and kinda obsessive.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. Enthusiastic. Loyal. Healthy

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. Yes. I've met Shawn Michaels, who was on a plane flight as me. I found him polite and courteous, if not a bit uninterested in interacting with a fan. Met John Cena, who was friendly, but a lot more serious than I expected. Met Eddie Guerrero about a year before he died, he was very very friendly and accomodating. Met Bret Hart at a book signing, he was nice enough, didn't have much to say. Met Maria at a signing and she was really nice, and hot... Met quite a few TNA guys too. Hebner was very arrogant, Mick Foley uninterested, Consequences Creed very friendly, as was Jay Lethal, Gail Kim and Hernandez, ODB was very funny, Team 3D not very friendly, AJ styles didn't seem interested and Rhino was probably the most unfriendly person I've ever met, wouldn't even let fans stand next to him for photos. Samoa Joe and James Storm were really friendly and Dixie Carter is the sweetest woman on the planet.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. Not quite, but I did try MMA out for a bit. It was fun and I actually did very well on the groundwork/grappling stuff, because of what I had seen through watching wrestling.

Hope this helps

How old are you? 23

What is your highest level of education? Bachelor of Arts

How long have you watched professional wrestling? Over 22 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling? Before I can remember. Late 80s.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? My mom watched it and I watched it with her.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? It's escapism from real life. It allows you to have something that keeps you from thinking about the real world and go into a world where things are pretend but you can suspend your disbelief for a few hours a night.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? 15 or so.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? House shows, Backlash 2006, a Thunder taping, 2 Smackdowns, 2 Raws

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? Hour and a half

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? Yes.

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? Yes.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? Daily.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? No, yes, no.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? Mick Foley. The Rocky Balboa like character is something that i always enjoy seeing.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? Around 2001

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? Around 2007

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? Friend recommended it.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? Nice to have a diverse group of people to discuss it with.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. Totally completely obsessed.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. Yes. Met Mick Foley at a book signing. Very laid back but a fun time.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. No.

So I'm out of rep gentlemen, but rest assured I'll get you all when I have more to give. It's starting to come together nicely, though I'm not 100% on how I would describe the typical internet wrestling fan yet. Definitely smarter than the average fan, but not necessarily more dedicated or hardcore. Some are, some aren't. I was also noticing a pattern of liking the smaller wrestlers more than the larger wrestlers, but that's started to disappear. The IWC is definitely mostly men (obviously) and in their late teens to mid 20s, though there are outliers. I think the most revealing statistic is the willingness to spend money on professional wrestling related purchases.

The most important part, though, is why you turned to the forums, and it's clear that it's because there is nowhere else to get good discussion. I think it's safe to say that while the majority of wrestling fans are happy to watch the programs and then forget about them until the next episode, members of the IWC need to discuss it at length and how it compare it to other forms of wrestling and such.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

Male.

I hate answering this question, but I have a PHD in Behavioral Psychology.

Since 1994. 17 years.

In 1994.

My best friend watched and he'ld always have it on when I went over. One night he insisted I watch a PPV with him, and I did, which happened to be Wrestlemania 10. It was the HBK/Razor Ramon match that really got me "started".

The larger then life personalities, the athleticism, the storytelling and psychology within the ring, and the escape from reality it provides. I also love and appreciate the history of the business, and seeing it live is as much fun as the sporting events I go see each year, which is saying alot. The escape from reality is fantastic as well.

1998 KOTR
2001 Unforgiven
2005 No Way Out
2007 Armageddon
2009 Bragging Rights
Raw(7) 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Smackdown(4) 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010

Not far, about 20 miles to Pittsburgh, where they have shows fairly often.

Yes.

Around 50.

Twice. Raw and Smackdown, even if I have to watch the latter on my computer the next day.

I alternate. I buy every TNA PPV even though I dont watch the show regularly, and either buy every WWE PPV, or go to a local bar with friends to watch. Id say 70% buy and host parties, 30% at our local Buffalo Wild Wings.

John Cena. I had stopped watching wrestling for about a year, and when I started watching again, Cena was on Raw, and the focus of the show. I thought the man was incredibly charismatic and likeable, but had the right amount of intensity at the same time. I loved his wrestllng style, even though it was unorthodox.

Summer of 2006.

February of 2010.

An accidental misdirect from a non-wrestling site.

I like to write, and I enjoy interacting with other wrestling fans. I like coming up with ideas for others to write about and enjoy reading their opinions, and debating others on the nuances of wrestling. I love the history of the business, and enjoy discussing that as well.

Storytelling, psychology mark.

My favorite wrestler Ive met has been Edge, and he was one of the nicest human beings on the planet. He called me by name the entire time we chatted, which was at least 15 minutes. He was doing a live appearance with a poor turnout but you'ld never know by how engaging and enthusiastic he was, even to answer questions Im sure hes answered 1,000 times before.

Ive met John Cena, Kurt Angle, Christian, and Kane as well. Meeting Cena was surreal, and the other 3 were fun expriences as well. All were just to sign autographs, but all of them were very personable.

Hell no.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
Male

College Graduate

Fifteen years

I started watching professional wrestling when I was a child with my dad. I think he just happened to turn the channel and Monday Night Raw was on. He used to be a fan when he was a kid, so he kept the channel on and we began watching it every week.

It’s the perfect combination of drama and athleticism. It tells a story, both inside and outside of the ring that can be both entertaining and full of emotions.

Nine

1 TNA PPV
1 Raw taping
1 Smackdown House show
1 Raw house show
3 house shows (predraft)
2 indy shows

Three hours (281 Km)

Only the stuff I acquired during my childhood

Yes

Between two and four hours.

I’ll always purchase WrestleMania, as well as the Royal Rumble, every year.

Mick Foley – He never was the most athletic, or had the best look, but he always went out of his way to entertain the audience. He often managed to steal moments, but did them in different way than Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin did.

I used to use another wrestling news site to get my backstage information, one day it was down, so I used a search engine and it brought me to Wrestlezone.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet?None of my friends or co-workers are fans of wrestling, so using a place on the internet, such as the Wrestlezone forums, allows me to have thoughtful and intelligent discussions with other knowledgeable fans.

More than casual.

Yes – I have ment several TNA wrestlers and Knockouts at a PPV event I attended a few years ago. I happened to meet the Public Relations guy for TNA, and after a fairly lengthy conversation regarding the public, he invited myself and a friend backstage before the show. After the show, I was able to meet some of the talent that happened to be mingling in the arena.

No

How old are you?

Are you male or female?:
Male.

What is your highest level of education?:
I have completed one Master's Degree and am almost finished with my second. I have been accepted to a Ph.D. program, too. I guess you could say Post-Graduate or Doctoral Program

How long have you watched professional wrestling?:
23 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling?:
When I was about 5, basically as far back as I can remember.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling?:
I was a kid and that was the thing to do on Saturday mornings. It was a family affair. My family had watched wrestling back in the days of Gorgeous George, they turned me on to it.

It's a break from "caring." With most forms of entertainment, there's an emotional investment. I find, with wrestling, I don't have to invest as emotionally as I do with things like college football and the like. Wrestling allows me to not care and just enjoy the show.

One WWE house show, one RAW, one Smackdown.

No more than 15-20 minutes from my house.

I own DVD's as of the present. But, back home in storage, I have championship belts, a CD of intro music, wrestling buddies, and action figures.

Monday Night Wars
The Rise And Fall of WCW
John Cena Experience
Wrestling With Shadows: Bret Hart Story
Beyond The Mat

Once, I only usually watch Raw. Occasionally I'll catch Smackdown, but I'm usually out and drinking on Friday's so I tend to not care about it as much. When it was on Thursday nights, I'd watch both. Friday is just too hectic for me.

I buy some PPV's and stream others. Honestly, I buy so many UFC's that I don't have the extra cash for many WWE PPV's so unless it's a blockbuster (WrestleMania), I'll usually stream.

My favorite was always Texas Tornado. I don't have a really good explanation because it was so long ago, but I used to just get excited as all hell when he competed and wanted to be him.

Honorable mentions: Randy Savage, Earthquake, and Lex Luger.

Oh god, as soon as the damn internet came out. I would look up stuff left and right. It wasn't until my later years that I really got savvy at sifting through the bullshit online and finding reliable resources.

Oh man, back in the AOL (subscription) chat days. We used to discuss RAW in private chatrooms with friends and such. Forum boards and the like didn't come until way later on, maybe four years ago.

Honestly, I found it because I Google'd Mixed Martial Arts forums and it came up. I check out the Mixed Martial Arts forums, really liked the posters, and began posting in that section. It wasn't until I got comfortable with the site that I began discussing wrestling here.

Mostly, I don't I drop comments here and there on forum boards, but I really use WZ for the MMA forum, Sports Stadium, and the Cage.

I enjoy it

Shawn Michaels back in like 1993. It was the thrill of my life at the time. My friend's parents had box seats at the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim and they used their connections to get us backstage. I don't think we could shut up about it for a month.

No, I always enjoyed MMA more. I wanted to do that more than anything until my knee blew out playing High School basketball.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
Male

High School

As long as I can remember.

I don't remember. I guess I was 2 or 3.

My family watched it.

The entertainment value.

If Indy Shows count, about 30 or so.

WWE, OVW, and indy shows in my area.

About an hour away to Louisville.

Video Games, Shirts, Books, Magazines, action figures from when I was younger.

About 50 or so.

12 hours or more

My friend sells me dvd's for Ten Dollars. His sister orders the ppv's and they record them.

Triple H. As a young kid, he was always my favorite. I don't really know why. He was mostly even heel when I was younger but I didn't care because to me he was a badass.

About 3 or 4 years ago.

About a year ago.

I clicked Scott Hall now under google images and WZ had a pic of him looking horrible.

Just something to do I guess. I love wrestling so why not?

obsessed

Like Hamler said, I have met a lot when they were in OVW. Pretty cool experience because at OVW some would set out in the crowd and talk to you. My favorite was probably Elijah Burke or Shad Gaspard.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience
I don't guess a trampoline counts.

How old are you? -22

Are you male or female? -Male

What is your highest level of education? -1 year of college

How long have you watched professional wrestling? -19 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling? -I was a little kid no more than a year or two old

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? -I started watching because my family watched

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? -I enjoy the aspect of good vs. evil and how they get to the payoff.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? -Too many to count. Use to go all the time as a child. Recently though 3.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? -Mostly House Shows, In Your House PPV, Original ECW event, 3 Raws

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? -Philadelphia, so about 45 mins-1 hour

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? -No

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? -Yes

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? -Probably 4-5 days a week.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? Yes I buy PPV

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? -Bret Hart. He is the first guy I really got behind once I understood the aspect of things.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? Probably around 2000.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? 2000.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? -Looking for spoilers awhile back.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? -Gives me other views on wrestling besides my own and the few friends that watch

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. -Definitely obsessed

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. -Yes. I've met Tony Atlas and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. Both were extremely generous and took photos and signed autographs. Dibiase even told me Bulldog was coming back with a new look and we thought he was BSing, needless to say he was right.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. -Nope

How old are you? - 18, 19 on the 1st of May.

Are you male or female? - I have a schlong.

What is your highest level of education? - In college.

How long have you watched professional wrestling? - Huh... Probably about 16 years. My parents say I gravitated towards it.

When did you start watching professional wrestling? - According to my parents, I was 2.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? - I was 2, I don't know.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? - The action, the stories, promos, and the pure athleticism.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? - 6.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? - 1 WCW, 2 RAW events, 1 Smackdown, 1 PPV.

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? - I happened to be in Florida when one happened.

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? - Yeah, from when I was in elementary school, and some signed stuff.

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? - Yup. Not too much.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? - Quite a bit. Few hours.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? - I buy a few.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? - The Rock or Chris Jericho. Both charismatic and entertaining.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? - Early 2000s, usually for results if I missed something.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? - May 2010.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? - Googled "wrestling news." Wanted something different.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? - Dont have anywhere else to discuss it, none of my friends like it.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. - Happy fan.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. - A few. I met The Rock and nearly died of excitement. Nice guy.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. - Yes. As a kid I wrestled around with friends and stuff, but I went to a local place here a few years back. Just to try it. Not as easy as it seems.

I wouldn't do this for many people, Jiggles. Feel special.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?
Male

12 grade

6 years

I started watching it when I randomly flipped onto on T.V and realized what it was and liked it.

I thought it was real fighting which I liked.

Athletics plus entertainment.

1-Raw in Pittsburgh

Monday Night Raw

15 min drive

Yes

No

Daily

No. Yes. No

Undertaker-he got me hooked on Wrestling with his mysterious actions.

About a Year ago

September

I wanted to find out Smackdown tapings and this came up.

Because it is very fun to hear diverse opinions.

Microcosm of Life

NO sadly

Me and my brother screw around with wrestling occasionly Just for fun although have considered FCW

How old are you?
26 (on Saturday)
Are you male or female?
Male
Bachelors degree
as long as I can remember
late 80's
My brother watched it, and I fell in love with it.
I love the choreographed/improvised athleticism, storylines, and action.
8 I think
All WWE(F) events. 2 live events (around 1990-1991), 3 RAWS (1998, 1999, 2000 i think), 1 Smackdown (sometime between 2001-2003), and 3 PPVs (Summerslam 1998 and 2002, and WrestleMania XX)
As in watch? Four Hours
yes, lots
A whole CD book full (probably 40 different ones)
Live/first run shows? I watch Raw every week without fail, and most Smackdowns. SO 2 hours every week, usually 4. However, I'll watch DVDs, downloaded matches, etc all the time as well, which would up it to about 8 hours a non-PPV week
I stream PPVs. If there was a bar near me, I'd likely go there. PPVs like WrestleMania I would likely consider purchasing if I had other people who'd chip in and watch it too.
I have 2. Zack Ryder, because I went to school with him; and Lance Storm, because of his technical ability in the ring and his use of the internet to connect with his fans (in a time when that wasn't extremely common).
around 2000 probably.
2009 when I joined this forum.
I had used Wrestlezone.com for years for my wrestling news. I believe I found it via an ad on another site, but I don't recall exactly how I found it.
I enjoy hearing many many different peoples opinions on the product. I don't have many wrestling fan friends offline, so this is really the only place I have to discuss wrestling.
passionate but reserved
Only at autograph signings. From my recollection, they were all very personable and cool guys.
Only in the backyard. It was fun, but not my thing.

How old are you? 18 (Edited... forgot my age.)

What is your highest level of education? High School

How long have you watched professional wrestling? 13 years

When did you start watching professional wrestling? Age 5

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? My dad watched it.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? For the storylines now more than anything else. And nostalgia. That's a big part.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? 4

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? RAW x2, No Mercy '08, No Way Out '09

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? 4 hours

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? Yes

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? I misplaced them.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? I stopped watching for 1-2 years, but have started to watch weekly or bi-weekly since February.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? - I don't, personally. I have always watched WrestleMania at my dad's. I used to stream them monthly.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? - The Rock and Shawn Michaels in a two-way tie. I can't explain the reasoning. Connections to my early childhood, I suppose.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? - I was 13 or so.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? - I think I was 15 when I signed up for WrestleZone for the first time.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? - My dad used to check here for "spoilers".

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? - I don't anymore. I come here to BS with old members and troll noobs.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. - Bi-polar.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. - No. :'(

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. - No

How old are you? 21

What is your highest level of education? I'm a junior in college.

How long have you watched professional wrestling? Probably about 17 years.

When did you start watching professional wrestling? Early 90's.

Why did you start watching professional wrestling? I saw Hulk Hogan and thought he was cool and all my friends watched it, so naturally I did as well.

Why do you enjoy professional wrestling? I honestly don't know. It's one of the few things that has captured my imagination as a kid and kept a hold of it ever since. Some people have comic books, some people have movies, I have wrestling.

How many live professional wrestling events have you been to? 25 I could think of, but there could be more.

Which professional wrestling events have you been to? WCW Nitro, WWE house show, WWE RAW, WWE Smackdown!, TNA iMPACT, TNA Genesis 2007, TNA house show, WWE One Night Stand 2007, WrestleMania 24, WrestleMania 25.

What is the farthest you have traveled to participate in a professional wrestling event? From Jacksonville, FL to Houston, TX.

Do you own any wrestling clothing or paraphernalia? A ton of shirts from when I was younger, like DDP, Sting, nWo Wolfpac and Undertaker. i also have a shirt from WM 24 and 25, as well as commemorative seats from ONS 07, WM 24, WM 25.

Do you own any wrestling videos or DVDs? A ton. 8 WWE, 2 TNA, 26 ROH, 5 EVOLVE, 9 Chikara, 11 Dragon Gate USA.

How often to you watch wrestling on a weekly basis? I catch RAW evry Monday, and ROH on HDNet before it went off. I sometimes catch TNA and Smackdown if my DVR decides to work. I also watch a lot of random indy DVD's.

Do you buy PPVs? If no, do you stream them online? Do you watch them at a local venue like a bar? I watch the big one's from WWE (WM, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble) as well as other WWE PPVs that look interesting. I order one or two TNA PPVs a year. I've ordered every ROH iPPV on GoFightLive and one DGUSA iPPV on GoFightLive. I watch them at my house or a friend's house.

Who is your all-time favorite wrestler? Why? I have two. 1. Chris Jericho-I was a hige fan of his as a kid and he always put on great matches. As I got older I appreciated his in-ring work more and more and he truly is one of the best ever.

2. Goldust-I love crazy gimmicks and it doesn't get much crazier than Goldust. I remember laughing so hard at him when he got his clothes ripped off by Roddy Piper at WM 12 and he was wearing lingerie.

When did you start using the internet to find information on wrestling? Around 2006 or 2007.

When did you start using the internet to discuss wrestling? 2007 to discuss One Night Stand.

How did you find Wrestlezone.com? Typed in wrestling news in google and it came up.

Why do you enjoy discussing wrestling on the internet? Because I only have one friend who watches wrestling and he only likes WWE, so if I want to talk about anything else wrestling related I have to come here.

Describe your wrestling fandom in three words or less. Tons of fun.

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience. Tomko-A day after an iMPACT taping my family spent the day at Univeral Studios. We were in line for a churro and he was standing in front of us. I was like "Hey Tomko" and he said "Hey." i told him we were both from Jacksonville and he said something nice about it. Then we went our seperate ways. He seemed cool.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience. On the trampoline all the time. I'm not sure if that counts. We used to wrestle all the time in my drama class senior year in high school. We would get the cheerleading mats and use those as our ring. We would make signs and hand them out and thn wrestle for the class. I was Johnny Mayhem and my friend went by Mr. Pain and we were tag champs. I doubt this is what you meant, but it was fun.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

Male

University 2:1 degree in Business and Management studies

About 14 years

Around 1997 I think

My friends had started watching it. I watched it round at one of their houses and fell in love with it.

The action, athleticism, excitement, violence, hot women, escapism, storylines. Pretty much everything

WWE House show in the UK
WWA Inception
TNA House show in the UK
2007 King Of Europe Cup (Indie tournament won by Nigel McGuinness)

30 miles or so

Not any more. I used to have a jersey of The Rock, and had T-shirts from Undertaker, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Too Cool and The Hardy Boyz

Yeah probably about 30. My favourites are the 3 disk sets on HBK, Raw, Bret Hart, and Ladder match. Also, the ECW rise and fall DVD is great

Maybe 3x a week

I rarely buy, other than WM. I sometimes stream online

Kurt Angle for his talent in the ring. He is the best wrestler in the world today. Other than him, Raven has always been a favourite. His promos blow me away, and I LOVE the ECW grunge look he used to have. He was the coolest by far.

Probably about 12 years ago at least

Errmm, around the time that Smackdown Just Bring It was released. So is that 2002 or something?

Surfing the net and stumbled across it.

Most people I know IRL do not like wrestling any more. It is nice to talk to people who are fans and know the business well. Also, its great to be reminded of wrestlers from the past, classic matches and nostalgic moments.

Attitude era fan

Have you met any wrestlers? If yes, describe the experience

I have met Bret Hart at a signing session. That was an honour and he was a nice guy. I have also met Rhino, Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness, El Generico, Alex Shane and Doug Williams at an indie show. They were all friendly, but Rhino seemed a bit bored when talking to fans.

Have you ever tried professional wrestling? If yes, describe the experience

No, I have always fancied it, but never seriously thought of it as a career. I have wrestled on trampolines, and on mats at my Jujitsu classes but never had any training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back