How do you think Y2J's return has been?

• Great - His return couldn't have been better

• Decent - It still can improve

• Horrible - he should have went to TNA instead

Results are only viewable after voting.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
How fucked up is the Jericho push?

#1 He's here to save us from Randy Orton. That feud ends after Orton get's DQ'd. No rematch nothing.

#2 He's put into a feud with JBL. Poor worker in his return from injury. PPV match ends in a DQ.

#3 He's pinned onRaw. Just 6 weeks or so after his return. In a match where he didn't need to be pinned.

#4 He's put into the Elimination Chamber match. A match he will not win. So that will be 3 PPVs without a pinfall or submission victory.

#5 Does anyone have a clue what Jericho's Mania plans are? Who will he face. The only person I can see is Jeff Hardy. Which is it does happen wont result in a voctory for Y2J.

After all the hype of his return his push has just been a massive dissapointment. Part WWE's fault part Jerichos. WWE's because he was needed on Smackdown more than on Raw. And Jericho for doing the same act that was tired when he was ''fired'' in 2005. He's a great performer but he deserves so much better.

He will probably end up in MITB, and win that depending on whether Hardy makes it into the mania main event like I think he might against Orton. If not then Hardy will almost certainly win it. But I don't know, Vinces Mania plans are anybodys guess.

Jericho needs a heel turn bad, he isnt getting enough reaction as a face, and there are too many main event faces on Raw atm. Jericho is an awsome heel, they might have him allign with JBL or something after mania which will give him massive heat. Jericho is better as a heel in my opinion.

But yea I think his current 'push' sucks donkey dick, but HHH doesnt like him so what can you do.

I agree. This "push" seems to be hurting Y2J more then helping him. Odds are we'll see his feud against JBL continue on till NWO. After that it's anybody's guess as to what he'll be doing. They may have another JBL vs Y2J gimmick match at mania or something. If not I can see him being part of the money in the bank match and most likley loosing it. Y2J came to save us from Orton.... It really seems like he needs to save himself cause right now he's going nowhere fast.

I have to agree, I am very let down with the return of Jericho. Since his return he hasn't done much, he has stuck to the same character and he obviously isn't as over as WWE would thought he would be.
His save us rubbish against Orton was really pointless, the WWE didn't take it anywhere, A title match ending in a DQ was pointless if you ask me, If they didn't want to slap the title back on Jericho after a return, they shouldn't have put him in the title picture, only to have him lose.
JBL and Y2J is by far one of the most disappointing storylines, in theory there should be a lot of potential here, with both men having great mic skills, the characters should work well together, and the wrestling should make a decent match, however with the DQ endings and dull storyline they are continuing with, all the potential that should have been, just isn't there. I also see this one carrying onto WM, mainly because there would be little else for JBL to do. MITB wouldn't suit JBL, maybe Y2J, but that would leave JBL very little to do.
If not against JBL at WM I could eventually see a heel turn for Y2J, simply because as a face he isn't working and the WWE has obviously seen that, with the recent character change this week on Raw.
Anyway they need to do something fast, Jericho is a wasted talent right now, he could so easily be in a better spot right now. I always enjoyed Triple H/Y2J, that's the only other option I can see.

Meh, he's the biggest flop I've seen on quite some time. He came back and nobody has given a shit. As for his feuds, I have no problem with the JBL feud. Hell it's probably been the best one on RAW as of late. They'll rematch at Mania in some sort of gimmick and Jericho will come away with the win.

The Orton feud was terrible, I still have no clue what WWE was thinking on that one that's when he started flopping like a fish out of water. There was no need just to toss him to RKO and have it end in a DQ. Seriously, what was the point if he was just going to drop right back down into the upper mid-card while Hardy got a push to the top?

IMO They should have just put him on SD! Jesus Christ how much talent does RAW have at the moment and yet it still sucks major ass? Lots. He'll get lost in the circus eventually when Vince realizes nobody gives a shit. Plus, add that Triple H doesn't like him, will get him nowhere.

I think for the most part Jericho's return has been a flop due to WWE side more than Jericho IMO. If the WWE was smart they would have put Jericho on Smackdown where he could feud with MVP, Edge, and inclusing some ECW stars. Look it was going to be a flop in the beginning the moment he was put on RAW i mean look at the faces RAW has at the moment. Hardy, Cena, HHH, HBK...Jericho is on the bottom of that list.

Putting Jericho on RAW was stuipd on WWE's side when the Smackdown was the place for him to go.

This was my fear when I heard he was returning to RAW, H just loves to bury people, seemingly Y2J more than anyone. Lets be fair though, Jericho is not at his best right now, in the ring or on the mic so hopefully if he steps up he'll get a reward.

Mind you I still hope he goes to SD and feuds with Edge or turns heel and Fueds with Taker, Batista or Rey. Thats money!

The save us campaign was let out of the bottle before he even came back and so far has been a major disappoinment. It seems they brought him back outta desperation when Cena went down and that Raw is just stacked with top tier talent they are pitting me against JBL. I dont like this storyline either. I rather see Jericho on Smackdown where they need another top superstar. They have Edge who is basically running the show and Taker is feuding with Henry and Bid Daddy V. Nothing against Rey Mysterio but IMO he is not cutting it with the Edge feud

I'd like to see him go to Smackdown & start a feud with MVP by telling him that Y2J was the MVP before MVP ever stepped foot in a WWE ring, i mean hell MVP never even defends the US Title are they just waiting for Matt to come back. he should go after Cena afterall he's basically the reason Y2J got fired but i guess that spot's reserved for Orton & eventually HHH.

The whole SAVE:US was drawn out way too long. if they wanted him to save something the only thing i could think of would be him coming & saving ECW, maybe Chavo can help do that.

I knew Y2J was screwed the first time i read about HHH mocking him around other WWE superstars telling them don't worry Jericho's here to save us all & laughing about it, he must still be pissed Y2J made him tear his first quad.

Reet, basically in my opinion this has just been screwed up hugely by the WWE. I thought Jericho coming back was going to give everything a big boost in general, and I thought he'd be pushed a lot more than he has been. I don't have a problem with him not being pushed to the Championship as I think it's waay too soon, but I then don't understand why he got so much attention before he even returned with all the Save_us.222 promos.

His feud with Orton was abysmal. I really expected him to get his claws into it, and even though I didn't want him to be champion I thought they could have a few good matches. Especially with Orton being the Legend Killer and Jericho being somewhat of a legend. However, how did this feud end? DQ. I don't think either of them learnt anything from the feud, and I don't know many fans who took much away from the feud, or will class it as memorable.

At Wrestlemania I think he'll just be out in a match to fill up the spaces and boost the names. Probably, as you say, with Jeff Hardy. Because I see no other feuds opening up for him. For some reason I can't see him stayng in the WWE very long, unless he starts a few new feuds in the next few weeks/months.

I agree with all of you who said he should have been put on SD!. He's going to stay in the state he is now as a upper midcarder as long as he is on Raw. He won't be in the title again for the forseeable future unless he wants revenge on Cena in the future... Since it was Cena who got him "fired". If Y2J was on SD! he could easily contend with people like Batista, Edge, and Taker over there. You've got too many big stars on Raw right now. The addition of JBL unless it's temporary is just another big star that Y2J will have to contend with in order to do anything.

Jericho should've came back as his cocky egotistical persona. He had to be the hero though for all the fans. It didn't get him anywhere unfortunately. I still believe he is a main eventer despite what HHH thinks of him. I've always heard HHH was never impressed with Jericho or Edge.

meh this is another prime example of the Cena injury messing up another good storyline. First it made Ortons title reign meaningless because he didnt beat the champ when he was as hot as hes been at any time in his career yet the awarding of the title to him did nothing and basically made his title reign seem like filler even though it looked to be a good one. Jericho was also messed up by Cenas injury because that would make a great heel return for him to come back, screw John Cena, and save_us from that Cena bullshit. It would be a tremendous feud seeing as how Cena was the one who got Jericho fired back in 2005 these two guys would deliver a few solid PPV matches and would create something that would make Raw watchable again. but instead we get some childish promo work and decent matches out of a boring face Jericho. I say get him hot send him to SD and have him face Edge or whoever for the title, put him in a high profile feud where hes on a show where he feels comfortable and watch him flourish into Jericho of old

Jericho deserved more of an in depth storyline right when he returned in order to keep him very interesting to the audience. he would have been able to work off his ring rust and have several opportunities to get back to his old self when it comes to mic work and wrestling ability. The Orton feud shouldnt have happened as soon as it did. Ultimately the only purpose it served was to get him involved with JBL. All the hype and all the build up of his return was squashed once he lost to Orton and went into a feud with someone whho has also been gone for a long time. My personal opinion is that it isnt the best idea to put 2 men who have been gone for a while and who both will naturally have ring rust in the same ring together immediately. They both are great on the mic and the story is interesting but it isnt showcasing Jericho's talents. I do agree that Smackdown would best suit Jericho because of Raw's roster. It has also been said that Triple H is against Jericho and that cant be helping him any if it is true.

It was a bad idea to come back as a face. That's what the people expected of him. He should've done the unexpected IMO. I believe Jericho as a heel is excellence. It also didn't help to cut his hair and completely change his image.

I have a feeling - and I'm hoping - that we might see a feud between Jericho and Kennedy soon. Kennedy has nobody else to feud with on Raw aside from Triple H (unless he turned face) and Jericho most likely won't have an Umaga feud before one with Kennedy. I'd love to see those two go at it for a while, even if it was mostly stick work.

sad to say, but i posted this while they were still doing the promos. Why is anyone shocked? Vince has no idea how to book well.

He blew the invasion angle, he is blowing the flair retirement angle and the dx reunion blows.

now if Jericho had shown up without the promos you would have had something powerful.

I just wanna see the funny Jericho back. I keep seeing videos on youtube of the old Jericho the Rock & Jericho had some classics. When Jericho and The rock was there you were guaranteed a laugh. But the funniest guy on raw at the moment would be Santino Morella. Like you have HHH trying to do his lame jokes but they just don't cut it. If they actually gave him a good story line instead of putting him against that fatty JBL the crowd might get hyped up like they used to when he was on the mic. He needs another big star to get into a feud with turning heel against HBK or Cena would be perfect because they are both fairly good on the mic. He still is one of my top wrestlers currently after Undertaker and HHH. I wouldnt like to see him go to smackdown because really the only good match he could have would be against Taker and maybe edge. Because people like Rey and Batista i don't see them as great performers. I just hope they do something quick.

Wow what a waste! The way Jericho has been booked since his return has been lackluster. I dont kno about others... but the Orton vs Y2J feud jst didnt seem to have my interest. The JBL vs Jericho fued has been ok I guess... but nothing merorable. The match @ the RR was average and I think it just missed something that I cant quite put my finger on.

Lets face it.. Jericho hasnt been that great in the ring lately so that also doesnt help the situation. I totally agree with others that said Y2J shuld b on SmackDown!

Raw is way too stacked atm with main eventers and Smackdown desperately needs a heel main eventer(like ive said many times) apart from Edge. Y2J vs Batista, Y2J vs Undertaker, Y2J vs Mysterio all sound pretty good to me.

I think one of the biggest problems in the WWE right now is the fueds. They jst dont give us long fueds anymore. Cena vs Edge and Undertaker vs Batista were long fueds that people cared about. Lately especially with Orton, his fueds last over 1 or 2 ppvs and its just not long enough to make the fued memorable. Also.. having longer fueds means that the WWE doesnt have to rush any midcarders into the main event spot like they frequently do.

Y2J is my all-time favorite, hands down, so I was thrilled when he returned. But, I agree with an earlier post, he should have came back as a heel...The anticipation of seeing his return was enough to sell him, so there was no need for him to be a face and continue to have the fans' admiration. Jericho has always been better as a heel, that's a well-known fact. Plus, WWE has screwed up in other ways regarding his return.
They shouldn't have thrown him in the title picture so quickly. Who really thought he was gonna dethrone Orton? Plus, when he lost at Armageddon, that pretty much deflated his entire "save us" campaign, and they pretty much moved into a whole new storyline because of JBL's interference.
This is the other mistake, IMO. JBL is a solid (and I use that term loosely) worker, but he cannot carry a match, period. It is up to the other performer to carry him (anyone remember his WM 21 match against Cena? ouch.), and Y2J of old would have been able to carry his lard-ass through a decent match. But, of course, Y2J has been out of the ring for a while, so it's understandable he has ring rust, as does JBL.
Why throw two rusty workers in the ring together in a program? I for one do not care for this feud, which had a sour beginning to start with. JBL was mad because Y2J ran into, and "pushed" him? Gimme a break. Just an excuse to get his lard-ass back into the ring for one last hurrah, and an excuse to get Jericho out of the main event because of HHH's bitching.
Now there are those that think Jericho did not belong in the main event due to his ring rust, and that is agreeable. But it is WWE who threw him in there to begin with, and who took him out so quickly when they realized not everyone was happy. I think Jericho as a heel could have had a short feud with, say, HBK to help him work off the rust. Then he'd be ready for something else.
Hopefully, WWE will do something worthwhile with Jericho in the future. He is a great all-around performer who can help build future stars and provide some new and interesting matchups. Please, get him outta the feud with JBL.....

i agree with some people his push sucked it was good when he 1st came then right after that week i had a feeling it was going downhill so my proposal at WM 24 why not have y2j vs jbl loser leaves brand have y2j loose get him on smackdown so he can start a little fresh mayb have him a heel cuz raw is packed and he gets lost in the shuffle and his matches arent even that appealing anymore so have him on smackdown after WM 24 it will suite him well

Its crap. I was soo excited for him to be back too. Not so much anymore. The way it looks he could be a jobber. I havent seen him make anyone tap with Walls, or his new finishing move the code breaker. Terrible. I hope WWE turns it around, Y2J becomes funny again (dont want the new and more brutal jericho) and they give him a push a lot of WWE fans want.

Y2J's return was a great thing for WWE last year, it's not his fault the creative team didnt use him properly. Hell, it's not his fault that he didnt have the title put on him because of the backstage politics and people wanting him to fail (being against the company's best interest for helping it) like Triple H and others.

Chris Jericho is the only man in the chamber that really deserves an opportunity other than Jeff Hardy. JBL is good, but not that good. Umaga isnt top material to main event at Mania, let's be real he wont win. I like Triple H too, but after a while you dont wanna see the same guy in a title match 8 Mania's in a row, step down, let someone else carry the company. HBK isnt gonna win cause of his limited schedule working no or few house shows and the champ is needed at house shows. So who else to SAVE_US except Y..2..J

I hop he wins and shows just how dominant he'll be all year, and after Mania he'll set his sights on the next big ppv, Summer Slam.

He will win his Wrestlemania match no matter what the match is and then he'll come right here in my home town at Back Lash hopefully with that title around his waist and I will be there with a sign that says I told you so, because the victor of that match will be, Chris Jericho!!

That will never happen. It's obvious Trips is getting back into the title picture. 6 months away from it is too much for a guy who was champ 11 times and can basically get whatever match he wants with whatever outcome. Hardy is also bigger than Y2J right now and has a lot more momentum to lead to a match with Orton. I'm a big fan but I don't see it happening.

I am very perplexed by the WWE's use of Jericho since his return. They should have continued the feud with Orton for a couple of RAWs at least and keep having JBL lurking if you really wanted that feud. Hell ... there was no reason that Orton could not have went over Jericho clean.
I don't think they know what they want to do with Jericho right now. I think they kind of shot their wad in the build-up for the Orton feud and then were like ... uh, now what?
I hope they figure it out soon, because there is no doubt wrestling and charisma wise that Jericho still has the talent needed to be top tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back