Jericho New IC Champ

How do you think Y2J's return has been?

• Great - His return couldn't have been better

• Decent - It still can improve

• Horrible - he should have went to TNA instead

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jericho doesn't need the IC Title anymore in my opinion..what was wrong with putting the title on Kennedy or getting Shelton Benjamin back on Raw for another run?? Even though Raw is Jericho and always will be Jericho I think right now he is better suited to Smackdown...maybe he could feud with Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship? That would be awesome! In order for the whole 3 brands thing to work the rosters have gotta start looking more equal. Obviously ECW will always be second best but I think Raw and Smackdown need to be more equally matched. Remember back in 2003 when Smackdown had a killer roster? - moving Jericho over to SD would be a wise move in the start to making this happen. I would like to see Jericho have a legitmate World Title run..when he became Undisputed Champion back in 2001 it just seemed like he was being used for a transitional period..he didn't even inherit the new look undisputed title but instead carried round the 2 titles for 4 months!!...But oh no no - the new look undisputed title was being reserved for Mr H

Does any1 think that the mitb in wrestlemania 23 edge got injured really but was meant to win the match and kennedy was the backup,

maybe this year jericho is the backup cause it was meant to be hardy and he will win but he is the ic champion, i think he will lose that belt after wrestlemaia if he wins the match defo unless, highly unlikely but could happen: Jericho wins wwe title and is ic champion at the same time would be great wouldnt it, i doubt it would happen but it is a theory so yano.

Anyway atm i fink he does need it, but unless he wins the mitb he definetly doesnt need it or gets back in the title hunt

Its been mentioned in the MITB thread but not in this one as far as I'm aware, however in the MITB thread it relates to mvp and matt. I think if y2j is too win the mitb and hold both the ic title and the mitb briefcase it has the potential to set up a couple of interesting fueds possibly invloving a mr kennedy or a returning jeff hardy or maybe both or someone else. Hardy could return and say the mitb match was mine as was the ic title and challenge for a match were the first fall is for the ic and 2nd is for the mitb. Or fued wth both kennedy and hardy with kennedy claiming the mitb was his and hardy claiming the ic title as his and involving an elimination triple threat or something else with the three.
I think it could add some more cred to the ic title and bring it closer to when rock, h and the attitude guys al fueded over it. And also put these 3 guys into some fueds which make sense and will draw

He will probally will stay champion till hardy returns and he probally might be most likely to win the mitb like mr.kennedy

one thing im dissapointed in is in the 1st mitb match Y2j was the creator this match is not givin him any push like that it could be a major key in the story the wwe should tell.... but i guess hardy played a major role in screwing things up for the excitment and story for this mitb match ... they had to throw together an ic title match and they had y2j in a joke match vs bigshow ..... but as for y2j as the ic champ thats his title he basicly brought prestige to it and i cant wait for the upcomin ic feuds .... they should be great exspecially with y2j holding that title .... be prepared though any thing can happen !

I like Jericho as the IC champ and think he will end up winning the MITB match. I agree with alex(the great 1) about jericho bringing prestige back to the IC belt. I do feel that McMahon has finally used Jericho in a right for the first time since his return.

It would have but WWE has a way of screwing up returns that are hyped. He had a terrible fued with Orton for the title. Then he went on to have a horrible fued with JBL (which went no where). and then he only won the IC title because Jeff got suspended. I personally would have given the IC belt to Kennedy to build him up and have at least Kept Y2J in the WWE title picture instead of JBL. So all in all a very horrible job with Jericho on the part of WWE.

Smackdown was aching for Y2J's return. Way more options for him than on RAW. Plus I believe it would of helped SD's ratings. The problem now is if he's sent to SD it looks like he's not good enough for RAW, especially after SD moving to another channel etc. I for one hope they sort out Y2J asap, as right now he's got a serious case of the Millenium Bug.

I think so far Y2J has had a good run as I.C champion and its better then not being a champion at all. Lets hope this can build to the WWE championship at a later stage.
In a way I think its a bit of a shock since he had so much support and was going to be the guy to turn around Raw now to be Ic champion.

It is still good very good to see Y2J back.

See What i dont get is, Every IC Champ hardly defends their title. Jeff never did and Jericho has had it for quite a bit and his only defended it out of the blue against Umaga? I like Y2J a lot, but they got to do more with the god damn belt. Whats the point of giving him the belt when u make him damn referee for Batista V HBK?? Doesnt make sense, WWE make him defend the title at PPV's, his the champion, not a referee. It seems they dont wanna use Jericho ever since his return cause really whats he done?? Got screwed by JBL, Bashed by JBL, Money in the Bank and this out of the blue win for the title. Doesnt seem right, his a great wrestler, USE HIM, and use the title, its the IC title WWE, not a ref title, Geez!

Jericho is one of my favourite wrestlers, up there with the Rock, but he seldom excites me nowadays, and it's probably not his fault, but the way that he's booked. This is probably another case of WWE panicking, since he's supposed to go into a long-term feud with Jeff Hardy but that stopped short with his suspension.

All the other wrestlers are already engaged in their own feuds, and instead of shifting focus away from a feud in order for Jericho to enter into a new feud more credibly, they have him play the role of a busybody in the business between HBK and Batista, and in traditional comical fashion, the busybody gets beaten down when they needed to vent their anger.

As for the Intercontinental title, it hasn't been credible for ages, so we can't blame Jericho for it. It's just Vince who loves his big guys (and HHH) and the WWE/WHC titles. I, too, would like to see good midcard feuds revolving around the IC title, but judging from the trend of things, I'm just afraid we'll end up in disappointment.

At least they show hints of attempting to revive the tag team title scenes. With Santino/Carlito gaining #1 contendership, and Cryme Tyme in the scene as well. I guess we should be contented with the little things and hope that they'll eventually realise the importantance of the IC title.

See What i dont get is, Every IC Champ hardly defends their title. Jeff never did and Jericho has had it for quite a bit and his only defended it out of the blue against Umaga?

He defended it against Big Show the week after he won it, the night after WM. Yet another example of Goldfish memory that i keep seeing in these forums.

But yeah, his return has been pretty pointless. But he obviously wouldn't have beaten Orton. JBL fued was crap but that's mostly due to JBL. HHH's politicking got him the EC win and we all saw that coming (if you didn't then you need to get clued in a bit more), and the only guys who should have won MITB is either Y2J or Kennedy (I say Kennedy because his original angle last year was to cash in at WM24 so why not continue with that? Taker got to have his title reign again, why couldn't Kennedy get his title shot again? Plus would have been a gr8 swerve to see him add himself to the ME or challenge Orton immediately after)

Throwing Y2J in the HBK/Batista match will probably lead to him fueding with whoever loses that match. Have to w8 a bit longer to see if this return is a huge flop IMO

His return was not good! I think he has everything to get u big push. Let him defend(cleanly) the IC Champ for a month or 4 against Umaga, J. Hardy, Punk,... and meanwhile some big matches against HHH,HBK,...

WWE should use him better, perhaps moving him to smackdown to fued with Edge, Untertaker an Batista.

They don't use him properly!

I agree with you that he is not being used properly. They only have him have the belt because of Jeff's suspension. He should be defending that belt against other great wrestlers. It would be nice for him to take on Shawn Michaels. He had a opening shot at Orton, then he faced JBL then poof basically nothing until he got the belt from Jeff. I bet we will see Jeff win the belt immediately when he gets back to the WWE.

Jericho needs to feud with Mr. Kennedy and drop the title to him. then he should move to Smackdown and be the one to eventually take the title off Undertaker.

As IC champ, it was a major step backwards, and being guest referee could have been good, but the aftermath of the way it was done, was not done right.

just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back