Chris Jericho: Favorite WM Match

Favorite WM match: Chris Jericho

• WM16 vs. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (IC & European Titles)

• WM17 vs. Regal (IC title)

• WM18 vs. Triple H (WWE title)

• WM19 vs. HBK

• WM20 vs. Christian

• WM21 vs. Edge vs. Benoit vs. Kane vs. Shelton vs. Christian (MITB)

Results are only viewable after voting.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Yup another one, I assume everyone knows the drill by now

WM16- Two-Fall Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental and European Championships: Kurt Angle (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit (13:35)

* Benoit pinned Jericho following a diving headbutt in the first fall to win the Intercontinental Championship. (7:54)

* Jericho pinned Benoit with a Lionsault in the second fall to win the European Championship. (13:35)

WM17- Chris Jericho defeated William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship (7:08)

* Jericho pinned Regal following a Lionsault

WM18- Triple H defeated Chris Jericho (w/Stephanie McMahon) to win the Undisputed WWF Championship (18:41)

* Triple H pinned Jericho after a Pedigree

WM19- Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho (22:33)

* Michaels pinned Jericho with a roll-up.

WM20- Christian defeated Chris Jericho (14:52)

* Christian pinned Jericho with a roll-up after Trish Stratus elbowed Jericho in the face.

* Tim White returned to referee this match after his injury at Judgment Day 2002.

WM21- Edge defeated Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian (w/Tyson Tomko) and Kane in the first Money in the Bank ladder match (15:17)

* Edge won by climbing a ladder and retrieving the briefcase hanging above the ring

For me it would have to be his WM19 match against HBK, that match has always stood out in my mind as one of the best matches of both guys careers, and it lived up to the build up, a great match with lots of back and forth action that could have gone either way, IMO it stole the show that night, and WM 19 was one of the best PPVs ever IMO, I also loved how they ended it with the roll-up, and then Jericho hugging HBK after the match and then kicking him down low, it just made Jericho an even bigger heel IMO, though I also loved his match with Christian at WM20, that match is probably my second favorite Jericho WM match, just a great match with a great classic story, and the Trish heel turn just made it even better, I also always liked his WM18 match agaisnt Trips, though always thought the build up for the match was kinda stupid, and focused way to much on Steph and Trips and the battle over Trips stupid dog, but the match itself wasn't that bad IMO, all in all Jericho has had many solid matches at WM, in fact I can't name one match that was less than great, WM17 he and Regal had a decent match that did a good job of kicking off a great card, and WM16 he won the European title in a good two fall triple threat with Angle & Benoit, but when all is said and done WM19 vs. HBK was the best WM match of Jericho's career, and I don't think he'll ever top it

I went with the Michaels match. The match at 16 was technically two matches in one which is a cool concept and it was a great match so I think this would get 2nd place. His match with Regal was just an opener which I never really thought his title was in any real danger. The match with HHH was pretty good but the outcome was never in doubt. People were leaving before the match ended because there was no point in staying. His match with Christian was good, but it just didn't even do it for me. The MITB was with 5 other guys so he couldn't really shine in that match. The HBK match was great because it stole the show that night. Classic back and forth action where you never knew who was going to win until the end, which to me is what makes every classic match.

How come Jericho only performs well at WrestleMania? Don't get me wrong I like him. But he's had very few quality matches in WWE. Overrated? Yup.

Out of the 6. Only two are duff. They aren't bad matches. Just meh. But the HHH one did go on after Hogan/Rock. So I can see why the match might have suffered.

Obviously the HBK one is best. I've said that already.

But I love the Christian one. I have to say I was suprised that Christian won, and with the Trish heel turn. Although I feel she was the only one who beneffited from the feud. Good match. 2nd best on what was a pretty average card.

Definitely against HBK. This is probably my third favorite match of all-time. They both were at the top of their game during this match and it showed. To me it is the best match of Jericho's career. It stole the show that night(even though the card had I think Rock vs. Austin but I'd have to check that)and I bought Wrestlemania 19 on DVD just for this match.

No doubt, Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho @ WrestleMania 19. IMO this is Jericho best match in the WWE, it is also one of my favourite matches, these too guys in a match is going to be an instant classic, they just have great chemistry. Hope to see another match between the too in the near future.

Yeah so, continuing the trend of the Shawn Michaels match. It's probably Jerichos best match, and one of Shawn's best. The build up to this was great, and at the end of the day, everyone was looking forward to it. Everyone cared about this match, and they delivered.

The match itself was great. They worked the crowd better than most, and it was the best match of the night. It wasn't your average predictable match, as both guys put a lot into it, and generally did everything they could to entertain the fans. The ending was good, but no matter who had won it, at the end no one cared as they both put on a great show.

For me Jericho's match against HBK was probably the match of the night, both of these men wwork great together, and seem to never fail to have a great match with anyone and when you have 2 people like that you know you are getting to get an amazing match. And the back story for it was great as well, both are good on the mic which made for some interesting tv leading up to this match. When Jericho said that he stop trying to be the next Shawn Michaels and focused on being the first Chris Jericho I marked out.

Although I thought my expectations were a little high but these 2 delievered a great match. They really told a story in this, and I have always thought Jericho as heel is pure gold anyway. And Jericho wrestling his hero added to the match as well, and when Jericho was going to shake hands with HBK but decided to give him a low blow that was a great moment.

Y2J vs HBK by far. I was at WM 19, and I was going like 'Holy shit, I thought this would be kind of a filler match to get us to the main event matches.' I expected like an 8 minute match, and got blown away.

Obviously HBK, it's still Jericho's best match to date and up there on HBK's list. I expected an average match with the good build up, they gave more and made a amazing match. Good chemistry between the two.

As for the others, haven't even seen many besides the MITB, HHH and Regal opener, all the rest were snoozers, and these weren't all the great neither, the Christian match was ok, loved the feud though, one with Regal was a short opener and one big meh. The Triple threat intrigues me as I don't think I've seen it, and if I did it must not have been anything special.

WM16- Two-Fall Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental and European Championships: Kurt Angle (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit
This match is so watchable, Even to this day. Angle was coming into his own, and it showed against these two great wrestlers. Jericho was close to perfect in this match.

WM17- Chris Jericho defeated William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship
This match was decent.

WM18- Triple H defeated Chris Jericho (w/Stephanie McMahon) to win the Undisputed WWF Championship
Trips was shown real rusty in this match, and Y2J had to pick up the pieces, and made this match great

WM19- Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho
This is and always will be classic. The person Y2J patterned his career after, and HBK doing what he always does at WM. This was a perfect match. The false endings, the chemistry. It was great

WM20- Christian defeated Chris Jericho
Not surprising this match was great. I wished trish wouldnt have been involved. But it was still great

WM21- Edge defeated Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian (w/Tyson Tomko) and Kane in the first Money in the Bank ladder match
This was the first and will always be the best

all of jericho's matches at mania have been good ones but in this case you gotta go with HBK at WM19. anyone who steps into the ring with HBK at mania usually comes out with a masterpiece in the end and thats what their match was.

i would have to go with his match against christian as the second best. it was a great match that most people probably dont remember. his match with regal was also good and it was the opening match for the best wrestlemania of all time as well

id say of all of them the one i enjoyed the least was HHH and Jericho. that entire fued was lame if you ask me and who even wanted to see that match after Hogan and Rock tore the house down anyway?

Well I say the best match was from Wrestlemania 2000. I loved the concept of the match, the build up to it, the match itself, and the follow through. It really made the audience know that these three wrestlers were going somewhere, and they sure did. Kurt Angle went on to be a great WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA Champion, Chris Benoit became a massive star after this Wrestlemania, and Chris Jericho went on to become the first Undisputed Champion. I loved how after one match, Kurt Angle had the unfortunate opportunity of losing both of his titles, the European and Intercontinental. And luckily for the other two wrestlers, he did. An excellent back and forth match, that opened up a pretty good Wrestlemania.

HBK Vs Y2j would be the best one. The match was thier best match they both have ever had at a wresltemania. The fued behind the match was solid, Lot's of false finishes and it was a suspensful Match. It realy Made Jericho what he is today, He went from taking after his role model to Making his own line in the sand. I hope the second version of this fued is just as good as the last.

I honestly think that there should only be one real option here. That is the Michaels vs. Jericho match at Wrestlemania 19. These guy work absurdly well with each other as evidenced by what is still going on today. They took a sopt on an overhyped PPV and fucking tore the house down. Psychology in this match was amazing. Then the finish was purely golden with Michaels getting knocked in the groin and falling down while hugging Jericho. Truly classic stuff.

Chris Jericho Vs HBK @ WM 19 was by far his best WrestleMania match. That match stole the show. I favoured it over Angle vs Lesnar, Austin vs The Rock and Hogan vs McMahon.

And it's great too see that still to this day Jericho and Michaels can pull off a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back