Jeff Hardy Returning

If this is true, I'm excited. I'm hardy mark so I'm happy to see him back in tna. Hardy is a proven marchendise seller and draw, tna won't cut him loose as easily as they did with matt. They might only impose compulsory drug tests before each show, a rehab or something like this.

I suppose we'll just have to wait to see if this is true. It might be but I'm not gonna be holding my breath. The Hardys are their own biggest marks and anything they say or post via the internet is highly suspect.

If Jeff Hardy were to make his return soon, I'm not at all surprised that TNA hasn't hyped it whatsoever. TNA often doesn't hype the return of big stars or big stars that debut with the company. They prefer the whole element of surprise schtick as if the return or debut of said star is something that's going to rock the wrestling world to its foundations.

As for Jeff Hardy himself, personally, I'm just over the guy. The bloom is long since off the rose and I just can't get myself excited over his potential return. The guy's an embarassment and is a pale shadow of what he once was. I'm not jumping on any pro-Hardy bandwagons until the guy shows that he's actually worth a crap anymore.

I'm down to see Jeff back as the Anti Christ of Impact we need some ladder matches or TLC matches in TNA or something

Oddly enough, it was right around this exact time last year when people were talking about how Jeff Hardy (or Mr. Anderson) could be the next great thing to take TNA to the next level. In that time, he had a mediocre title run which failed to raise the ratings, created several videos on YouTube which caused anyone who watched to question his sanity and sobriety, and then appeared on a live pay-per-view too inebriated to perform, yet tried to do it anyways.

I remember saying something a few months back about how so many of the angsties would forget all about the Victory Road incident and be cheering on Jeff like it never happened. The more times change, the more they stay the same.

We will see Jeff Hardy back again, sooner or later, for the simple fact that he has not yet been bled absolutely dry. He can still move some t-shirts. That amount of time is rapidly coming to a close, and TNA/IW assuredly wants to get any money out of Jeff that they can. As far as the wisdom of this goes? Once again, they will reap what they sow. They defied the conventional wisdom of not hiring someone facing felony drug charges, and were rewarded by the person being too drugged to perform on a pay-per-view.

People here seem to think Jeff can be "cured" by now, and addiction simply doesn't work like that. Any idiot, with the exception of heroin junkies in deep withdrawl, can go sober for a couple of months. The issue is with the habits and the associations of a lifetime that you have built up, and when Jeff goes back, he's going to find the same people with the same substances that were there before. I'm very big on the power of redemption; I believe that any man is capable of changing himself. I don't see anything that would lead me to indicate that Jeff has, and as is sound policy with any junkie, never trust one until they prove you wrong.

Personally I could care less about Jeff Hardy's return, this isn't the 1990's when he was good. My only stake in this is the great post I'll have for Jeff's next inevitable crash.

Well, first of all, you have to consider who wrote that tweet - Jeff Hardy isn't exactly a trustworthy source, chances are, he was as high as a kite
when he wrote that. But, if he is telling the truth and if he is back, TNA will have shot themselves in their foot. Again. The worse thing they can do is bring back a liability to their company, when they already seem to be struggling. I mean, look back to the World title match between Sting and Jeff. The uproar it caused was mental, the majority of wrestling fans that heard about it thought it was disgusting, and rightly so, people paid good money to see a live event to get that as their main event? And, lets be honest, if Matt is still pulling these types of stunts with the DWI etc. chances are Jeff is still lighting up and doing everything he was doing before. End of the day, neither of them care anymore.
So, if TNA have decided to bring Jeff back it's a slap in the face of the fans and the other wrestlers at the company, not to mention a idiotic move on their part.

Yeah people love Jeff Hardy though he draws the fans and gets the attention

I don't think Impact Wresting is the same without him

I see him as the Face of Impact Wrestling he's the John Cena of this company in my mind

Angle is good and so is Sting though this company needs Jeff Hardy in my mind and needs him to be champ

Jeff Harvy, Hardy, should be used as a stepping stone!! TNA needs to stop building everything around guys like hardy and angle and sting and guys who in 5 or 6 years wont be doing much. Use Jeff hardy to put over a young talent like Robert Roode, utilize AJ styles the posterchild of TNA. JEff hardy is great but will he be wrestling in even 4 years time?? maybe but dont hold your breathe on it. He can still be in main events but he can't be THE star of TNA he needs to HELP put OVER younger guys, guys you can invest in because they will be around for another 10 years or so

Humm i don't know what to think about this. Last i heard his court issues were not done, so i wasn't expecting to see him back in TNA this soon. The thing is that, Jeff Hardy is a first time offender so jail time is unlikely ( not impossible but unlikely). Jeff Hardy has been out of the public eye since the Victory Road debacle, who says he didn't go to rehab while he was gone? I don't know, but he has been gone this long and except for the youtube taser video we didn't hear about him until today. Is he sober? Who knows, maybe maybe not but still its the first time in a long while that we heard from him. If he returns, he could be face again.

Defiantly not interested in seeing Hardy back unless he is clean. He has lost most all appeal to me personally. Everyone has their own take on that though, It would be best to make sure he is all clear in the courts and goes through rehad before bringing him in. You can hardly work anything in story line wise for a guy who could end up in prison at any moment.

Just to clear things up..Jeff Hardy will NOT be on impact this thursday night as this thursday's impact has already been taped from orlando..He will however be in Huntsville this thursday for two sets of impact tapings that will air the following two weeks leading up to the ppv!

Jeff Harvy, Hardy, should be used as a stepping stone!! TNA needs to stop building everything around guys like hardy and angle and sting and guys who in 5 or 6 years wont be doing much. Use Jeff hardy to put over a young talent like Robert Roode, utilize AJ styles the posterchild of TNA. JEff hardy is great but will he be wrestling in even 4 years time?? maybe but dont hold your breathe on it. He can still be in main events but he can't be THE star of TNA he needs to HELP put OVER younger guys, guys you can invest in because they will be around for another 10 years or so

I don't understand why internet seem to think that Roode or AJ styles are something special. Wrestling is just a business for making money. Just go to shoptna.com and check their top seller list. Hardy sells marchendise for tna, even tough he hasn't been on tv for months now. This is jeff's value. TNA knows this and jeff knows this. Roode or AJ styles can put great matches, internet smarks can prize them to the havens but it just doesn't translate into money. Roode or AJ styles had years in tna to show any potential to draw money, but apparently they are not that grate as internet people think they are.

If I were TNA I would wait for his legal issues to be sorted out then after they are bring him back and turn him face. Use his real life troubles as the reason why he has seen the error of his ways and make him walk a path of retribution where he has to earn the trust back of the company, the locker room and the fans. Maybe even add a stipulation that he cannot challenge for the World Title until he has won the X-Division, Tag Team and TV Title...

Okay, yes it is a litte suspicious that Jeff is returning after Matt gets canned but I don't think Jeff is in on it. Yes, maybe TNA is trying to rub it in but why would they want to do that? For all we know they've been planning to bring back Jeff, finally set a date and then the thing with Matt happened. Who knows! I think it has more to do with ratings- maybe. I know I haven't watched TNA lately but now that Jeff's coming back I might have to tune in. Even when he was with Immortal it was fun to watch him. They're probably looking to get a bigger audience and have faith in Jeff being able to work. We'll just have to wait and see and follow the Hadry Boyz Tweets I guess

Impact wrestling needs Jeff Hardy he is the poster and the main attraction he's the money maker

I wouldn't go that far, they do have Angle, Styles and Sting before Jeff but I get what you mean. Jeff Hardy is an ex WWE and World Heavyweight Champion and he has a ring style and gimmick that attracts a younger a fresher audience... but bringing him back now is too early in my opinion and they should wait a little longer until his shit is sorted out.

TNA are in a situation now like WWE is in a way where they need to push new talent so there isn't any black holes created when guys like Jeff Hardy are forced to leave. It's the main reason TNA have pushed Crimson hard, they should be doing it with James Storm and Bobby Roode though in my honest opinion. TNA need to concentrate on filling that void or learning how to fill it when a major star of theirs is gone and then there wouldn't be a need to rush back Jeff Hardy...

I don't understand why internet seem to think that Roode or AJ styles are something special. Wrestling is just a business for making money. Just go to shoptna.com and check their top seller list. Hardy sells marchendise for tna, even tough he hasn't been on tv for months now. This is jeff's value. TNA knows this and jeff knows this. Roode or AJ styles can put great matches, internet smarks can prize them to the havens but it just doesn't translate into money. Roode or AJ styles had years in tna to show any potential to draw money, but apparently they are not that grate as internet people think they are.

Dude, these are the same people that complained that the NWO was too much of the focus in WCW. This is what i remember when i watched WCW. Before the NWO, the only credible faction was the 4 horsemen, other than that there was nothing worth watching. Maybe the NWO lasted a little too long, but considering their options the NWO was the only thing that made WCW watchable ( it did help WCW dominate WWE 84 weeks straight). Yeah Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc. were better but still if you watch on youtube NWO t-shirts are everywhere so...

Anyways, should Jeff Hardy be back? Maybe not this soon, but his merch sells so they want his back.

I just read the news (that Jeff Hardy tweeted) on WZ's news page! Sure enough, there's already a thread about it (with four pages of posts!!). I haven't read everyone's opinions here yet, but thought I'd post what I thought about this anyway. As usual, I apologize if anything I say here has already been said.

The first thing I thought when I read this was whether or not Jeff would actually appear on camera. My initial thought is that Jeff is just going to Florida to speak with TNA "officials" (Dixie Carter, or what-have-you). I imagine Jeff will hang out backstage while the taping is happening, at the very least. Like I said already, whether or not he comes out to the ring is another story completely.

My opinion on Jeff Hardy hasn't changed, since the Victory Road debacle. My personal opinion is that Jeff should STAY AWAY from TNA (and pro wrestling in general) until he gets his life in order. I'm not strictly speaking about his court situation, but that does play a big role in all of this.

Personally, I think Jeff should go to rehab. I mean, look...the guy was fucking high at Victory Road, and was wrestling Sting (one of Jeff's childhood heroes as well, if I'm not mistaken) for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Jeff being "unfit" to compete that night (or whatever you want to say) is a clear indication that the guy has a substance abuse problem. If what happened with Jeff at Victory Road is any indication of the depths of his personal "demons", then TNA should ask him to complete a substance abuse program before he returns to work. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

I imagine that Jeff will meet with TNA executives/bookers for a conversation about his triumphant return to TNA. I don't know that this is the greatest idea, as an active drug-abuser working for any wrestling company isn't the greatest idea in the first place. My hope is that TNA would suggest that Jeff completes at least a 30 day substance abuse program. My suggestion would be that Jeff goes to an expensive facility, similar to the one that Dr. Drew runs (on that "Celebrity Rehab" show). I think that program has to run for at least two weeks, but 30 days would probably be a better idea.

If Jeff is willing to go to rehab, then they can talk about him getting back in the ring right after Bound for Glory. That's the way that I would handle this situation, if I was running TNA. It wouldn't make sense (at least from a kayfabe POV) for Jeff to return right now. Just about every wrestler on the roster is busy with their own feuds right now, and to write Jeff into the current storylines would seem forced (at least to me). I think a MUCH better time for Jeff Hardy to return to TNA (as an active wrestler) would be soon after (or even at) Bound for Glory this October.

If TNA waited that long, not only would it leave enough time for Jeff to complete a substance abuse program -- but it would also leave enough time for TNA to write him a decent storyline. If Jeff were to show up at Bound for Glory, he could cost somebody a match or something (ie: Sting, Hogan, RVD, AJ Styles, etc). IMHO, this would be the perfect time for Jeff to return. A perfect scenario for Jeff's return is to cost Sting his match with Hogan (if TNA indeed does Hogan vs. Sting at BFG 2011, as it's rumored to happen). Sting was Jeff Hardy's last opponent in TNA, and getting him right back into a feud with The Stinger is the perfect way to bring Jeff back (at least IMHO).

If TNA wants to keep Jeff as a heel, have him go after Sting. If they want to make him a face, have Jeff attack Hogan/Immortal. IMHO, BFG is the perfect time for Jeff to return. There are a lot of possibilities if that's the route they choose to go. Jeff has a beef with Sting (kayfabe-wise), because of the last match Jeff had with him at Victory Road. Jeff also has a beef with Hogan, Bischoff and the rest of Immortal. TNA could make Jeff a heel or a face upon his return, it will be interesting to see which way they go with it.

Obviously Sting is going to be busy with Flair & Hogan (and possibly even Angle) for a while, so right now isn't the right time to bring Jeff back (IMHO). If they brought Jeff back now (before No Surrender), are we supposed to believe that Jeff Hardy doesn't want to confront Sting? Throwing Jeff Hardy in the middle of the Sting/Flair/Hogan situation right now might make the storylines too convoluted.

Then again, maybe throwing Jeff Hardy into this storyline might be perfect as well. Jeff could show up, and be Hogan's "muscle" to fight Sting. Jeff & Hogan used to be buddy-buddy (at least on camera), so this isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. I know it wouldn't make a lot of sense, since Hogan said something like "...Hardy's out, he couldn't hack it..." or words to that effect. But I could see TNA bringing Jeff back to help Hogan in this situation anyway. The flip side of this is that Jeff comes back and is on Sting's side of the feud. We could end up seeing a tag match of Sting and Jeff vs. Flair & Hogan eventually. Who knows? The possibilities are literally endless.

Like I stated before, I'd wait until BFG (at the earliest) for Jeff to make his return to TNA. I'd wait until Sting vs. Hogan is completely over, then let Jeff come back to feud with Sting (or Hogan/Immortal). Personally, I think this is the way to go. However, TNA might be so desperate for ratings that they bring him back before No Surrender (say in the next couple of weeks). I don't know, TNA has made poor choices in the past like this before. I hope that Jeff doesn't screw everything up again (by coming to work high), but I just can't say that he definitely won't. I'm hoping that he learned from his past mistakes, and is willing to stay clean for good, this time. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff is in the Impact Zone, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does NOT appear on camera (at least during the next TV taping). Again, my thought is that he's just going there to talk with TNA executives, and to visit "the boys". Hopefully we'll see Jeff Hardy on TNA television again soon, I just hope TNA waits until October (or at least No Surrender, at the earliest) to have Jeff return.

I've been posting this in almost every topic lately about jeff because people here seem to be like what Vince Mcmahon wants and have very short memories...or just don't know how to do research.

Sting on Jeff Hardy 4/9/11
"Jeff has been clean for the last month and he wants to come back and he’s ready to come back and I believe that he won’t make that mistake it again. But it did happen. I felt really bad. I felt bad for TNA, I felt bad for Jeff, I felt bad for the company. Jeff Hardy is an amazing wrestler. I have nothing bad to say about him, actually I love the kid. I wrestled Jeff at his best and I wrestled Jeff at his worst, and it’s night and day."

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/166615-sting-speaks-on-jeff-hardy-and-their-victory-road-match

Kurt Angle on Jeff Hardy:5/17/11
"Jeff has been clean for the last month and he wants to come back and he’s ready to come back and I believe that he won’t make that mistake it again. But it did happen. I felt really bad. I felt bad for TNA, I felt bad for Jeff, I felt bad for the company. Jeff Hardy is an amazing wrestler. I have nothing bad to say about him, actually I love the kid. I wrestled Jeff at his best and I wrestled Jeff at his worst, and it’s night and day."

Source:http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/167717-tnas-kurt-angle--hulk-hogan-speak-out-on-jeff-hardy

I dont see what either Sting or Angle would achieve from lying about Jeff.

I've been posting this in almost every topic lately about jeff because people here seem to be like what Vince Mcmahon wants and have very short memories...or just don't know how to do research.
Actually, Kurt's quote had nothing to do with Jeff Hardy being clean, you misquoted.
Kurt Angle said:
"I love Jeff Hardy as a wrestler and a man. He is talented and works harder than anyone. I hope he can turn it around and overcome obstacles. Jeff, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You always have a friend you can go to. God bless."
My memory isn't that short; it seems Kurt Angle was hoping Jeff could get over his problems. So you've got Sting saying that Jeff's been clean for a month, over four months ago. And as everyone who has ever known anyone who has suffered from chemical dependency, you only need to be sober for a month before you are absolutely cured and never want to abuse drugs again.

I'll take three decades of experience in dealing with people with chemical addictions over a paragraph from a professional wrestler vouching for one of his own. Never, ever trust a junkie until he gives you a reason to trust him.

And really, get off the "Vince McMahon wants" crap. TNA/IW is not some breathtaking, renegade promotion fighting the dull oppression of a monopolistic promoter, they're another professional wrestling company that wants the money in your wallet. As much as you imply it, no professional wrestling fan is better than any other based on what brand of wrestling he buys.

He could have gone to rehab. We don't know. There hasn't been any wrestler in WWE or TNA that was reported into rehab by a dirtsheet. So, let's not jump on that.

From what I was told, he has flying back and forth to see his daughter, wife and wrestle, other things as well. It overloaded on him and he ended up doing some sort of substance to keep him going.

He was given time off and sent home. Which is basically a vacation + Rehab which was what most of the employees of TNA said they were pushing on to him.

I'm not going to hold on unfortunate situation against him for the rest of his life like most people on this forum. I'm hoping he is healthy got his act together and will voice himself instead of going to drinking, drugs.

From what I was told, he has flying back and forth to see his daughter, wife and wrestle, other things as well. It overloaded on him and he ended up doing some sort of substance to keep him going.
If you believe that Jeff Hardy's substance problems were a one-time only event brought on by a sudden amount of stress, I have a bridge I would like to sell you. I've got the stress of trying to keep a consulting business in an emerging market above water while holding down a second job to pay for health insurance. I've yet to respond to this by shooting a spike of heroin before a client meeting. I know alcoholics who respond to stress by drinking; I know addicts who respond to stress by using. I haven't met anyone yet who was on the level until a tough day came by, he just snapped, and went out and got obliterated right before work.

If that history of addiction wasn't enough for you, Jeff Hardy had two wellness policy strikes against him when he left the WWE. I'm sure he was just responding to the stress of being on the road so much, however.
Dizzy said:
I'm not going to hold on unfortunate situation against him for the rest of his life like most people on this forum. I'm hoping he is healthy got his act together and will voice himself instead of going to drinking, drugs.
We know, because TNA/IW appears to be bringing back Jeff Hardy, and it would take an exhaustive forum search to find a single decision of TNA/IW's that you didn't support with full throated approval. Don't you worry about Jeff Hardy voicing himself, however. He won't have to, TNA/IW doesn't give him microphone time. ;)

From a purely unbiased view on his personal problems I think his return should be hyped somewhat (not blatant but just a few Hardy esque things popping up) and depending on whether he's going to be heel or face he should cost someone a match on PPV (preferably Bound For Glory) this gives him a nice return and storyline to go straight into.

Now taking into account his problems he should only return when he's clean and ready, TNA should give him a check up see if he's up to scratch and keep testing him every so often to make sure he's doing ok and only then should he return.

Actually, Kurt's quote had nothing to do with Jeff Hardy being clean, you misquoted.

My memory isn't that short; it seems Kurt Angle was hoping Jeff could get over his problems. So you've got Sting saying that Jeff's been clean for a month, over four months ago. And as everyone who has ever known anyone who has suffered from chemical dependency, you only need to be sober for a month before you are absolutely cured and never want to abuse drugs again.

I'll take three decades of experience in dealing with people with chemical addictions over a paragraph from a professional wrestler vouching for one of his own. Never, ever trust a junkie until he gives you a reason to trust him.

And really, get off the "Vince McMahon wants" crap. TNA/IW is not some breathtaking, renegade promotion fighting the dull oppression of a monopolistic promoter, they're another professional wrestling company that wants the money in your wallet. As much as you imply it, no professional wrestling fan is better than any other based on what brand of wrestling he buys.

You REALLY must be some moronic TNA/IW fanboy huh? I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT Vince and TNA...i was talking about some of TNAs moronic fans...thanks for proving my point though.

Miss quoted? learn to fucking read dude i copy an pasted the article from the main page. so like i stated above learn to read..

i also screwed up and put the wrong link.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/164813-kurt-angle-says-jeff-hardys-been-clean-for-a-month-more

So where exactly did i misquote?

You REALLY must be some moronic TNA/IW fanboy huh? I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT Vince and TNA...i was talking about some of TNAs moronic fans...thanks for proving my point though.
lancir said:
people here seem to be like what Vince Mcmahon wants and have very short memories...or just don't know how to do research.
The "Vince McMahon as a person who wants to turn wrestling fandom into unthinking idiots" is a popular leitmotif amongst the TNA/IW diehard crowd. When you repeat a popular comment like that in the TNA/IW section, you run the risk of being lumped in with that crowd.

I bet there are people on this board absolutely laughing their ass off at the idea of me as a TNA/IW fanboy. I'm one of them.
lancir said:
Miss quoted? learn to fucking read dude i copy an pasted the article from the main page. so like i stated above learn to read..

i also screwed up and put the wrong link.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/164813-kurt-angle-says-jeff-hardys-been-clean-for-a-month-more

So where exactly did i misquote?
Like you said, you screwed up and posted the wrong link, then quoted Kurt Angle as saying exactly what Sting had said. Grats on fixing it, but you didn't have to be such a bitch about it in the process.

You my be a jack of all trades. We talk ratings and money and that hs been your job for years. Now we talk addiction from drugs and alcohol and you also have years of experience. You must be the towns everything of WZ. Anyways if he is clean that's cool. If not get the Fuck out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back