I've fallen in love with my iPhone all over again

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
True, this is something which should have been available years ago, but iOS 5 has now delivered the ability to add custom text tones. I'm having a field day with my Rock Band microphone and the ability to add custom text tones.

My wife probably won't be happy though..."Alert! Alert! It's your wife!"

My Sony Ericsson had that about 5 years ago.

Steve Jobs ruined Lee's Christmas 12 years in a row. Word on the street is he threw a party when Jobs kicked it.

How do you feel about some of the top competitors for the iphone right now sly?

Actually, in India, a Govt program has built some cheap tablets named 'Akash tablet'. It is built with the aim of using it for educational purposes so it is cheaper for students (15 USD) and little more expensive for middle class people (30 USD). It has some limited features but very good deal for those who cant spend that much amount of money.

How do you feel about some of the top competitors for the iphone right now sly?
I love them. I thought the Samsung Infuse was absolutely gorgeous, and I'm greatly looking forward to go and demo a Galaxy S2 (just haven't had time yet). I'm AT&T, so those are the two that stand out. Plus, I'm looking forward to seeing the Nexus Prime, and seeing what Android Ice Cream Sandwich look like.

I've been VERY strongly considering going away from my iPhone because I've had it for years, and I'd like to have a change. But iOS 5 feels like a change, so I'm going to wait and see what ICS does and the phones that use it can do.

My iPhone is starting to slow down and doesn't hold its charge anywhere near as long as it used; although neither of these are really all that surprising considering it is just an iPhone 3G. Not really interested in splashing out big money to upgrade it though and my contract is not big enough to get me free upgrade.

I have the Samsung Fascinate/Galaxy S and have been plenty happy with it. Back when it first came out, CNet rated it better than the iPhone by 1/2 point. And they have apps for us to create custom text tones. :)

I've always stuck with Nokias and currently using the N8. Was nice to see that Dexter and the kid from Tron Legacy used it too :) Product placement can be pretty nice!

Sly, your thoughts on a Windows Phone? They look pretty slick.

I always thought they looked up hideous. Throw in the fact they were racking huge data charges overnight when the phone was calling home, and the fact the updates were bricking the devices, I haven't even bothered to waste time reading any more about them.

I always thought they looked up hideous. Throw in the fact they were racking huge data charges overnight when the phone was calling home, and the fact the updates were bricking the devices, I haven't even bothered to waste time reading any more about them.

Their new update "Mango" seems to have ironed put the previous problems. It looks like a future competitor perhaps ousting RIM in the smartphone market. I'm actually looking into buying one to replace my iPhone 4.

Their new update "Mango" seems to have ironed put the previous problems. It looks like a future competitor perhaps ousting RIM in the smartphone market. I'm actually looking into buying one to replace my iPhone 4.
Did they fix the hideous UI? Seriously, let's play which one doesn't belong.

winterboard-customize-iphone-11.jpg

03-15-10wp7devices.jpg

samsung-infuse-4g-17.jpg

Windows Phone...ugly as fuck. Go with Android if you're going to get rid of Apple. Go with Android for SOOO many reasons.

I have the Samsung Fascinate/Galaxy S and have been plenty happy with it. Back when it first came out, CNet rated it better than the iPhone by 1/2 point. And they have apps for us to create custom text tones. :)

The iphone's made from samsung parts. The galaxy S is a great phone though I just have the tocco lite, it fits my needs.

I fucking hate updating my iPhone software for all the reasons that have just happened to me. Sitting here, watching a green bar slowly, slowly, slowly fill up. Have lost a third of my apps. So much for all that time I sank into Infinity Blade. Wrists proving surprisingly difficult to pierce with this corkscrew.

Did they fix the hideous UI? Seriously, let's play which one doesn't belong.

winterboard-customize-iphone-11.jpg

03-15-10wp7devices.jpg

samsung-infuse-4g-17.jpg

Windows Phone...ugly as fuck. Go with Android if you're going to get rid of Apple. Go with Android for SOOO many reasons.

I see your point. :lmao:

It looks a bit childish and all but live tiles is a cool feature. I used to like Androids until I found out everyone has one and that annoys me.

I see your point. :lmao:

It looks a bit childish and all but live tiles is a cool feature. I used to like Androids until I found out everyone has one and that annoys me.

Yes, but how many of them will have Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich? Besides, where iPhone has the most good quality apps, and Android has the best customization and features side-loading apps like "Swype" (which is really cool, if your phone doesn't come with it), what does Windows Phone have? Internet Explorer? Just another reason to not use it.

And, let's face it. There's a reason most people don't get Windows phone.

Also, don't forget to mention that 85% of apps in the Android market are free while 85% of apps in the Apple Store you have to pay for.

Also, don't forget to mention that 85% of apps in the Android market are free while 85% of apps in the Apple Store you have to pay for.

I don't know if I'd go that far. The most common apps (Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, etc) are free on both platforms. After that, I find I have trouble finding quality free apps on both platforms. iPhone has that annoying "free now, but to actually accomplish anything you have to pay" system going on. Android might, I just haven't encountered it.

I do know iPhone doesn't have Swype. Which means I love my Nook Color flashed with CM7 an awful lot.

I don't know if I'd go that far. The most common apps (Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, etc) are free on both platforms. After that, I find I have trouble finding quality free apps on both platforms. iPhone has that annoying "free now, but to actually accomplish anything you have to pay" system going on. Android might, I just haven't encountered it.

I do know iPhone doesn't have Swype. Which means I love my Nook Color flashed with CM7 an awful lot.

Main apps? Sure.

But no one is satisfied with only main apps, these days. They want variety and the iPhone makes you pay for it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back