Is Roman Reigns spear better than Bill Goldbergs?

Who's spear is better

• Roman Reigns

• Bill Goldberg

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually think that Roman Reigns spear is better than Goldberg's.
I mean Golderg's spear is VERY powerful, but i think that Roman Reigns' is more quick and a bit more powerful
But that's just my opinion.

I like how Reigns has that "it could come outta nowhere" feel to it. However I gotta go Goldberg here. He had some real intensity when hitting the spear and I'd have to disagree that he didn't get a good pop when hitting it.

Go to 8:50 in this Video of when he beat Raven for the U.S. title, place goes nuts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVNscmCXHk

I'm gonna give my vote to the Berg. Gold, not Gill. But Reigns career is young, so I'm sure over the next few years he could force me to change my opinion. Also, just wanted to throw out an honorable mention to Edge, I always liked his spear considering he didn't have the size of Goldberg. The way he set it up with hopping up and down in the corner and telling his opponent to get up. Always loved it.

Really? You all are acting like a spear is like a bridging german suplex or something. It's just a spear for crying out loud. Big Show can do a spear. Most of it's intensity comes from how it's sold.

Really? You all are acting like a spear is like a bridging german suplex or something. It's just a spear for crying out loud. Big Show can do a spear. Most of it's intensity comes from how it's sold.
because it's all about quality.For the record Show or Batista's aren't spears to me.Show's is just a Cena shoulder block and Big Dave's is just a crossbody in my eyes.

I actually think Reign's has a far superior spear to Bill Goldberg or anyone else for that matter. Roman is very quick with the spear & can hit it out of nowhere. Also it looks so much more natural, fluid & smooth when Reigns hits the spear on someone. Not to mention he has the long hair to flip back after he hits the move & does his wolf howl to the moon taught that he likes to do just before The Shield hits the Triple Powerbomb. Goldbergs little jumping taught & the crazy "you're next" eye he would give after he hit the spear just looked stupid. & above all else, Roman Reigns actually uses the spear as a finishing move. Goldberg used it as more of a signature move or set-up for the Jackhammer, which always seemed weird & looked really stupid to me since the spear is much more devastating & the Jackhammer was a rather lame finisher that was basically just a delayed vertical suplex with torque & theatrics. So here is how I'd rank...

The Best Spear Ever
1.) Roman Reigns
2.) Goldberg
3.) Bobby Lashley

Honorable Mention:
The Gore - Rhyno

The Big Show just looks like a big dumb animal running into someone when he hits the spear. Batista's spear has always looked awful. I am a huge fan of Edge but unless he was spearing someone through a table or through the barricade or something like that, his spear was nothing special & looked like he was laying the guy down more than tackling him. Christian has one of (if not thee) worst spear ever. & Kaitlyn's spear only looked half-way decent when she hit it on AJ outside on the floor.

I have seen Goldberg's spear only a few times during my younger years, so I don't remember its intensity too well... Since everyone is saying it was the better/more powerful one, then it must be.
But Roman Reigns' spear is fantastic too. He is a tall, muscular guy in black attire, who's got the badass look, and the set-up to the Spear via the Superman punch and powering up with a loud grunt- all of that really add to the feeling.
It looks much better than the short spears done by Batista and Lashley, and is miles ahead of the running hug done by Edge and Kaitlyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back