Is Roman Reigns spear better than Bill Goldbergs?

Who's spear is better

• Roman Reigns

• Bill Goldberg

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrockTheBeast123

Dark Match Winner
I went back and did a comparison to Roman Reigns and Bill Goldberg's spear.They are the same but for me Reigns is more impressiver but Goldberg is more devestating.Reigns spear literally comes from outta nowhere as Goldbergs you know when it's coming.That makes this score 1-1 now.But Reigns gets a louder pop from it than Goldberg's.Now that makes it 2-1.But Goldberg's did way more stunts with his as well. That makes the score 2-2.But Reigns is put more heart into his and is not careless with it.This makes it 3-2.But Goldberg's spear on Christian ends the score.But now the score is 3-3.Now I'll let you settle the score and vote.Whoever has the most votes and comments for their spear will win at the end for greatest spear.This is not about Edge,Show,Batista,or Rhyno's (Gore) so leave them out and less you truly think Reigns and Goldberg's suck but you would have to be truly fucking stupid and not know a good spear when you see one.

This can't be a legitimate question? No, not it is not. Reigns' spear is better than most, but it ain't a patch on The 'Berg's.

I love all spears, its such a great move when executed properly.

Out of the 2 and I love them both, but Goldberg takes it.
His spear was a complete BULLDOZER of a move when Goldberg hit it. Sometimes you could just feel the pain hahahaha

This is a real question I guess, but it's not even close. Goldberg's spear was and still is the best ever. He definitely had the look and build that had spear/ physicality written all over him. Then it was so physical and painful looking. Nowadays these spears look like my little niece wouldn't feel them. WWE retire the move. To wack now.

there are times when roman reigns' spear looks awesome and devastating but looking back at goldbergs spear they were moments where I was like oh damn

There are 2 important parts to anyone performing the spear, hitting the right spot with proper timing and the guy who taking the hit to sell it.

Hitting the right spot was always Batista's weakness, he hits too high. Timing was Goldberg ' s weakness, hitting guys before they were ready either negating their ability to sell the impact or just outright injuring them. Why did Goldberg spear look devastating? Because it was.

Reigns' spear is good, but my vote still goes for other.

Reigns' spear is a good spear. Goldberg's spear is "Okay, I'ma cut you in half real quick."

Admittedly, Reigns is only going to get better and better with his execustion, which is saying something since he's already better than Edge and Batista. Rhyno's was good, when he hit it well.

Bur right now, Goldberg's still the best ever.

Well Reigns doesn't hurt people when he does his. Ask the ones who had to take Goldturd's and they will tell you. Goldturd's looked better but that is because Reigns gives a shit about the people he is in the ring with.

Goldberg hands friggin down. Reigns' spear is impressive and the 2nd best I've ever seen, but better than Goldberg's? No chance in hell.

Like many have already mentioned, when Goldberg hit a spear, he knocked the life out of his opponent, and his intensity before it, during it, and after it was off the charts. He was a lunatic! One of my all time favs.

Since we're on the topic, I've always thought Edge's spear was the softest looking thing I've ever seen and someone of his size should NOT be using the spear. It was pathetic in all honesty. He had some nerve using that and expecting me to believe he Ko'd guys much bigger than him. So laughable.

I picked Reigns since I know he trying hard not to hurt the person he's spearing, which imo is more important than not giving a crap and just trying to make it look good. I'm sure that if the WWE didn't care Reigns can make spears just as good as WCW Goldberg, but that's obviously not the case.

Like I remember when Goldberg finally showed up in the WWE and suddenly his spears didn't look as monstrous or devastating as they were before, and the answer to that was they simply weren't. Obviously WWE didn't want him doing those kinds of spears anymore out of safety concerns. Not to say that his WWE's spears were bad, they just pale in comparison to the ones he did in WCW that helped made him famous.

From a appearance standpoint no WWE spear will ever top WCW Goldberg's, and for very good reason. I know we all love those OMG moments where it looks like something legitimately hurts like hell but in the end I just want moves to look good, if they have to look less good just to make sure that both men come back to entertain me later then that's fine by me. So for Reigns to make his Spear look really good while still being safe makes his > Goldberg's for me.

Goldberg had the advantage of being an absolutely physco. Reigns is intimidating but Goldberg was intense and gave of the impression he wanted to kill you which is always good thing for a wrestler. Bill's spear on Christian is easily my favourite of all time.

Reigns could conceivably improve his spear. It's certainly better then Edge and Batista's.

Put it this way....

Personally, I think Reigns' Spear is more consistently well done than Goldberg's was.

However, when Goldberg delivered his Spear perfectly and correctly, his is much more devastating and better due to Goldberg being just a little more intense than Reigns,lMO.

Just my opinion on the matter.

I went back and did a comparison to Roman Reigns and Bill Goldberg's spear.They are the same but for me Reigns is more impressiver but Goldberg is more devestating.Reigns spear literally comes from outta nowhere as Goldbergs you know when it's coming.That makes this score 1-1 now.But Reigns gets a louder pop from it than Goldberg's.Now that makes it 2-1.But Goldberg's did way more stunts with his as well. That makes the score 2-2.But Reigns is put more heart into his and is not careless with it.This makes it 3-2.But Goldberg's spear on Christian ends the score.But now the score is 3-3.Now I'll let you settle the score and vote.Whoever has the most votes and comments for their spear will win at the end for greatest spear.This is not about Edge,Show,Batista,or Rhyno's (Gore) so leave them out and less you truly think Reigns and Goldberg's suck but you would have to be truly fucking stupid and not know a good spear when you see one.

I'll ignore the "impressiver" amigo, but I really don't think there's much a comparison. Goldberg had a more intense outlook and physic. His matches were short granted; but Reign's spear does not get a louder pop than Goldberg LOLOLOL. You gotta take in Goldberg in WCW and the pops he got. His popularity was equal to The Rock and SCSA in his peak. (I'm not lying, listen to the crowd during his match against Hogan) Reign's spear is pretty epic, I agree. But Goldberg made the spear famous.

Edge,Goldberg,Reigns.....all the spears are impressive.
The key to any spear is....how well it is sold by the guy getting hit with it!!

Anyone's everything is better than Bill Goldberg.
Dude was soooooo worthless. Never though anyone could be worse but then Bautista came along the pike. Gee whiz.

Goldberg's spear was devastating. When he did it, he'd drive the opponent into the mat. It was the perfect setup for the Jackhammer and I'd get excited every single time he hit the spear. That was some major impact and it looked like it hurt. I always thought Goldberg's gimmick was that of some gladiator and his spear was some kind of metaphor. lol...

Reigns' spear is good, because it comes from nowhere and is least expected. But, I don't think it has the same kind of impact as Goldberg's. It looks to be the same as Edge's, except it's performed by a bigger guy. I think the only other guy that comes close to Goldberg's spear is Rhyno and his Gore. So yeah, I pick Goldberg as the better executor of the spear.

They're similar but I'd say Goldberg. Goldberg's sphere look more powerful and like it hurts. Reign's sphere seems faster and not as much impact

Goldberg, not even close. When he did the move, it was a pure annihilator. My favorite spear of all time is the one he hit on Chavo Guerrero, Jr. in WCW.

Brock spearing Mark Henry into the barricade was actually sick. It was one of the best spears I've seen in recent times.

Nobody did it better than Goldberg...

Except Sting!
iDmVzd53GzL8O.gif

No, really it's Goldberg all the way. His always looked like it was legit and that the guy he hit with it was really knocked out. I've only seen Roman Reigns do it via highlights as I don't watch the modern product, but while he looks good, Goldberg's was better. I'd actually say Rhyno was second. Underrated.

I'd say the only competition to Goldberg's spear that I'm aware of is Rhino's.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7m0BgWwWs[/youtube]

So much impact - he pretty much has the ideal body type for it, amazing acceleration and power... and who doesn't love hearing GOREE GOOREEEEEE GOREEEEEEE~!!!!!

Goldberg deff.. He did the spear before the spear was cool.. When he did it with theatrics it was something different. Then Edge,Batista,Rhyno all started doing it.

Bobby Lashley and Goldberg's spears are my two favorites. They both have the look and delivered them very well. I would put Rhyno as a third because when hit right, it just looked devastating. So my pick would be Lashley, Goldberg, and then Rhyno. Reigns' spear at times jusy looks awful in my eyes. But he'll get better at it since he's been improving week in and week out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back