Is Jeff Hardy going The Scott Hall way...

Tors Hall Rule

Straight Hedge(HOG)
First off, I am really sad that I had to write this stuff.. Growing off Jeff was one of my favorite wrestlers.. And I am pretty sure that loads of kids 12-15, heck even a few adults might be exhilarated by The Charismatic Enigma.. He was once the biggest star of the largest company in the world and now he has fallen to such depths that he seems doomed..

Its like deja vu all over again.. Remember one such guy called Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon.. Arrived with a bang and was a huge star for few years till he faded away in drugs.. Now he might never had been a top dog but he was a solid performer whom the crowd loved.. Yet now the condition is that her wife's shouting out in the world, and the guy doesnt wanna live for his own kids..

Do you think that Jeff is going the same way?? Is he going to end up like Hall?? Will he be able to come back clean and somehow get back his rep again??

A personal message that I cant help but writing

"YOU ARE ONE THE MOST LOVED WRESTLERS IN THE WORLD.. KIDS IDOLIZE YOU AND WANT TO BECOME A DARE DEVIL LIKE YOU, BECOME A FREE SPIRIT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR LIFE LIKE THIS AS IT SADDENS THOSE LITTLE ANGELS IF THEIR HERO TURNS UP DEAD ONE MORNING BECAUSE OF A DRUG EXCESS.."

PS--> Velvet just keeps getting hotter and hotter... ;)

Agree with me, give me a HELL YEAH!!

Shawn Micheals had similiar problems and he's fine now. You can't really tell where Jeff's life is going. When people are in such bad situations it's 50-50. You'll either become a slave to your vices or break out of it. We'll only have to wait and see and I hope Jeff gets clean for good. He's got a newborn, a wife, a huge following as a wrestler, I hope he gets clean and comes back to TNA a new man.

Shawn Micheals had similiar problems and he's fine now. You can't really tell where Jeff's life is going. When people are in such bad situations it's 50-50. You'll either become a slave to your vices or break out of it. We'll only have to wait and see and I hope Jeff gets clean for good. He's got a newborn, a wife, a huge following as a wrestler, I hope he gets clean and comes back to TNA a new man.

Agreed, there is no way to tell right now how Jeff Hardy is going to turn out. He could go the way of Charlie Sheen or come back and be like CM Punk. Its always 50/50 and i hope he can stay clean and sober and come back to TNA.

Hard to say, because Hall's problems were exacerbated by the WCW situation that all but fed them. He was rarely disciplined for his abuses, which only allowed him to continue down the path he did.

Hardy has already sat for 60 days in WWE on two separate 30-day stints and has now been pulled from TNA's television due to his condition at Victory Road. He's also facing major legal issues stemming from his arrest which could force him into sobriety if he's forced to serve jail time at all.

As of this moment in time, I'd say no, he's not yet on the same path as Hall, but that all can change if he doesn't find the will to say no in the future, even if it's forced.

All I wanna say is AMEN!! Hope this is the last time he is gone and when he comes back, he comes back good... :)

To be honest, HBK's problems were nowhere near Hardy's. I'm stunned somebody would say that. HBK's problems were personality flaws, not addictions or vices.

And, as much as I'd love to agree with you, it's not 50-50. It's not even 60-40. Far more people go bad than good in such bad situations. But I do hope he gets his act together. Not so he can come back to TNA, I couldn't care less about that, but so he can be a good husband and father and a role model for other people who find themselves in similar situations.

I, like many of you, grew up watching the Charismatic Enigma flying off of ladders, stages, etc. I knew him as the rainbow haired warrior, and tried to imitate his stunts on my trampoline/mattress. However, as i got older, i realized that he (and all the other wrestlers) are human, and have problems just like us. Drugs, financial, family problems. Jeff's is drugs. It saddens me also to hear about him showing up high/drunk every other week. To see that he's "not fit to perform" for the company's biggest night of the year, against one of the company's most valuable stars! I know for a fact Jeff's a good guy. I've met him in person back in October when TNA came to my hometown. He was friendly, laid back (not high), and very sociable with the fans. He cares, I just hope he cares enough to stop doing the drugs for all the people (myself included) who care about him!

To be honest, HBK's problems were nowhere near Hardy's. I'm stunned somebody would say that. HBK's problems were personality flaws, not addictions or vices.

And, as much as I'd love to agree with you, it's not 50-50. It's not even 60-40. Far more people go bad than good in such bad situations. But I do hope he gets his act together. Not so he can come back to TNA, I couldn't care less about that, but so he can be a good husband and father and a role model for other people who find themselves in similar situations.
Actually HBK was hooked on drugs and alchohol while he was wrestling and the problems didn't stop for a couple of years after Wrestlemania 18. It's on one of his DVDs, I think Heartbreak and Triumph. He even showed up on RAW high one time, after '98, but then he found The Lord and dropped all that crap. Maybe Hardy needs an exorcist or something :laugh:

THE POWA OF CHRIST COMPELS YAH!
355c7c59d0da6b7c25ba76f8255d410f.jpg

THE POWA OF CHRIST COMPELS YAAAH!!!

... though he might claim he made Jesus Christ a mothafuckin' superstar.

Addiction's a horrible thing, I obviously don't know Jeff personally so don't know the ins and outs of his situation but it does worry me. What worries me even more is that folk like Matt seem to be doing nothing. Yet on the other hand I wouldn't want to assume he's doing nothing and if he is doing something behind the scenes and not publicizing it then well done to the man because that's the way it should be done. I hope Jeff gets clean. I grew up watching and loving Jeff. The last time I truly leapt out of my chair and celebrated something wrestling related was when Jeff won the World title in the WWE. I didn't even do that for Christian and I was stupidly pleased when he won the title.

To see him die or go down the Scott Hall path would be horrible for me. The one positive I take is that if we're not currently hearing about what Jeff's up to then he's at least keeping his head down and hopefully working on it. Whatever he's doing I wish him all the luck in the world.

Shawn Michaels was depressed, though he was indeed an alcoholic, but it was nowhere near as bad as the addiction of Jeff Hardy, as he was arrested on eight different charges.

Jeff Hardy has been dealing with this problem for so long, and it actually gotten to the point where he fucks up in his main event. This could very well be the next Scott Hall, because TNA is NOW just starting to help, when they should have been more strict in the first day he came.

Will he get clean? I hope so, but he's been doing drugs for more than ten years, and now, wrestling organizations have powerful restrictions. He's a talented wrestler, I enjoy watching him, but honestly, I see him taking Scott Hall's route, it's much closer to that than Shawn Michael's problem, which did not go beyond the limit where it interfered with his story lines and wrestling matches.

It's too early to say, though I can understand how some people are beginning to see him as the next Scott Hall. Jeff Hardy has had problems with drugs on and off for a decade, maybe longer for all we know. Hardy's drug problems and his refusal to attend rehab are what caused him to be fired from the WWE from the WWE just slightly more than 8 years ago. Over the past couple of years, with all that's happened to him, it's obvious that Hardy's problems with drugs have only gotten worse.

It could ultimately go either way for Hardy just like any other addict. On the surface, at least, it doesn't look good for Hardy. He's showed up to at least two ppv events intoxicated, Victory Road is one of the most embarassing moments in wrestling history, all while he's still got multiple felonies hanging over his head. The birth of his daughter doesn't seem to have provided him with enough inspiration as she was 4.5 months old when the Victory Road fiasco happened.

Hardy is still a young man, has financial security, is married to the woman he loves, has a beautiful daughter and, potentially, could still have a promising career ahead of him. To me, it sounds like he's got all the reasons in the world to get clean. During his last court appearance, I think his attorney informed the court that, for all intents and purposes, that Hardy was a drug addict and hoped a plea agreement could be worked out in which Hardy is in court enforced rehab. However, to my knowledge, Jeff Hardy himself hasn't come right out and said that he has drug problems. That's always supposed to be the first step and until Hardy takes that first step, it's kind of hard for me to be optimistic.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Nobody pays attention. Listen to Nash and Scott's ex-wife ( updates on Hall are on this website read them ). Halls problems are more mental than the drugs. Did drugs make Halls problems worse a little but not more than the mental. Hall was screwed up before he got into the business he had a fucked up childhood from everything we know about the Hardy's they had a good upbringing. Mental problems + Somas is Halls problems, Jeff gets high because he wants to he has the I Think I'm A Functional Addict syndrome. Halls problem is If I Get High All My Mental Problems Go Away Syndrome

Why would anyone give Jeff the ball to run with boggles my mind because if you can't trust a known addict to stay sober to stay out of the possibility of going to jail what makes you think he's going to stay sober to be a top guy in any company. AWA/WWE/WCW never made guys like Hall and Jake Roberts top dog because they knew how screwed up mentally those two were and the painkillers added on to that mental anguish

If Jeff dropped dead from an overdose I wouldn't shed a tear because he was given more chances than Hall,Roberts and Eddie and he's more talented then those guys that is what makes him pathetic.

The worse thing in the world is wasted talent -A Bronx Tale ( Too bad C didn't follow that advice in real life )

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Nobody pays attention. Listen to Nash and Scott's ex-wife ( updates on Hall are on this website read them ). Halls problems are more mental than the drugs. Did drugs make Halls problems worse a little but not more than the mental. Hall was screwed up before he got into the business he had a fucked up childhood from everything we know about the Hardy's they had a good upbringing. Mental problems + Somas is Halls problems, Jeff gets high because he wants to he has the I Think I'm A Functional Addict syndrome. Halls problem is If I Get High All My Mental Problems Go Away Syndrome

Why would anyone give Jeff the ball to run with boggles my mind because if you can't trust a known addict to stay sober to stay out of the possibility of going to jail what makes you think he's going to stay sober to be a top guy in any company. AWA/WWE/WCW never made guys like Hall and Jake Roberts top dog because they knew how screwed up mentally those two were and the painkillers added on to that mental anguish

If Jeff dropped dead from an overdose I wouldn't shed a tear because he was given more chances than Hall,Roberts and Eddie and he's more talented then those guys that is what makes him pathetic.

The worse thing in the world is wasted talent -A Bronx Tale ( Too bad C didn't follow that advice in real life )

Addiction is a mental problem. Physical addiction can be thrown off quite quickly it's the mental aspect that will haunt you for years. Plus there's more ways to be mentally unstable than to have a bad childhood. Do you know the ins and out of Hardys mental state? Didn't his mum die quite early in his life? I may be imagining that though.

Can't agree with you on Jeff especially if you think he's had more chances than Hall. Halls been doing this for years and still gets another bite of the cherry everytime.

Addiction is a mental problem. Physical addiction can be thrown off quite quickly it's the mental aspect that will haunt you for years. Plus there's more ways to be mentally unstable than to have a bad childhood. Do you know the ins and out of Hardys mental state? Didn't his mum die quite early in his life? I may be imagining that though.

Can't agree with you on Jeff especially if you think he's had more chances than Hall. Halls been doing this for years and still gets another bite of the cherry everytime.

Pretty sure their mom died before either of them was even 10, can't remember exactly though. but really can't say at this moment without knowing why he hasn't put in the effort to get himself clean. does he just not see what his drugs does to him? does he think it doesn't really affect his ability to function in everyday life? Is his addiction because he thinks he needs them to counter the affect that his wrestling style has had on his body?

it's impossible for him to clean up his addiction until he admits to himself which of these is the reason he keeps on. if he were to admit that he would have to make himself have the mental strength to see things the way they are instead of the way his clouded judgement makes things out to be. his family/close friends and especially thoughts of his daughter should help him with overcoming his addiction, but only if he will admit to himself/his circle why he chooses to stay addicted to the drugs.

Jeff Hardy is still young and could turn his life around before/if he reaches Hall's age. Of course no one knows what the future holds but in my opinion he definitely is headed down the same dark path as Hall. Hardy may even have the bigger problem of the two of them. There's no denying Hall has had his demons for most if not all of his career he's around 51 or 52 now. Hardy is around 33 0r 34 now and has had serious drug problems for at least 8 years that I know of.

It could have a lot to do with the internet and the dirt sheets being around a lot more this day and age. But back when Hall was Hardy's age I don't recall hearing as many horrible drugged out stories about him. As I have with Hardy I wouldn't be surprised if Hall was on drugs as young as Hardy was. It just wasn't as public as Hardy's problems were.

I'm not judging either man but at least Hall has tried to sober up and entered rehab in the past. I hate to say it but I don't have much hope for Hardy. I really hope he gets clean but if he hasn't yet I doubt he ever will. In the past he's been fired, he's currently facing prison and he just embarrassed himself his fans and TNA. Not to mention he has a wife and a young daughter that needs a father. If those things wont convince him to get help, what if anything will? If he doesn't turn his life around soon, he'll be just another wrestling tragedy.

Comparing the 2 at this point is too early. Hall has problems that have lead to his drug and drinking issues that people have told us about (Hall and his Ex wife). It also is something that he has not been able to conquer ( and I bleieve part of that blame goes to the industry and how it was in years past and hopefully not present) No one has said Hardy has those demons, but he has some. His brother, Matt, seems better them him at handling those (except the one vid I saw) if it is family related, but that doesn't really mean anything. Everyone handles things differently and this could be a Jeff thing that has nothing to do with family. Hopefully Jeff can get his life on track, expecialy since he has a kid now, but only time will tell. I just hope no one pushs him into the spotlight again until he is 100% mentally ready. I they do, it likely will lead him down the same dark path Hall has lead

The problem with trying to judge Hall's drug use from when he was Hardy's age is that the times were different then. Stuff like Cocaine use and the like was kind of looked at as the spot of the moment. The industry was more hard on trying to hide these things than they are now. Example; When Rick Flair was "The Man", they looked at him as a cool guy that likes to party, and that has nothing to do with what he does, or did, in the ring, but the man is an alcoholic. Was back then too, but he was Rick Flair, the Jet Flying, Limousine Riding, you know the rest. Jake Roberts and his drug problems weren't headline news even though quite a few people in the back knew about them. Eddie Guererro's drug problems weren't big news until his accident. Hell, back then it was taken for granted that all of the guys were using drugs and steroids, so it wasn't anywhere as talked about it as it is now.

Now, trying to argue if Shawn Micheal's problems are worse than Hardy's is also foolish. A substance abuse problem is a substance abuse problem, makes no difference who's is worse than who's. It's Professional Wrestling, an industry that one guy depends on another to make sure a match goes well and neither of them gets hurt. If you are under the influence, you are intoxicated, not on the top of your game and more prone to hurt someone or yourself.

Now, onto the whole thing with Hardy embarrassing himself and the like, yes, this happened. I do remember, however, Scott Hall being on Monday Nitro and being so drunk that Lex Luger kept pushing him down in a heap because he didn't want to wrestle him. Security was called and Eric Bischoff came out as well to try and get Hall out of the ring. The confrontation ended with Hall puking all over Bischoff on live television. Yes, it was not a major Pay Per View, but it was when WCW was kicking the Hell out of WWE in the ratings, meaning a ton of people saw it. This was the moment when WCW had to confirm that Hall had a problem. They ever tried to make it a storyline. At least that's not what happened with the whole Hardy thing. So what Hardy did at the PPV is not the first time this kind of thing has happened.

In the end, Hardy is the deciding factor here. Like it or not, fan or not, the guy has serious talent. He puts Butts in the seats and busts his ass in the ring. At the end of the day though, he is a human being that is not perfect. he needs to get clean because he has a family to take care of and that's it. He needs to take responsibility for what he is doing. Will He? I hope so. Will we see him in the ring at peak performance again? I also hope for that too, but that isn't why he should be clean. I can say this, I do not want to see Hardy end up like Scott Hall because whenever I see Scott, I want to shed a tear. It really is sad to see a man so gifted become what he has. I remember when he was young and had that "IT" factor you hear about now. Hall has fried his brain so badly anymore that he's just a shell of that man now. I hope we don't see another one go that way, be it Hardy or any other young man in any industry. It's just really sad in the end of it all. Scott Hall will now always be remembered for being the guy that could have been if not for his demons instead of the great athlete he once was. Hardy still has time to turn it around.

what about matt has not taken drugs(not that we know)jeff has problem with drugs etc.....okay guys lets give him a world title da dah come on give matt a frekin chance at stardom

Some posters here have already brought up great points about whether or not Scott Hall had a "harder life" (for lack of a better term) than Jeff Hardy. I personally think this is irrelevant, both seemed to have had personal problems during their lifetimes that were hard to deal with. I'm not saying that self-medicating with drugs or alcohol is a good solution for dealing with these life-problems, but trying to self-medicate could have been the catalyst that got one (or both) of them headed down the wrong path...or it could have been that they both just love to "party" (but the party never ended).

A lot of celebrities/artists of EVERY medium (music, acting, WRESTLING, etc) are a little bit "out-there". I think that both Jeff & Scott have been "tortured souls" over their lifetimes, and the drugs and/or alcohol help some of that pain that made their characters so easy to relate to, so unpredictable, and so exciting to watch. Unfortunately, it's a common tale. There have been so many great performers and artists that have "self-destructed" with substance abuse for that exact reason; it goes far beyond sports entertainment.

We don't really need to focus on why either one of them do what they do (or did what they did), all that matters is that both of their lives seem out-of-control and unmanageable. Both of them were able to pull off being functional addicts for a while, but the lifestyle caught up to them. Even if one (or both) of them are using because of mental issues, getting clean will definitely help them straighten out those mental problems. It definitely will do more good than bad.

Unfortunately, the statistics for addicts are not good. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think I remember seeing a while back that about 80% of all addicts that get clean eventually use again. I don't know if that 80% meant just one or two relapses (then the user gets clean again, hopefully for good), or if they go back to being a full-blown addict. Either way, those aren't great odds.

Just look at all the main-stream celebrities that can't seem to stay clean: Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Scott Weiland, & Courtney Love just to name a few off the top of my head. All of these examples are people who swore they were going to stay clean (forever) at one point or another, and all of them relapsed. There are success stories as well, but unfortunately there are a lot more failures.

Robert Downey Jr. is a good example of a success story, but it took him YEARS to overcome his problems and become successful again. Downey is a brilliant actor, who had a lot of success and absolutely ruined his reputation with drugs and alcohol. No one wanted to work with him for years, for the same reasons that Jeff & Scott are so hard to work with (unreliability and/or legal problems). I don't know if Downey is 100% sober these days, but at least he managed to turn a full 180 degrees for the better.

I don't even want to get into all the celebrities that have died because of overdoses/drunk driving/etc, just because of how depressing it is...but I'm sure you could come up with a few off the top of your head right now.

It's easy for someone who's never seen full-blown addiction to say "why can't they just stop using?"...it's really not that simple, and every addiction counselor will tell you that. It's not just a matter of willpower; addicts aren't able to stop using, no matter what the consequences may be.

I've heard stories about Parents who will literally lose their kids if they don't stop, and they literally shoot dope into their arm while saying "I don't want to do this! ...why am I doing this?". There are people that are warned that their liver will fail if they continue to drink, and they die with a bottle in their hand. It's depressing as hell, and addiction can be a very serious disease (fatal, in some cases).

For an addict, getting clean takes a lot of dedication and support. That's why there are so many AA & NA meetings all over the planet. Some people may scoff at these types of meetings, but they really help a lot of people get clean, and (more importantly) stay clean.

I really hope that Jeff's trial happens soon, because there's no way that he'll get off with just a slap on the wrist. Even if this is Jeff's first offense (which I think it is?), he'll most likely have to be on probation for at least six months (although a year would be better). At least one of his charges is a fucking FELONY, right? Intent to distribute, or something like that?...although I imagine it will be pleaded down to a misdemeanor, as long as this really is his first offense.

I don't think Jeff will go to jail, most courts know that substance-abuse counseling can help addicts/users more than jail will. Hopefully he'll at LEAST have to attend an out-patient substance abuse center - the kind of place where he goes for group therapy four or five days a week (for a couple of months), then goes for one-on-one therapy for another couple of months. I imagine he'll be court-ordered to be drug-screened once a week or so as well, as long as he's on probation.

If he tests positive for drugs or alcohol of any kind, he could be facing jail-time (for probation violation). Maybe jail could be the "rock-bottom" feeling that he actually needs to stay clean once and for all.

Obviously a 30 day stint (at least) at a in-patient facility would be better for someone in Jeff's position, I don't know why Jeff hasn't started treatment on his own yet. At the very least, it would show the judge that he's serious about his recovery. Doesn't the WWE even offer to pay for such treatment, for any ex-employee?

Maybe Jeff is staying clean, I hope he is. I just have a bad feeling that he's still using, since we haven't heard any news about whether or not he's started treatment. I understand he wouldn't want to leave his wife & child alone to go live at a recovery center for a month or more, but he's doing more harm to his family than good if he's using...even if he is there with them most of the time.

It's hard to stop using on your own, and his wife might use as well. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she and Jeff were using together, but I really have no idea if she's a user or not. If she is a user (again, I'm not saying she is), it would be next to impossible for him to quit while still living with her. If that is the case, it's an even better reason for both of them to go to separate in-patient facilities to clean up their acts. Better that they do this now, before their child gets too old and starts to realize what's really going on.

I hope that the main event at Victory Road, coupled with Jeff's legal situation will make him realize that it's time for him to cut the shit and stay clean. Unfortunately, you can't trust an addict. Actions speak louder than words, and addicts need to build that trust back over a long period of time - by staying true to their word.

I don't know if Jeff or Scott feel like they've hit rock-bottom or not, but both of them must know deep down that they have come DAMN close. I hope they both realize that there's not much further either of them can fall, but addicts love to keep testing their own limits. I really want Jeff to be one of those rare success stories, I don't want to see him fall as far as Scott has fallen. As long as neither of them are dead, there's still time for them to change for the better. Godspeed.

Here's the raw, ugly truth no one wants to confront in this thread. Jeff Hardy has a serious problem, and he doesn't seem to care about fixing it himself. Worse, like Scott Hall, there are plenty of people around him and in the wrestling world that will continue to enable him, right on into his hospital bed.

Addiction isn't anything someone can cure for you. It's not something you can go into a clinic, say "fix me!", then come out and be fixed. It requires a daily personal commitment to changing the person that you are and rejecting the person that you were. We haven't heard word one about what Jeff Hardy is doing for himself, and that's Step One for any public relations recovery from a substance related disaster. (Hi, Lindsey Lohan!)

Fans are already forgetting about his shamble to the ring just a couple of months ago; there was a Jeff Hardy comeback thread posted not too long ago where people (although definitely not universally) were already warming up to the idea. A year from now, Jeff Hardy's embarrassment with Sting will be largely forgotten, unless he manages to fuck up even bigger in the meantime. With fans ready to watch him, there's going to be a promoter ready to hire him. Scott Hall was working for TNA just last year, lest you forget.

Jeff Hardy has no financial motive to clean up his act; he'll get work, one way or another, because he's Jeff Hardy. The quality of the companies he works for is going to go downhill over time- you can only sell a drugged mess so many times on television- but so long as he can walk to a ring, someone will give him a job.

I don't like the long term outlook for Jeff Hardy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back