The Hypocrisy of Wrestling Fans Vol. 1: Scott Hall vs. Jeff Hardy

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
I've decided to start a little series on WZ in order to expose some hypocrisy in the IWC and more importantly to understand why it occurs. Why are certain people/actions loved while others of the exact same nature are hated? In this inaugural edition, I'm going to talk about one of the biggest examples of this concept out there, the love for Scott Hall vs. the hate for Jeff Hardy. Both men were key members of a specific decade (90's for Hall, 00's for Hardy) that revolutionized the business (Hall with the Ladder Match, Hardy with TLC) in their own unique ways. Both were extremely over with the fans and big moneymakers, and Hall can boast that he was a charter member of the biggest group in wrestling history, the NWO.

That all being said, Hall has had a plethora of drug problems. Alcohol and cocaine have led Hall down a spiral that has made him irrelevant for most of the 21st century, as well as a rehab patient 11 times. He's had trouble with the law, with the WWE, and recently he made an appearance on so many drugs that he wasn't worth a single cent of the money he was paid. Stephanie McMahon said on E:60 last week that they have spent well into 6 figures on Scott's rehab attempts, and nothing has seemed to work. With all of these problems that Scott has faced, whenever he is mentioned the only posts I see are "I hope he gets better" and "it's a shame to see this happen to such a great man" which demonstrates the love and admiration the fans have for Hall.

Hardy has had his fair share of drug problems as well. He is the only man in WWE history to have 4 wellness policy violations, (he got 2 the left, came back years later and got 2 more) and caused TNA to have a 90-second main event at Victory Road due to his problems. He recently just got out of jail after he was arrested in 2009 for having 100s of different painkillers in his house. He has never been to rehab, and refuses to do so for unknown reasons. Whenever he is mentioned, I see name-calling like "Meth Hardy", "That Druggie Hippie", "The Intoxicated Enigma", and many more comments that wish he would rot in jail and never work for a wrestling promotion again.

In the words of JR: Why damnit, tell me why!!!!! It's completely unfair to hate Hardy and defend Hall IMO, especially when Hall's problems have been much much worse. Hall deserted his family, was on suicide watch, takes 11 medications for his heart alone daily, and wears a pacemaker. Hardy is a drug user (which people on this forum probably are) who has gotten caught too many times and arrested once (one less time than Hall has). Is it because Hardy isn't as bad as Scott, so his story doesn't garner as much sympathy? IMO it's because Scott's from the 90's, which is when a lot of these posters (including myself) were either children or teenagers, so the nostalgia keeps Hall as a saint while Jeff Hardy seems pitiful now as we are in adulthood. IMO nostalgia isn't a reasonable excuse to pardon one mans actions, and I personally wish that both men get better and are able to live healthy lives. I'd love to see both men return to the WWE and maybe even wrestle some matches (if Hall's Hart can take it) or get involved in some angles. I want both men to succeed by why does the IWC only care about one?

Scott Hall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhP6TP-rspY&feature=related
vs.
Jeff Hardy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Jb4PGyfTw&feature=related

I did never understand the hate Hardy got/gets for his drug problems yet the majority of the same people would give Hall a free pass.

I can understand people not liking Hardy for his ring style or gimmick (fair enough, to each their own) but to slag someone off for their personal problems, but then show sympathy with someone with the same kind of problems is kinda wierd.

I guess nostalgia does have something to do with it for some posters, someone they loved watching as a kid being a wreck is probably more emotional for them than someone who's roughly the same age as them (give or take a few years)

Another thing I guess is Hardy has more of a chance to get rid of his addictions, where the likelihood of Hall doing it are slimmer than Hardy's. And some people may sympathise with Hall a bit more because he's in the worse postion overall.

Scott Hall appears to be a sad, troubled guy who wants to quit the drugs but can't. Jeff Hardy comes off like a guy who wants to shove his love for drug use in people's faces. He also talked mad shit about CM Punk being straight edge like a delusional asshole trying to defend his drug use.

It's not hypocrisy at all. Scott Hall is by all accounts a good guy while Hardy is a total douche bag hillbilly emo loser. Why would anyone like him?

Meth Hardy? Lmmfao. That made my day right there lol. And "Hall's Hart" lol who is that Owen?

Quit atributing opinions and perceptions to nostalgia.its true i loved the '90s and miss them but i kno they are over with and so does every other 23 yr old.

Jeff's issue might be that his substance abuse was too blatant at times.If he were a functioning addict people might be inclined to let it slide. I think if people see it slip into his profesional life thats proof to them hardy has lost ctrl of the situation. When hardy is cought with his hand in the cookie jar rather then admit the obvious he lashes iyt against those who are straight edge. He gives a one finger salute to thee guy that pays fifty bux to see him do his job in person or on ppv. Bein a user is one thing but bein an advocate as its most famous poster child anger people with the most libertarian of viewz.

As far as Hall is concerned in the AWA he worked w/o incident, inthe WWF it was hidden and him not going to the top was atributex to a crowded upper tier. In WCW it was hidden or incorperated into storylines creating confusion for his detractors. The finger waggers were legitimately not sure if it was kayfabe or not causing them not to rag on him as much. In WWE Vince was not going for it, in TNA he wwas so old expectations dropped off which iz common in many cases. TNA fans did not have as much of a stake in him as WWF fans did in Razor or WCW fans did in Hall. I also think his age makes us feel like we are disrespecting our elders and although selfish at times I Believe Hall likes wreztling. There is a perception that jeff doesnt and would rather get high or tour with his go no where band.. I think Hall would had done better with a WWE titke he hadnt earned then jeff did with the ones he hadnt earned. Well de-earned is tge word, or should be the word..

Scott Hall is yesterday's news. Jeff Hardy is today's news. That's all there is to it.

There is no "universal internet opinion". "Internet fans" don't all think alike, else we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You're upset that people are giving Jeff Hardy shit now, after what was a pretty big fuckup on his behalf. (Can you remember anything along the lines of Victory Road happening anywhere in recent memory? RVD's roadside bust is what comes to mind before that, and even that wasn't on PPV.) Give us another wrestler who is convicted on felony drug charges, posts several YouTube videos where he's clearly intoxicated, then screws up the main event of a PPV by being too intoxicated to wrestle, and people will talk less about Jeff Hardy.

Some of it's reflexive from the "attack TNA/IW at all costs" crowd, and the ardent defense of the "defend TNA/IW at all costs" crowd feeds right back into that, making it sound like a bigger deal than it really is. It's just something to talk about now, that's all.

Scott Hall appears to be a sad, troubled guy who wants to quit the drugs but can't. Jeff Hardy comes off like a guy who wants to shove his love for drug use in people's faces.

I can see the logic of this. Of course I have no specific knowledge of the personal lives of these guys, but reports through the years made me think Hall is a hopelessly addicted individual. Some people are predisposed to addiction, and it seems that Hall might be one of them. Maybe he had a choice at one time in his life, but that time is over.

Jeff Hardy, as far as I can see, left a lucrative deal with WWE to go to the rival company because he didn't like WWE interfering with his preferred lifestyle: drug use. I get the feeling he isn't a hopeless addict like Hall; he simply likes using drugs.

Not to excuse Hall, by the way. Scott may come off as a more sympathetic character, but at some point, all the help in the world isn't going to get a person out of trouble; they have to help themselves. But while Hall appears to be a pathetic individual, Hardy comes off as a contemptible creep who cares only about himself. My feeling is he doesn't have to engage in this illegal lifestyle; he simply wants to and no one is going to get in his way.

Personally, I don't claim to love Scott Hall and hate Jeff Hardy; I'm just addressing the OP's valid premise......that the wrestling community does seem to feel that way.

Dammit I need to start arriving earlier, I might as well just copypasta Rayne and Sally's posts here.

Personally speaking, I get sick of all the generalisations that seem to be the bases of so many threads these days, all too often I see assumptions made about some imaginary majority, if I had my way I'd preface every one with "Why does my perceived stereotype of the IWC..."

On an on topic note, I would really like for both men to sort their lives out, the wrestling industry certainly does not need any more tragedies.

Still, I won't deny in this instance that Jeff seems to get a lot more vitriol from the comments boxes than Scott. Hall is just that much more likeable, at least to me.

Also, I'm aware I may have slightly contradicted myself here. Just imagine my second statement isn't directed at this OP.

i think it's the secrecy you could have pre-iwc. if there wasn't a espn show on scott hall most people would still be in the dark about him.

oh and Hall is a junkie and knows it and i think Jeff still doesn't think he is.. but in 10 years when espn has a special on the decline of jeff hardy people will be wondering why HE didn't get as much press as whoever the junkie of 2021 is.

and Hall is the Bad Guy, cheeko (cue toothpick and screeching tires)

A wellness policy should only be in any sport to prevent steroid usage. To curtail cheating. Wrestling is a scripted sport. You guys are raggin on hardy because yiu cant sway him to do what you want. I maybe straight edge and i may disagree with his drug use but i'll defend tothe death his right to use them. If Jeff hardy could assure his obligation to the paying fan then he has done all that is needed. Jeff hardy has already shown IN THE RING that head head is in the gutter.

Rayne how are you going to turn this into a fan boy vs basher arguement? You cant hold it against TNA becausse we saw the same spectacle in WWE but TNA has not been as harsh raising questions of complicity. Any federation employing jeff hardy will deal with the downsides of jeff hardy. Its true WWE booted him but they brought him bk stronger too for no justifiable reason so they are on equal standing with the TNA brass.

P.S. Its chico not "cheeko" wtf..

Rayne how are you going to turn this into a fan boy vs basher arguement? You cant hold it against TNA becausse we saw the same spectacle in WWE but TNA has not been as harsh raising questions of complicity. Any federation employing jeff hardy will deal with the downsides of jeff hardy. Its true WWE booted him but they brought him bk stronger too for no justifiable reason so they are on equal standing with the TNA brass.
I didn't say one word about the WWE. I wasn't talking about the WWE. I don't know why people can't talk about anything TNA/IW does without bringing up the WWE. I don't care if TNA/IW and WWE are on an equal moral standing in your eyes. I don't see how the WWE's idea of moral responsibility should be guiding anyone's ethics, let alone their competition.

I'm not holding it against TNA/IW. I'm holding it against the people who use Jeff Hardy as a pawn for their own private internet battles. If there wasn't such rancor on both sides of the TNA/IW debate, Jeff Hardy would be a minor issue. But there are plenty of people here- hello, original poster- who merely use him as a talking point in a different battle. It's this group of people- each side calls the other the IWC- who are making the Jeff Hardy issue seem more important than it is.

One reason that Hall gets a better rep then Hardy is the drugs of choice they use.

Hall's drugs of choice are Alcohol which is a socially acceptable drug and Cocaine which has a semi glamorous image as a celebrity drug.

Hardy drugs of choice are meth and oxyconten both of which are seen as pretty much the trailer trash of the drug world.

But why isn't SCSA in this discussion. He has a documented history of alcohol abuse and spousal abuse stemming from that yet is treated like a deity in the wrestling world

Simple, Jeff Hardy is just not likeable in real life and comes off as a complete dick. Hall is extremely likeable.

Also, Hall would never lie, yet how many times has Jeff Hardy said he would get clean from now on and then few months later found out for being a drugged up little Meth Hardy?

I agree with the original post but let's not forget that just earlier this year Hall was scrutinized to the same extent at which Hardy is now. Once fans realized Hall was actually battling physical issues/was actually sick and not just drunk or high, everyone changed their tone. I agree that there is a lot of hypocrisy among wrestling fans (not just the ones who go on forums like this; so I'm not gonna say just IWC); I actually just posted a topic about wrestlers and drug use presenting my take on the entire thing. But on this specific subject, I agree with the poster; it's bullshit.

One reason that Hall gets a better rep then Hardy is the drugs of choice they use.

Hall's drugs of choice are Alcohol which is a socially acceptable drug and Cocaine which has a semi glamorous image as a celebrity drug.

Hardy drugs of choice are meth and oxyconten both of which are seen as pretty much the trailer trash of the drug world.

But why isn't SCSA in this discussion. He has a documented history of alcohol abuse and spousal abuse stemming from that yet is treated like a deity in the wrestling world

Where did they find meth? the report released said Jeff had "about 262 doses of Vicodin, 180 Soma prescription pills, 55 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and drug paraphernalia." This is what the original poster was talking about; everyone's blowing Hardy's situation out of proportion just trying to make him seem worse than he is. He had no meth, no oxycontin, no crack, and no heroin. He obviously didn't have too much nor anything super strong cuz he only spent ten days in jail. If you take some folks word for it, he had enough to run a dopehouse, and that's just not true.

Where did they find meth? the report released said Jeff had "about 262 doses of Vicodin, 180 Soma prescription pills, 55 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine, and drug paraphernalia." This is what the original poster was talking about; everyone's blowing Hardy's situation out of proportion just trying to make him seem worse than he is. He had no meth, no oxycontin, no crack, and no heroin. He obviously didn't have too much nor anything super strong cuz he only spent ten days in jail. If you take some folks word for it, he had enough to run a dopehouse, and that's just not true.
God damnit, THIS is what I was worried about with Jeff Hardy. Because he didn't take this to some ridiculously extreme maximum, people are condoning his actions because he could have done something worse. In North Carolina, ten days is a pot possession sentence. The length of Jeff Hardy's sentence tells me nothing beyond the fact that he could afford to hire a good lawyer; I draw no inference of his degree of guilt from the length of his sentence. However, he had a months' worth of Vicodin, three months' worth of Soma (sleep aid, banned by just about every organization that bans certain drugs, including the WWE which he had just left), and injectable steroids. But this is no big deal, because he didn't have crack or heroin. Great. Love the message.

God damnit, THIS is what I was worried about with Jeff Hardy. Because he didn't take this to some ridiculously extreme maximum, people are condoning his actions because he could have done something worse. In North Carolina, ten days is a pot possession sentence. The length of Jeff Hardy's sentence tells me nothing beyond the fact that he could afford to hire a good lawyer; I draw no inference of his degree of guilt from the length of his sentence. However, he had a months' worth of Vicodin, three months' worth of Soma (sleep aid, banned by just about every organization that bans certain drugs, including the WWE which he had just left), and injectable steroids. But this is no big deal, because he didn't have crack or heroin. Great. Love the message.

I condone his actions bc he had all that shit for himself; he can do whatever he wants to with his own body (I don't hear anybody crying when he jumps off sets and ladders from 20-40ft up; but when he does drugs he's suddenly "killing himself?" Therein lies the hypocrisy). I brought up crack and meth and all those hard drugs bc when he was arrested, ppl were accusing him of being a meth and crack addict when there was absolutely NONE of those things there. And I never said the guy shouldn't have gone to jail, I'm just not gonna judge him. I don't care whether he feels guilty or not; he served the time that was given to him. I think it's pretty damn petty to wish negativity on another person for something they do to their own body; so I don't do that. If I condemn him for poisoning his own body with drugs, I'd have to condemn him for being a professional wrestler (which is/can be just as harmful as doing drugs) and as a fan, I'd be full of shit to do that.

What exactly do you want from the guy? You want him to feel guilty? You want him to go to jail for years or something? What exactly do you want? If it WERE a big deal, he'd still be in jail; obviously it wasn't, according to the state of North Carolina....

What exactly do you want from the guy? You want him to feel guilty? You want him to go to jail for years or something? What exactly do you want? If it WERE a big deal, he'd still be in jail; obviously it wasn't, according to the state of North Carolina....
I don't want anything from Jeff Hardy. What I want is people on this board to stop acting like possession of a large quantity of painkillers and steroids isn't really a big deal.

You need to check your understanding of "obviously", because you're working from the assumption that every time someone does something, they get an appropriate legal punishment from the courts. What actually happens in about 90% of cases (I say about- I'm not sure on the exact figure although I am pretty sure it is actually above 90%) is called a "plea down". The court arraigns the defendant on charges brought by the prosecution which they have little chance to prove, but are intended to scare the defendant into agreeing to something less severe. The defendant says "I didn't do it", leading to months of court postponements while details are negotiated outside of the courtroom.

In the real world, the prosecution doesn't always get to send a guilty party to the maximum possible punishment. Sometimes, someone's guilt is obvious, but proving that beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law in front of a jury of one's peers would be difficult or impossible, leading to a guilty plea on far lesser charges.

So, no, it is not "obviously". Words have an exact meaning, and it is far from obvious that everyone who commits a crime gets the maximum possible sentence for the maximum possible charge.

It's not a big deal to posters on this board because Jeff Hardy can continue wrestling, which is all many people here give a shit about. Keep putting quarters up his butt and watching him spit out entertainment!

I don't want anything from Jeff Hardy. What I want is people on this board to stop acting like possession of a large quantity of painkillers and steroids isn't really a big deal.

You need to check your understanding of "obviously", because you're working from the assumption that every time someone does something, they get an appropriate legal punishment from the courts. What actually happens in about 90% of cases (I say about- I'm not sure on the exact figure although I am pretty sure it is actually above 90%) is called a "plea down". The court arraigns the defendant on charges brought by the prosecution which they have little chance to prove, but are intended to scare the defendant into agreeing to something less severe. The defendant says "I didn't do it", leading to months of court postponements while details are negotiated outside of the courtroom.

In the real world, the prosecution doesn't always get to send a guilty party to the maximum possible punishment. Sometimes, someone's guilt is obvious, but proving that beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law in front of a jury of one's peers would be difficult or impossible, leading to a guilty plea on far lesser charges.

So, no, it is not "obviously". Words have an exact meaning, and it is far from obvious that everyone who commits a crime gets the maximum possible sentence for the maximum possible charge.

It's not a big deal to posters on this board because Jeff Hardy can continue wrestling, which is all many people here give a shit about. Keep putting quarters up his butt and watching him spit out entertainment!

what the hell are you even talking about? You're bitching about the legal system? Okay; cry all you want, and have your stupid opinion. I have my own stupid opinion as well. I'm not gonna whine about something I can do absolutely NOTHING about, nor am I gonna be upset that Jeff Hardy didn't have the book thrown at him. And it IS OBVIOUSLY, you idiot. He went to trail, they gave him ten days in jail. You're bitching about it being a big deal; you don't get just ten days in jail for a big deal, bro. I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're upset about or who you're mad at. I'm guessing you're mad at me bc I don't think having a bunch of drugs is a big deal; sorry, I just don't. The court obviously felt the same way in this instance, so you can go fuck off. Stage a protest or something as soon as you figure out who you're mad at.

And yeah; all I care about here (ON THE WRESTLING FORUM) is wrestling; I'm not a fan of any wrestler's personal life, I don't know any wrestlers personally, and therefore I don't like to judge them on a personal level. Jeff Hardy can do what ever the fuck he wants to do in his personal life; that's why it's his PERSONAL life. I like wrestlers for what they do in the ring. DMX can smoke all the crack he wants; so long as he makes rowdy ass music, it's none of my fucking business what he does. I'm a fan of the man's music, that's it.

what the hell are you even talking about? You're bitching about the legal system? Okay; cry all you want, and have your stupid opinion. I have my own stupid opinion as well. I'm not gonna whine about something I can do absolutely NOTHING about, nor am I gonna be upset that Jeff Hardy didn't have the book thrown at him. And it IS OBVIOUSLY, you idiot. He went to trail, they gave him ten days in jail. You're bitching about it being a big deal; you don't get just ten days in jail for a big deal, bro. I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're upset about or who you're mad at. I'm guessing you're mad at me bc I don't think having a bunch of drugs is a big deal; sorry, I just don't. The court obviously felt the same way in this instance, so you can go fuck off. Stage a protest or something as soon as you figure out who you're mad at.
I know exactly who I'm mad at, tough guy. It's people like yourself, who are so divorced from their own moral compass that they think it's more important that Jeff Hardy is able to perform as a professional wrestler then it is for him to be a decent human being. Yes, this is a wrestling forum! You're absolutely right on that! But I don't stop being a thinking human being when I come here so I can just talk about wrestling; I come here as a thinking human being who also talks about wrestling. I am mad at you, because it is people with your attitude that is making this planet a shittier place to live on, because you are more concerned with being entertained than being a good man.

As far as the OBVIOUSLY OMG bit goes, tagging on "you idiot" and repeating your argument doesn't make it any less wrong. I do find it cute that you still believe in a world where everyone gets an even and appropriate punishment in response to the charges they are convicted of. I hope I'm around for when your naivety gets shattered.

Can I DO anything about it? Of course not. I can't go throw Jeff Hardy in prison myself. But I don't have to hang my head like a dog and accept things that I believe to be wrong because of it. I can make my opinion known that I don't approve, state my arguments for doing that, and if what people tell me is true, I'm pretty good at being convincing that way.
tough guy said:
And yeah; all I care about here (ON THE WRESTLING FORUM) is wrestling; I'm not a fan of any wrestler's personal life, I don't know any wrestlers personally, and therefore I don't like to judge them on a personal level. Jeff Hardy can do what ever the fuck he wants to do in his personal life; that's why it's his PERSONAL life. I like wrestlers for what they do in the ring. DMX can smoke all the crack he wants; so long as he makes rowdy ass music, it's none of my fucking business what he does. I'm a fan of the man's music, that's it.
I absolutely believe Jeff Hardy should be able to do all of the drugs he wants, hell, I've done almost all of those on his list, although pills were never really my thing. DMX should be able to smoke all the crack he wants. But that doesn't mean I have to accept their art independent of the people who made it. I believe that living up to a standard that other people could aspire to in their own lives is far, far more important than if someone can make a crowd go "oooh" as they fall on their back from the air.

I want both men to succeed by why does the IWC only care about one?

I think what it comes down to is that Hall is more skilled in the ring and on the mic, while Hardy is only good for insane spots in the ring and is just terrible in promo quality. They are quicker to post hateful things about someone who they think sucks. I don't hate either one though. I'm a fan of both guys. I want Hardy to succeed just as Hall did back in the day. I strongly dislike some of the choices they have made, but unlike most people I don't hate Jeff while talking about how great Scott was. People make mistakes. That being said, I have posted negatively about Jeff Hardy before mainly because of disappointment that he would make such bad decisions while in the middle of the push of a lifetime. I still wish him the best and want to see him succeed as a wrestler.

Someone listed age as a reason to be more "respectful" of Hall, what is he 10 years older than Hardy - I don't understand the hypocrisy myself, Hall was an average to above average performer who's biggest claim to fame was sharing the ring with one of the greatest performers of all time and not getting embarrassed (HBK/Ladder Match), he also stood next to Kevin Nash & Hulk Hogan as their sidekick in the NWO.

Hardy delivered some great individual matches but has never been able to stay clean ong enough to have a really good, lengthy run. If he is more talented than Hall (debatable) he certainly hasn't taken advantage of the countless opportunities he had to show it.

I don't sing either ones praises. Yes, it's a tough business, very physical, lots of touring, somehow Taker & HHH have survived without being druggies, same with Hogan. Flair certainly drank and partied but you could count on one hand the number of matches he missed in his heyday, all due to serious injuries (he wrestled with cracked vertebrae, a broken ankle, and had his teeth knocked out in a match). HBK had his share of drug problems but stil managed a better track record of in ring performance and dependablity than either of these two, plus he apparantly gave up drugs and alcohol, rejuvanating his career and repairing his image and legacy in the process. Sorry, these two guys dont rate

Where can I find footage of Hall on espn?
And he was not a sidekick in the NWO or Outsiders.. I think he and Hardy have equal star power..
I didn't say one word about the WWE. I wasn't talking about the WWE. I don't know why people can't
talk about anything TNA/IW does without bringing up the WWE. I don't care if TNA/IW and WWE are on an equal moral standing in your eyes. I don't see how the WWE's idea of moral responsibility should be guiding anyone's ethics, let alone their competition.

I'm not holding it against TNA/IW. I'm holding it against the people who use Jeff Hardy as a pawn for their own private internet battles. If there wasn't such rancor on both sides of the TNA/IW debate, Jeff Hardy would be a minor issue. But there are plenty of people here- hello, original poster- who merely use him as a talking point in a different battle. It's this group of people- each side calls the other the IWC- who are making the Jeff Hardy issue seem more important than it is.
When youbrought up attacks on TNA you pretty much by default accused me of being some WWE secret agent. My point was anyone choosing to do business with him should take the good with the bad..

As far as the ten days are concerned, I am sure Hardy will get the LINDSAY LOHAN treatment whenever its possible. I doubt a bad lawyer could change that routine or a worser charge.Jeff Hardy might get a way different sentence then some joe schmo or R Truth and Mark Henry.. He has enough pills for distribution charges. The system, its not about what you do but who you are..

I haven't read anything but the main post... so forgive me if some things have been said repeatedly.

Scott Hall and Jeff Hardy, both of them have obvious Drug Addictions in wrestling history... as do a lot of old school veterans. Jake Roberts is one of those veterans. But even still, society in general has this habit of wanting to forgive one person while bashing the other for doing the same thing. And generally, what it normally comes down to is what happens after they've come forth with their problems.

In Scott's case, there have been plenty of articles released about how Scott was trying his best to step away from all of the drugs, alcohol, and sex. However, the more he continued to wrestle and travel, the more he began to neglect his family in a way and get more addicted to the drugs. Documented wise, there's proof that Scott TRIES to get off the stuff but ultimately there's something pulling him back in... and honestly at this point in time it's a cycle that's going to repeat itself. I've got plenty of family and friends who are addicts of some kind, some who want to stop desperately, but they're so dependent on the drugs that they just can't. Hell it even happens with just plain cigarettes at times. And if you don't believe any of that... go ahead and watch any of Shawn Michaels' recent documentaries or even interviews where he talks about the addiction he had. It's not the easiest thing to kick... ever.

In Jeff Hardy's case, the people for years have known his problem and for the longest time they've pleaded for him AND Matt to get Jeff the help he needed. Jeff refused to do so. In the eyes of the fans, that was a slap in the face because they weren't wanting to see their idol ruined by the drugs that they know cause problems. Sure at points, it could be the fact that he too is dependent on the drugs but even still he's not exactly accepting it or wanting to get over it. Although at this moment, it does seem like he's willing to pay the price for his actions and his storyline alone makes it seem like he seriously wants to quit. If any of this is true, I don't know... but I do know that if it is true in anyway, then I completely want him to get better. I know that as a fan of wrestling in general, Jeff can be the most exciting part of a show... and I've been to a lot of shows to be able to develop such an opinion.

Again, I haven't read anyone else's bit but that's how I view the subject matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back