Scott Hall to WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
WrestleZone.com said:
Former WWF Intercontinental Champion Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall has been in a drug treatment facility in Atlanta, Georgia for seven weeks and is said to be embracing rehab fully for the first time in his life. Hall was given an intervention of sorts by family & friends and agreed without a struggle to accept World Wrestling Entertainment's offer to pay for rehab treatment. Hall had been out of circulation for so long that WWE wasn't able to get him his merchandise royalties, so along with the company paying for his treatment, he received a nice check for back royalties as well. After his stint in rehab comes to a close, Hall plans on resuming his wrestling career as he is already accepting dates from indy promoters for the summer. Hall is staying at the same rehab facility Jake Roberts and Ron Simmons are situated at. Friend Sean "X-Pac" Waltman is also in a treatment facility on WWE's dime, although he's staying in Houston, Texas.

Now maybe it's just me, but does it seem as though the WWE is trying to turn Scott Hall's life around and bring him back into the fold of things?

The WWE has been shelling out alot of rehab deals lately, but for them to go so far as to track down back royalities for Scott Hall's merchandise and give him that check in rehab, that says alot to me. That says they've got serious interest in the guy, and possibly think he could benefit the company.

I for one would love to see a clean, fit, and responsible Scott Hall return to WWE. But only under the circumstances that he is clean, in shape, and isn't no-showing dates. Granted he's getting up there in age, but at the very least he'd have to be better then Kevin Nash is in TNA right now.

This is probably just a pipe dream in my head; but what do you guys think? Am I reading too deeply into this?

Well it's pretty obvious tna is a thing of the past for him, so i'd say why not? He's still a name that people would remember and he could be a decent draw for a couple of months. If he's in shape and is even 75% (which is probably a huge stretch) of his old self he's still valuable if nothing else due to his expericence. If he's legitimately cleaned up, what better person could there be to show the effects of drugs to the locker room?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see Scott Hall in a wrestling ring again unless it's to accept an invite to the Hall of Fame, other then that, he needs to retire gracefully. Plus, I wouldn't read too much into the WWE Rehab thing, this is simply a bullshit cover over a big problem with the WWE. The WWE has been getting shit on for not helping out their former stars, they are simply shelling out for rehab to cover their own asses.

I hope Scott Hall cleans up, and this time for good, but history doesn't lie. If you put any responsibility on him, he'll usually fold like a shitty hand of poker. If he wants to take on a Legends role, I'll be happy, but no more old men in the ring.

I do hope Scott Hall gets clean again and stays away from whatever he has been doing. He has always been one of my Favorite guys in Wrestling as Razor Ramon and in the nWo. So I would not rule out one more run in the WWE if he can stay clean. He would be a perfect person to teach the younger guys to stay away from drugs.

I think if scott has any chance of comming back to wwe he had better get back into wrestiling shape. The dude was awsome in wwe as razor and as himself, But really thoes days are long gone.
He's been a favorite of mine for a long time but his fan base from fucking over tna has slowely dwindled(sp). He should stick with smaller promotions for a while and hone his skills. Then pop back in wwe. Personally I woulden't mind seing wwe do sort of a kliq tag team with trips or shawn, I don't Really see that happining tho.

Now maybe it's just me, but does it seem as though the WWE is trying to turn Scott Hall's life around and bring him back into the fold of things?

The WWE has been shelling out alot of rehab deals lately, but for them to go so far as to track down back royalities for Scott Hall's merchandise and give him that check in rehab, that says alot to me. That says they've got serious interest in the guy, and possibly think he could benefit the company.

I for one would love to see a clean, fit, and responsible Scott Hall return to WWE. But only under the circumstances that he is clean, in shape, and isn't no-showing dates. Granted he's getting up there in age, but at the very least he'd have to be better then Kevin Nash is in TNA right now.

This is probably just a pipe dream in my head; but what do you guys think? Am I reading too deeply into this?

I agree that you are reading too much into this. WWE is going out of their way to make up for past drug related screwups, and Scott Hall is as big of a drug/alcohol related screwup they have ever had. The royalties thing is no big deal either. They are his, and they owe them to him. The fact that he pulled a disappearing act and that they are now paying them while he is in WWE sponsored rehab are mere coincidence.

However, being the huge Scott Hall fan that I amm I would love to see a clean, sober, and fit "Bad Guy" make one more run in the WWE. I'd especially like to see what he could do in a program with HHH, as he is the only Cliq member never to work with Hunter once he got to Main Event status.

Like previous posts, WWE Are only trying to make themselves look good, well better, by paying for the rehab. But if you think about it if they are paying for the rehab isn't that accepting the blame for these wrestlers actions? Either way I think Scott hall will never be in the WWE even if he was clean and sober he had to many chance in different organizations to be taken seriously now. I hope he gets better but his wrestling career I believe is over.

Personally, I'd love to see it happen. As has been said before, Scott has tried to reform before, and has failed. But it would seem he's pushing himself harder, taking it more seriously this time around. And if he does finally get the monkey off of his back, then his return could be huge. He could be at the best he's been in a decade, going in and whipping ass all over again. I mean, how cool would it be to have Jericho defending the IC title against someone at... well, by the time Hall's fixed up and ready, let's call it SummerSlam, maybe against Hardy, Jericho takes the win, and just as he begins to celebrate, the old school music hits, and out walks The Bad Guy himself, Razor Ramon, strutting down to the ring, slides in, shakes Y2J's hand, then as soon as Jericho turns his back, wham, Razor attacks. One Razor's Edge later, and the greatest WWE return in history is complete. That is an ideal situation, no doubt about it. So yeah, Hall making his return, although unlikely, would be fantastic, especially if he returned as Razor.

I'd love to see Scott Hall return as Razor Ramon. I loved that gimmick, I miss that gimmick. But the fact is, if he returned do you think he could ever use it again? Because everyone will see and know him as Scott Hall now. And furthermore, thats who he really is. So why wouldn't he want to be known as himself.

I'd love to see another Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon match. But the fact is, I'd love to see a lot of people from the past return. Like Sean Waltman, and thats obviously never going to happen. I can see W.W.E. giving Scott Hall ONE last chance.. but I'm not sure if it'll ever come of anything.

I was never a huge hall fan, even though that's my last name too. Still though after what he's been through, I'd love to see it as well. Maybe a feud with Carlito over how to talk with that accent? He could be a decent asset to the company. A throwback to the old days, good on the mic, decent comedy, still probably pretty good in the ring. Also if he's cleaned up, a decent role model about what can happen if you get addicted to something. I hope he's turned himself around and is clean for good. I wouldn't mind one last time seeing the bad guy.

I doubt WWE are going to give Scott Hall another run in WWE. They are simply paying for his rehab, as the deal is that any former WWE employees get the same offer, so why not? It's great that they are helping him with his personal problems and I'm happy to see Scott embracing it and getting his act together, but seeing Scott in a WWE ring again is not very likely. (not that I wouldn't want to see it, as I am a big fan)

Really I think WZ is trying to portray this story in a light to make us think Hall may have the possibility of coming back, although I really doubt he will. The only thing I could see happening is a one time appearance to whoop someones ass, maybe Carlito talking shit about how he is the most successfull guy to ever come thru the WWE with an accent in a argument with Santino or some shit. The Hall comes out, fully decked in Razor gear, and whoope both of them, just for a fun nostalgic moment. I think this is the fullest extent of what we will see of Hall in the WWE. I would say id love to see him back, but I cant becuase im not sure how bad his skills and abilities may have deteriorated by now, and I dont want to see one of my favorite wrestlers from childhood embarassing himself like Flair does. A clean, still nearly full skilled Razor ramon?? HELL YEA id be down with that. But there is very little chance of that, and therefore is probably very little more than a short appearance in store, at the MOST.

I would love to see Scott Hall return to the WWE. I think it would be cool to see him return not as Scott Hall but as "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramone. I think that would be pretty cool. Even if he is old and isnt anywhere near as good in the ring as he once was he could still be a decent draw. Hell if Jim Duggan can still be employed by the WWE then why cant Scott Hall?

i would NOT like to see Scott Hall return. I honestly think his time has passed and he should step away from wrestling in general. He needs to concentrate on getting his life together and staying away from the booze. I did like Hall as Razor Ramon, but that was 12 years ago.

I think Hall is finished. He burned too many bridges in the industry, and he looks terrible. I cannot see the point of him trying to put it all back together in WWE, unless in a managerial/office job.

Besides, Vince had a chance for some good stuff when he brought back the NWO, but we all know how that turned out.

I agree that Hall should just retire and worry about getting his life back on the rails.

And, teaching the guys about drugs won't happen. People will not stop taking drugs because they see how messed up another guy is. They stop taking it because they get scared over chest pains or something, or they just decide on their own to improve their state of living.

I was a huge Scott Hall/NWO mark, and I certainly respect what he has accomplished in the wrestling business, however IMHO, he is finished, at least for now.

Who knows what the future holds?

I don't really think he should be back in the WWE. I was a fan of him, don't get me wrong. He had some good matches, and the Razor Ramon gimmick was a classic; I really enjoyed it.

But at the same time, is it just me who thinks his days in wrestling should be over? Does he want to be known as one of those people that just cannot leave? I think he'll always be known in wrestling, so why not keep it for something we'll remember positively?

Everything regarding drugs, I don't really think it's something that should be focused on, that really defies the object of positively thinking of him. And if the WWE used drugs as a reason to being him back, what sort of message would it send out?

I am not really a Scott Hall fan. I really thought though that he was a great factor of the NWO back in the day. I think its funny how he never got out of the Razor gimmick with the accent and all. But I would not like it very much if he came back to the WWE. I just think he is washed up no matter if he gets his self together or not.

Rosie Posie Rock-n-Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back