Intl. Region, Houston Subregion, First Round: (10) Daniel Bryan vs. (23) Bully Ray

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Daniel Bryan

• Bully Ray

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

toyota-center.jpg

daniel-bryan-1_0.jpg

#10. Daniel Bryan

Vs.

bully-ray-120.jpg

#23. Bully Ray

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Daniel Bryan in his prime can command the attention of an entire sold out arena to chant "YES." Bully Ray in his prime can't even sell out the Impact Zone in Orlando. Daniel Bryan wins this one easily.

The person who started the YES movement vs the man who once powerbombed an elderly woman through a table and helped start a biker gang that didn't have any bikes in it.

Vote Bryan. Yes.

People are being a little hard on Ray here. The guy has actually been really good since debuting this single's character, with some nice matches and some incredibly good promos. And he's still the guy who was half of one of the(if not the) most decorated tag teams in history.

But ultimately a couple reigns with the TNA title don't equal out to a pair of reigns with the WWE title, no matter how short. And nothing else Bully's done stacks up enough to challenge Bryan right now with the height of his current star.

Also high profile losses to much smaller guys like Aries, Styles, and Sabin during his solo run do not help Bully's cause against Bryan.

Bryan's upcoming double victory, title reclamation, "yes movement" Mania moment over three men with a combined 31 world titles will be needed to help push him through any further rounds in this tournament, but it's not needed yet here. Good timing.

Daniel Bryan beat John Cena and Randy Orton clean and to my knowledge neither one of them has a victory over him. If they do please point it out to me because i don't remember. That said those two things are probably more memorable than most of if not all of Bully Ray's career.

Winner- Bryan with a knee to Bully's head

I don't imagine Bryan will need my help, but I'm going to give it here anyway. Bryan is sufficiently good in all of the different disciplines to be a world champion, but what he's done is tapped into some strong charisma to bring the crowd investment into him. Bubba Ray is a great talker on the mic, but leaves a lot to be desired in the ring. I'd argue that the prime of both men is right now. One is still on TNA treading water, the other is becoming the focus of WWE television in the week leading into Mania. Bryan is the clear winner.

Bully just has not had enough singles success to go over Bryan- even if you remove the recent "Yes! Movement". He was a more successful singles competitor than Bully Ray has been. Without the success of 3D he really has nothing of note to counteract Bryan's main event stuff. All the tag titles & broken tables mean nothing against a man who has turned the WWE crowd into a riot waiting to happen. When has anyone cared so much about Bully Ray that their entire #1 PPV is in jeapordy unless the company puts him in the main event?

Never is the answer. Bryan is the winner.

Bryan imo just has had more singles success. Bully's singles heel run was great, and he impressed me more than I thought he ever would. It is just not enough to win this match. Bryan and his character are tailor made for a tournament like this, and he moves to the second round.

Daniel Bryan in his prime can command the attention of an entire sold out arena to chant "YES." Bully Ray in his prime can't even sell out the Impact Zone in Orlando. Daniel Bryan wins this one easily.

Well, there isn't much more to say, isn't it? While D Bry's prime is probably yet to come, he is one the hottest things on wrestling right now. I mean the man has basically started a movement!

Bully deserves at least one vote and here's why:

He was a top champion for more than a couple of days. In kayfabe, Bryan (with meddling or not) was just not able to get the job done AND hold on to the belt.

Can I use Bryan's performance at WM30 winning the title by beating Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista all in one night even though it hasn't happened yet? I think I can. It will be a reality by round two so why not? Besides just the fact that he's in that position right now is enough to get him over Bubba.

Gotta say that I'm incredibly surprised by the lopsided-ness of this match. Not because I disagree, Daniel is better, but I thought for sure that the TNA gang would be pledging their support for Bully.

Bryan has clean wins over Cena and Orton. No way Bully goes over here.

I gave my vote to Bully, but entirely understand voting for Bryan. The man is on the cusp of something unique and brilliant, but simply for the being on the cusp against what Bully has completed made me go against him. He got some desperate heat in TNA, won the title, nearly brought me to tears in a promo. While I enjoy being a hypocrite (especially here in the WZT) I felt like voting for D-Bry (with whom I am enamoured) would be voting on potential, no matter how near confirmed it is.

Popularity on his scale alone could take it though, and should, and has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back