Who Wins This Matchup?

• The Rock

• Rick Martel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

toyota-center.jpg

The-Rock-Dumbbells.jpg

#2. The Rock

Vs.

rick_martel_1.jpg

#31. Rick Martel

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

There are only a few wrestlers in this tournament that I would say have a chance of taking down The People's Champion- wrestlers of the Austin/Hogan/Cena level....unfortunately for Rick Martel, he isn't one of those guys.

Yes, Martel achieved a decent level of success, being a former AWA World Champion but he never amounted above mid-card level in the WWE, and in this match is up against arguably the most charismatic man ever to step into a ring, a man who has done it all in the wrestling business and beaten everyone from Triple H to John Cena to Hulk Hogan to The Undertaker.

Rocky would simply be too good for "The Model" in this one, and he is likely to go far in this tournament

Nothing more than a warm up match for The Rock really. I was a fan of Martel, but Rock is just miles ahead of him in every way. The Rock cruises to round two.

Rick Martel played his role well, and had quite a long and decent run in WWF and elsewhere. However solid he was though, he was not in the same league as the Rock, somebody who is in the discussion for biggest wrestler ever.

This would be a good match but in the end the Rock is just better than Martel in ever possible way.

Winner- *Yawn* The rock after a Rock bottom.

Rick Martel's stock seems to fall a little further every year. I think he deserves more credit for his AWA title reign. Even though it was toward the end of the AWA's existence the company was still pretty good in the mid 80s and hadn't fallen too far yet while Martel was champ. Whether he deserves more credit or not it doesn't really matter. He's up against the Rock and even if he got all the credit he deserved it still wouldn't be enough to put him over one of the most successful and famous wrestlers of all time. Easy first round win for The Rock.

Well this should be a no-brainer. If anyone really needs a reason to vote then just look at this:

tumblr_mlrhs4lnFa1soy2w4o1_400.gif

Rick Martel has never done anything as cool as that. My vote goes to The Rock.

Well this should be a no-brainer. If anyone really needs a reason to vote then just look at this:

tumblr_mlrhs4lnFa1soy2w4o1_400.gif

Rick Martel has never done anything as cool as that. My vote goes to The Rock.

Finally we agree. However for the sake of keeping shit real, I see your cool moment and raise you this.

[YOUTUBE]qy3Gt7rEGKM[/YOUTUBE]

The Rock just said fuck you and your stupid little sit up Taker.

No one does that to Taker. Except Rocky. He could do it twice to Martel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back