Intl. Region, Houston Subregion, Second Round: (2) The Rock vs. (18)Antonino Rocca

Who Wins This Matchup?

• The Rock

• Antonino Rocca

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

toyota-center.jpg

The-Rock-Dumbbells.jpg

#2. The Rock

Vs.

antonino_rocca.jpg

#18. Antonino Rocca

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I don't know much about Rocca. From what I've read about him, he's a trail blazer who brought wrestling back the forefront of Madison Square Garden. So he obviously drew houses and was even depicted as beating Superman in the comic books. Not too bad.

Rock, on the other hand, carved his own path as a bonafide worldwide action star, who is known as one of the best wrestlers in the Attitude Era. Rocky also draws huge money, too. Between his numbers in wrestling and his nearly BILLION dollar box office numbers, this should be a win for The People's Champion.

Even in an actual match, I could see Rock beating Rocca.

Rocca was hugely popular and drew enormous crowds to MSG, but I think its fair to say he was a territory wrestler. Rock is a genuine global star, and ignoring his exploits outside of the ring, he has consistently proven himself to be incredibly popular with the wrestling audience, in a way that Rocca was able to achieve only regionally. Rock wins here.

Rock is just too big of a star everywhere to not vote for him here. Rocca was great, but he did not accomplish what the Rock did. Have to vote The Rock into the next round.

Rocca was a big star back in his day, but The Rock has trancended wrestling and become a global megastar, the type wrestling has only ever seen with Hulk Hogan (and Rock's film career shits all over Hulk's). Rocky was a phenomenon and one of the most charismatic performers of all time, as well as being incredibly smooth in the ring.

His success speaks for itself, and his resume is almost unmatched.

Vote for the Brahma Bull.

Rocca may have transcended wrestling a little way back when but not at the level The Rock has. The Rock may be the most famous name in wrestling history besides Hulk Hogan. The real old guys usually get deserved respect in the first round but it's hard to put someone you never saw over one of the best ever from your generation. Rock wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back