Internet Gripes Regarding The Shield

Shield is transitioning, not declining.

When they debuted, the whole idea was they were an unstoppable unit. They couldn't lose a match and beat ever team of superstars thrown at them for about eight months. To say they were incredibly over is an understatement.

Then they won championships and things changed. They all have gold now and because they were on fire like they were for all those months, the belts are now enhanced. Yeah they lost a six man tag, but all three were champions when it happened. The focus of the Shield is now on the belts and the people as individuals, not the unit as a whole. This had to happen eventually because you can only be a three man unit for so long. Shield isn't in decline. They're evolving.

I'm not sure I can buy into all this
There's something about this point that's amiss
That the Shield are transitioning, I'll buy
But in return, they're becoming "just guys"
Having the titles slots them on the card
Now being the main focus is quite hard
Look at Wade Barrett, now fighting the Miz
We've seen his career sputter and fizz.
Becoming a champ slots you on the show.
That's not always good; look at Cesaro.
Transitioning? Yes, that's perfectly fine
But in trasition, they've hit a decline

That the Shield are transitioning, I'll buy
But in return, they're becoming "just guys"
Having the titles slots them on the card
Now being the main focus is quite hard
Look at Wade Barrett, now fighting the Miz
We've seen his career sputter and fizz.
Becoming a champ slots you on the show.
That's not always good; look at Cesaro.
Transitioning? Yes, that's perfectly fine
But in trasition, they've hit a decline

I wouldn't say that. The titles are now enhanced because of them, meaning bigger names are going to go after them. Ambrose vs. Christian is slotted in for Summerslam and that's a bigger match than the US Title has had in months. The tag belts aren't going to be great no matter what's going o but the matches are going to be solid. These current titles are stepping stones for the Shield. It'll work in the long run.

Dr.Zeus said:
FINALLY... The Zeus has come BACK to WRESTLEZOOOOONE!

FreezeIszGAWD said:
DID NOT LOSE FOR
8 MONTHS.... Now U guys are the same ones
dissing "SUPER CENA" yet U want the rookies to
go undefeated for years.... WTF?
This guy gets it. Some fans will just never the fuck be pleased.

These guys are STILL on fire, dammit! And they're only 27, 28 years old! Give it a fucking rest, dammit! They have ages to improve and to build on their legacy. All they need to do is to stay away from roids and weed and pray that the injury fairy stays away and they'll be huge names for the future.

The honeymoon phase is over and if the Shield loses all of their steam it's their fault and nobody else's. You can't keep everybody on undefeated streaks forever. Freeze mentioned Goldberg, but what about Crimson or Kozlov? When their streaks ended, so did they. If there's no doubt in the mind of the fan whether or not a certain wrestler will win, it gets "BOOOORING" and lose interest.

Look at Ryback. I'm still one of his biggest detractors in here, but what I have to give him is how he stayed relevant after his streak ended. He turned heel (although credit here goes to creative), but he's still relevant long after his streak ended.

Personally, I'd keep them as a tag-team for another year or so, with the Freebird rule. Not as perennial champs, but with a few title wins nonetheless. I think they pulled the trigger on Ambrose a little early, but he's still the US champ! That's more than most of the midcard can say right now. It's still a push, dammit! If the Shield just keep patient and can stop the fans from slitting their wrists, they'll have bright futures.

I think it is just an awkward month or so where there was no clear direction and easy booking. The first 7 months flew by; attacking from the crowd and winning 6 man tags. It became predictable. The random 6 man tags were just pointless by the start of June. The titles helped keep some momentum but there will still struggling.

On the road to SummerSlam we will see the return of part-timers: Lesnar, Taker, HHH and at a stretch The Rock. This will open up the roster and allow the Shield to have more meaningful and exciting feuds/matches. Also, if Dean Ambrose wins the WHC MITB than there is a good chance he will become world champ. That will really keep The Shield interesting.

Also, if Dean Ambrose wins the WHC MITB than there is a good chance he will become world champ. That will really keep The Shield interesting.

I'm all for that. True, I have a problem with the Push In A Briefcase since it's an instant-gratification push, but since the Shield's leit motif is to attack from anywhere at anytime, the Push In A Briefcase would be a great tool in that since. Hell, if the rest of the Shield helps issue a critical beatdown THEN Ambrose cashes in, we have more sympathy toward our babyface. If the champion is a tweener coming off of being a heel for a few years *coughDOLPHZIGGLERcough*, it could help build that tweener into a more sympathetic babyface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back