IMPACT Wrestling LD for 08.04.11

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Encroaching on Hardcore Justice
IMPACT WRESTLING
Live Discussion for 08/04/11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e429cc2ec1647fc3f8b76b4dcb488752_L.jpg

a.jpg

World Champion Sting and Kurt Angle sign the contract for their World Title Match
on Sunday, August 7 at "Hardcore Justice"

Plus THREE important "Bound For Glory Series" matches take place:

c.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV at 9/8c

Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

[YOUTUBE]M2R99vXUDOg[/YOUTUBE]

475direct3.jpg

The road to the August 8th "Hardcore Justice" event continues!

c51186f7f6186766248f18bbb5eb8d45_L.jpg

Gunner vs Crimson would make a great BFG midcard match.

Really? Two very boring, generic guys with an equally average wrestling ability in a match/angle together? I'm alright, thanks. I'm sure TNA could find better, more flattering opponents for the two of them.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to Joe possibly getting some points on the board tonight.

I get the feeling someone's going through the contact signing table toniight it always happens! I hope crimson and gunner have a match instead of slapping each other to test their mutual intensity. Tonight's show looks good so far.

I'm dying to know what a Trent Baretta is.

Someone with more talent than both combined, though taking Baretta who gets no TV time (on Raw or Smackdown mind you), and comparing him to two guys getting major pushes without so much as a hint as to who they are other than "intense guy 1 and 2" is silly on your part. If you want to compare them, take someone who would be somewhere at their level in terms of exposure like Alex Riley who is new and getting pushed. Go ahead, compare Riley to either of those guys. I'm looking forward to this.

Just to clear any ambiguity up, Superstars isn't "D-rate". It has some really good wrestling, truth be told. Blows Impact Wrestling out of the water many a week.

Yeah, you're right. I'd much rather watch David Otunga try to find a personality every week than watch Kurt Angle.

You'd have to be fuckin' insane to want to see anyone in TNA over Chris Masters!

So anyway... back to TNA...

Pope/Joe match has me most intrigued. Both have 0 points in the BFG series at the moment, and I'd imagine Joe is going to lose again.

Yeah, you're right. I'd much rather watch David Otunga try to find a personality every week than watch Kurt Angle.

So you're comparing the two extremes. The worst of Superstars against the best of TNA. I say "best", I personally hate Kurt Angle's personality at the moment. Boring beyond words.

You'd have to be fuckin' insane to want to see anyone in TNA over Chris Masters!

I'd rather watch Chris Masters over a whole heap of people in TNA. Crimson, Gunner, Devon, Eric Young, Abyss, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff to name but a few.

Why don't people watch it?

It's not promoted well and doesn't have storylines. It doesn't have big names, either.

It's not promoted well and doesn't have storylines. It doesn't have big names, either.

So to paraphrase, it is plotless and populated entirely by nobodies. Sounds like D level programming to me.

So to paraphrase, it is plotless and populated entirely by nobodies. Sounds like D level programming to me.

Plotless? Yes. Bad thing? No, because the wrestling is of a sufficient quality for that to not matter.

Who cares if the wrestlers who frequently appear are not that well known? Does that make them any less talented? I don't think so.

It may be D-level in terms of prominence with in the WWE system. But in terms of quality, it isn't D-level.

Anyway, TNA, huh? I'm personally looking forward to Sting tonight. He's got a good character going. I also find myself intrigued by where the AJ/Daniels thing is heading.

Superstars is still quite good wrestling wise Gelgarin and you should watch it(It produced one of the best 6 man tags I've seen in recent years). If they were directly competing(Which they aren't in any way) I'd watch TNA anyhow.

TNA related now. I won't be here but does AJ have an opponent for tonight? Also did anyone else hear Brian Gerwitz(I think it was him anyhow) bitch about Sting and the crow last week? Hilarous.

Plotless? Yes. Bad thing? No, because the wrestling is of a sufficient quality for that to not matter.

If that were true then people would watch the show.

Who cares if the wrestlers who frequently appear are not that well known? Does that make them any less talented? I don't think so.

All of the people who stopped watching the show appeared to care. Losing 50% of your audience inside a single year and then getting canceled suggests that your show isn't very good.

It may be D-level in terms of prominence with in the WWE system. But in terms of quality, it isn't D-level.

No, in terms of quality it doesn't even achieve D level. The quality of something is judged by how well it does what it was supposed to do. Superstars was supposed to attract a television audience. It failed to do this, making it a flop.

You might like it, but the rest of the world doesn't really give a shit. One person liking or disliking something doesn't make it good or bad.

Anyway, TNA, huh? I'm personally looking forward to Sting tonight. He's got a good character going. I also find myself intrigued by where the AJ/Daniels thing is heading.

I wasn't planning on watching. I've grown attacked to regular sleeping hours this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back