If your favourite band lost their lead singer...

Richard

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Who would you pick to replace them as the lead singer?

If My Chemical Romance was to lose Gerard Way as the singer I would pick Ronnie Radke, former lead of Escape the Fate, now of From Behind These Walls/Falling in Reverse. I would pick him because I think he'd be able to sing the songs well and would be able to bring a new sound to the songs that I would welcome with open ears and I think he would be a great lead for them. It would be a possibility because he is friends with the band but I think if My Chemical Romance was to lose their singer they would break up which would be fine with me as well. So I would pick Ronnie Radke to replace Gerard Way.

Richard, this thread makes me sad. I couldn't stand the thought of either of my favorite bands losing their singer, but I'll give this an attempt.

If Godsmack lost Sully Erna, they'd be a completely different band. The guys in the band had the side project, Another Animal, and while it was good, it was nothing near what Godsmack has done. The best possible choice, that I can think of, is Jerry Cantrell. Godsmack has stated time and again that Alice In Chains was a heavy influence on them, and he'd be the best fit to sing what they've already done, and keep the sound going forward.

As far as In This Moment, I have no clue. My first pick would be Candace Kucsulain, but that breaks up Walls Of Jericho, and I could never stand that either. It couldn't be a guy to sing, because it would just change everything the band has already done. If Kittie continues to have line-up problems, I could see Morgan stepping in, but her screaming just isn't as good as Maria's. It would be the best possible fit though.

Well, my absolute favorite bands are Kittie, and Pearl Jam.

If Morgan were to ever leave Kittie, I don't know if anyone could replace her. But, forced to choose, I'd have to pick Collette from LiveonRelease. Her sound may not be entirely the same, but she's got some amazing pipes.

As far as PJ is concerned, if Eddie quit, it would be fairly easy to find a replacement as far as sound is concerned. They could easily sign one of these Vedder rip-offs like Scott Stapp, Jason from Lifehouse, or the kid from the Calling. The trick would be replacing the main songwriter, the heart of the band. I say that would be impossible, so they would be best served to just bust up entirely.

I would cry.

No seriously, one of my favourite bands is Blink 182. So does that mean they'd lose both Mark and Tom? I'm just going to say that they did, I would like to see them get Brandon Boyd from Incubus as their singer. Brandon is actually a great singer, and I think he sounds a little bit like Tom. He could easily adjust to Blink's sound, as it's close to Incubus' sound anyway. But this one's a bit hazy, as there are two singers, they both play instruments, and there are three in the band.

If Coldplay lost Chris Martin, then it would be a bit harder to think of someone to replace him. I would have to go with Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. And no, there would not be screaming. Chester actually has an amazing voice, he can scream when he wants to, but he has a great normal singing voice, you can hear it in something like Shadow Of The Day. It would be interesting to hear Coldplay without Chris Martin's higher breathy voice, but I think Chester could fit in quite nicely with Coldplay.

I believe replacing Rody Walker from Protest The Hero wouldn't be the hardest ordeal. Luke writes their songs, and Rody has a replaceable sound. If I were to replace him I would look to see if Josh Scogin, the former lead sing of Norma Jean and the current lead singer of The Chariot would replace him. I believe that his work off of the earlier Norma Jean would make him able to replace Rody Walker.

Ugh. Coheed and Cambria just aren't Coheed and Cambria without Claudio Sanchez. His voice is so original it makes the music what it is.

Korn? I think they could recover from losing Jonathan Davis if they picked someone who could sing and growl a little. That's really all he does. Though the emotions he communicates through his singing would have to be communicated just as well as Davis does.

System of a Down? They sorta already did, haha. Serj Tankian split into a solo project when everyone in the band decided to do their own thing. Serj put out an incredible solo album, Elect The Dead. The others are doing their own political thing at the moment. But if System of a Down were to rejoin without Serj they could get by. Daron Malakian has already done main vocals for some songs. They would miss Serj, but they wouldn't die without him.

If the Smashing Pumpkins lost Billy Corgan, it would cease to exist...

But for the sake of argument, I'd have to say Jack White. They've got the same sort of nasal-y whiny voice, and they both make it work for them in the most awesome ways.

I think, apart from the screaming, Jack could be adequate cover for Billy. But there's no one who'd do a great job replacing Corgan, he's far too unique.

^^ same

without caleb followhill kings of leon would, as bladde put it, cease to exist

ive never herd anyone sing like caleb, he can sing any style to be honest thats why lots of people are into them, they can play infront of anyone with the songs they have.

caleb is, again to steal your words, sorry blade! way too unique to replace.
his voice changes throught all the albums making it very difficult for someone to copy him

If Disturbed's singer David Draiman died they'd lose a lot of their sound like the famous oh-wa-wa-wa that opens down with the sickness. I think they should replace him if he dies with well I can't think of someone to replace that wouldn't drastically change their sound. I have to say Serj Tankian the lead singer of System of a Down they'd sound different, but probably in a good way.

I like alot of older bands and most of their lead singers are dead already, so it's hard to have the same emotion as some of the posts before me.

But the band that is highest on my favorites list that is still around would have to be CKY. I liked everything I heard before I relly got into them and I've liked everythnig since. But, I remember a story that at a show a few years ago their lead singer, Deron Miller, had some kind of meltdown.So CKY almost really did lose their lead singer. I would be a big blow to the band if he left, he's singer/songwriter/guitarrist and the one thing that I always read about them and their albums is that "they have a sound all their own" or "don't sound like other bands". He isn't the only singer that does what he does, but I haven't really heard another singer that does everything he does. He has a range that works w metal/ballads/effects/acoustic/anything.

I don't think I could think of just one person to replace him. I'd rather the band break up than find another singer. But, if they wanted to keep going and needed another singer I think that someone like M Shadows could do a decent enough job. I know he can actually sing clean and has a hell of a scream, but don't think he likes doing it as much anymore. But if he tried I think he could be a good replacement.

I'll probably get ripped in here for this but my favorite band ever would no longer exist if they lost the lead singer in some way.

Dave Matthews... I mean what can really be said? MAYBE the remaining members would move on to form a new band of sorts, but I couldn't stand the thought of it happenning. They lost LeRoi Moore their brilliant sax player last August due to a 4-wheeler accident and as far as music goes, it was the worst day of my life. It ranks right up there with hearing 2 Pac and Biggie were shot because I still love good hip hop music even though it barely exists anymore.

Dave wouldn't be replaced and I would be inconsolable.

I dont think anybody could replace David Coverdale in Whitesnake. 2 reasons:

1. I dont think he would let Whitesnake continute after he decides to call it a day, mainly because Whitesnake is his creation...

2. He has fronted Whitesnake for the past 31 years, and in some bands, such as AC/DC replacing the Singer/Frontman has proved very successful even though there are a lot of rrespect out to Bon Scott, who sadly passed away in 1980, but in Coverdales case, he couldnt be replaced. His Vocals are all WHitesnake and it wouldnt sound right with someone else fronting the band.

If Alter Bridge lost Myles Kennedy, they'd just be Creed again. But seriously, if they lost Kennedy then it would suck hard.. Kennedy is such an amazing vocalist, his vocal range is incredible. He just puts out such raw emotion and feeling behind his lyrics. Mark Tremonti is a hugely underrated guitarist, he's not like.. a shredder, or a person who has to dazzle fans with fast fingers and whatnot, he's just great. If I could pick someone to replace him.. i'd pick Brent Smith from Shinedown because he's really good too, although it'd be odd.

If Smile Empty Soul lost Sean Danielson... there would be no Smile Empty Soul. But if the remaining band members decided to go on with the band, Wes Scandlin from Puddle Of Mudd would be a suitable replacement. He has somewhat of a similar voice.

Well, my favorite band still together is Metallica. Without Hetfield they just couldn`t keep going. Losing Burton was big, but without Hetfield even if they tried to stay together it`s leave only Ulrich at the helm and he`d go mad with power and rip the band apart.

I think once someone has been part of a band for so long, they become almost irreplaceable. My favourite band is Nickelback (I know, I know) and I think if they ever lost Chad Kroeger that would be the end of it right there. The thing is with Kroeger, he has quite a distinctive voice and I personally would find it hard to transition to a whole new style. I think he would be easy to replace but as I said before once you have been there for so long you become part of it and if Kroeger was ever replaced then I doubt the replacement would ever be accepted by the fans.

if Oasis lost Liam Gallagher...

god this makes me depressed. i couldnt imagine Oais without Liam Gllagher, but if he did go, then it would have to be Noel Gllagher who takes over and sings all the songs. if you look on youtube theres some versions of him singing Wonderwall and Stop Crying Your Heart Out i think, and theyre just as good as, if not better than, the originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back