You Pick The Velvet Revolver Frontman

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So with the recent news that Slipknot/Stone Sour's Corey Taylor will not be joining Velvet Revolver and that their hiatus will continue indefinetly I began thinking... Who do you think would be good picks to replace Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver.

My picks would be

Myles Kennedy

Singer of Alter Bridge and Slash's touring singer he'd be perfect because he knows quite a bit of the material (he's sang Slither with Slash) and Alter Bridge's style of music is similar to that of Velvet Revolver's

M.Shadows

Now Avenged Sevenfold have cited Guns N Roses as an influence, plus M.Shadows is a very versatile singer (he can do ballady songs like Dear God and heavier songs like Nightmare)

Gerard Way

Now this may seem like a strange one but he's actually a very good singer and My Chemical Romance seem to be very good at adapting with different songs so I think he would be able to adapt well to Velvet Revolver's style of playing.

So those are my possibilities, who are yours??

Myles Kennedy

Kennedy has a great voice that really fits in with the VR style. He knows some of the material, and he has worked with Slash on tour and on Slash's solo album. His voice worked very well with Slash's work on his solo album, and I think it would make a good fit. So that's my pick.

Myles Kennedy is probably the best choice out there right now. He can hit all the high notes that are required, and can also sing in a deeper style more similar to that of Scott Weiland, plus he is already on great terms with Slash, having been the vocalist on 2 tracks on the top-hatted ones solo album and also been his singer on tour.

However, Myles is doing really well with Alter Bridge now and is also supposed to be bringing out a solo album in the next year, so could he do all 3? I doubt it. It was that reason that I was shocked that Corey Taylor would be even considering being the new VR frontman with all his work in Slipknot and Stone Sour. I didnt think it would be possible for him to be lead singer in 3 different bands, who are all still very popular.

My only other gut reaction was to think of Chris Cornell, who again has a fantastic vocal range and could easily sing any of the VR songs, but Soundgarden are reunited and are supposed to be recording a new album soon, so I am guessing Cornell would be tied up in that. Had the Seattle grunge legends not reunited, then he would have been the man for the job, but right now I think he is also out of the question.

Really tough choice this, maybe they will end up picking up an unknown singer to be the new frontman, although I know when the band was initially formed they struggled to do that, and it took ages for Scott Weiland to become available.

I think the best way for them to go would be to get an unknown singer. It's not like they need a big name singer to bring in fans. They are 3/5's Guns N' Roses, they don't have to worry about not selling tickets. I've heard a couple of audition tapes on YouTube and those guys were pretty horrible. If I were them, I'd hold some massive auditions. I wouldn't make it a spectacle, there's no need to make it into a reality show or anything because once you've gone down that road you're pretty much condemning your band to death but I would make a serious effort to interview as many guys as possible and listen to them. From there it's just mining the diamonds from the coal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back