If Lesnar wins...

RockFan89

Closet Conservative and WWE Fan
Tomorrow (July 10) Brock Lesnar is in a huge fight. I have heard it said that if Lesnar wins the belt he will become the face of the UFC. So this is my question, if Lesnar (or Lashley) become very successful in MMA, will this give some credibility/respect to professional wrestlers in the mainstream?

I personally don't think so. Most people will just focus on their amateur backgrounds and completely disregard the work they put in the WWE. Especially UFC fans who have virtually no regard for the performances of WWE wrestlers.

No, not in a million years. Lesnar has been taunted mercilessly since he started in the UFC. A lot of people hate him because of his wrestling background. As far as I am concerned, pro wrestling and MMA should stay as far away from each other as is possible. Wrestling does not need to have any affiliation with MMA, specifically UFC because the feeling is mutual in the UFC. Dana Whyte is certain that the two worlds will remain separate an this is the way it should stay.

Lesnar already has the belt remember and if he should win against Mir, which he probably will. It won't be for the good of wrestling credibility, it will be for the good of Lesnar and the UFC. Wrestling has nothing to do with except for the fact that Lesnar is an ex-wrestler.

Tomorrow (July 10) Brock Lesnar is in a huge fight. I have heard it said that if Lesnar wins the belt he will become the face of the UFC. So this is my question, if Lesnar (or Lashley) become very successful in MMA, will this give some credibility/respect to professional wrestlers in the mainstream?

I personally don't think so. Most people will just focus on their amateur backgrounds and completely disregard the work they put in the WWE. Especially UFC fans who have virtually no regard for the performances of WWE wrestlers.

I agree with you. If you read lesnar's off the record interview, he didn't have really anything good to say about wwe. And so people will just look at wrestling as a bunch of HGH freaks in a scripted show,so no acknowledgement of it being a help.

All this really requires is a simple one word answer: Nope.

But, in long form .. This wont help, nor will it hurt the credibility for professional wrestling. Lesnar has since day one separated himself from the pro wrestling world. Pretty much every chance he gets, he bashes the WWE and the life style that most wrestlers live. Also, as Scotsman pointed out, Lesnar is constantly taunted by the UFC and the fans for his involvement in pro wrestling. Also, Dana WHITE has flat out said he wants nothing to do with the WWE, and why should he? So, in all reality .. How would Lesnar winning the undisputed Heavyweight championship in UFC make WWE look better?

'Cause, it will always come back to WWE is scripted and really, the wins mean nothing .. But with UFC and MMA in general, anything can really happen .. So, you actually have to put in the effort to win the match. Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back