Lesnar vs. Lashley

Thumz9814

General Jibber-Jabberer
Now that Bobby Lashley has made his MMA debut with a quick win over Joshua Franklin, people are already talking about a possible Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar match. Being that this would be a match between two former major wwe title holders (Lesnar/wwe champion, Lashley/ECW champion) who have never faced each other, this would likely be a very hyped match. As a life-long fan of wwe and a casual fan of MMA, I can honestly say that if this match were to take place, I would buy the PPV to watch it. With that said:

If a Lashley/Lesnar match were to take place in the future, would wwe fans who have never bought an MMA PPV, or even watched an MMA match buy the PPV?

I don't think it would. For one, how would the wrestling fans find out about he match? Her in Australia, there aren't many ads for MMA during Raw or SmackDown. And the fans of WWE watch it for entertainment mostly, if they wanted to see actual fighting they'd be watching MMA already. I can't see why they wouldwatch it, and I don't thik they'd buy it just because it has two big names that they know. I can't see why the average WWE fan would turn onto MMA because of htis.

I'd easily purchase Lesnar vs Lashley. It's well known that Lashley was built up as Lesnar V2, so these two in a real contest would really prove who is best, and is a contest that I would really want to see.

WWE fans would because they would want to see who, out of two VERY athletic and gifted athletes is better on the night, so for that reason I would see pretty much every WWE fan wanting to purchase this fight.

I wouldn't mind watching it...but Lashley would get squashed inside of a round. His wrestling pedigree isn't nearly as prestigious as Brock's is. The NAIA is definitely second-fiddle to the NCAA in terms of competition. Brock's skillset and raw athleticism are light-years ahead of Bobby's and likely always will be. This would be the equivalent to a squash match.

Lashley would get stomped by everything I can see. What does he have that Lesnar doesn't have more of? Lesnar is bigger, stronger, faster, etc. Granted Lashley has had one fight, against a rookie, in a smaller league. He m ight be a great fighter but he hasn't had the chance to prove it. Lesnar on the other hand has proven that he can fight, based on that belt he has around his waist. He comes into the biggest mma promotion on the planet and wins the world title that quickly? That's natural talent plus a lot more. As Kasey said, he has the wrestling background, the size, the strength, everything. No way I see Lashley, at least at this current point or anywhere in the near future, beating him.

Lashley would get stomped by everything I can see. What does he have that Lesnar doesn't have more of? Lesnar is bigger, stronger, faster, etc. Granted Lashley has had one fight, against a rookie, in a smaller league. He m ight be a great fighter but he hasn't had the chance to prove it. Lesnar on the other hand has proven that he can fight, based on that belt he has around his waist. He comes into the biggest mma promotion on the planet and wins the world title that quickly? That's natural talent plus a lot more. As Kasey said, he has the wrestling background, the size, the strength, everything. No way I see Lashley, at least at this current point or anywhere in the near future, beating him.
Lashley is at a good camp and we won't be able to judge for another year or two and several more fights if he'll be a dud. My guess is that the first time he fights anyone with remotely decent standup and takedown defense...then he's going to have his lunch force-fed to him at warp speed (and knuckle sandwiches are on the menu). I hope that American Top Team can really up the ante in terms of his game and that he can make the progression to MMA.

Not everyone is a fast learner when it comes to straying from your fighting base and incorporating other aspects. The nice thing is that there are plenty of solid heavyweights on the open market and I think that a trip to Japan to fight for Sengoku or Dream would help. Affliction has too many of the top guys right now for his lack of skill.

Lashley v. Lesnar will most certainly happen someday, as it would be a guaranteed good buy rate PPV.

However, I don't think it'll happen for a couple years. Lesnar was rushed to where he is now and his inexperience will show some. It's not really his fault, though. It's likely that he won't get very many fights for the next couple years while builds the talent to back the hype. I do feel that the talent will match the hype someday, though.

It seems, to me at least, that Lashley is going for the more traditional slow build to his career. That's a good thing. Hopefully it stays that way and he doesn't go anywhere near the UFC until there isn't that much of a risk of him being a flash in the pan.

Lashley is every bit the athlete that Lesnar is. I don't think there is much of a mismatch physically at all, as some of you guys would think. Where as Lesnar has the sheer size, Lashley is faster.

When both guys are good and ready for a match that would actually live up to the hype, it will be one for the ages.

It's kind of cute how Lashley thinks he's as big as Lesnar.

Seriously? Lesnar has a unanimous victory over Heath Herring, and then absolutely rips apart Coutoure, while Lashley has a quick victory over some nobody in a nobody promotion, and he thinks they're anywhere near the same level? Lesnar is among the greatest heavyweights in the world, and on top of one of the biggest heavyweight divisions in the world, while Lashley is fighting no one in no where. Hell, it's exactly like their respective WWE situations - Lesnar is on top of the world and WWE Champion, while Lashley is just lowly ECW Champion. It would be like Matt Hardy thinking he was as good as John Cena.

Anyway, aside from the fact that Lashley is nowhere near as good or as big as Lesnar, he's an inferior fighter anyhow. In their possible fight, which will probably never happen, I see Lesnar tearing him apart in the first round easily.

Lashley v. Lesnar will most certainly happen someday, as it would be a guaranteed good buy rate PPV.

However, I don't think it'll happen for a couple years. Lesnar was rushed to where he is now and his inexperience will show some. It's not really his fault, though. It's likely that he won't get very many fights for the next couple years while builds the talent to back the hype. I do feel that the talent will match the hype someday, though.

It seems, to me at least, that Lashley is going for the more traditional slow build to his career. That's a good thing. Hopefully it stays that way and he doesn't go anywhere near the UFC until there isn't that much of a risk of him being a flash in the pan.

Lashley is every bit the athlete that Lesnar is. I don't think there is much of a mismatch physically at all, as some of you guys would think. Where as Lesnar has the sheer size, Lashley is faster.

When both guys are good and ready for a match that would actually live up to the hype, it will be one for the ages.
This fight would be a squash match. Now or even five years from now. Lashley was a silver medalist at the World Military Games...which is governed by the NAIA. Lesnar was the NCAA Division I National Champion. That's the difference between a single-A and 4-A high school. Lashley is nowhere near the athlete Lesnar is and damn sure doesn't have the speed or agility that Lesnar has.

Lesnar is like a 290 lb. version of Sean Sherk. There is a mismatch, physically. Lesnar actually has to drop water to make weight and Lashley doesn't. Not saying Lashley doesn't have potential, but he's got a hell of a lot higher to climb than Lesnar ever will in the sport.

The one thing that Bobby has going for him is that he's fully aware of how much he doesn't know and exactly how much work he's going to have to put into the thing. As it stands right now, he's a wrestler with shit standup and nonexistent ground game. Depending on how fast he progresses, he could be solid in another couple of years. Lesnar is different because he learns freakishly fast.

It's kind of cute how Lashley thinks he's as big as Lesnar.

Seriously? Lesnar has a unanimous victory over Heath Herring, and then absolutely rips apart Coutoure, while Lashley has a quick victory over some nobody in a nobody promotion, and he thinks they're anywhere near the same level? Lesnar is among the greatest heavyweights in the world, and on top of one of the biggest heavyweight divisions in the world, while Lashley is fighting no one in no where. Hell, it's exactly like their respective WWE situations - Lesnar is on top of the world and WWE Champion, while Lashley is just lowly ECW Champion. It would be like Matt Hardy thinking he was as good as John Cena.

Anyway, aside from the fact that Lashley is nowhere near as good or as big as Lesnar, he's an inferior fighter anyhow. In their possible fight, which will probably never happen, I see Lesnar tearing him apart in the first round easily.

Please tell me your joking in this post? Lesnar's victory over Herring was very unimpressive as he laid on heath's back for 15 minutes without attempting to finish at all. Second, he didn't "rip apart" couture, he caught randy with a shot in the neck and donkey kong'ed his way to the title in a super weak division in which he will only be champion until he fights guys who are extremely older than him or stuck as gatekeepers in the division. Third, Top Ten HW: Fedor, Nogs, Barnett, Arlovski, Sylvia, Overeem, Gonzaga, Lesnar, Mir, Dos Santos. Lesnar is barely cracking Top Ten now and thats because he hasn't been fighting the top guys in the HW division, when he fights guys like Carwin, Nogs, Valasquez, Mir & wins decisvely then we can talk about him being legitimate top ten. Finally Lesnar is bigger than Lashley and has a little bit more power from what we've seen in the cage and from training but if a fight between these two happens say two-three years from now I'd say Lashley cause he's training with a good camp where there are diff types of fighter there to train for/with where as Brock is kinda making his own camp with a major wrestling background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back