• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Daniel Bryan Retired TODAY, Would He Be Worthy of the WWE Hall of Fame?

Would Daniel Bryan be worthy of the WWE Hall of Fame today?

• YES!

• NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Absolutely. But that's not to say that Daniel Bryan has set the world alight wiht his career. It is more of a slamming indictment of how the WWE has managed its Hall Of Fame in recent years.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Bryan is a great wrestler. I cheered along with everyone else when he finally grabbed the brass ring at WrestleMania. But his career is far too short at the top level. He has done a lot but when you compare him to legitimate Hall of fame guys like Hogan, Rock, and Austin he doesn't measure up just yet.

Like I said though, the WWE has made a laughing stock of its Hall of Fame recently. Christ, if Drew Carey can get in, then so can anyone.

At the end of the day, Daniel Bryan has plenty of years left in the business and has all the talent to get him there. It'll happen in the future, I'm sure of it.

Yes, Drew Carey's in. Yes, some random football player's in. Yes, I think Grumpy Cat's probably going to be in WWE's Hall of Fame Class of 2015. That's not the reason Daniel Bryan should be in. No, Daniel Bryan should be in because Edge is in.

Remove the celebrities, remove the wrestlers who got in by virtue of nostalgia, look at the world champions who got in. Nobody's going to argue that Daniel Bryan is as big a deal as Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin or The Ultimate Warrior were. He fits comfortably in amongst some of the others though.

Edge was a big deal for a month in 2006, largely because he promised to shag Lita on air. Booker T got five world title reigns in a year from an ailing WCW and was deemed good enough to hold the secondary world title once by WWE. Eddie Guerrero was a tremendous wrestler who had a decent run with the WWE title but does anybody still really argue that his legacy hasn't been inflated by his premature death?

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. They do. So does Daniel Bryan.

The Miracle on Bourbon Street, and the build up to it, is enough to make Daniel Bryan worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back