Icon v. Icon: Sting v. Hogan in 2011?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
For the first time since Fall Brawl 1999? If you caught Lockdown tonight, it sure as shit seems so, no?

As Hogan came to ringside to offer the steel pipe to RVD as a means to get him to join Immortal, both RVD and Anderson denied him. Sting picked up the victory to retain, and in the process challenged Hogan from the gate to step into the ring. Hogan mouthed a number of response back, one of which noted something to the extent of "You and I, on my time, brother".

Thoughts on this? What do you think the chances are of this actually happening? Could this actually draw, or has the time far surpassed the opportunity to have these two go toe-to-toe considering all of Hogan's injuries and the age of both men?

personally...and I'm sure I'm in the minority if not the only one...I want it to happen. I didn't have cable growing up for a good chunk of the 90s. i remember wwf havin replays on non cable. when I moved i use to go over to my cousin's house but he'd only watch wwf. Would watch wcw at brother's house, going over was rare...we didnt grow up together. would also watch wcw at a family friend's house. so i never saw sting vs hogan. did see sting, did see hogan...never sting vs hogan. As a fan that's never seen it, I want to....even at this age

Missed it and glad I did. This is nothing more that another rehash (which is TNA's way of doing business) of old things overdone in the WCW. Sting still has talent and ability in the ring. The only thing Hogan has is his mouth, which isnt doing himself any favors as of late. If Hogan gets back in the ring it will be uglier than any diva's/knockout match in history. Hogan should stay out of the ring and off T.V. for that matter.

I hope they do not by any mean's that their even thinking about doing this match.

It's not a draw, not going be fun to watch, and it's just bad booking beyond any mean's. What's worse, Hogan could win, which would mean the downfall of TNA. Imagine what you would feel if your, say Robert Roode, and a 58 year old washed-up peice of shit, who is completely irrevelant, win's the TNA Championship.

If this match ever happen, I'm not watching it. And if Hogan win's the TNA Championship, I'm not watching TNA anymore.

I can not believe they are teasing hogan vs sting for the title. Im shocked by this because I have no interest in seeing it at all.

They put on a horrible match at starcade. I can only imagine what they would do now.

The worst part about it is that Hogan will win the title. Just a matter of time

I think if done right it could draw interest in TNA. With the history they have and Hogan returning to the ring. Heck if WWE can have Micheal Cole vs Jerry Lawler than why cant TNA have Sting vs Hogan one more time.

I think if done right it could draw interest in TNA. With the history they have and Hogan returning to the ring. Heck if WWE can have Micheal Cole vs Jerry Lawler than why cant TNA have Sting vs Hogan one more time.

cause hogan has broken back n more then nething it would be all attention on him, him winning a title making tna even MORE about him and it would probally be all immortal HELPING him, making it pointless at his age n in his condition.

I know there going to be TNA fans will be like "If they decide to put Hogan vs Sting for the title i am not going to watch TNA until they decide to go a different direction". That is exactly what is going to happen if TNA tries to build a match between Hogan vs Sting because this is not something that is going to turn out to be great match and will let the ratings continue to drop so low that they going to have to go a different direction. I am not going to watch any Sting and hogan's segment if they trying to push the direction of being Sting vs Hogan for the next pay per view or future pay per views because its not going to sell

I can't bring myself to care about this. At the end of the day, there are three issues here.

First and foremost, you're looking at a combined 100 years in the ring between two guys. I get that they're two of the biggest stars ever, but no causal fan is going to tune in to see this. Hogan can barely move and his back is barely holding together and Sting can barely move half of the time. Imagine these two having a coherent match that lasts more than three minutes. I can't imagine it int he slightest.

Second which ties into the first: how in the world does this help build up anyone but Hogan and Sting? Sting working with young guys is a good thing and what he's best at at this point, but working with a 12 time world cahmpion held together by pins and needles is not what you want to use a guy with limited remaining miles on him like Sting. This comes off as an ego move by Hogan to say he was a world title contender in another company, which isn't what TNA needs right now. This tanked the ratings in WWE in 2002. What is it going to do 9 years later?

Third, what does this solve? If Hogan wins the title, that means he's going to wrestle again. If Sting keeps the title, he beat a guy that could barely walk in October due to major back surgery. How in the world is this supposed to advance things? A one on one match is worthless but I could see maybe a tag match or something like that.

Overall, I don't see this as anything great. It might help a tiny bit, but there are FAR better options out there.

Dear god I hope not.

After the year build up they had in WCW leading to Starrcade 1997, that match wasn't good. Nor was the rematch. Or any of their matches quite frankly. And it's been 12 years since their last REAL match (halloween havoc 1999 of course doesn't count), plus Hogan's condition.

personally...and I'm sure I'm in the minority if not the only one...I want it to happen.As a fan that's never seen it, I want to....even at this age

You could always see it on video.

I'd honestly watch it. I've sat through a lot of bad matches WWE has put on Cole/Lawler, Vince/Hart, etc. I don't buy the TNA PPV's for the TNA title matches anymore, haven't for a long time. I like watching guys like Styles, Sabin, Daniels, Joe, Beer Money, etc. Those guys put on good enough matches to make me feel like I didn't waste $35 on the PPV.

i dont see them fighting for the tna title but i see them copying wwe by either setting up there match for bound for glory months away or for lockdown next year

i dont see them fighting for the tna title but i see them copying wwe by either setting up there match for bound for glory months away or for lockdown next year

But here's the thing, Rock vs. Cena is a dream match. Both Cena and Rock are both in their thirty's and are still in great shape.

Hogan can hardly walk, and Sting is 51 year's old who is slowing down.

If somebody is going say anything remotely positive about the possiblity of this match happening, I'll be seriously surprised. Is this the best TNA can offer? Two guy's with a combine age of 100year's old with one guy can't walk anymore?

No way is hogan going to wrestle again, but hey its wrestling (yes WWE i said wrestling) so never say never. The problem is that who would watch that match? Not me, and i'm a TNA fan.

Everyone defending Hogan coming to TNA might be eating their words. This ego-maniac is doing exactly what most of us said he would do. He's putting himself before the younger guys because in his old deteriorating mind he thinks he's the draw he was 10 years ago. Watch the ratings continue to plummet if this happens.

how does TNA think anything positive can come from this? This last title run by Sting has been a dissapointment in terms of ratings and quality title matches.Hogan's TNA run hasnt resulted in any extra interest in there product! Does Hogan really have this insane amount of pull in TNA that Creative will greenlight this train wreck waiting to happen

I wouldn't want to see this happen, Hogan is broken down and doesn't need a title around his waist (that could happen). Hogan's body is a physical mess, he doesn't need to be anymore matches, he will not draw.

Sting/Hogan will happen. The story as to why Sting came back was for Hogan.....but.....it won't be for the title. Hogan will cost Sting his title, by interfering somehow, maybe against Bully Ray or Hardy or a face/heel turn (anderson/RVD/Fortune). This will set up their non-title match. Lets also not forget about the wrestler whos running/helping the network. Unless its Dixie of course...which makes no sense. If it does end up being a title match (God help us), then the Network guy/gal will interfere on Stings behalf. Trust me, if Hogan wins the title then he is def a double agent for Vince.....but I honestly can't see it happening. After all Hogan isn't in charge, he is talent like everyone else. If they won't put the title on Flair (who can still go) then they can't put it on Hogan.....can they??

I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love to see this happen simply due to the fact that I'm a wrestling fan. I know they're both a little old and can hardly work a great match nowadays, but this is where the ten year old wrestling fan kicks in. The match might suck, in fact it will suck, but the presence both Sting and Hogan bring to the ring would be phenomenal. And believe it or not, this would draw people in. I don't care if you're ten or thirty, any normal wrestling fan should be naturally attracted to this match. And that's a good enough reason for me to order the PPV or watch the iMPACT they wrestle each other on.

Sting/Hogan will happen. The story as to why Sting came back was for Hogan.....but.....it won't be for the title. Hogan will cost Sting his title, by interfering somehow, maybe against Bully Ray or Hardy or a face/heel turn (anderson/RVD/Fortune). This will set up their non-title match. Lets also not forget about the wrestler whos running/helping the network. Unless its Dixie of course...which makes no sense. If it does end up being a title match (God help us), then the Network guy/gal will interfere on Stings behalf. Trust me, if Hogan wins the title then he is def a double agent for Vince.....but I honestly can't see it happening. After all Hogan isn't in charge, he is talent like everyone else. If they won't put the title on Flair (who can still go) then they can't put it on Hogan.....can they??

Hogan was also talent in WCW, and look what happen. He's was given complete control over his character and the outcome of his matches. He's was WCW Champion for a year.

What makes you think Dixie (who will do anything for a rating's boost), Russo (the king of being a total idiot) and Bischoff (Hogan's friend) will have anything negative to Hogan winnig the TNA Championship?

What I remember most about Sting and Hogan's matches in WCW was that I was always rather disappointed by them. Just because you put two iconic figures in a ring does not mean they will have great chemistry. I think Hogan Warrior had a better match than Hogan Sting. At this point in time I can't possibly imagine them having a good match, Hogan can barely walk, if there is anyone who should take a lesson from Edge and know when to walk away it is him. Yet, to be honest, end of the day, it wouldn't turn me away from TNA and i'd be curious to see the match out of sheer curiosity. And I'm all for it if it is enough to get more fans to watch TNA. You can have Hogan Sting in your main event and not piss off the rest of the talent so long as you set the situation up for them to showcase their talents throughout the show as well. The only reason I'd want this match to happen is if it is used to really get viewers to help get over the younger guys. If they put on a half ass card and hold guys like fortune back from doing their thing to avoid stealing the show, then it's a problem

If this does happen, it will either be at the Bound for Glory PPV or Final Resolution. IMO, Final Resolution would make more sense just because of the name of the PPV. This will undoubtedly be the last time we'll see a Hogan-Sting match and could a PPV be more appropriately named? The Final Resolution, the final chapter of Hogan-Sting written on that night. Of course, BFG makes sense, too, considering that's TNA's biggest PPV of the year. Here's the problem...Hogan can barely walk much less perform in a match. Final Resolution would give him more time to get injected, ready, take HGH, do whatever he has to do to get in wrestling shape. If the match happens at BFG, I don't think it will occur until 2012. When or if it takes place, this won't be a normal match. Hogan can't handle it. Could he handle a cage match, street fight, or last man standing match? Unknown. Also, look for there to be a stipulation like "loser leaves TNA" or "title vs TNA control" in which if Hogan loses, he relinquishes command of TNA. Now think about this...if it's a "loser leaves TNA" match at Final Resolution or even BFG this year, and Sting loses, this would be his time to jump ship to WWE for a WM 28 showdown against Undertaker. It would set the stage perfectly, wouldn't it, for Sting's last year or two in the business and then he could walk out a multi-millionaire and take his spot in the WWE HOF at WM 30, let's say. He admitted he's thought about it and it will always be in the back of his mind. He can handle Vince for a year or two and then retire for good. Just a thought.

I'm not going to lie, I would absolutely love to see this happen simply due to the fact that I'm a wrestling fan. I know they're both a little old and can hardly work a great match nowadays, but this is where the ten year old wrestling fan kicks in. The match might suck, in fact it will suck, but the presence both Sting and Hogan bring to the ring would be phenomenal. And believe it or not, this would draw people in. I don't care if you're ten or thirty, any normal wrestling fan should be naturally attracted to this match. And that's a good enough reason for me to order the PPV or watch the iMPACT they wrestle each other on.

Did you enjoy Vince McMahon vs Bret Hart?

I'm all for legendary clashes, but it should be good. Otherwise Heroes of Wrestling is the greatest show ever in pro wrestling history.

Did you enjoy Vince McMahon vs Bret Hart?

I'm all for legendary clashes, but it should be good. Otherwise Heroes of Wrestling is the greatest show ever in pro wrestling history.

That's an unfair comparison. Although Bret Hart was totally dominant during their match, let's not forget the match was about Bret getting revenge for all the shit Mr. McMahon did to him. So in no way, Vince would've won that match. Besides, with the exception of Undertaker vs. Shanw Michaels, Hart/McMahon was advertised as one of the top draws of Wrestlemania 26. I believe the same could be said for a Sting/Hogan encounter. It might suck, but there's no doubt that the average wrestling fan would be drawn in. If you ask me, this match would do nothing but good for TNA.

little conflict of intrest you giving me a warning for saying NO!!! to a thread you created isnt there its damn real deal with it.... i only said NO!!! and left it at that to make a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back