I would like to see this at Wrestlemania 27

Jacarr

Occasional Pre-Show
Well I have been keeping up to date with my WWE gossip lately and there have been a few rumors going around regarding who The Undertaker will face this year at Wrestlemania. There were reports of either Sheamus or Kane taking on the deadman at wrestlemania. Now apparently these were the two men Vince was the highest on regarding a potential battle with taker on the grandest stage.

Since then, I do believe the night after Hell in a Cell Vince decided that due to the "lack of crowd interest" in their latest encounter, it probably wouldnt be such a good idea to have them go at it at mania, considering it has been done twice before and everyone and their dog knew that it wouldnt be a classic at wrestlemania. Apparently Vince is also high onthe idea of having a Heel John Cena vs Undertaker. Which would also be good as well, now i just dont udnerstand why Vince wouldnt of thought of having this match all along, now we all know he knows whats best for the company and my only reason being as why he may have not wanted this match this year is he was holding off for the next year ( possibly for takers last match ? ) I would think this would be a good idea, however i had something else in mind.

Now i would love to see Randy Orton be the man who faces Taker this year!

Now i know it has been done before but this was 6 years ago, just like alot of people say when Cena took on The undertaker the first time he wasnt who he is today, and same can be said for Orton. Dont get me wrong Orton was pretty hot himself around the time of Wrestlemania 21, but now i do believe it would be quite the draw. You have the guy who has almost literally been on fire the last 6 months, Randy Orton.

I have always been extremely high on randy orton, even before his match against the undertaker at mania 21, and i was so pumped that they were going at it. I have just always had this feeling about randy orton, back then mostly i just felt like he was going to be awesome, i didnt see it really then and i didnt feel it, but i just knew it. Maybe thats my personal opinion but they had a great match and a great feud.

I look at Orton today and still feel that aurora of awesomeness surrounding him especially since his sudden turn and the great reaction he gets from the crowd. I do believe that Orton and Taker would be a top draw at wrestlemania this year and the crowd would be hot for both men, unlike how i figure it would be if it was taker and cena the crowd would be pro taker, not saying its a bigger draw but i would say definetly more exciting.

In closing, what do any of you think about this? Do you think that WWE creative has thought of this as well as being a potential match up? Do you think it would be a hot draw for Takers streak this year? Or do they have something bigger in store for these men further down the road regarding a potential match up between the Viper and the Deadman.

Thoughts please.

I'd love the idea of having Orton face off with Taker, but I don't think it will happen. Orton has said before that he doesn't want to end Taker's streak even though Mark was open for the idea of having him end it at WM21. So the outcome is rather predictable, well unless smeone convinces Orton he needs to go over. If Orton is to lose hwat will he be losing? The title? I'm thinking Orton goes into Mania either as the champion or facing the champion this year, since he is so hot. Should he lose to Taker a bit of that momentum will be taken away and that' never really a good thing.

So really, I like the idea, but I don't think it will play out well for all parties involved. Although it should draw huge numbers.

Orton vs Undertaker has already been done. So I doubt we'll be seeing it once again. Considering the fact that it only happens to be truly special people that Undertaker faces twice at Wrestlemania, his brother and Shawn Michaels.

Besides, Orton is on such a roll that it would be surprising to see him in a non-title match at Wrestlemania. However it would also be too much to expect some others to be in a non-title match. Things need to change though, and Undertaker vs John Cena would be a chance, because of Cena's history with Wrestlemania title matches.

So, if I had to place my money on anything, John Cena would be a good shot. However, there's many others that I would love to see as well. Like Jericho for one.

Yeah i forgot to mention that about Orton not wanting to end takers streak, i guess that changes most of the landscape for that idea, unless of course something has or will change.

I love the idea of Y2J facing Taker at mania as well. I believe i have seen that in some of the discussion here as well, the last time they were involved i do believe was when Jericho took the belt from taker, there was no rematch or anything, obviously to further the storyline with HBK of course.

I was thinking of how the build behind a potential Y2J/Taker match could go, I didnt really have any ideas but now that i think of it, maybe if "Y2J" returns, he can challenge the undertaker to a mtach at wrestlemania as jericho was on such a downward sprial before his departure, he could try to redeem himself by ending the streak and putting on a classic with taker.

Hard to say though, the streak has been going on for so long with a superstar trying to end it every year there really isnt any other reason or build behind a Taker match at mania unless it had star power. I would like to see Taker have a reason to face someone at mania this year, possibly for revenge like kane at wrestlemania 20, I want to see taker chase someone rather then someone coming after him. Maybe that would be the case with the possibility of a Sheamus match up.

I wanna see cena take on taker. I think it will be the best match of the year. Orrin would be a good choice but u wanna see him face Kane.

Orrin would be a good choice but u wanna see him face Kane.

Great idea! I didnt know what to think at first but letting my mind wander a little bit that wouldnt be such a bad idea, if they continue to build kane as an unstoppable force and the demented monster that he is this just might work, it would be like fighting fire with fire, Orton is on the crazy side and so is kane, depending on the build it could be great build up.

I'd have to go with Cena.

It seems like Vince does not ever wanna have Taker lose at Mania. So, it would be good if John Cena was the challenger. The crowd would be heavily on Undertaker's side. I would really like to see this match happen, more than any other opponent for Taker, and have Taker go over Cena in the end.

I don't think the streak should ever end. I can see WWE wanting to put someone over in a "Forever Over" type of way. But I think that is one record, or streak, that is made to never be stopped, surpassed or BROKEN.

To me anyway... It is one of those records that I never want to see come to an end. Well an end to it is fine, if, it's just when Taker retires. Mainly I just do not wanna see it broken!

Bill Lesnar likes this as a mania card:

Cena vs Del rio WHC - Bill lesnar feels that after the nexus fued, cena should go to SD (stip after losing to barret at tlc) and win the number 1 contenders match at elimination chamber. Bill Lesnar feels that delrio should beat edge at the rumble

Orton vs Kane vs Undertaker WWE CHampionship - no DQ. Bill lesnar feels kane should win the rumble, challange randy for the title, and taker returns winning the raw chamber and setting up a personal fued. Bill lesnar wants this to be really intense

Bryan vs punk US title - 2/3 falls, pinfall/sub/last man standing. Bill lesnar feels these guys could have a personal fued based on punks jealousy of Bryans successd ating back to ROH

Triple H vs MIz - Bill Lesnar thinks that trips knocks miz out of the rumble setting up a Miz getting angry and showing a mean streak, which starts a huge fued

Edge and Christian vs Cody and Drew - Tag titles -Bill Lesnar wants E and C reunite for a shot after Edge steps in after months of abuse that cage has suffured at the hands of the tag champs

IC title - Ziggler vs Rey vs MVp Vs Swagger elimination match- Bill Lesnar feels that could be a good opener

Money in the bank - Kaval vs Barret vs SHeamus vs Kingston vs Truth vs Gabrial. Bill lesnar thinks that these would be good guys for the ladder match. Bill Lesnar wanst barret to get the win with help from Garbial, denying Kofi -setting up a feud between them.

Bill lesnar has 7 matches on the card.

Bill lesnar sees the divas match being the dark match and a battle royal before hand as well.

Bill Lesnar likes this as a mania card:

Cena vs Del rio WHC - Bill lesnar feels that after the nexus fued, cena should go to SD (stip after losing to barret at tlc) and win the number 1 contenders match at elimination chamber. Bill Lesnar feels that delrio should beat edge at the rumble

Orton vs Kane vs Undertaker WWE CHampionship - no DQ. Bill lesnar feels kane should win the rumble, challange randy for the title, and taker returns winning the raw chamber and setting up a personal fued. Bill lesnar wants this to be really intense

Bryan vs punk US title - 2/3 falls, pinfall/sub/last man standing. Bill lesnar feels these guys could have a personal fued based on punks jealousy of Bryans successd ating back to ROH

Triple H vs MIz - Bill Lesnar thinks that trips knocks miz out of the rumble setting up a Miz getting angry and showing a mean streak, which starts a huge fued

Edge and Christian vs Cody and Drew - Tag titles -Bill Lesnar wants E and C reunite for a shot after Edge steps in after months of abuse that cage has suffured at the hands of the tag champs

IC title - Ziggler vs Rey vs MVp Vs Swagger elimination match- Bill Lesnar feels that could be a good opener

Money in the bank - Kaval vs Barret vs SHeamus vs Kingston vs Truth vs Gabrial. Bill lesnar thinks that these would be good guys for the ladder match. Bill Lesnar wanst barret to get the win with help from Garbial, denying Kofi -setting up a feud between them.

Bill lesnar has 7 matches on the card.

Bill lesnar sees the divas match being the dark match and a battle royal before hand as well.

Besides the obvious BEST match on your card, Daniel Bryan Vs. CM Punk (IMO would steal the show). The only other match that I like, or agree with from the choices you made, "Bill Lesnar" is The 4 Way Elimination Match for The Intercontinental Championship. I could see those 4 guys putting on a GREAT match, if not rushed by time constraints, especially if it is the opening match, as Bill Lesnar suggested. Also, I think Swagger should win this match. Even though he captured the WHC, he has been some what of a joke to this point. He hasn't been taken too seriously. I think a win over these other 3 guys could start a dominant IC Title reign for Swagger, thus thrusting him into the forefront of the companies' spotlight!

Chris Jericho deserves the main event he is very entertaining
as for taker since that is all people want to talk about i think Cena will be the best choice

I would like to see John Cena continue to have some affiliation with the Nexus. Teasing a heel turn but never having it materialize, but keeping it a possibility in the minds of the WWE fans. This would be difficult to sustain because WM27 is still four months away, but try to keep the connection there and really have it look like a John Cena gradual heel turn is occurring. Let the speculation run rampant amongst the fans especially the IWC. Have the theory develop that the Nexus took out the Undertaker at the direction of John Cena, or at the very least, they did so to lure him deeper into the faction.

This would set up the inevitable John Cena versus Undertaker match at WM27 (assuming Taker is physically able to compete this year). Speculation amongst the IWC runs wild: heel John Cena will defeat the Undertaker at WM27 and end the vaulted streak.

Once it all plays out, though, Cena does not turn heel. He does face Taker, but the Undertaker wins and prolongs the streak, much to the surprise of the IWC.

Setting up the re-match at Summerslam '11, where a face John Cena, no longer associated with the by-then defunct Nexus faction, goes up again the Undertaker and defeats him, retiring the Undertaker without ending the streak. Taker goes out in defeat, as he should, old school. But the streak stays intact. As it should. And we have a compelling match at WM27 between John Cena and the Undertaker.

It would be interesting to see maybe Orton's daughter vs one of Triple H's daughter's as a diva's match. I'm sure it may be more entertaining than some of the divas there today. LOL

Storyline-wise, it has to be Wade Barrett. The Nexus buried the Undertaker, not Kane, which caused him to lose the match for the World Title (something he was clearly going to win). Having the leader of the most powerful faction take on the phenom at WM is a logical solution, as well as allowing Undertaker to give Barrett a few pointers for in-ring ability.

Match-wise, it has to be John Cena. He has hardly feuded with Taker and a match between them two would be electric. Cena is a huge draw who can mesh with anyone quite well. He'd be able to help Taker through the match and put on a show... although you'd need some sort of storyline because that's where Cena shines (drama/emotion).

Here is my card for wrestlemania 27. With a short explanation for why.

Undertaker-Barrett
Barrett had Taker buried simple enough

Punk-Cena
New Nexus finally gets their hands full with a very raged and pissed Cena

Corre Members-Barrett-New Nexus Members-Punk
Feuding groups for brand dominance

Edge-Alberto WHC Match
I want Alberto to win Rumble

WWE Title Match
Miz-Jericho
How cool would that be

MITB
Whoever you want to be in it doesnt matter too much

Kofi-Bryan-Combining of titles match
The IWC would be crazed if this happen

Kong+Natalya-LayCool
You have to include divas I guess

Sheamus-Trips
Rematch would be cool

I don't want to see any Orton matches, if at all possible.

Well, that takes the words right out of my mouth. Why doesn't he go on a 6 month to a year vacation already? Then they'd realize it wouldn't matter if he was there or not and just get rid of him or regulate him to behind the scenes work. I'm sure he'd make a good janitor, he looks like he bathes in Mop N Glo.

I would like to see Undertaker vs hhh because I think this may be both's last mania;s for some reason

Cena Miz I just see it happening with the MIZ the rumble
Edge- delrio sounds fine too me
Orton-punk

After those I really don't care however with earlier reports about nash heading to Boston and all the guys who say they want to see shawn in at hall of fame for a laugh how about the nwo against one of the nexus or corre groups

I would like to see Undertaker vs hhh because I think this may be both's last mania;s for some reason

I have a weird feeling that it is going to be hhh's last mania but not taker. I feel that he will go 20-0 because that seems to be a number that be reconize more easily.

Since you mentioned a funnier match iin NWo Vs Corre/Nexus how bout Taker and McCool Vs Santino and Tamina in a Mizxed Tag Match. That would be a very humorous match that would never happen

You win that would be hilarious.
While we are going off the board and a little nuts how about Awesome Kong aginst Trish Stratus for the divas title. She did say she would come back to do something different well that would be

You win that would be hilarious.
While we are going off the board and a little nuts how about Awesome Kong aginst Trish Stratus for the divas title. She did say she would come back to do something different well that would be

Haha that's funny as well. How about they give Mark Henry a challenging match against Hornswoggle. I think that would be a very comedic RAW macth

No wait You don't see Henry winning that much so how about in a legendary match
The World's strongest man Mark Henry taking on the guy I have never see ever win a match Thr Brookyn Brawler

Hmm what has happened to Mark Henery. I mean he was in MITB last year but other then that this guy doesn nothing anymore

Well if you go to a former thread I made today about the Raw Gm it goes more in depth about the GM getting fired so I think that would be the case

You don't think it would be more to do with Nexus considering they took him out? The Raw gm thing in my eyes will just fizzle out for I don't think wwe knew or knows who it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back