Undertaker's Wrestlemania 27 opponent SHOULD be Triple H

Bill Lesnar

Occasional Pre-Show
Apparently there has been no conversation between Steve "Sting" Borden and World Wrestling Entertainment as of last week, but there has however been interest from both sides. The Undertaker vs. Sting match at this point has been reported to not be happening and Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett has been supposedly been dropped as the originally proposed WrestleMania 27 main event. Regarding what I have read and heard WWE has come up with a new direction for the Undertaker which they think will be EPIC and will feature HBK in a non-wrestling role but no Brock.

Fuck Wade Barret he isn’t near seasoned enough to have a match with taker at Mania. I don’t care what anyone says Wade is BORING and Robotic is it is partially his fault for how the Nexus fizzled. He doesn’t have the pedigree (pardon the pun) to face Taker which is something that is a dream for wrestlers to aspire too and ONLY the guys who are the BEST at what they do should have that match. Takers Streak is one of the most important things Mania has going for it and a fued with wade would dimming its significant important. Maybe when Wade has actually proved himself without getting shoved down our throats and learns to WRESTLE like a BIG STAR he deserves it but he has barely been in the wwe for a year and his attack on taker made no sense and was poorly booked. Takers fued needs to generate interest and there are others on the roster who can do that better than Wade Barret. Bill lesnar finds it stunning that anyone actually cares about a Wade Barret-taker fued. Taker most likely only has one more Mania after this and after facing HBK in two MOTY candidates a match with Wade would be a severe step down. Same goes for Triple H against Sheamus which has already happened and there match didn’t exactly tear the roof down. As well as the fact that that fued doesn’t interest me anymore and HHH will most likely DESTROY Sheamus when he returns.

Bill lesnar LOVES taker vs Sting because of how HUGE this match would be but in the grand scheme of things…Undertaker is a match-up horror for Sting. Undertaker only works well with guys he trusts with large years of working together, case in point burying ddp in 2001 instead of allowing the former WCW Champion to even look decent against the Undertaker. Undertaker works better with guys who have been in the WWE for a long time, and notably guys he's fought in the past. He's very against being forced to wrestle with newcomers or outsiders from other promotions. He loves working with Shawn Michaels and Kane and his buddies, for example, guys he's worked with for years. This is where Triple H comes in. As each week passes Sting looks less and less likely to come to the wwe although Vince could shock us all and announce Stingers the guest host for Mania.

At Wrestlemania 17 which features in many discussions as one of the best ppvs of all time, Triple H vs Taker took place and was a MONSTER of a match and guess what this year marks the 10th anniversary of that GREAT match. HHH being the egotistical wanker that he is, most likely watched Shawn steal the show 2x over and HHH will want to top him. HHH and Taker did GREAT business 10 years ago and I’m sure it will be an even bigger money maker given that both guys are returning and will be HOT. It just makes sense having HHH trying to avenge Shawn after Taker retired his candy ass last year and he is a much more legit opponent than those other chumps. HHH will have no problem letting Taker win, he has respect for those guys who have been doing it since or longer than him and have almost as much political influence (Shawn,Nash,Hogan,rock and Austin etc). This could also fued that finally turns HH heel a role he is much better in as he was stale as a face and can be much more free in the ring and his best work as come as a heel. Outside of Cena, these two are the BIGGEST stars in the company, yeah bigger than Orton. SO many possibilities in which this could be booked. Think on raw, maybe a tag match between Taker & HHH vs Sheamus & Barrett. 20 minutes in Taker is groggy and Wade is aboit to strike the killer blow when HHH runs in too a HOT crowd with a sledgehammer and instead of nailing Wade destroys taker and pedigrees him I the middle of the ring, the rest is history. This is JUST one of the many ways this fued could be set up as they have Plenty of time. Shawn is the special guest ref making this bigger than it already is and pushing the odds in the games favor. In Bill lesnars mind if they cant get Sting a match with Triple H is the NEXT BEST THING.

Agreed?

HHH, when he returns, has other duties to take care of. I.E - Sheamus.

When The Undertaker returns, he has The Nexus/Corre. Like you said, Triple H vs Undertaker has been done before at WM17 and it was great. But Undertaker can't keep on facing the same opponent twice, otherwise there is just the obviousness of him winning. Did you really expect Kane to win second time around? Or HBK for that matter. As much as I would've liked him to, we knew it was never going to happen.
Granted, with Wade Barrett facing Undertaker, there is an obvious idea that Undertaker will win it hands down. But who knows? Maybe The Corre are just THAT good that they end up ruining it for anyone and everyone. At least this Wrestlemania would go down in history.

Anyways, I'd love to see Barrett fight Undertaker at WM in a month, mainly because it's something we've not seen before. I would like Wrestlemania to be full of lots of things we've not seen before, including;
A Breakout Star Winning MITB.
Matches That Have Never Happened Before or Have Happened 1/2 Times.
New Champs (ADR).
A New Opponent For Undertaker.
If all 4 of those things were to happen, and I've no doubt that 3 of them will, then I'll be happy about this year. I always like to see something new that will be more interesting than seeing a match that's taken place before. Plus, I think Barrett's got really good Mic/In-Ring Work, so it should be a good match. Both men are true Brawlers, so they're only going to be playing off of each other really.

Again, to just cap it off. As much as HHH vs Undertaker may be a great match, I'd rather see something we've not seen before, just to add to the Wrestlemania atmosphere, where in anything can happen.

Fuck sake we haven't seen taker vs HHH in 10 years. You don't want to see a match that hasn't happened before? why the fuck do you want HHH vs Sheamus a match that happened last year ago and was ORDINARY. If you cant see the storyline in this, the your an idiot plain and simple. It's obvious that they are saving Cena for next year...fair enough but if they fail to get someone from the outside, HHH is the next best thing. Know i didn't expect kane to win but that was a COMPLETELY different storyline in bringing back the dead man gimmick + Kane is no HHH, you cant compare the two. HBK was expected to lose because of retirement reports an they faced off back to back unlike HHH vs Taker which is a NEW fued. The PG audience or new crop of fans have most like NOT SEEN this.I hope you don't actually think Taker vs Barret will be an interesting prospect and lol wut at Wade going over taker.

My god your expectations are mediocre.

Mania needs star power/special attraction match. THIS.IS.IT

Yeah, ok, it was Ten Years ago. It was good, but you know, I'd look forward to seeing Barrett/Taker. Although I've read those ideas have been scrapped. I've also read HHH vs Undertaker w/HBK as Ref. Which would kill it for me, 'cos that would mean it was bias Triple H, but HBK would end up helping Taker or just giving in to being on HHH's side and actually admitting Taker is that good and counting for 3.

Yes Bill, I would like to see HHH vs Taker, it'd most likely be great, as long as both men are in a good condition. But if both men aren't on top form, the match will be lacking, obviously. However, to me, Barrett/Taker was interesting, because I am a Barrett fan, as well as a Taker fan, so that match interested me from the first moment I heard the prospect of it.
Wrestlemania will have star prospect with Orton vs Punk or Cena vs Miz. I will admit, that the big match of Taker vs HHH would bring HUGE amounts of Star Power to WM, and if HBK was to be the ref, then it would be even fucking bigger. I'd even be interested in seeing Sheamus vs Undertaker, don't tell me that wouldn't be interesting, 'cos it would.

I'm gonna stick with saying I'd like to see Barrett vs Taker. BUT, HHH vs Taker would be a damn good one as well.

There are pros and cons to having Taker/HHH at Mania. I wouldn't say this is a match for a new generation. I get the point, but it's not like Austin/Hogan that didn't happen. They could always watch the match on youtube. Or they can buy the DVD of WM 17. Bill, if it means that much to you, you should get the DVD too. If you do have it already, I can imagine you wearing Taker's hat, holding DX glow sticks and watching it in slow mo.

As I said before, I get your point, Bill. Wrestlemania needs high profile matches. Some matches, like HBK/Taker, could be repeated for different reasons. Obviously, the 2nd match was set apart from the 1st, as HBK's career was on the line.

Repeating Mania opponents for Taker, just does not appeal to me. If they couldn't beat him the 1st time, why would we believe that have a chance the next time around. Obviously at WM 17, the Streak was there, but wasn't as big as it was today. To have Trips beat him would have made more sense back then. It would have been another feather in the cap of Trips, as he wrestled in WWF/E for the next 10-15 years.

Having someone like Wade Barrett face him is a decent choice. Not that I think Barrett should beat him. But, in the grand scheme of things, HE has a better chance of defeating Taker then even Trips does. It is something WWE could use as they went along. It is obvious Barrett will be a main stay in the company, and having HIM end the Streak will always be something they could refer to as his career continues on.

Also, from Taker's perspective, it would be much better to add names to his list of WM Victims, as opposed to repeating names.

If we are just trying to throw together names that Taker has faced in the past... I say he should have a Gauntlet Match...

The Undertaker Vs. Albert, Jimmy Snuka and Giant Gonzalez. Maybe Jake "The Snake" Roberts could make some cameo appearance in this match. It has been 10 years since Taker/Trips. Oh my God, imagine the drama if Jake were involved. It has been 18 years since they faced off.

LOL... Gimme a break. Both Trips and Undertaker have slowed down a great deal. Sure, they have only wrestled ONCE at Mania. But for arguments sake, I have seen them wrestle many more times than once. It isn't anything I have been dying to see. Why? Cuz I HAVE seen it.

Overall, I think the drama for the match stays firm if Taker faces someone that you think WWE might have a reason to actually have them benefit from stopping The Streak. Trips, while he is a HUGE name, is a name on the list already, and what would WWE have to gain by Trips stopping The Streak?

NOTHING... Is the answer to that

It is revealed that it is Triple H. I am really disappointed. But nonetheless, it isn't like the match will suck. I don't see how they could just do away with the Sheamus/Trips angle. But whatever.

Lesnar, you must be happy!;)

It is revealed that it is Triple H. I am really disappointed. But nonetheless, it isn't like the match will suck. I don't see how they could just do away with the Sheamus/Trips angle. But whatever.

Lesnar, you must be happy!;)

Yeah I’m happy. Shit it’s not my first choice as I would easily prefer Cena vs Taker or even Goldberg just because I’m a HUGE fan of his work. But hey for me it’s MUCH better than Taker facing Barrett who in my opinion isn’t ready Wrestling wise. Taker hates having to work with largely untested opponents who he may have to carry and as I said before at this age he would most likely want to wrestle the guys with experience who can hold their own in the ring and carry taker himself through parts of the match much like Stings situation at the moment. It should be Big matches from here on in as he doesn’t have much time left. No more Mark Henrys or Alberts just the biggest of the biggest as the steak just gets bigger each growing year. Taker vs Barrett would largely be underwhelming and FORGETABLE if hey squared off. At an event like Extreme Rules or whatever it’s , but at Vince’s cherished creation wrestlemania? No thanks

In terms of repeating opponents it depends on who the guy he is facing is, and if there is an EPIC storyline which they can build their match on, and in HHH’s case there is. Right now I don’t see any name value in anyone other than Trips or Cena or possibly possibly Jericho. As you said the steak didn’t mean nearly as much way back when but it has clearly BEEN elevated now so there is a totally new dynamic to the Triple H vs Undertaker fued.
HBK took the whole streak thing and raised it to another level therefore it is VERY hard to top the business that those two did. Now after HBk had to put his career on the line at takers request what makes anyone else above doing that?. Taker will never lose the STREAK ever BUT Triple H is in a better position than anyone to make his chances believable. If they go for Career vs Streak HHH is fighting for his career and with all the backstage talk on where HHH is going with his new position in the company it is plausible that he will lose however at the same times it’s not impossible that he will lose, so the match isn’t as predictable as it may seem. They storyline is there, HHH has never had that CROWNING show stealing performance in his career which some say holds him back when putting him in a discussion with the best. He has watched HBK his best friend steal the show two years in a row but fail and ultimately lose his job. Now HHH wants to top what HBK has done, he wants the glory and he wants that crowning wrestlemania moment which he has never had (no not 18). There are many so many possibilities and directions for this story to head. So much history in there. It really writes itself and it is COMPLETELY different from what we saw 10 years ago.

Slowed down a great deal? Maybe but we all know that Taker brings his best at Mania and according to Officials they think he can work a good match. With triple H there is all sorts of motivation for him, the mania moment, topping HBK etc and there is CHEMISTRY there (chamber thing left me a fan, wanting more!). I disagree on Wade’s chances of breaking the streak. Taker has never been one to give back to the company so letting some young guy who he hasn’t worked with before etc take his crown jewel? I don’t think so. As well as the fact that taker will most likely have one more Mania (like he’s going out to Barrett of all people) probably against Cena which I think they are holding off for the 20-0. He’s the only one who has a chances of beating taker and even then he chances are virtually possible, would you want to buy a 19-1 dvd? What would WWE be gain by having Trips stop the streak, well add to his legacy, rewarding a guy who has DONE so much over the years, bosses daughter and future daughter etc many reasons. He won’t win anyway but for reasons listed above as well as others he has a better chance than Barrett. WWE doesn’t even know the direction that Wade Barrett is heading in yet. Yes he was BIG last year but to give a largely untested and unproven rookie something like taker’s streak is unthinkable and VERY risky business.

With the Sheamus angle, I don’t think he being buried no BUT he is being blamed for the ratings decline and being made the scapegoat for that poor summer. Triple H could Pedigree his ass on raw or he could just leave Sheamus alone and let him win the fued as he could well be gone from a wrestling role once Mania is gone. I was actually just reading the spam section and I wouldn’t mind that idea that nick B implied. That being the vids are actually Jericho fucking about in his cocky heel role from the late 90’s or early 2000s are even business vids. From there he puts down taker much like he did to Goldberg wanting a shot at the streak since he’s never had that match etc and you can go from there.

But yeah Crooked give this a chance. It should be EPIC. EVERYONE loves a bit of HBK and with him in there it adds even more to the spectacle and raises the stakes. Both guys will be getting HUGE reactions as they are returning blah blah blah. This could be HHH’s last WrestleMania and he will give it a good go (I think he has been much better in the ring from 2007-2010 than before 2006, he doesn’t touch pre quad injury sadly). The storyline, chemistry, name value and BIG MATCH feel is there. Bill Lesnar likes it.

Bill lesnar guarantees you will come out of this with your moneys worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back