• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestlemania 27 Card.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
As strange as it might sound, with some of the matches set up on there, it could be pretty interesting. We have the announced, sort of, half completed Card, along with an unannounced other half to it. If this is how Wrestlemania is going to end up, then it might be pretty good. Anyways, I'm in here to talk about the matches, my thoughts, possible early predictions, that I may change as the Road to Wrestlemania gradually draws closer.
So, with no further ado, I move onto talking about the "Unannounced Card" first, just to talk over some yet confirmed matches, that may or may not even happen. Firstly we have;

1) -The Corre vs Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian.
First two things that come to mind here are, end of a Stable and filler match. Now, with the four guys who may face up against The Corre see like quite a big set of guys, I mean, the power of Show and Kane make it up enough, along with the agility of Kingston and Christian. This could turn out to be a pretty enjoyable match, hopefully Elimination. If it wasn't, it might just into one of those matches where everyone hits their Finishers on someone else just so the Ring is clear for the winner to hit their Finisher and make a Pin, which is old by now. Elimination can make it much more interesting. I say 4-2 to The Corre, with Show and Kane the last two men left, who then manage to take the guys out and get the win.
Predicted Winners: Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian

2) - Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly and John Morrison vs LayCool and Dolph Ziggler
I'm glad that this match hasn't been announced yet. Why? Well, I think it would be a waste of Morrison and Ziggler, who could put on a perfectly good match with just the two of them, not needing the Divas. If there is a Diva's match taking place, which I'm coming onto soon, then why not put them into that? Please WWE, do that. I'm looking at this in a Singles Match point of view now, with a very athletic, back and forth match, full of high points, quick pins/reversals etc. Who gets the win is actually a difficult one to pick at the current moment, but I'll go out on a limb to say that John Morrison does it. Unless Vickie Guerrero turns up, in which case it goes to Ziggler.
Predicted Winner: John Morrison

3) - Daniel Bryan w/ Gail Kim vs Sheamus w/ The Bella Twins - U.S Title Match
Again, first thing that annoys me here, is, why have the Diva's in this? I know they'd only be in the corner but still, when did Sheamus start interaction with The Bella's? I know Kim is Bryan's girlfriend, but blech, put them in the Diva's Match as well. Anyways, I see if Sheamus is the Champ come next Monday, he'll be defending here. I see this being a match with a lot of Sheamus domination, but with some counter-action from Daniel Bryan eventually, which leads up to him eventually getting the win and earning the United States Title. Who knows, maybe Sheamus does a J.B.L and quits? I doubt that, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Undetermined Diva's Match
Make this a big Battle Royale for the Diva's Championship. There isn't a Number One Contender right now as she lost her shot on Monday, Nikki Bella losing to Eve in a Title Match. It seems a Custom to hold a Diva's Battle Royale at WM, so why not do one this year as well? I say Beth Phoenix becomes the new Diva's Champion and that Awesome Kong comes out at the end of the Match, beats down Phoenix and walks away.
Predicted Winner: Beth Phoenix

Now we shall move on.

Maincard.​

Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio
A match I'm really looking forward to. These two guys are really entertaining and I think Cody Rhodes in a future star. This match could be REALLY good, but all depends on the Crowd, they've been pretty hot with these two guys, so I'm hoping it will be all alright. I say Rhodes wins here, because he needs a boost if he's gonna get further with his career. Finally, he could get the face of Rey Mysterio revealed (again), but it would gain him some great heat if wins.
Predicted Winner: Cody Rhodes

Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole - Special Referee: Stone Cold
Jack Swagger is in Cole's corner, but I say Austin hits him with a Stunner early on to get rid of him. Austin should call it down the middle, but there's no way he will at all. Lawler to win this one and quick.
Predicted Winner: Jerry Lawler

World Heavyweight Title Match - Edge vs Del Rio
I say another good match here, with a lot of athleticism, back and forth action. Now, when Del Rio said he was going to win the Royal Rumble, he actually did. Many didn't believe him, but he did it. Now, he's been saying that at Wrestlemania, he will become the new World Heavyweight Champion, and I believe that he will be. He's one of the new generation of the influx of Superstars and he's also of the few people who could lead that generation.
Predicted Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton vs CM Punk
Now, anyone person from the New Nexus who beats Randy Orton gets to be in Punk's corner for their WM Match. The only person left to face Orton is Mason Ryan. I say he will be Punk's corner, then again he doesn't really need to. At this current moment in time, Punk needs a win more than Orton, so it would only make sense for him to win, just for that push back into the Main Event. It should be a pretty decent match, but Punk should get the win here, possibly with some help from a New New Nexus member, maybe on his own. All I say is he wins here.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

John Cena vs The Miz - WWE Title Match.
There's the possibility of The Rock being the special ref here, but with the possibility of there being a Ref in the next match as well as in the Cole match, we don't wanna overdo it. It's more than likely he will just get involved in this one. I see him siding strangely with The Miz, because he really truly dislikes Cena. Miz has had a 100+ day title run, which is the first one of it's kind in about 2 Years, it would be nice to see him carry it on for a while longer.
Predicted Winner: The Miz

The Undertaker vs Triple H - No Holds Barred
Now again, possibility of Shawn Michaels being the Specia Ref here, but it's not been confirmed yet. If Michaels is the Ref, it puts this match on a whole new level where I can't begin to imagine what happens. However, if he isn't, I see this being a great back and forth brawl between two of the WWE's biggest men. Multiple finishers from both men, as there always are, as it's a true showcase of what they can do. Expect to see Undertaker's Signature Wrestlemania Suicide Dive. However, much like the other men before him and including him, I expect to see Triple H come out of this the loser, bringing Taker up to 19-0. Should be an epic match though.
Predicted Winner: The Undertaker

Overall, I think this will be a great Wrestlemania.

What do you think?
What are your predictions?

You beat me to this:

So here are my current predicitions (threads of the past I made).

When will a Superstar learn not to mess with the Mask. Rey Mysterio rarely if ever loses when the Mske gets involved. Countless superstars have tried to remove the mask ultimately to lose the match the list inculdes the likes of CM Punk and Chris Jericho. If there was no mask involved in this match Rhodes wins but sadly they had to give Rhodes a mask as well. Now it eliminates the chances for Rhodes to get a much needed win. He is getting better as a Superstar and I could see this feud progressing in the future. I believe overall Rey Mysterio between the two superstars is the star who gets more fan attention. That is why he will the win and will receive his last Mania win.

Too many young superstars who can win. This Mania more than ever there are countless superstars who can come away with a victory who are up and coming. Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Cody Rhodes, probaly some form of Nexus and Corre, Daniel Bryan/Evan Bourne (probaly). There just isn't enough room on the card to allow everyone of them to get a win. Also, it woudn't make sense. It's impossible to have all these guys get wins to get pushes all on the same night and I feel Rhodes will be draw the small straw. I think they aren't marketing him right, right now and he just doesn't have all the star qualities to win.

Rey Mysterio is done. Rey is going to be gone soon and he deserves this. He has fone so much for the WWE has wrestled after injury after injury and honestly always does his best. It will be ashame to lose him but time will go on and he will be missed. The little Big man will get one more moment to shine on the grandest stage of them all and I think it will be his last. Sadly it comes at the expense of Cody Rhodes but somebody was going to lose. I think after this it will set up many great oppurtunities for Sin Cara who will most likely be the only masked Superstar unless Boogeyman returns (joking).

619 one last time at Mania.

I'm Back! And once again I will be creating my predicition threads for Mania and I have some catching up to do. Once again please enjoy the read and feel free to post your own comments. In this match we have Jerry Lawler Vs Michael with Jack Swagger in his corner, with Stone Cold Steve Austin as referee.

Winner Jerry Lawler

Michael Cole is too heel. There may be some case for argument for this but right now Michael is one of the biggest if not the biggest heel in the WWE. One problem he is a commentator and commentator's should not get massive reception...Ever. I know the premise of the match is very entertaining but honestly do we want for the next weeks to hear ravenous boo's directed toward a commentator. Considewr Michale Cole wins and we won't hear the end of it for a very long time to come. On the other hand a win by Jerry Lawler would be a nice treat for him and it would allow this Cole heat to slowly simmer down. I think this is necessary because Cole has been too high up for too long now and it's time to make him once again s commentator. Another thing that could simmer him down would be the reveal of the GM.

Nextly, Lawler just deserves a win at Mania. That last sentence was very hard for me to right because I dislike Lawler a lot but honestly the guy has been in the company forever and hasn't wrestled at Mania. I think in some ways this will be very similiar to the Bret Hart Match last year and I would assume this match would be used as a before a main event match. I think with all the accolades Lawler has it is honestly time to allow him to say
" I'm 1-0 at Mania." Michael Cole will never be a wrestler and never really have to get a win at Mania unlike Lawler who does have several title reigns in the past. Although It would be a cool swerve for Cole to win I don't think there is any chance for him to win.

Jerry Lawler will win because Stone Cold said so. Stone Cold this way showed great animosity towards Michael this past Raw although wishing him good luck. Now I could see the bell ringing and immediately Swagger gets sent to the locker room. Then you have a true one on one match and no Cole will not pull off an amazing victory. I waited to make this thread to see who the referee was and now I think it was for certain that Stone Cold will see Lawler win UNLESS they do a major screw ball and have Stone Cold turn heel in anticipation for Tough Enough. However unlikely it is possible.

Sadly Coleminers the King will still be on top.

So for my next wrestlemania predicition I have decided to do Punk Vs Orton. Before I start I know Randy Orton will face Punk one on one. So put that aside and listen to why Orton will win.

Randy Orton is better than Punk. At the moment Orton is a bigger superstar than CM Punk. True fact he has more sucess more pop and generally delivers better in the ring. He is the one who people think will come out on top and for sure he will. Punk right now seems a little dry right now and really hasn't done anything big lately. On the other hand Randy Orton has been punting people in the head eliminating Nexus members left and right. He is on a rampage and doesn't look like he is going to slow down anytime soo. Nexus honestly has been quiet recently and I think Nexus as a group will be ending soon. Randy Orton has been picking up several big "wins" on Raw be it in the form of an attack or match sucess and he is the one who is on top right now. If it is true that the top dog wins then in this case Randy Orton should come away with a victory.

Nexus has run its course. I might get some serious hate for this but I feel it is time for Nexus to go. Personally I think CM Punk killed Nexus. Instead of the classic "we walk alone" entrance theme we get Punk's music. It is sad but true. There is no way that if Nexus wins this match at mania they will disband any quicker. So in this scenario it is more than likely that Orton wins. There isn't a use for Nexus anymore and it seems that the other Nexus members aren't doing anything at Mania if the rumors are true that their will be no Nexus VS Corre at Mania. If they were involved in this match however I think I would give the win to Orton but considering they probaly won't I feel WWE is wasting them. They use to be so big but now they are lacking. I feel this could be the beggining of the end and possibly a Punk loss makes them lose faith in their leader. Anyways Orton wins,

Orton needs to look good. He is a badass face right now and I feel if they don't let him win then it ruins his reputation. He has two recent loses to the Miz at PPV's and it is clear he needs to get back on the PPV winning track. He needs to prove himself and what better way than to do it at the biggest stage of them all at Mania. I think this could cement his bad ass character and it could easily make him more of a face than he already is. Likewise if Punk wins he will become more of a heel. I would love it if this match ended with a punt to Punk's head but most likely after the match is over Nexus will make the save. Anyway I strongly believe this is Orton's match to win.

This will be the result of every Nexus member by the end of it.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=157059

Undertaker VS Triple H is now official. I am super excited for this match and with the other Mania matches is giving me opinion on why they will play out how they will. The title of the thread basically says who I know will win but here once again are my reasons.

He is 18-0 never lost. He is the best there is at Wrestlemania and nobody comes close to breaking his streak. He still has a little left in him and he will be the one going on top in this match,

Triple H is done. He doesn't have it in him to wrestle every week anymore. He already has a desk and office. There is no reason why he should win this if he has already thrown in the towel. He probaly will end up doing this to avenge Shawn but really he won't. Undertaker has a career wrestlemania victory over Triple and honestly I think it will be his second victory ultimately writing Triple H off.

Undertaker still has it. He can still do well in a match and he may not be as agile but his brtue power is all that matters. Yes this will be an awesome match and yes it will be a classic but honestly every time you knock Taker down he rises up. He can take a beating and he knows how to win. He has the pysciological edge and he is the best. Triple H will not be facing some nobody this year and that is why he will lose. Triple H may be the cerebral assain but Taker is the demon of death valley and it is time for Triple H to REST IN PEACE!.

After the way my previous thread on who will win the match at Mania turned out I have decided to go on and create one for the World Heavyweight Championship match. As we all know Alberto Del Rio will challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Mania. Now the match itself hasn't been officially announced but I am without a shadow of a doubt that Del Rio will lose. Here are my reasons as to why Del Rio will not win at Mania.

70% of wrestlers according to the Royal Rumble promos go on to win the championship at Wrestlemania. Now the odds are in the favor for Del Rio but history itself does not bode well for the superstar. Last year at the Rumble Edge ended up winning the Rumble after making a return to the WWE. His Wrestlemania match was against none other than Chris Jericho. We all thought it was going to be Edge who came out with the title but no it was not. This year it is Alberto Del Rio's turn to try and test his luck after winning the Rumble. I believe Edge will win because last year he did not get his win and they will do the same to the up and coming Alberto Del Rio.

If you just open your eyes and read the results for Elimination Chamber you will know that Christian has returned to the WWE. And not only did he return but he returned to the aide of Edge after an assault by Del Rio. I don't care if this match ends up being a Triple Threat Match or a one on one match Christian WILL get involved in this match somehow. Why? Because Alberto Del Rio tried to end Christian's career. Now it is Christian's turn to ruin Del Rio's mania moment. It would make perfect sense as instead of hurting Del Rio physically he can hurt his repuatation in the WWE. (In a way). Last year another foreign superstar tried to make a name for himself at Wrestleania, his name was Sheamus. And if anyone has anything of a memory they would know that Sheamus lost to Triple H. Same thing this year? My guess is YES! Also isn't it a coincidence that Edge and Christian were one of the only tag teams to maintain their title at back to back Manias? I think Edge will win his title.

Edge is the Ultimate Oppurtunist. He will find any way to win. He is by far the more established star and he knows how to win on the big stage. He also knows how to beat any superstar given the right tactics. He beat Kane after getting Paul Bearer killed. Who says Edge can't do the same to Ricardo Rodriguez. As Edge is the ultimate oppurtunist he can clearly find a way to win this match.

Del Rio may say it is his destiny. I think not.

As we all know The Miz faces John Cena at Wrestlemania for the WWE title. I'm saying right now the Miz will win the match still being champion after this. Now I know how absurd this may sound, but there are certain things in place to make this happen. Note that I am not a Miz mark I am just giving my reasons on why Miz wins at Mania.

The Miz needs this win. He has retained the title plenty but he still hasn't proven himself champion in the eyes of the WWE Universe. If he gets a win over John Cena by any means he has cemented himself as an established champion. Even if he was to win with help it's still a cementing wins in front of the WWE fans. I know it is not exactly the same as this event but John Cena lost several matches this past wrestling year due to interference. What did it do? It put over everyone of those superstars who messed with Cena. Miz still needs to be put over and this is the oppurtunity of a lifetime to establish the Miz as a Main eventer. This match is a stepping stone towards the future. You have many superstars that will be leaving WWE soon and you need to establish superstars. This is one way in making sure this clearly happens.

John Cena will not be focused. Let me think who is the Guest Host of Mania? Oh that's right, the same person Cena told to blow him. Is it a coincidence that they will both be in the same place at the same time and happen to be feuding with each other? I think not. I know you could say the same about the Miz and the Rock but the scenario is different in that the Miz and Rock have no history. I think the Rock gets involved in this match somehow allowing the Miz to win. This is a credible win for the Miz and it will be believable in the eyes of the WWE Universe. Even if it is for a second where Cena turns his back on the Miz to stare down Rock from afar and Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale for the win. I believe the Rock VS Cena is a match we might possibly see in the future and what a better way to help fuel this feud.

Miz is awesome. Well that's not exactly the point on why the Miz will win but it does divulge into it. The Miz has been built up from a United States Champion to A United States Champion and tag Champion, to Mr. Money in the Bank, to WWE Champion. He clearly is putting in the effort that is needed to become champion and remain champion. He even has his own apprentice and he isn't even really an established star yet. If Cena wins this all that will be wasted in order for Cena to get another Mania moment. This is the Miz's time to shine and what better place then the grandest stage if them all. He has media connections that would help advertise the WWE so much if he was able to retain the title against another major icon John Cena. This is gold for Vince and I'm sure he knows it. The WWE has invested so much in the Miz and there just miliking the money now.

It adds change. In my final point I would like to sum everything up to it adds change. Everyone thinks without a shadow of a doubt Cena will win. That is way too predicatable. They have cena getting sympathy for having a rough year and he's Supercena so they expect him to win anyway where as the Miz is written off as unable to beat Cena. Back when they first faced off at the Bash Miz came out every week saying how he is better than Cena and has a winning record against Cena. Well Cena won the actual match and is up 1-0. It's time for Miz to even the score.

In the words of the Miz " I'm 1-0, 17 wins away from tying the Undertaker"

Sorry for some of the wird spacing from the one's above. In some of those I had videos there on the original post and they didn't turn out here. Also for the one it only shows a thread title it was basically Nikki beating Gail at Mania

I disagree with many of your predictions, and agree with others. Which is a given, but you do prove your points well. I wish I'd done it like you and spaced out how long I done it over 'cos that did take quite a while.

Right, as announced on Raw today, we will not be seeing Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly and JoMo vs Dolph Ziggler and LayCool, instead we will be seeing;

Dolph Ziggler and Laycool w/Vickie Guerrero vs JoMo, Trish Stratus and Snookie.
I see this one going to the Faces for two reasons. 1) It's Wrestlemania and you have to please the Crowd somehow. 2) They seem like the Team with the "Star Quality", what with Trish's WWE Return, Snookie and then just JoMo. All in all, it should be a pretty entertaining match, looking forward to see how Snookie comes over in a Wrestling Manner, or whether she sits there and watches the entire match. At least with a 6-Person Tag, she has two people to hide behind and they're both seasoned Wrestlers. But yeah, this could be quite fun.
Predicted Winners: JoMo, Trish and Snookie.

So this was the thread I made for the Tag match

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who would have ever thought that Snooki was going to be in a wrestlemania match. Not me. So announced tonight we will se LayCool and Ziggler VS Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki. Oh boy, this is going to be a fun prediction.

Celebrities don't lose at Mania. I couldn't tell you if a celebrity has ever loss at Mania, I know legends who come back have lost but never a celebrity. This almost guarentees Team Snooki the victory. I don't think it would hurt or help either side winning or losing because well the only real future wrestlers in this match are Ziggler and Morrison (Laycool for Divas). I think this match has filler written all over it and honestly in the long run hurt both Ziggler and Morrison's career. I think this match could have been done in a lot of ways but I understand why they are doing it like this. Although I might have rather seen somehow McIntyre incorporated someway in this match instead of Morrison but that's just my opinion. Back to the prediction, if Snooki remains in this match then I think for sure this goes to Stratus and Snooki and Morrison. Does anyone else feel this is a personal insult to TNA for attempting a Jersey Shore mockery. Maybe.

Morrison has been so close to a Main event. I think a loss in a mixed tag match would really set him back. Then again one could argue that Ziggler has been in the Main event as well but I think he is already established himself as a possible maineventer because he does have a WHC reign (however bad it was.) I think Morrison deserves this and I honestly think he has the skills to be always a main event canidate. Dolph however is the same except for he can also be a credible Midcard title holder even if it is a temporary thing. Part of me is very scared that John Morrison might end up feuding with Sheamus for the US Title which I think would be an absolute joke so maybe with a win in this match he can stay above absolute hell.

Trish>Laycool. Fact. She has basically beaten the two of them at once at ELimination Chamber. There is no reason why now she would end up losing to the two especially when you have to tag in and out. I know Vickie is in their corner but honestly that doesn't matter. I think it would make her look weak going into Tough Enough if she lost and I think they should have her pull off the win. However I believe Snooki will be the one to get the final pinfall whic really is a shame considering Morrison should be the one to beat Laycool member. I think though that Laycool can lose because it is an equal numbers game.

WINNER TEAM SNOOKI MORRISON AND STRATUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back