I Thought Shannon Moore Was Pretty Good

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So I was watching Moore's match at Destination X 2010 against Doug Williams and thought he was really impressive and should have got a better deal in TNA.

Sure he probably wouldn't have gotten farther than midcard but wrestling needs good midcarders.

He could wrestle, had good offence and a good look. Sure he wasn't brilliant on the mic (he problem he shares with his friends the Hardys) but he was competent.

I feel he should've won the tag titles in Ink Inc at least once (heck I feel he carried Jesse Neal throughout their tenure) and he'd be a good person to put in the X-Division and TV title hunt.

What say you??

In-ring ability is great. A lot of poeple have it. I find it very difficult to judge a guy based on 5 minute TV matches. They are just spot fests and so systematic, each guy gets in a lil offense and they go home.

The problem is, most guys have no ability to connect with an audience.

The goal is to make people care about you. Care if you win or lose.

Combined with wrestling skills then you have something that is worth watching and spending money on.

Could Shannon Moore have a 30 minute match without the fans changing the channel??

I'm a bit surprised myself that Shannon Moore did not accomplish much in TNA. I would have liked to see him win both the X Division Championship and the Tag Team Championship. He was able to work decent matches and I enjoyed his DILLIGAF promos. Had he ever been given the chance, Moore could have made a good X Division Champion. Shannon Moore also did something that at one point I thought would be impossible. Moore made me care about Jesse Neal. Until Ink Inc, I found Jesse Neal to be a waste of a roster spot. I ended up finding their tag team to be quite entertaining and am shocked that they never won the belts together. Had Neal stuck around longer it might have happened. Someone with Shannon's talent should have had a more successful run in both WWE and TNA, oh well.

Never liked him to be honest. He was there, now he is gone. He was always sloppy whether it was one on one matches or tag team matches, Moore was not good. His ring work was meh and he never made me care about Neal either. If it's a matter of could Moore done more in TNA, sure. He could of been XDivision champion and that's fine but he is better off not being on the roster. Again, just my opinion on the topic.

I liked Moore along with Jesse Neal when they were a tag team Ink Ink. I thought they were good together, good fit. I think they should have been given more success in the tag division. if they were still there right now I think they would fit in really good with the other teams and be given title matches. I would certainly prefer them over Chavo/Hernandez.

It is hard to fathom why there is a post on here about a true never-was in professional wrestling like Shannon Moore. To use a quote by Mark Madden, Shannon Moore "Never drew a dime." He wasn't interesting in WWE or TNA and his gimmick fell flat. The dilligaf booking was dreadful and most true "punks" probably considered him a joke. Glad he's doing tattoos and not on the TV any more ... that seems like a win for most wrestling fans.

It is hard to fathom why there is a post on here about a true never-was in professional wrestling like Shannon Moore. To use a quote by Mark Madden, Shannon Moore "Never drew a dime." He wasn't interesting in WWE or TNA and his gimmick fell flat. The dilligaf booking was dreadful and most true "punks" probably considered him a joke. Glad he's doing tattoos and not on the TV any more ... that seems like a win for most wrestling fans.

The same reason people talk about Tyson Kidd, Michael McGuillity and other people. Because they reckon they could do more.

His gimmick didn't fall flat. Because he wasn't used as much as he could've people weren't as attached. You can only do so much with limited appearances. And from what he had Moore didn't do to badly.

He was good!

I miss Ink Inc !

They had great tag teams around 2010-2011. Ink Inc, Beer Money, Motorcity Machine Guns.

Best tagteam division by far.

Eh, I never really warmed up to the guy. He had decent ability in the ring but, then again, so do a lot of guys. His Ink Inc. character had a different look about it him but, personally, I just never took him seriously. The whole DILLIGAF thing only made it all the more absurd.

Moore didn't accomplish much in TNA and I didn't really expect him to. If he was in TNA now with the X Division nothing more than a random assemblage of interchangeable high flyers, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a run with the X Division Championship. Aside from the slight spark of hope generated by King & Sabin last Thursday that it might get back to something relevant, Moore wouldn't be any worse than guys like Ion or York. With the tag team scene pretty low right now, if Moore & Neal were both there, I could see them getting a run with the tag titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back