I reckon Bobby Lashley could beat Brock Lesnar

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
He's 4-0 now. He took down Bobb Sapp with so much ease it was scary, then beat him so bad on the floor that he was tapping out for about twenty seconds before the ref actually stopped the fight.

I reckon he could dethrone Lesnar. If not, you've still got yourself one hell of a money match.

Come on now, Sam. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Bob Sapp is shit. Always has been, always will be. And Lashley's three other wins were nothing to brag about. You put Lashley in the ring/octagon against Frank Mir or Heath Herring or Randy Couture, the dude is going to get fucking smashed. Lashley has some raw talent, but he's still yet to show us anything special. So, until he gets in there with some serious competition, I will remain to have doubts about the guy. Would Lesnar vs. Lashley right now draw? Yes, but it would also end up being a disappointment because Lesnar would finish the guy off in under a minute.

But really, what has Lesnar shown us that's so special? He's a big freak with raw potential, who's only now being cultivated BECAUSE he got a big break and can now train with the best. If Lashley was given the same opportunity, and had the chance to train with some of the best; I think he'd easily give Lesnar a run for his money, if not be something to talk about.

Come on now, Sam. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Bob Sapp is shit. Always has been, always will be.

Yeah, but he's a big fucker.

Lesnar and Lashley aren't so different. Like Brian says, it's only because of Lesnar's benefits that really sets them apart. With a good team and proper preparation, I reckon Lashley could give him a run for his money.

Lesnar is much more athletic and capable on the mat then Bob Sapp. Sapp is just a freak sideshow in the world of MMA now.

Let Lashley come up to the major leagues in UFC and fight someone legitimate and then we can get a more accurate observation of what he can do. I'm also going to reserve judgement until after the Lesnar-Mir fight to see where Brock is at as he looks phenomenally better after each of his fights. The progress he makes between matches is incredible.

But really, what has Lesnar shown us that's so special?

The guy knocked out Randy Couture. He fucking dominated Heath Herring. He was killing Frank Mir before getting caught. He may kill Frank Mir in a couple of weeks. These are three of the greatest Heavyweights the sport has ever seen, and Brock competed with every single one of them, and won two of those fights, decisively, and might win the third. It's like I said, put Lashley in the ring with any of those guys, and he gets smashed.

Also, I don't like hearing this "Brock is big and that's the only reason he wins" crap. Bob Sapp, the man Lashley crushed, is 50 pounds heavier than Brock Lesnar. If size was everything in the sport, then Sapp would currently be the UFC Champion. But he's never been able to get in the UFC, even though he's bigger and stronger than everyone there. And you know why? Because size means absolutely nothing when you’re in there with someone who can fight. And in all of his 3 UFC bouts, Brock was in there with someone who can fight. In Lashley’s 4 fights, he was in there with nobodies. Right now, there should be no comparisons between Lesnar and Lashley, because Lesnar’s on a completely different level than that dude.

Lashley would need a lot of training to get to Lesnar's level from what I could tell. If it is any indication, Bob Sapp was beat because he did not have the speed that Lesnar has, and that is not even close. You have a man of Lesnar's speed, and his size, and you have trouble. Lashley doesn't have the speed, and Lesnar has the extra strength.

the best way to to describe Lesnar is an absolute animal never have i seen a guy move so fast at that size, he has so much natural talent its scary and after he beats frank the MMA world is gonna be in shock because heres a guy that was a proffesional wrestler, then decided to train in MMA and in 4 bouts in the UFC has shown that he is nearly unstoppable wait like 5 more fights he's gonna be twice as good as he is now

Yeah it is WAY too soon to be singing the praises of Lashley. He's prepared himself very well thus far and has infact looked impressive, but let's not pretend for even a minute that Bob Sapp is anything but a shell of his former self. The man has pretty much given up on caring about winning matches and is in the game strictly for money. Taking down an old, quickly tired Sapp doesn't exactly scream World Heavyweight Champion material to me personally.

Honestly, I've always thought Sapp was a little bitch to be honest. As BJ Penn put it, "If you tap to strikes, you're a bitch".

Lesnar would probably destroy him at this point if you ask me. Give Lashley some time to build up some more experience and then maybe he'd take Lesnar. Maybe.

Lashley is fighting int he minor leagues thus far, and Lesnar has looked damn good in all of his UFC matches to date. Even his loss to Mir, Lesnar was smashing him in that match, and jjust made a rookie mistake against a guy that is considered the best heavyweight the UFC has to offer.

Plus, amateur background, Lesnar is far more accomplished then Lashley, and I take Lesnars mat skills over Lashleys any day of the week. It's not a knock on Lashley, but Lesnar is just that damn impressive.

However, If Lashley gets the UFC treatment in the near future, and gets the proper trianing like Lesnar has been getting, I think he could over take Lesnar. Lashley with that military family background seems like he would be far more disciplined then Lesnar. Give this a few years, and it could be huge.

Lesnar worked on a farm, Shocky. A fucking farm. They had pigs and shit. He must be very disciplined. Also, he says he's a hard worker. I believe him.

However, Lesnar admits that as an amateur wrestler, he wasn't the most technical guy, he was just big and strong. Seems like a similar story to his MMA career so far.

However, Lesnar admits that as an amateur wrestler, he wasn't the most technical guy, he was just big and strong. Seems like a similar story to his MMA career so far.

Sam, you don't win the National Championship in wrestling by being big and strong. It takes skill. In fact, just look at this match Brock had against Stephen Neal. Now, Brock loses this bout by only one point, but it's one of the greatest College wrestling matches of all time, and it's against someone who is bigger and stronger than Brock. Someone who is one of the greatest collegiate wrestlers, ever. Someone who is currently an Offensive lineman for the best team in all of American Football and has 3 Super Bowl rings. Someone who Tito Ortiz said if he wasn't a football player, he would've been dominating the Heavyweight Division in the UFC for nearly the past ten years. Stephen Neal was the fucking man, dude.

This was for the 1999 National Championship. For Brock to put up such a great fight against someone like Stephen Neal proves just how much skill he had in the sport.

Plus, I'm sure during his collegiate career, Brock faced plenty of guys bigger and stronger than him. And looking at his record, I'm sure he beat plenty of those guys too.

This notion that he's accomplishing what he's accomplishing is only because of his size is completely false. If size was everything, Hong-Man Choi would've easily defeated Fedor Emelianenko. But since size means absolutely nothing, Hong-Man Choi got schooled quickly in that fight.​

Sam, you don't win the National Championship in wrestling by being big and strong. It takes skill.

I said most. Why does nobody look at the exact wording of my posts?

But since size means absolutely nothing, Hong-Man Choi got schooled quickly in that fight.

Absolutely nothing? Why, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that at all. How much more did Lesnar weigh than Couture?

I said most. Why does nobody look at the exact wording of my posts?

But he was technical. Not the most, sure, but the way you put it implies that he had hardly any technical ability.

Absolutely nothing? Why, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that at all.

Absolutely nothing is a bit overstating it, I'll admit that much, but the same time... I still feel at the end of the day, it doesn't mean much. If it did, then Bob Sapp would be able to defeat Randy Couture. But if they were to meet, I'd be so sure in Randy winning, that I'd put everything I own up for grabs.

How much more did Lesnar weigh than Couture?

How much more did Chuck Liddell weigh more then Randy Couture? None, and yet... Liddell defeated him twice.

And also, Gonzaga and Tim Sylvia are both huge and Randy manhandled them. And he showed against Lesnar that he had the power to match up with him. He just got caught, just like in the two Liddell fights he lost.

I have seen every Lesnar match since he came into MMa, and same with Lashley. I would wager money on either, no matter who they were going to fight. However, watching Lashley is so much more impressive. He finishes opponents any way that is possible. He submitted a guy before they even hit the ground in his third fight. Lesnar has never, and probably will never submit anyone. He should have ended his fight with Heath Herring so many times, but had no ground game. Don't get me wrong, they are both exciting as fuck to watch, but I would pick Lashley to win. It's not like the guy can't take a punch, he took some from Bob Sapp, but the guy is a huge muscle, and theres no way to get a good jaw shot on the guy. Not only would I pay $100 to see the fight, I would wager another $100 on Lashley and take the great odds.

Lashley has skill but Lesnar was D1 National champ and that is not to be underestimated... plus he's far better at striking than Lashley... while he has a future Lesnar is real deal even if he loses this weekend it will prob be like first fight where Mir gets his ass kicked whole fight and busts out one move

I just don't see Lashley beating Lesnar.

Lashley has looked good in his fights, but they wern't anything to get excited about. He hasn't faced a big name in their prime, or in fact a big name that's still got something to offer. Compare that to Lesnar, he killed Mir before a rookie mistake. He tonked Mir last night, and he can take hits too. He took a huge knee to the head, but still stuck with it and then knocked the shit out of Mir.

If Lashley got the UFC training, the high level, he'd be very good. But if I'm being honest, I don't even see him beating Frank Mir. I don't see Lashley being as technically sound as you need to be, to be a champion. I just think Mir would murder Lashley there, so what hope does Lashley have against Lesnar? His technical skills have improved drastically. He's much more aware of his game plan.

Unless Lashley gets some big wins under his belt, he wouldn't even earn the right to think about fighting Lesnar. IF Lashley can beat Mir & Corture, then I'll think about it. Even then, Lesnar would tonk Lashley out within the first round.

Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley will be a big match and I definitely see it happening in the future. If Dana White doesn’t cash in on this match he is an idiot, plain and simple. The whole world is going to be watching this match if and when it happens. It won’t only be the MMA fans who will be watching, but I’m sure there will be a lot of wrestling fans (who aren’t MMA fans) watching once they find out who he is fighting.

Anyways, from what I have heard Lashley has looked impressive in his fights but wouldn’t be ready for a fight with Lesnar. He has only gotten one big win, and it was over a man like some have said already a shell of his former self. I think we need to first see Lashley get some wins over some big names who aren’t shells of their former selves, then I will be able to say whether or not Lashley could defeat Lesnar or not. For now I’m going to say he wouldn’t stand a chance against Lesnar because of the various variables. Lesnar gets some of the best training anyone could possibly get, he has already fought way more experienced fighters and defeated them, I’m sure there is other variables but those are the only two I can think of for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back