• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I need some computer help.

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
Is there a way to make a password locked folder to put my internet Shortcut in? My brothers fiancee' goes into my Google Chrome and that is where I put all my passwords.

Is there even such a thing as a password locked folder?

Then tell her not to go onto your google chrome

Is there a way to make a password locked folder to put my internet Shortcut in? My brothers fiancee' goes into my Google Chrome and that is where I put all my passwords.

Is there even such a thing as a password locked folder?

The easiest thing to do would be to create another User Account on your machine, and password protect your account. Have your account and a guest account.

As far as putting a password on a folder, not only is it not really viable, it wouldn't solve your problem at all, since you'd just be password protecting the Shortcut, not the actual program.

What Operating System do you have, and what version (Basic, Home or Professional)? How often do other people mess with your computer?

The easiest thing to do would be to create another User Account on your machine, and password protect your account. Have your account and a guest account.

As far as putting a password on a folder, not only is it not really viable, it wouldn't solve your problem at all, since you'd just be password protecting the Shortcut, not the actual program.

What Operating System do you have, and what version (Basic, Home or Professional)? How often do other people mess with your computer?

Well, I don't really know. All I know is that it was bought at Wal-Mart. I have a Windows Compaq Presario. Plus, she is on it practically everyday. It is just me and her, because my Mom knows to stay out (I have her a Moxilla Firefox set up). I am also almost certain that she would not go look for anything not on the desktop.

Well, I don't really know. All I know is that it was bought at Wal-Mart. I have a Windows Compaq Presario. Plus, she is on it practically everyday. It is just me and her, because my Mom knows to stay out (I have her a Moxilla Firefox set up). I am also almost certain that she would not go look for anything not on the desktop.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Post of the year

Hold down you Windows key on your keyboard (the one that looks like the Windows logo) and press "Pause" on your keyboard. It should pop up a little thing which will tell you the information I asked for.

If that is the easiest way then I shall do it. Thank you Sly.

Make sure to give her the new account, and keep the current one as your own. Plus, you could even set her account as a "Limited Account", so you could fuck with her nice and good.

Make sure to give her the new account, and keep the current one as your own. Plus, you could even set her account as a "Limited Account", so you could fuck with her nice and good.

What is the difference from a regular account and a Limited Account?

What is the difference from a regular account and a Limited Account?

Limited Account can't change a lot of settings, and can't install programs to the computer. Honestly, most user should be under Limited Account if you don't know what you're doing, as it will HELP prevent virus and attacks and such. You would just have to go into an Administrator account to install things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back