I Miss Drew McIntyre, Do You?

1. Do any of you feel the same way as I and want to see Drew pushed once again the way he was before?
I'm not sure why anyone was ever high on this guy, hes not very good at all. His promo's are boring, he lost what little momentum he had after they broke up up with Cody Rhodes. He's not interesting and his "Chosen One" Status is long gone.

2. What do you think needs to happen in order for him to regain his credibility?
Maybe if Vince himself came out and managed him he could regain his credibility, I mean Vince did wonders for Lesner when he booking him as the "Real Brock Lenser" for a period of time on Smackdown.

3. Will we ever see him as a World Champion?
I'm really surprised he hasn't been released yet, and he's been a World Champion, a World Tag Team Champion

I wish he wouldve become the world champion vince mcmahon "chose" him to be. He would make a great champion and they could make some intense storylines and great feuds with him, considering they use the right people with him.

The only thing I miss about Drew McIntyre is his entrance ramp pose. It's gay, even for a form of entertainment which entails men oiling themselves up, putting on spandex and pretending to it eachother. Apart from that, no. As far as heels go on Raw, he's somewhere near the back of line. You've got an incredible heel main event seen of R-Truth, The Miz, Alberto del Rio and CM Punk. Then, if you look at the midcard heels on Raw, you've got Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and Mason Ryan. Only then does Drew McIntyre come into the equation. With the exception of Ryan, the werstlers listed are much better than McIntyre. They have more charisma and personality and I enjoy them in the ring more.

The answer to the question "what does McIntyre need?" is simple. Vince. He needs Vince to get his hands dirty and become Mr. McMahon again. He's the "Chosen One", right? That's his gimmick? Well, they need to show that. Vince needs to manage him if they want McIntyre to become relevant again. He also obviously needs TV time and a nice angle to get his teeth into.

Will we ever see him as World Champion? Not for the forseeable future. His needs to become relevant again and progress from there. WWE management clearly sees something in the guy. After all, he got that mega-push in late 2009 and early 2010 where he was undefeated and considered a lock as a world champion. So yeah, if he can recapture that, I see no reason why he won't be.

Not really, I liked him at first but I've gone off him a bit now, there are better heels out there. He's gotta compete with the likes of Del Rio and Mizanin, not to mention Swagger, the king of failed pushes, is less of a jobber than he is.

Who knows, if Mack steps up his game in R-Truth fashion over the next year, maybe he'll interest me again, like he did back as IC Champ Teddy Long-hating Drew.

I feel McIntyre shares a lot in common with DiBiase. Potential to be good, hasn't had a chance to really shine yet, but we'll see.

Just out of interest who did he tick off in back, and what over?

1. Do any of you feel the same way as I and want to see Drew pushed once again the way he was before?

Not really. The guy is just so anti-interesting. People claim he is just being cold and calculating in the ring, but there's a BIG difference between being a meanie and being boring.

2. What do you think needs to happen in order for him to regain his credibility?

I said in the MiTB general thread that Wade has the star power that even if he hasn't been doing shit for weeks, all he needs is one big segment to make people go "?!" I bring Wade up because him and Sheamus are constantly compared to Drew. I don't think Drew has charisma. He looks like a random tall guy with long hair. If nothing else, that Chosen One push should've shown that the guy has some natural intrigue. It didn't.

I really think the best choice would be a total overhaul, including a new hair cut and tights. He looks and acts exactly the same as he did when that bomb of a push happened. People don't care that he has "improved," they just seem him as some boring dude.

3. Will we ever see him as a World Champion?

We saw Christian get a title reign.. ;)

I don't miss Drew McIntyre one bit. He had a solid look and a great song, and it all fell off from there. Average wrestling ability, average mic skills, average crowd working ability, average angle working ability... average in just about every way. Vince may have saw the potential in this kid to give him the endorsement that he did, but Drew has failed to live up to that potential. Perhaps he's distracted by the life of a WWE Superstar, perhaps life at home is what's preventing him from achieving the next level, but no excuse can make up for the fact that he is average in nearly every way.

So to answer your questions...

1) I don't want to see him pushed until he has proven that he can talk, wrestle, and work an angle.
2) When did he ever have credibility? But if he wants credibility at all he needs to improve in just about every category.
3) He has as much a chance as any of Vince's failed pet projects, which is slim but there. If I had to bet, though, I'd say no.

He's gone? I totally forgot he existed. Thanks for reminding me. His "Chosen One" gimmick was great at first but after time has passed by he just drifted off into no where. He can't talk, his wrestling ability is nothing special. He had really cool music but that was about it. If Vince gives that big of a push and you still can't succeed then that shows a lot about the person.

1. not really, i highly dislike drew and couldnt care less if he is pushed, he can wrestle people all he wants, maybe even win the IC or US title but thats about it.
2. he never lost his credibility, he is still booed, only difference is that they stopped pushing him, and giving him promos that were so annoying that i had to not be lazy and push the mute button.
3. anything is possible, we saw miz get the WWE belt (though he sucks), sheamus was tossed into the main event instantly (just using him as an example of the occasional randomness of the wwe), so he could win it at some point.

The only thing I miss about Drew McIntyre is his entrance ramp pose. It's gay, even for a form of entertainment which entails men oiling themselves up, putting on spandex and pretending to it eachother. Apart from that, no. As far as heels go on Raw, he's somewhere near the back of line. You've got an incredible heel main event seen of R-Truth, The Miz, Alberto del Rio and CM Punk. Then, if you look at the midcard heels on Raw, you've got Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and Mason Ryan. Only then does Drew McIntyre come into the equation. With the exception of Ryan, the werstlers listed are much better than McIntyre. They have more charisma and personality and I enjoy them in the ring more.

You make a good point here and it's a reason why I thought he should have stayed on Smackdown. Raw is pretty stacked with heels and as Drew didn't have much momentum coming over then I always feared the worst for the guy. Well, worst prior to being future endeavored, which would be a helluva future shock in itself.

I like the guy but I'll admit he needs to do improve. However just because a guy is poor now doesn't mean he wont improve in due time. When he got the 'Chosen One' gimmick he was what, 23? 24? Can we really be that critical of a young guy who couldn't make a gimmick last when it was a massive step-up from where he had been before?

It's quite frustrating when people are written off so early on in their career when history offers plenty of examples of guys who started off poor but then worked their way up the ladder, Miz being the most recent example of this. Perhaps too much was expected of Drew too soon and I know there is a lot of impatience within the IWC, but let's just wait and see.

If he's going to stay on Raw, maybe a brief face turn would help him. Maybe have him congratulating Kelly on winning the Divas title only to be interrupted by Miz or even Del Rio & have that lead to a match. Otherwise, he needs to come out & utterly destroy Rey or someone and say that he's tired of not being noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back