Drew McIntyre - Face Turn?

Will Drew McIntyre be a successful face?

• No, he should turn heel again.

• Yes, he is built to be a face

• Yes, but he shouldn't be a full pledged face. He should have a gimmick like Orton's.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackiz Kirey

Dark Match Winner
Last night on Smackdown, Drew McIntyre saved Kelly Kelly from LayCool. That means that Drew McIntyre turned face... but how could he be face when he looked incredibly weak facing the Big Show, Cody Rhodes, and Dolph Ziggler in the fatal four way? He was out of the ring most of the time, getting knocked down by the Big Show... but this can improve. He is the next Randy Orton after all. He is young, like Randy Orton, he is sinister, like Randy Orton is the Viper, and he is very popular, like Randy Orton. Will Drew's face turn be like MVP's or will he be a success?

I didnt answer the poll question because I didnt see the answer that imma put down on here. Just because he went out and saved Kelly doesn't mean he's a full blown face in my mind, hell I could be the biggest ahole in the world but if it ment I was gonna get a piece I'd save the gal lol. Granted I know its fake and he's really with the recently released tiffany. But ya dude I just dont see him makin a face turn, nor do I think he should either. The guy has a wreckless evil, but yet quite side to him that could go big places, and whos to say that in the end Kelly isn't the one who ends up turning heel. Just my opinion but ya I just dont see the face turn going down. Big things for Drew will come though, he might tease the face turn but keep on doing heel things and the switch will never end up going down.

Mcintyre is going to stay heel and he should. It is just a program with Kelly Kelly. Drew's heel character is getting rebuilt because we haven't seen much of him in the last few months. He won the tag titles but he never did much. He wasn't cutting promos or wrestling any singles matches. You can tell within the last few weeks we have seen more and more of him. By the way, LSN80s is doing a series like this so I wouldn't make any more of these threads.

Mcintyre is going to stay heel and he should. It is just a program with Kelly Kelly. Drew's heel character is getting rebuilt because we haven't seen much of him in the last few months. He won the tag titles but he never did much. He wasn't cutting promos or wrestling any singles matches. You can tell within the last few weeks we have seen more and more of him. By the way, LSN80s is doing a series like this so I wouldn't make any more of these threads.

Well, I don't care if LSN80 is making a thread like this. Is he a moderator? No he is not. I made this thread first and it is STAYING mine.

I think Drew would make a great face. He always gets a good reaction from the crowd and he can be an anti-hero like Orton. Look at the reaction Orton gets now. Drew can do that too.

im from jacksonville florida,and i went to high school with kelly kelly.she was a senior my 10th grade year.She was always hot,but damn shew has aged great.anyways i am a huge suporter of Drew's.i thik he would be an awesome tweener as he reminds me of HHH when him and HBK first started appearing together.So now Drew just has to find his HBK,im thinking either JoMo, or Jonny Curtis.If JoMo wins the big1 i hope he shocks the fans and turns heel,and help Drew win the U.S title...maybe this thing with Drew & Kelly Kelly IS THE START OF HIM HELPING HER TOUGHEN UP AND BECOME A HEEL

Well, I don't care if LSN80 is making a thread like this. Is he a moderator? No he is not. I made this thread first and it is STAYING mine.

He isn't making a Drew Mcintyre one but he has a series called, "turning the page" where he goes through a lot of the superstars. It was his idea because he has been doing it first.

Now I don't think Mcintyre could get over as a face. For one, he hasn't even turned face yet. You are acting like he is already face. It's a tease. He probably won't turn face. He is just trying to hook up with Kelly Kelly.(kayfabe of course)

Well that's a winning attitude champ, keep it up and you might last another week here.

Anyway, I'm not gonna answer the poll because I don't think he's turned face, that's a little bit naive. I'm looking down the road of where the whole Kelly Kelly story will get him and it could be beautiful if it works the way I see it playing. Well Drew's focus has been about gaining her trust, and after this Smack down we may have seen when he finally earnt it.

But if he pairs with her for a bit being somewhat of a false face and something suddenly goes awry it will give life to Drew's nickname, "Sinister Scotsman". I'm suggesting that Kelly takes some sort of liberty with Drew's trust, perhaps he catches her speaking to other guys like the Big Show who is already her friend and makes accusations. Either way, the guy then just suddenly snaps on one of the most beloved flowers the WWE has to offer and takes her hostage similar to how Edge took Paul Bearer without the stupid wheelchair. This kidnapping will be different however because Drew doesn't show any direct footage of Kelly yet he continues to turn up to the Smackdown shows and every guy on the roster face heel or indifferent goes for him.

After say about 3 weeks Big Show finds her in say a boiler room deep in the kernels of the arena. Just try to imagine how much heat Drew would get for this especially going into mania. The only problem is that it is quite risqué for a PG show, but if Edge can take Paul Bearer and torture him then I can't see any reason why I cannot be done and the pay-off would be monumental. Either way it's just what Drew needs right now to get himself back on track after a hiatus of doing nothing much.

But he is certainly a better heel, if he was face he would have to be not so much a tweener but yes certainly similar to a Randy Orton character like fight anyone for the right reasons. He would possibly need a new theme for that time if it ever comes though. But lets hope he doesn't turn just yet, he's got a good programme going as he is morally ambiguous and that will get people watching.

He hasn't turned face. And I don't think he's going to. I think this current deal is just going to tease a face turn and then end up making him a bigger bastard than ever, hopefully resulting in a main event push.

The guy could hardly get over as a heel, how is the guy going to get over as a face? The guy got practically zero reaction when he came out to save Kelly Kelly. Still, I guess WWE will do anything to get him over. When I think about a potential relationship between McIntyre and Kelly, I think back to Orton's relationship with Stacy Keibler in 2005. I'm currently under the impression WWE is going in a similar direction with McIntyre. Kelly will get him over by partnering up with him and then he'll ultimately swerve us all by turning on her. Or something like that. I doubt he'll make a full fledged face turn. I think he'll play the fans for awhile before he goes back to his old ways.

The guy could hardly get over as a heel, how is the guy going to get over as a face? The guy got practically zero reaction when he came out to save Kelly Kelly. Still, I guess WWE will do anything to get him over. When I think about a potential relationship between McIntyre and Kelly, I think back to Orton's relationship with Stacy Keibler in 2005. I'm currently under the impression WWE is going in a similar direction with McIntyre. Kelly will get him over by partnering up with him and then he'll ultimately swerve us all by turning on her. Or something like that. I doubt he'll make a full fledged face turn. I think he'll play the fans for awhile before he goes back to his old ways.

This is exactly what came to my mind when this thing started. The long term goal is too finally get Drew some real heat when he turns out to be playing Kelly, this will probably lead to a feud with her "BFF" The Big Show, which would certainly be a great opportunity of McIntyre.

That Scottish accent of his and his general tone of voice just scream natural heel. I would understand the appeal of turning him face for the WWE since he gets virtually no heat as a heel, but as others have said, I think they're just finding a way to make him out to be even more of a jerk than we already think he is and get him a new batch of heel hormones.

Kelly Kelly's involvement in storylines in recent years has always been slight and/or fizzled out early. She was The Miz's secret admirer for about two weeks before that angle got chucked out the window, and then Kane was mad at Kelly for having a crush on The Miz so he sacked her hotel room and I think that angle was even shorter. I may be overly dismissive, but Kelly Kelly's involvement with Drew could wind up being a whole lot of nothing.

If Kelly Kelly's relationship with Drew is going to play a role, though, I doubt it's going to be to turn Drew face. I don't know if the WWE plans to play it safe and has Drew dump Kelly or somehow publicly humiliate her, or if they plan on being a little more controversial and have Drew hit her, but I think ultimately Kelly will be used to help Drew gain some heat and maybe a new dimension to his character.

The guy got practically zero reaction when he came out to save Kelly Kelly.

That's because of the way Creative wrote the scene. He would have gotten a bigger reaction if he had physically attacked LayCool, or if he had one of his shitfits while chasing them away. Instead, he calmly, but firmly, ordered them to stop hurting Kelly. That's so out of character for Drew that it leaves people in this thread conjecturing whether he's turned face or not. Then, they went to commercial before we could see Kelly's reaction to the whole thing, which was intentional because they're not yet ready to reveal what's going on with this guy.

I think this program may be unique, if they keep handling it the way they are. I like the way Drew was telling Kelly backstage that he's "different from the man she sees in the ring." At this point, I can't tell whether the company is building a 'tweener..... or if they're building a face......or if they're planning to keep Drew a heel-in-love while turning Kelly into a heel, too.

Jeez, would I love to be in Kelly's shoes.:rolleyes:

At a house show in Scotland, he worked anti hero for the whole day and he was great! I really think he would be a spectacular more of a anti hero like Stone Cold and Orton. Smackdown needs a good anti hero to counter RAW's anti hero Orton.

Hopefully they move Sheamus over so we can finally get our Sheamus/Drew feud.

Oh you again.

Just because Drew McIntyre came to save Kelly Kelly doesn't mean he is FACE. All it means is that he has a crush on a Diva. Maybe he will become face? Who knows. Maybe he will just hurt Kelly Kelly later somehow. Either way, Drew McIntyre is not a FACE yet.

And maybe you can be more respectful towards other members on here? Thanks.

I have no problem with McIntyre turning face. Honestly, I don't care whether he's face or heel as long as they push him. He's been jobbed out for the most part ever since the incident with his wife Tiffany, and it sucks. I just want to see him pushed regardless of whether he's face or heel.

Call me childish but im loving the whole high school crush like storyline between Drew and Kelly. Randy also didnt get a great reaction as a face at first but then was hated when he gave and RKO to Stacy. I think they should try something new and make Drew into a tweener. Have him do mixed tag matches against heels but one on one matches against faces , I think this could work.

I think hes a better fit for heel.. but seeing how he has lost his push and can't get much reaction.. Its worth a shot for him to turn face.

Hell maybe him and edge can partner up somewhere down the line in tag matches against ziggler and del rio?.. or something.. He needs someone to get him a bit of recognition.. Kelly kelly can help a bit for now i suppose.. or it may just mess up everything like Ted Jr and Mayrse.. BOTH of them were great alone.. now maryse doesn't even wrestled for the womens title and Jr just jobs to people.

Im a big McIntyre fan.. He needs a push again! and for the face turn im glad as i think it may help him.. but im not to sure if that was a full face turn.. I just want him to get some reaction.. maybe he'll get a big part in the rumble? i know he wont win but maybe he can make it to the last 4 or so.

Smackdown is full of heels as it is also, They need some people to switch..

still id rather have Edge V McIntyre somewhere down the line.

Someone in creative must really like McIntyre because this is his 3rd shot. Granted the 1st one he had no gimmick, but in WWE I only saw one person getting more than 2 shots, and that was Burchill. This 3rd chance that he his getting he better make it count. Anyway, the way that the fatal 4 way went I don't see him turning face. In fact he either screws kelly (I mean making her lose and etc) or she turns a heel manager for him. I didn't dislike him when he was feuding with Morrison but he didn't impress me either, however hitting a girl (which by WWE standards I don't believe to be possible) may get him heat enough for him to do something good, because if Drew fails again I'm pretty shore the exit door is his next place.

I really hope he does turn face. Hes got nothing going for the moment and a face turn could save him. Either that or it could kill his career like mvp. Im not saying full blown face but more of a tweener like Randy Orton. Basically he's a crowd favorite but if you wrong him he will fuck you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back