I Have To Give It To Him; He's Good!

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
You know, when he first turned on the Shield I thought, why him. When he won money in the bank I thought, why him. When he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship I thought, why him. Well, now I can actually answer that question; he's pretty damn good. Of course, I'm talking about Seth Rollins.

A lot of us all thought the same way when the Shield was still together. We thought that it was going to be Dean Ambrose to be the first to break out and become the guy of the Shield. It wasn't Dean Ambrose though, it was Seth Rollins. Then, even after Rollins had won the money in the bank, we thought that it was going to be Roman Reigns to be the first to win the title at Wrestlemania 31. Again, however, it was Seth Rollins that done that. I have to be honest, for awhile I didn't get Seth Rollins. I didn't understand why the WWE insisted on this guy becoming the man. I mean, Ambrose was by far the most entertaining member of the Shield and Reigns has that super hero big guy quality that WWE loves. So I constantly asked myself, as I said before, why Rollins. Finally, I have an answer. He's actually pretty damn good. Honestly, for the last few months, he's been consistently the most entertaining part of Raw, IMO (along with the New Day). Then, tonight, on what was a star studded Raw with Austin, 'Taker, Lesnar, HBK, and Flair appearing, Rollins was, IMO, the most entertaining part of the show. He's awesome in the ring and he gets better and better on the mic every time we see him. I mean, his interactions with HBK and HHH, along with his impromptu reunion with the Shield were the best parts of Raw tonight. So, again, I have to admit it; he's actually pretty damn good.

What do you guys think? Is Rollins good or am I by myself in my line of thinking?

You know, when he first turned on the Shield I thought, why him. When he won money in the bank I thought, why him. When he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship I thought, why him. Well, now I can actually answer that question; he's pretty damn good. Of course, I'm talking about Seth Rollins.

A lot of us all thought the same way when the Shield was still together. We thought that it was going to be Dean Ambrose to be the first to break out and become the guy of the Shield. It wasn't Dean Ambrose though, it was Seth Rollins. Then, even after Rollins had won the money in the bank, we thought that it was going to be Roman Reigns to be the first to win the title at Wrestlemania 31. Again, however, it was Seth Rollins that done that. I have to be honest, for awhile I didn't get Seth Rollins. I didn't understand why the WWE insisted on this guy becoming the man. I mean, Ambrose was by far the most entertaining member of the Shield and Reigns has that super hero big guy quality that WWE loves. So I constantly asked myself, as I said before, why Rollins. Finally, I have an answer. He's actually pretty damn good. Honestly, for the last few months, he's been consistently the most entertaining part of Raw, IMO (along with the New Day). Then, tonight, on what was a star studded Raw with Austin, 'Taker, Lesnar, HBK, and Flair appearing, Rollins was, IMO, the most entertaining part of the show. He's awesome in the ring and he gets better and better on the mic every time we see him. I mean, his interactions with HBK and HHH, along with his impromptu reunion with the Shield were the best parts of Raw tonight. So, again, I have to admit it; he's actually pretty damn good.

What do you guys think? Is Rollins good or am I by myself in my line of thinking?

He's done a great job since breaking away from The Shield. I honestly thought he'd be like Jeff Hardy (pre main event) when The Shield broke away but he's shown he can put on great matches with anybody and put together some entertaining promos. I'm glad he was booked strong on RAW for once, truly felt like a champion. I just find it weird there was no Kane at all despite him being in one of the main events.

People only wanted Ambrose to break out because he was the IWC favorite, so was Rollins but not as much as Ambrose.. People deep down thought Reigns was going to be the breakout star. That was not the case either, it's Seth Rollins.. WWE made the right choice, Rollins is clearly the best former Shield member and he needs to be a major star for many year's to come.

i always found Rollins as good. he reminds me a little bit of CM Punk. he has the Punk like look and when he talks, he really kinda sounds like him. now he's not as good on the mic as Punk was, but he's good on the mic in his own right. as for his in ring skills, he puts on great matches and his move set is very entertaining to watch while he can play his character very well too and i have a feeling that if he turned face that he would still do great on the mic and playing his character well, while his move set would likely add some of his fan favorite moves (like flips to the outside, suicide dives and the Phoenix Splash). So yes, i always found Rollins good and i always hoped he would do well when the Shield broke up. my two favorite guys in the Shield were Rollins and Ambrose due to great in ring skills and nice mic skills.

Well, as you can probably tell from my sig which is years old I am a massive Rollins fan he is with out a doubt my favourite wrestler currently. And I have been really impressed by his growth since signing with WWE in 2010. Whilst he was in ROH his in ring skills were fantastic but he really lacked in terms of mic skills which had me worried when he signed for WWE but his improvement has blown me away.

Seth is without a doubt the best performer out of the Shield members and I'm glad WWE choose him to be the man right now, and their dependence on him has been really obvious for a while now. I don't think he has had a bad match in WWE and I hope he keeps this push and cerements him as one of the top guys for a decade.

I started really getting into ROH around '09, so I came on right before Tyler Black won the ROH Championship (Man, that seems so long ago!) But, ever since I first saw him, I knew there was something special about him. When he was in the Shield, I knew he was the sleeper. I remember reading all the stuff online, "Oh, Ambrose will break out cause he has the charisma. Oh, Reigns will break out because he has the look." I remember Rollins being the last choice to break out, but I always knew he would be first.

It's funny that you are just now coming around on Rollins, because recently he has had the worst storyline's he has ever had. But, bad writing not withstanding, he is an outstanding performer. He's a master technician in the ring, and he can hold his own on the mic. I'm just waiting for him to turn face. I've been saying it for a while now. When Seth Rollins turns, we could be talking Jeff Hardy 2008 level popularity as a babyface. Rollins is definitely the future.

still i dont think he is breakout star. I clearly see him as a replacement for randy orton. Roman is future of wwe. Right now wwe dont know how to make roman as a fan favorite. People hate him bcoz they think he is next john cena. Wwe never prompt him like that. I dont know why they give roman a small first title reign.

Rollins has always been my favorite of The Shield members and it pleases me to see him as the WWE champion. Only thing I hate right now is how they are booking him. Yes, his suppose to be the coward heel but he can still win matches. Just have him win dirty. Eye pokes, suckering people in, try to get people counted out. There are many ways they can make him a coward without having him lose all the time.

Seth Rollins is the most talented wrestler WWE has, from a pure wrestling standpoint only Cesaro and Bryan come close. WWE has booked him horribly but since he debuted with the Shield he has always showed a high level of talent but as a singles guy has never had the booking to match his talent

He was always good. In fact, I think most people will be suprised how good he will be if they happen to turn him face soon.

And I really dont know why his rise suprised people so much. Sure, Ambrose was at that time most logical choice to turn heel(if you look at it character-wise) but WWE always did favor Rollins. He was only one in "The Shield" who was FCW and NXT Champion before they transfered all of them to main roster. And with Ambrose man with most experience and man you could rely on having lenghty and good matches as singles competitor(which Reigns lacked due to his inexperience at the beggining). So its really not that suprising that they chose Rollins as break out star at the beggining of their singles career. :)

Seth Rollins has been my favorite wrestler since his debut on main roster, I had no idea who he was in NXT or ROH. The match he had against Daniel Bryan on RAW, that lasted a good 30 min, was when I started to really notice how great he is. Reigns may have the look, Ambrose may have the mic skills, but neither one has the overall ability that Rollins has. His booking could be way better, but that's an entirely different topic.

He's easily the best heel in WWE. Casuals hate him and smarks love him just because he's a great heel. He plays the cowardly heel role to perfection. He's great in the ring and improving on the mic.

When the Shield was together, I thought Ambrose was going to be the breakout star and Reigns would be #2 just because of his look. Admittedly, I thought Rollins would get lost in the shuffle in the mid-card.

He definitely proved me wrong, and he is definitely deserving of his current 7-month plus run as WWE Champion.

I've always thought Seth Rollins was great. He's had a great build and continues to gain notoriety despite his current heel run. The guy does a great frogsplash and 3 amigos. I hope he adopts these moves when he eventually becomes a fan fav. I also love Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns though. I met Roman and he's just a nice guy. Good with fans. He's got the moves, the look. I understand why WWE sees $$$ in him. The fans need to get behind this guy. He's awesome. Dean Ambrose is also great. His mic work is best in the company behind Cena. I know many don't like his style, but Dean is his own guy. He's a rebel just like Austin was. That's why people relate to him. All 3 are excellent A+ players. I hope they stay healthy and I certainly will not complain if we get our SHIELD Triple threat match at WM 32. IT WILL BE AWESOME!!!

He is that good , its pretty much as simple as that. He works the mic better than most. He moves good in the ring in both execution and selling. He plays both rolls of heel and face equally well. He is really doing great as the heel champ currently. You can tell he has studied the craft and draws off the past and spins in into a fairly fresh product. He has injured a few people in the recent past but accidents do happen, its a dangerous and physical business. I would also think that he is good enough and smart enough to learn from recent events and go forward being more aware of the issues in the past and work to prevent those in the future. He has been a very reliable performer for the WWE and has decent size. He isn't huge but neither is Flare , you don't have to be a monster to be successful. Overall Rollins is an exceptional wrestler who deserves the spot he is in. I'm glad to see he really stepped up when he was given a chance to run with the belt. (lol- something he literally does at times and learned from Flair)

Completely agree. Rollins has shown IMMENSE improvement on the mic and just being comfortable as a "sports entertainer" in front of lots of people. The guy has good mic skills and that has shown ever since he broke off from the Shield. Granted, this whole 20 min "Authority" like promo he is forced to do every RAW isnt helping him, but that's not really his fault.

There's few gripes to have with him really. Atm he's just being booked so shitty that you can't not see him in a bad light. I see people complain about his character and mic skills like it's his fault he is forced into bad angles on a weekly basis. He's been doing a very good job with what he has been given. And I'm glad we have a main-eventer on our hands and not just a high flyer who cant speak worth a shit.

He handles crowds way better than someone like Roman Reigns does for example. He seems pretty witty on the mic, at times. Even though people might not think much of it, I always love his "I'm gonna kill him anyway" line with Edge. Something that was so good and timed so well, that WWE had to cut it from promos, cause, you know, children dont watch death and destruction on a daily basis in movies anyway.

But anyway, I'm glad someone made this "Seth Rollins Appreciation" themed thread. The guy deserves it, and he's like the only decently booked guy right now, even though as a champion, as the WWE champion, he's lost so much that the belt really doesn't mean jack shit.

Rollins has really impressed me ever since The Shield broke up. Like many others I was expecting Ambrose and Reigns to be the breakout stars, with Rollins being the afterthought. However, it hasn't turned out like that!

I reckon WWE made the right decision putting the strap on Seth at WM31, it gave the end a fantastic ending and saved us from the premature Reigns title run (which would have been so negatively received), and allowed us to see the first MITB cash-in at a WrestleMania.

Seth has always been a top level performer in the ring, but now he's becoming very solid on the mic too, and plays the cowardly heel role perfectly. If I had my way though, it would be Ambrose who'd be the heel with Rollins and Reigns as the faces. I just think they're the roles that Dean and Seth are most suited to. I think we'll get that eventually.

I think it was a real (happy) surprise to WWE that Rollins developed as he has. Along with many others, I thought Dean Ambrose was being pushed ahead of the other two during Shield's early days. He had the most mic time and was always in the forefront. Reigns, while standing behind the other two, was the strong, silent type who seemed to be second on the 'push' list because of his appearance.

Compared to the other two, Seth came off almost as an also-ran. He got his turn at the mic, but in the ring, he wasn't featured to be as dangerous as Dean and Roman.

Over time, it changed.....and in the best way; by performance. Seth grew on the mic and in the ring.....and began taking over the group. His talent became obvious to WWE management.

Seth Rollins is exactly the performer to take us into the next decade. His 'cowardly heel' portrayal is almost perfect, and although I believe they took the 'world champion by committee' thing too far (with J&J, Kane & Big Show protecting Seth) the long-range effect Seth will have on WWE will make the 'cowardly' stuff seem like it happened a long time ago.

Operating on his own, he's better than ever......and still growing.

Yeah He is awesome in mic skills and wrestling ability.....
His moveset excluding pedigree is awesome too.... like that phoenix splash
And Ignoring his bad booking; He is an awesome heel champion too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back