How Many Of You Here Support Trump?

I'm gonna vote for who is projected to win so I too can feel like a winner.

I know you're kidding, but there's a shitton of morons out there that do this shit. That's why Trump actually being elected POTUS is a very real possibility. I don't think that's nearly as terrifying as being portrayed, because the establishment will surround him with people that actually have a fucking clue, but it still won't be a good look to the rest of the world. At. All.

Checks & balances or staffing with smarter people than Trump will certainly stop him from making too drastic a decision, but it will not prevent the real issue. His unpredictable mouth will most likely lose an ally or two & is damn sure to piss someone off enough to declare us an enemy. He gets that office & goes off script to the wrong person, we could wind up in a fight.

Think what you will of Clinton, but she is way less likely to cause an international conflict than her loud mouth opponent.

I've never been so proud of this forum. I'm on the complete opposite side of the world so really I'm just laughing at choice Americans have in front of them but it seems anything can happen with Trump as President, and the chances are it won't be good. From just the news my country as received about Trump, makes me wonder how he has any supporters that aren't just racists.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/CceQISThDYQ[/YOUTUBE]

That video sums up the whole worlds opinion on if Trump was elected.

I've never been so proud of this forum. I'm on the complete opposite side of the world so really I'm just laughing at choice Americans have in front of them but it seems anything can happen with Trump as President, and the chances are it won't be good. From just the news my country as received about Trump, makes me wonder how he has any supporters that aren't just racists.

[YOUTUBE]CceQISThDYQ[/YOUTUBE]

That video sums up the whole worlds opinion on if Trump was elected.

FTFY

Wikileaks.

So you read a couple of headlines and pretended to know what's going on. Got it.

I went to Atlantic City once and spent $17 on 2 drinks and lost another $20 at a slot machine. So yeah, count me in.

I'm not a fan of either, not to say I particularly care though since Hilary's got my "logic" vote. Putting Hilary in charge would effectively put the country on hold for four years, which I know might be a factor in Trump's support but that may be equalised by how divisive he is. Trump's opinions being "what people are thinking" is a farce; it's loosely associated with an extreme and very vocal minority. The first people to comment on articles are usually going to disagree, so you end up with a whole bunch of "Trump said this stupid thing" articles where the top comments are just those coming to his aid because nodding your head and saying "yeah he is a doofus" isn't worth a comment. When there's positive Hilary articles it reverses and she's attacked. It's an impressionable medium, and since there's a whole lot of doofuses out there it perpetuates itself and gives off the false notion that they're wildly supported. Supporting yes men are usually confined to their own support groups, whereas neutral ground is where attackers reside.

A success for a Hilary term wouldn't be a drastic change to what's established, which is something I believe Republicans might use since anything remotely close to bad during her term leaves her wide open to attack and a potential flip next election. Politics woooooo

Fixed
That
For
You

Yeah that's what I thought he meant and I scanned through it and it looks exactly the same. Was the same case for the other one to. I dunno, maybe it was just too early or I need glasses more than I thought.

The alternative Fuck this, Fuck you is what I think I'll settle for.

Yeah that's what I thought he meant and I scanned through it and it looks exactly the same. Was the same case for the other one to. I dunno, maybe it was just too early or I need glasses more than I thought.

The alternative Fuck this, Fuck you is what I think I'll settle for.

Nah I wouldn't say that to you. Not for misposting a YouTube video anyway.

Nah I wouldn't say that to you. Not for misposting a YouTube video anyway.

Ahh yeah nosh. Remember someone (Doug?) saying that last time now.

images

I know I'm not American, but Hilary Clinton, only for foreign affairs. There have been some leaders of other countries stating they will not work with Trump, should he be elected. You won't have that problem with Hilary. Plus, what truly matters is party policy, and how many seats the leading government gets in... uh, I want to say Congress and Senate? Is that right? Whatever the name, my point is that the president is only one person of that party. An influential, powerful person, but they aren't the sole person running the country, and proposing bills/policies/legislation.

Although, should Trump become president, his party might take a page out of Australia's book to call a vote to replace him, or go the way of past Turkish coups, to put someone they want in charge, and let Trump go backing to crumping his business style, getting a new hit reality show, and saying he was a former president.

I'm a big believer in small government and capitalism, but the republicans sold out a long time ago on those ideals. Not really a Sanders fan myself, but I do feel for him having his own party work so hard against him. . I'm very libertarian in my political views. Gun to my head between Clinton and Trump, I pull the trigger myself.

Big Johnson 2016!

I think my biggest issue with libertarianism is that in all my experiences with the party (one of my best friends is on the board in Oregon and I did some campaigning for Johnson in 2012) the elected officials representing them are great candidates, but their supporters make the whole thing look second rate. A big problem is a lot of libertarians like to live outside the political bubble and come up with these idealistic scenarios for what their world vision looks like, and they sound great talking around a campfire over a case of beer, but pen to paper in real political practice they're just nonsense.

For instance, one of the common phrases I hear from libertarian friends is "fuck the government let's just burn it all down and start over". It's a hyperbole for wanting small state-run government, of course, but that mindset of being so far gone from the actual, active political game is what hurts the party. By some miracle if Johnson were to ever be elected, he'd still have to work with Democrats and Republicans on both sides, and that's something I almost never see from anyone supporting the party; everyone is an idiot, and everyone is below them, and anything big government or that's a part of the major political landscape is just trash, and there's no point in incorporating that into our idealistic Utopian worldview.

That was my long way of saying Libertarianism is a super cool idealistic collection of concepts and I'm on board with the message and end-goal, but the party is so unrealistic and detached from modern society that they're never going to be politically relevant or enact actual, meaningful change.

Trump will win on a turnout of about 60% because people can't tell the difference between a political robot like Hilary and a total populist moron like Trump. Trump would be able to achieve somewhere around zero of what he has claimed.

Libertarianism is like communism.

They both assume that everyone's gonna play nice.

Anyway between one bad leader and another, you guys might as well go with the party whose values matter more to you. If anything, Obama has shown the world that even The Most Powerful Man in the World has comparatively little power to force through the changes he wants.

Libertarianism is like communism.

They both assume that everyone's gonna play nice.

That's always been my problem with Libertarianism (and Communism, but as an American the thought of adopting Communist ideologies is pretty foreign to me).

America is already pretty libertarian compared to most developed countries, and look at what that's gotten us in recent history, especially with big banking. The oversight the SEC (our government agency for monitoring Wall Street) has over banking and Wall Street is a fucking joke, and several of the major economic crises in recent history can be traced straight back to Wall Street and their shoddy business practices.

I love the progressive social platform of libertarians: it's oftentimes even more liberal than the Democrats. And truthfully there are areas in our economy where I think libertarianism is a great equalizer (and with new technology is allows libertarian businesses like Uber or Air BnB to thrive), but as a whole it favors those who are already wealthy, and most of those wealthy people would be all too happy to abuse a lack of regulations to make themselves more wealthy.

But neither will change much, if anything. It doesn't actually very much matter very much who wins.

The votes that really matter are the votes for congressional seats.

Only slightly incorrect, since if Hillary wins, there will almost assuredly be a strongly left leaning majority in supreme court justices and.....well, I'm not sure everyone is fully prepared for the things that will happen then. People like BSE I mean.

The second part of your post I quoted though is absolutely bang-on. Even if Trump wins, if we can vote in a competent congess, things will likely be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back