Houston Region, SF Subregion: Second Round: (3) Randy Savage vs. (19) Daniel Bryan

Who Wins This Match

• Randy Savage

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California.

Cow%20Palace.jpg

#3 Randy Savage

1.jpg

Vs.

#19 Daniel Bryan

Daniel-Bryan-wwe-superstar-2.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

The fact Danielson went over Brody was bad, but there is absolutely no one in their right mind could objectively vote Danielson over Savage. Savage was better at EVERY aspect of pro wrestling than Danielson, AND was a many time World Champion to boot. There is just simply no way Savage loses to Danielson.

As much as I like Danielson, he doesn't deserve this vote. He hasn't done enough on a big stage to take down Savage.

Savage has pinned Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Ted DiBiase, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Sting. He won WCW's 60-Man (battle royal) World War III, and beat four men on the same night at WrestleMania IV to become the WWF Champion. Oh, and he's main evented Wrestlemania..twice.

As much as I like Danielson, he just doesn't stack up to The Macho Man. Danielson hasn't beaten those on the level Savage has, and that's why he loses here.

Savage wins.

Has Daniel Bryan ever been able to beat anyone that was as impressive as Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, or Andre the Giant? No, he has not. He might get there one day, but it's doubtful. I love me some Daniel Bryan, but this is Savage's match for the taking.

Vote Savage.

Unfortunately, this is where Daniel's momentum ends...

Savage has beaten many of the top superstars of yesteryear that should go on in this tournament, and he's crazy to boot. Bryan's good, real good, but not up to the status of the Macho Madness. Time to pack it in Bryan, you did good against Brusier, but this is the Macho's match.

My vote: Randy Savage

The difference between Brody and Savage is Brody was pure shit. Danielson had every right to go through Brody, and rightfully so. But Savage isn't shit, and certainly isn't just restricted to that of a typical "brawler".

Danielson isn't bad, by any means, but on this one I have no choice but to vote Savage simply because he should win here. Short of someone getting involved and distracting Savage, or helping Danielson, I just don't see how Savage could lose.

As for the World title reigns - I'm trying my hardest to not factor in Championship reigns as for the most part that doesn't make one person better than another. Danielson was a "World Champion" as well, just in a smaller promotion and a different time period. So, both have "won World titles". :shrug:

I'm voting for Daniel Bryan. I'm perfectly aware this is difficult to justify and that barely anybody - if anybody - will be voting the same way. And shit, I'm not even going to make the case that Bryan could best Savage in a match. Does Daniel Bryan have more significance to the wrestling business than the Macho Man then? Fuck to the no.

My case is this: I spent at least £20 pounds on Randy Savage's DVD. I mean, it could well have been £30 or more; it was a while ago and I'm forgetful. What I do remember is watching all three discs of that thing and enjoying, I dunno, about five minutes of it total.

Daniel Bryan, as I've repeated ad nauseam, pretty much made 2010 for me. I won't bore you with the burgundy-trunked details. If you've read a Sam post in the last year, you've no doubt seen me fawning over vegan boy.

So, unless he wants to refund me my fucking money, Randy Savage can go fuck himself.

Yeah, not much to say here. Bryan is entertaining enough for today's wrestling, and I like him, but he offers absolutely nothing that Savage doesn't. Even Savage's Indie career is probably better than Danielson, thanks to the favourable booking of his father. Savage would win this one decisively.

Voted for Bryan just for the hell of it. Sam's infatuation certainly was an influence as was the fact that it was impressive that he actually lived up to the hype, unlike some other indy stars like, uhh, Generation Me or some shit.

I actually quite like Savage, but think he may be overconfident after beating MVP in 4 seconds last round.

I know that Savage will end up with the win in the end here but im going to give Bryan the vote. He is a modern day chris benoit(hopefully he wont leave the business the same way :/ ).

But in all seriousness Bryan does have abilities in the ring to beat savage and before anybody moans im not saying savage was a slouch im just saying bryan does have what it takes to beat him. I see some good back and forth action going on with Savage dominating at the start only for bryan to make a comeback and eventually lock on the crossface(lebell lock) for the win after savage held from tapping for a long amount of time.

So, unless he wants to refund me my fucking money, Randy Savage can go fuck himself.
This quote did help sway me though, really reminded me of south park when stan and kenny go to get there money back from mel gibson lol

Danielson is a great in-ring talent, but Randy Savage offers more. He has the charisma, in-ring talent, he is a better story-teller in the ring and above all, he won the Championship in Hulkamania Era! How many wrestlers are there who can even do that? I expect Savage to win this without any back and forth.

Bryan is probably the better wrestlin ability, but Savage had the "IT" factor to make him into a megastar. One of the most charismatic performers of them all, Macho Man also has the size and strength advantage over Bryan.

I like DB, I really do. He is extremely talented and by all accounts a bloody nice bloke, but he hasnt accomplished enough in the big-time to hang in there with one of the all time greats.

Macho Man is the correct vote here

The fact Danielson went over Brody was bad, but there is absolutely no one in their right mind could objectively vote Danielson over Savage. Savage was better at EVERY aspect of pro wrestling than Danielson, AND was a many time World Champion to boot. There is just simply no way Savage loses to Danielson.

With this statement by Slyfox, I really don't need to post any more. But in typical D-Man fashion, you know I will ;)

I know we've got fanboys in the IWC from pillar to post who would suck Danielson's dick while worshiping him, but if you would take his junk out of your mouths you'd realize that Savage was, is, and always shall be superior to Bryan in every way.

I couldn't care about Danielson traveling the world, winning championships, and gaining notoriety in today's market. Savage attained all of those goals, PLUS MORE, in a market saturated by the egos and star-power of men such as the Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and all of the other greats that you praise in every other matchup in this tournament. Savage is just in a completely different league and had a completely different and more effective style of wrestling than Danielson could ever imagine.

If you people don't vote for Randy Savage here, you really need to take a break from Wrestlezone for a while and come back to the real world.

Wow, D-Man, what an incredibly condescending post! I'm half tempted to vote Bryan just to spite you. But I won't, because this tournament is about us talking about doubly pretend matches. It's like Inception or something. And really, spite voting over something like this is just lame.

Randy Savage was a midcard and world champion in the WWF. Bryan is a one-time midcard champion in the WWE. Savage is better, and a legend. Bryan may get there, but he certainly isn't there yet. Simples. I'm voting Savage.

I like Daniel Bryan, I think he's one of the few indy stars that's managed to live up to the hype that's been put out on him. I think he'd give Savage a good match, I think it'd be a downright great match inf act, but there's absolutely no justifiable reason anybody can give me as to why Bryan goes over Savage here.

Savage was simply great in pretty much every respect and defeated most of the biggest names of his day. Savage had wins over the likes of DiBiase, the Warrior, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair and on and on and on.

Daniel Bryan is someone that I think has a bright future and only time will tell where he ultimately winds up in the pantheon of wrestling gods when it's all said and done. Right now, Savage's resume is just too much to overcome. He'd have a great showing for himself but, in the end, Savage would put him through the ring with the flying elbow drop.

Actually given enough time DBD might actually be this generations Randy Savage in many ways. Fingers crossed he eventually snaps and become the crazed Dragon King of WWE.

Anyway, I know how much blasphemy I'm about to speak but for me it works out thusly: DBD has the advantage of learning from Savage's generation (and the one that followed). He, and his like minded contemporaries, definitely blazed trails but Savage stopped growing and had since practically retired when DBD was forging his path. As such, DBD just has more trick up his sleeve that would be too new for Randy to know how to deal with. Savage would, in time, perhaps be able to adapt and incorporate but the learning curve would take a good while.

Additionally, and perhaps of greater importance, I prefer Ride of the Valkyries to Pomp and Circumstance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back