Houston Region, NJ Subregion: First Round: (13) Jushin Liger vs. (20) Ken Shamrock

Who Wins This Match

• Jushin Thunder Liger

• Ken Shamrock

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

aerial-view-meadowlands-arena-3bbb871b1fffe6fd_large.jpg

#13 Jushin Thunder Liger

L9jEFoJMKrlpXbd.jpg

Vs.

#20 Ken Shamrock

ken-shamrock1.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

To be completely honest here, I have never been much of a Ken Shamrock guy. His success in Pro Wrestling is minimal, but also notable. He had a decent career, but truly wasn't very good.

Jushin Thunder Liger was awesome and will straight up run through Shamrock. Obviously he wouldn't inside of an Octagon. But this takes place in a 4 sided, squared circle. That is Liger's world.

I actually see this being a relatively entertaining match for some reason. Maybe it is the fact I am entertained by the idea of watching Shamrock lose again. I am sure Ken would get his moves in and probably rack up a few near falls, but eventually Jushin Thunder Liger gets this win and probably does it with some sort of School Boy or Roll Up around the 17-18 minute mark.

Liger wins in a hard fought match. Shamrock isn't the most impressive wrestler in history... but he's a man who knows how to hurt a very important part of Liger's game.. his lower body. Shamrock's finisher is the Ankle lock... and he's broken an ankle or two.

If Liger is grounded and that move's applied... it's lights out for JTL... but I don't see anyone grounding Liger... much less Shamrock.

Liger wins with the Liger Driver in about 15.

I'm voting for Liger, and I couldn't tell you one thing about him other than I think he wrestled Taka Michinoku at a Wrestlemania a while back. Even going on just that match alone and taking into account that I was there for the entire career of Shamrock, I can still say without a shadow of a doubt that Liger is and was the better wrestler. Shamrock had a decent feud with Rocky for the IC Title, but that's honestly the only time I can ever remember giving a shit about him. I'm sure Liger has tons of championships, that assumption is enough for me.

Liger wins this one easy. Shamrock did not do much at all in his wrestling career and Liger is one of the few to recieve superstar status in Japan and the States. If we had a gimmick here it might be a little closer but standard single it's no way Liger loses.

Liger is probably the most stand out Japanese wrestler in America. Yeah, Shamrock was an utter beast in the ring, but Liger has the experience, the agility and even a bit shoot in him to take it to Shamrock. It seems like an even battle, but Liger is too larger than life to lose to Ken.

I think, at least in terms of his wrestling career, Shamrock quit while he was behind. He's definitely someone who was in the higher end of the midcard, and arguably the guy who rebooted the legitimate athlete in professional wrestling role that was later taken and expanded upon by Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar. He was, however, largely one dimensional, and quite often he was thwarted by anyone who was quick enough to stay out of his wearing down moves long enough. X-Pac, Jericho and Owen Hart beat him in this manner, and to say X-Pac isn't in the same league as Jushin Liger is something of an understatement. I like Shamrock, but I don't think a brief 18 month solid but unspectular career will carry him over here.

This isn't a shoot fight. This isn't a f*cking UFC event. And most importantly, this isn't Shamrock's game. Yeah, he held his own inside a wrestling ring for a while and was moderately impressive, but never truly won me over that he would be worth anything major.

He holds a couple Championship victories under his belt, including a NWA-TNA Heavyweight Championship, but I just don't think all he's done is enough to prove he could beat a guy like Liger.

I think my vote is more personal than anything else as well. I simply don't like many UFC styled fighters who come into Wrestling and think they're better. Shamrock never had the attitude as someone who was "better", but he had a similar style to someone from that "land" and as a result, once guys figured it out Shamrock became one dimensional and very beatable.

Liger in this one in A hotly contested tough battle. Liger is truly a professional wrestler, a guy who has been wrestling his entire career, regardless of where he has been. ShamRock, on the other hand, is a UFC/MMA guy who dabbled in professional wrestling for a little while in both WWF and TNA. If this were to be a real fight, Or a MMA event in ten Octagon, the result may be different. But it isn't, it is a professional wrestling match up and as such, Shamrock will be overmatched.

Shamrock was a tough bastard who would probably take it to Liger for a little while in this one, getting in some significant offense along the way. But in the end, his short tenure and lack of professional wrestling experience will be his undoing. Liger to go over in this one in a competitive matchup.

Liger takes this one, not a doubt in my mind. I've never really seen what some people see in Ken Shamrock. I think the guy is highly overrated both as a wrestler and an MMA fighter. Nothing Shamrock ever did even remotely impressed me.

Liger is THE Cruiserweight of Cruiserweights. He's won every Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight Championship that means anything, usually on multiple occassions, he's been a big star all over the world, he's universally respected and the man's just plain damn exciting to watch inside the ring.

I think that Shamrock would have a good showing for himself here. His superior size and strength, plus his MMA background, would make him a pretty tough opponent for Liger. But Liger overcomes the bigger man here at the 12 minute mark.

Liger is a legend and will undoubtably go through here, but Shamrock has always been one of my favourites so I would like to say that he would have a shot here.

If he could avoid Jushin's high flying offense then he would be in with a shot and if Shamrock locked in his patented Anklelock then Liger would be done for. Perhaps even if Jushin escaped the 1st or 2nd time his ankle would be weak enough to prevent him moving as he would normally, and stop him from going up top.

When this happened, BANG! Shamrock with a belly to belly and then another anklelock in the centre of the ring gets the tapout victory for the Worlds Most Dangerous Man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back