Houston Region, NJ Subregion: Second Round: (4) Chris Jericho vs. (13) Jushin Liger

Discussion in 'Houston Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 4, 2011.

?

Who Wins This Match

1. Chris Jericho

2. Jushin Thunder Liger

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Occasional Pre-Show

Weeeell, if I had been rooting for someone consistently and every year they get shot down I guess I'd have my panties wadded up a bit too. I'm sure it will come back around. Someone I want to win will inevitably be shunned away despite my greatest efforts.

No no no, I never did specify. I just raised the question and left it open for anyone else to proclaim because that really is a bit harder to determine.

YES, you did do the smiley right, good shit bro.

I wasn't really trying to use that as a basis but more of an example that he has won big before. Regardless of how it happened it still happened and no one else can say that they've done it by hook or by crook.

Ooooohh, that was a shot across the bow if I ever saw one. Closed minded? Well what company is bigger than the WWE? If it is not "The Grandest Stage Of Them All" than what is? What could be bigger than being the number 1 guy in that company, something Liger has never been, not even a mid carder there. Keep in mind as well, the WWE is a worldwide promotion, it's not just an American thing, nothing closed minded about that.

The case was there to make, no one wanted to support it as I have and I don't blame them. You guys don't pull any punches.

Excuse me, my bad, "Markdom". I stand corrected there.

Imagining the eye rolling......well done. Now, as far as being inferior goes, lets look a bit further into this. Liger has never stepped foot in the WWE, and thusly never faced the level of competition that Jericho has meaning he is unproven where Jericho is proven to be a major star, multi time champ in a number of divisions, and a sure fire Hall of Famer in the future.

I know, I just wanted to make that statement a little more clear in case I didn't the first time.

Yeah I was just saying that Jericho looks good even in defeat adding testament to his ability which had been grossly underrated, right now, right here, in the wrestlezone tournament.

That was just for creative flare and humor, I just thought it sounded funny.

Again I never actually specified what part of his career was his prime, and that was admittedly a mistake on my behalf. Regadless, what was so bad about his title run? He beat The Rock and Stone Cold AGAIN in consecutive ppv's only to lose the title to the one guy I don't recall him ever beating, Triple H. It was then after another I.C. run and Tag Team run that he went on to feud with Shawn Michaels which was a great feud as well and another WM classic.

No, that's not what I was insinuating. It doesn't matter that he cheated anyways, he won, that's all that matters.

You'll get no argument from me on that one.

But Jericho has made a career of beating everyone whether they were like Jushin Liger, The Rock, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, Edge, etc.... Liger is another drop in the bucket.

Airheads, good movie.

Dominant on a smaller scale. Like I said earlier, Liger is untested on the grandest stage of them all where Jericho has consistently shined. Above that since he's never been in the WWE he's never faced that level of competition. Call me crazy but I'm guessing if he were in the WWE he wouldn't have such an unscathed record. He's a big fish in a little pond technically, where Jericho is a Shark in the ocean.

But, my point was that if it were, as laid out by the tournament, it wouldn't take place anywhere that he is a major talent such as Mexico or Japan. This leads me to think that if this match were being booked by someone they would have Jericho going over Liger due to that, and the fact that he's had so much mainstream success regardless of how anyone wants to criticize it. Liger might even have the better match and look better in every way, but Jericho comes out on top because he is the bigger star period.

I didn't want to be like a lot of others and simply vote without writing anything. I just didn't expect anyone to take it so seriously, come at me so much, and to be so seemingly offended at the fact I did post my guesses, which didn't favor the favorite of those who did post. As I said, I just wanted to give my two cents, not get into a long debate. I should thank you however, I'm shaking off the ring rust from not being in one of these debates for a loooong time. SO, thanks for the warm up. I also had a blast.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Occasional Pre-Show

I thought I'd save you for last.

Triple H vs Chris Jericho was the Main Event.

WrestleMania XXVI Jericho vs Edge was a Co-Main event along with Cena-Batista taking a back seat to Taker-Michaels

Add to that list other numerous appearances and matches at WM.

Looks like you thought wrong.

This is just a stupid comment taking what I said completely out of context. Nice follow up to your incorrect recollection of WM as well.

Oh, my bad. He has a losing record against the two of the biggest faces in the WWE which totally makes him a loser unfit of besting someone whose never come close to that level of stardom.

Or how about Wrestlemania XXVI not too long ago where he defended and retained his title against a game Edge? Not that long ago now is it?

Pwned.

3. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

"Headline" and "main event" are two different things. All the buildup and hype leading up to Wrestlemania 18 was Rock vs. Hogan.

Here's the hierarchy of the importance of the main event.

HHH > Stephanie McMahon > Their dog > Chris Jericho. Jericho was a footnote during their feud.

You said achieving success in the WWE is the biggest accomplishment. There have been many wrestlers who can't even lace Liger boots who have had success in the WWE. Doesn't make them better than Liger.

He also has a losing record against Edge and has never pinned Orton. Looks like Jericho loses against everybody.

Glad that he retained in one of the most forgettable title matches in recent Wrestlemania history. Must have been a shame that Hart/McMahon, Cena/Batista and HBK/Taker were so much bigger.