Houston Region, NJ Subregion: Second Round: (12) Booker T vs. (5) John Cena

Who Wins This Match

• Booker T

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

aerial-view-meadowlands-arena-3bbb871b1fffe6fd_large.jpg

#12 Booker T

booker_t.jpg

Vs.

#5 John Cena

johncenaphotographc12171845.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I'm not voting here, because I could care less about either wrestler. Cena is bad. But he's better than Booker T. Yet, Booker T has beaten solid talent in the ring... but so has Cena. Both are average promos and both carried their respective companies during their worst eras.

Hope for draw here so we can say bye bye to both of these guys.

It doesn't help Booker T's case that John Cena beat him when John Cena was a young'n and Booker T was right smack in the middle of his career. I have no doubt that Cena would beat Booker T when both men are at their best. Cena is dominant, he can and will beat anyone, and Booker T was never booked as dominant as Cena was. Yes, Booker T was a 5 time WCW World Champion, but he picked up and dropped the belt constantly to other top guys in the company. Cena, on the other hand, has feuded with WWE's best and has come out the better man every time. Triple H, HBK, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge... Cena has come out the victor in feuds with all of these men. Booker T has had his fair share of big wins, but he's lost his fair share of wars as well.

Cena wins this one.

This belongs to Cena. Plain and simple.

Like Lariat said, I don't care much about either guy, and a draw would quite possibly bring a smile to my face. But in all reality, Cena is one dominant son of a bitch. Much more so than Booker ever was. I can count on two hands who I would put over Cena in the second round of a tournament like this, and Booker ain't one of 'em.

Cena, easily.

Cena beat Booker basically every time they faced off in a singles match, that's not good for my borther from another mother, Mr. Book. Regardless of how fantastic of an announcer he is, which is pretty fantastic, he should lose here, with Cena being the top wrestler of our generation and all. Even if he is a Yabba Dabba Bitch.

Booker will always get a raw deal here. WCW folded WWE didn't. Johhny boy was always pushed ahead as a home grown talent and certainly ran with the ball every chance he got passed it. Opportunity, talent, and hard work wins this. Cena clinches this match and honestly I don't even think it would be a very good match to watch. I mean I certainly wouldn't care about it. *shrug*

Cena beat Booker T early in his career, quite a lot of times. Since then, he's become arguably the most dominant wrestler this side of Hulk Hogan. Seriously, the number of people to have beaten him is minimal, and he's been booked stronger than even the behemoths of the mid 90s. Booker was entertaining, but he only ever got sustained main event pushes when there was hardly anyone else to turn to, and as a result, I think Cena would walk out of this one on top.

Booker T certainly can beat Cena, but I don't see it happening. Cena is just to big and strong and knows how to win big matches. Booker will probably put a beating on Cena early on but at some point Cena will do his best Hogan impersonation and Hulk up. Cena will then get on a roll and that will be the end of Booker in this tournament. Cena with the AA or FU or whatever the fuck its called now a days.

I can't do it, I know that next to nobody goes over Cena these days but although I'm kind of :shrug: about his WWF tenure, I loved WCW Booker and how he progressed through the ranks from Tag to TV (Benoit and Finlay series :thumbsup:) to US to finally reach the pinnacle at the infamous Bash At The Beach '00, were he was allowed to go over creative's (Russo) golden boy Double J.

WCW era Booker Spin-A-Roonie as Cena reels away for the 5 knuckle shuffle and hits him with the Book End as he comes off the ropes and prevents a SuperCena up by hitting him with the axe kick as he's rising. "Can you dig it... SUCKA!!!"

I can't do it, I know that next to nobody goes over Cena these days but although I'm kind of :shrug: about his WWF tenure, I loved WCW Booker and how he progressed through the ranks from Tag to TV (Benoit and Finlay series :thumbsup:) to US to finally reach the pinnacle at the infamous Bash At The Beach '00, were he was allowed to go over creative's (Russo) golden boy Double J.

WCW era Booker Spin-A-Roonie as Cena reels away for the 5 knuckle shuffle and hits him with the Book End as he comes off the ropes and prevents a SuperCena up by hitting him with the axe kick as he's rising. "Can you dig it... SUCKA!!!"

I like that scenario the best because I like Booker T more than I like John Cena. Unfortunatley though I can't honestly say that I think Booker T would win this match. How often does anyone go over Cena clean? It's going to take more than Booker T unfortunately to knock Cena out of the tournament.

Cena hits his 5 moves of death on the 5 time champ and it's over. 17 minute mark.

John Cena....we comin for you n1gga!!

Booker T is one of the most entertaining guys in the business, and as much as John Cena seems like a nice guy I have never found him in the slightest bit entertaining in the ring.

I hope that the incredibly limited Cena, face of this generation or not, gets eliminated quickly. I do not think Booker T will knock him out in this match, but he has my vote anyway.

Vote Booker T

Both men have good wrestling skills if they didn't get weighted down by management.

By a kayfabe standpoint, Cena beat Booker T when they were feuding for the United States Championship. By that point, Cena was getting pushed while Booker T was still being in the upper midcard. In that case, Cena is better than Booker T. Also, Cena = marketable.

My Vote: John Cena

Both men have good wrestling skills if they didn't get weighted down by management.

By a kayfabe standpoint, Cena beat Booker T when they were feuding for the United States Championship. By that point, Cena was getting pushed while Booker T was still being in the upper midcard. In that case, Cena is better than Booker T. Also, Cena = marketable.

My Vote: John Cena

That's if you regard his WWF tenure as Huffman's career 'high point'. Given the Entertainers penchant for pushing home grown against exWCW, I don't. Had circumstances went against Vince and WCW came out as the only survivor of the Monday Night Wars, do you think Cena would have come out on top of a US title feud with a multi time World Heavyweight Champion?

That's if you regard his WWF tenure as Huffman's career 'high point'. Given the Entertainers penchant for pushing home grown against exWCW, I don't. Had circumstances went against Vince and WCW came out as the only survivor of the Monday Night Wars, do you think Cena would have come out on top of a US title feud with a multi time World Heavyweight Champion?

If WCW was on top of the Monday Night Wars, we wouldn't see Cena be the top face at all.

During the Monday Night Wars, WCW wasn't even getting to the point of being a threat anymore, Booker being World Champion by going over guys like Steiner and Jarrett was an accomplishment in the standard that WCW was on its last leg. My viewpoint was in his WWE tenure, where we saw Booker and Cena feuding during mid-2004. Cena was starting his push to be a major player, and while Booker established himself as a veteran, he was taken down a notch to be viewed as a midcarder. As I see it, Booker is just not as persistent as an entertainer like Cena is during his rapper gimmick, which everyone knows led to Cena's push. Booker's loss led to Cena's gain.

If WCW was on top of the Monday Night Wars, we wouldn't see Cena be the top face at all.

During the Monday Night Wars, WCW wasn't even getting to the point of being a threat anymore, Booker being World Champion by going over guys like Steiner and Jarrett was an accomplishment in the standard that WCW was on its last leg. My viewpoint was in his WWE tenure, where we saw Booker and Cena feuding during mid-2004. Cena was starting his push to be a major player, and while Booker established himself as a veteran, he was taken down a notch to be viewed as a midcarder. As I see it, Booker is just not as persistent as an entertainer like Cena is during his rapper gimmick, which everyone knows led to Cena's push. Booker's loss led to Cena's gain.

No doubts but neither guy could be described as being at the pinnacles of their careers here. Cena and Booker had some matches in his final year of his first run and T actually had the edge, but Cena's storyline nadir is actually probably now, when he can destroy whole heel factions despite being DDT'd on concrete:wtf:

However Cena's kryptonite is facing another top line face (ala Orton), I think T was at his best as a face champ (in WCW) so I could see John struggle.

Poll's closed and Cena's breezed through as expected, but I just haven't been a fan of the occasional 'They met when...' theories as this is okay when both guys are at the top of their games but are very debatable the rest of the time, for example 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan squashed Steve Austin for the US Belt and isn't even in the 128 but had the two met in the first round would this actual meeting be grounds for putting Jim over?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back