Houston Region, NJ Subregion: First Round: (12) Booker T vs. (21) Kofi Kingston

Who Wins This Match

• Booker T

• Kofi Kingston

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

aerial-view-meadowlands-arena-3bbb871b1fffe6fd_large.jpg

#12 Booker T

booker_t.jpg

Vs.

#21 Kofi Kingston

1237729423351_f.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

This would be a good match, but it goes to Booker T with no doubt in my mind.

Simply put he's the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW World Heavyweight champion! Plus a slew of other titles to go with them. Kofi is still new to the wrestling game, and has plenty of time to build up a career. I just see Booker T as a much better wrestler and I think he would take this one after a great 15 minute match, probably ending with a scissor kick.

Booker T will take this one in a good match up. Kofi will hit his high flying moves but then booker will make his come back and end it with the scissor kick, the 3 count and to top it all off a spinarooni.
He is the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time wcw champeen.
Kofi Kingston we coming for you *****

A real good match-up, which I see Booker T. gaining the victory after the axe kick.

6x World champion, multiple time Tag Team Champion, 3x U.S. Champion, master of the Spinerooni. I like Kofi, and his movements in the ring are good but shaky, and Booker will capitalize on it after a Book End and axe kick to the head after Kofi misses with Trouble in Paradise.

My vote: Booker T. CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKA?

This is certainly one of the more fascinating match-ups in the first round of the tournament, and as much as I would like to give it to Kofi, this one has to go to Booker T.

Booker T is a multiple time champion, and one hell of performer. He's entertaining in every aspect of the business and has scored wins over many of the big names he performed with.

Kofi is one of the WWE's best young talents and one of my favorite wrestlers right now. He's put on a plethora of fantastic matches and shows a ton of promise. Still, the only big name he's scored a win over is Randy Orton, though I suppose you could throw CM Punk in there when he eliminated both Orton and Punk as the sole survivor at SurvivorSeires 2009.

It would be a phenomenal match to watch, quite possibly a match of the year candidate, but Booker T wins it after dodging Trouble In Paradise and hitting a Book End.

Booker goes over the this glorified jobber, but it would probably last a good 10-15 minutes. As much as I dislike Kofi, he's a resilient little bastard. He's taken sound beatings from guys as tough as Booker, so it's not a total squash. Not to mention, this thing takes place in Houston.

Lots of back-and-forth offense here, but Kofi running around like a chicken with his head cut off (like every other match he's involved in) makes no difference. As much as Booker loves Kofi, he nails the Ghetto Blaster and down goes Kofi.

As exciting as Kofi is, he gets outclassed in this match by a pretty wide margin.

Probably some pretty good spots in this match. But I think Booker eventually wins this match. Whether he comes into this match as a Heel, or as a beloved Face, Booker does whatever it takes to win this. Maybe Booker has Sharmell with him in this match and she helps Booker win.

No matter what happens to get to the end result, the end result WILL be Booker beating Kofi.

This would be an awesome match to watch, as both men use similar styles with wild methodically placed kicks and unorthodox strikes. The match would be so close that I can honestly see either man winning.

In the end though I've got to give the match to Booker. He'd have a strength advantage and he's more experienced... I could see him being able to predict Kofi's moves and counter them.

I'm going with Kofi here. Kingston's move set would confuse some intelligent wrestlers... Booker T is not an intelligent wrestler. He uses a better wrestler's finisher, his Axe Kick has to be set up a mile away and is easily reversable... and well... Booker T is very overrated.

Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise after Booker T attempts an Axe Kick and misses at the 6 minute mark. Can you dig that, SUCKAHHHS!

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

I'm going with Kofi here. Kingston's move set would confuse some intelligent wrestlers... Booker T is not an intelligent wrestler. He uses a better wrestler's finisher, his Axe Kick has to be set up a mile away and is easily reversable... and well... Booker T is very overrated.

Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise after Booker T attempts an Axe Kick and misses at the 6 minute mark. Can you dig that, SUCKAHHHS!

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Calling Booker T overrated is absolutely laughable. If anything he is highly underrated. He was also a very intelligent wrestler and won a ton of matches against very good opponents with that axe kick. The Book End may ripped off from the Rock Bottom but most finishers are ones that have been used by others and it's all irrelevant to this debate. I like Kofi but he hasn't even scratched the surface of what Booker T accomplished in his career. Booker T is better then Kofi in every single way. Better in the ring, on the mic, more charismatic, he's the better kayfabe choice, he even has better hair. There is no legitimate argument that can be made to vote Kofi over Booker. The only votes against him are ones of blind Booker T hate or overly excessive Kofi love.

I can dig it Suckas!! Yeah, I give it to Booker T. As much a great upstart Kofi is, I feel he always gets stuck and always plateaus. I think that's his problem. However, with Booker T, this man, is sheer power and pride and personality. I mean, I cannot see anyone else pulling off the classic Spin-A-Roonie like he does. His "5 time, 5 time..etc" is enormously entertaining. This man has been able to seamlessly move from WCW, to WWE, to TNA and managed to win major titles along the way in each company, and back to WWE and receive tremendous reception. I think its Booker all the way.

Kofi Kingston is obviously very athletic, but outside of his feud with Orton, he's done nothing that comes close to Booker T's career. He was probably overdecorated in WCW, but underappreciated in the WWE to balance it out. Kofi is the sort of wrestler who puts on entertaining losses against wrestlers higher on the card, and Booker spent most of his career in that position. Booker would win this.

There is no way that Kofi Kingston could defeat Booker T! Kingston is cool and all, but Booker T is without a doubt much more awesome! Booker is probably my favorite black wrestler of all time. Booker has the experience, the size, and skill to put Kofi in his place. And to Big Sexy who said that Booker T is underrated, I agree.

booker hits the axe kick after a missed boomdrop. Gets the pin. this would be a great match they should do it at Wrestlemania. Booker can put kofi over

Booker T may have been pretty much a nutcase running amock from 2006 to pretty much last year, but he is still a very entertaining guy to watch. His kicks could knock any man down. Though he may have won most of his titles in ridiculous hot potato fashion, he was still solid as a champion that suffered heavily from ridiculous politics in WWE.

Kofi on the other hand is a guy that if given the ball, I'm sure he can run with it. Sadly they gave it to Jack Swagger instead. People call him botchy and overrated and stuff, but those kiddie pops don't don't seem to care.

But in my book, this is easily Booker T's game. Buuuuut, I'm voting for Kingston. The reason being, that I see Booker gladly doing the job to put him over. On commentary, Booker seems very high on him. If given the chance, I'm sure Booker would put him over. So I'll do it for him.

This is probably easier to say it's like watching the past against the present, as both men could be considered similar in their styles. (no, I didn't just say that because both are black - but that's true, too.)

The difference is, Kingston doesn't have the complete package of his "prime" under him that Booker has. This is also a case where being in this tournament as a veteran works well for you. Booker T has proven he can wrestle any styled guy, and win. Kingston hasn't. Booker T has accomplished more and proved to be a valuable Main Eventer. Kingston has faced Main Event guys and been teased IN Main Events, but still isn't a believeable guy for that spot.

Kingston goes for a TiP, Booker ducks, hits the ropes and drops an Axe Kick as Kingston is getting up. End.

Booker T should go over Kofi Kingston realatively easily in this one. A five time, five time, five time, champion, versus a never will, never will, never will, overrated glorified jobber who has someone managed to gain appeal with the crowd, but in the meantime, has accomplished very little, at least thus far in his career. Maybe his future holds great things in store for him, but thus far, I simply haven't seen it.

Booker T is far better in the ring. His character is far better, minus the King Bookah bump in the road, his micwork is superior, and he has more longevity in the game.

I see a scissors kick and a spinarooni in Kingston's future, and he's off to Jamaica, or West Ghana, or wherever the heck he comes from these days.

Kofi is good, but he is not yet up to a high enough level to compete with a wily veteran like Booker T. Booker has been at the top of this industry for around 10 years, and knows his way around the ring better than almost anybody.

Kofi would start off like a house on fire in his usual style, but Booker would slowly gain control and wear down Kofi with his chops and kicks, before dodging one of Kofi's spinning kicks and nailing the Book End and then the scissors kick as Kingston was getting to his feet...getting the pinfall.

In a few more yeas, Kofi may be able to compete with Booker but right now T takes this infront of his hometown fans.

CAN YOU DIG THAT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back