Hiding behind the bar room rules like a bunch of bitches

mackey-drama.gif

im not in these little convos or w/e you want to call them but i think that they are probably jealous or something because they arent mods or admins.

but then again i dont think it should really matter what they think unless they are going to contribute in some way to the wrestling parts of the forum. Maybe im not the right person to be saying this seeing as how i havent been posting so much lately because of other things i got going, but these are people that for all you know could be little 10 yr olds or your neighbors or w/e.

So i dont think they should be given the attention they apparently desire or are asking for through the convos. because that is all they more than likely want, Attention.

For people that aren't quite sure what the hell we're talking about, here's the basic idea.

There apparently is a group of posters here that are absolutely sick of the staff as they feel we dominate the boards and that no one can get a fair shake unless they're in "our little clique". This is total and complete bullshit. We've been told by someone that there was a plan organized by this group to rep each other to the point where their reputations would be so high that one or more of them would have to be modded, leading to one day them being able to get rid of the current staff. This simply will not work and the staff is tired of having to deal with the drama and bullshit taht comes with their hypocriticalness. We've asked them many times to come to us and talk about this, but no one has. This is likely their last opportunity to do so.

If anyone involved in this wants to discuss it rationally, please PM or whatever any member of the staff. We want this to end one way or the other.

For people that aren't quite sure what the hell we're talking about, here's the basic idea.

There apparently is a group of posters here that are absolutely sick of the staff as they feel we dominate the boards and that no one can get a fair shake unless they're in "our little clique". This is total and complete bullshit. We've been told by someone that there was a plan organized by this group to rep each other to the point where their reputations would be so high that one or more of them would have to be modded, leading to one day them being able to get rid of the current staff. This simply will not work and the staff is tired of having to deal with the drama and bullshit taht comes with their hypocriticalness. We've asked them many times to come to us and talk about this, but no one has. This is likely their last opportunity to do so.

If anyone involved in this wants to discuss it rationally, please PM or whatever any member of the staff. We want this to end one way or the other.

To add to the clique thing, NoFate wouldn't be a mod if we just picked people in the "clique" would he? Hell, I'd likely not be here.

There apparently is a group of posters here that are absolutely sick of the staff as they feel we dominate the boards and that no one can get a fair shake unless they're in "our little clique". This is total and complete bullshit. We've been told by someone that there was a plan organized by this group to rep each other to the point where their reputations would be so high that one or more of them would have to be modded, leading to one day them being able to get rid of the current staff. This simply will not work and the staff is tired of having to deal with the drama and bullshit that comes with their hypocriticalness. We've asked them many times to come to us and talk about this, but no one has. This is likely their last opportunity to do so.
This is so ******ed I can't even describe it.

People are modded based on rep? In what world? :lol:

Even noobs like me aren't that dumb.

I'm going to speak. So listen.

I have been in group chats on MSN maybe 4 times, I don't know. Whenever I've been there it has quickly degenerated into a convo between two people, for example me and Ty Burna chatted about boxing for a bit once. I have never seen anything anti-mod in there ever and I think the problem is being exaggerated, but I have only been in them for a culmulative 20 minutes or so.

I do happen to think the forums are a bit cliquey, but not in a "mods vs. posters" way, but in a "noobs vs. non noobs" way. When I first got here I found the barroom to be full of injokes and mutual worship, which is completely fine but it isn't the most inviting thing. That is to be expected though, and I can't complain about that, but apparently some people can.

What is out of order was that if someone new chirped in in an argument, there'd be a lot of "who are you?" type responses as if being new prevented the person in question from having a valid opinion. This is cliquey, elitist and ******ed. In the months since then, things have improved dramatically, as far as I can see.

As for the mods, nobody has ever abused their powers as far as I can see, and if the mods present a united front and get along with each other, that is better than bickering and undermining each other.

As someone who went to military school, and got in a lot of shit for backchatting to both my "superior students" and staff, my advice would be to think before you slate the mods, as they clearly do a good job. As part of my job, I regularly have to sign in as a guest on other forums on all sorts of topics, from old computer games to football to shit bands even to places, and I can honestly say I've never seen one as spam free and generally easy to get to people's points than this one, and it's not as if wrestling isn't without it's ******ed fans, so I salute the mods for that.

In conclusion, I like it here, it's a bit cliquey, but if anyone can tell me anywhere on the real world or online that has people who have been there for years and isn't cliquey, I'll give them a biscuit.

I'm going to speak. So listen.

I have been in group chats on MSN maybe 4 times, I don't know. Whenever I've been there it has quickly degenerated into a convo between two people, for example me and Ty Burna chatted about boxing for a bit once. I have never seen anything anti-mod in there ever and I think the problem is being exaggerated, but I have only been in them for a culmulative 20 minutes or so.

I do happen to think the forums are a bit cliquey, but not in a "mods vs. posters" way, but in a "noobs vs. non noobs" way. When I first got here I found the barroom to be full of injokes and mutual worship, which is completely fine but it isn't the most inviting thing. That is to be expected though, and I can't complain about that, but apparently some people can.

What is out of order was that if someone new chirped in in an argument, there'd be a lot of "who are you?" type responses as if being new prevented the person in question from having a valid opinion. This is cliquey, elitist and ******ed. In the months since then, things have improved dramatically, as far as I can see.

As for the mods, nobody has ever abused their powers as far as I can see, and if the mods present a united front and get along with each other, that is better than bickering and undermining each other.

As someone who went to military school, and got in a lot of shit for backchatting to both my "superior students" and staff, my advice would be to think before you slate the mods, as they clearly do a good job. As part of my job, I regularly have to sign in as a guest on other forums on all sorts of topics, from old computer games to football to shit bands even to places, and I can honestly say I've never seen one as spam free and generally easy to get to people's points than this one, and it's not as if wrestling isn't without it's ******ed fans, so I salute the mods for that.

In conclusion, I like it here, it's a bit cliquey, but if anyone can tell me anywhere on the real world or online that has people who have been there for years and isn't cliquey, I'll give them a biscuit.

Who the fuck are you noob, and why should we care what you think? ;)

When I first got here I found the barroom to be full of injokes and mutual worship, which is completely fine but it isn't the most inviting thing.
I'll get down with this too a degree.

For some reason everyone thinks it's their job to say "altz" need to be "bant."

I've been here a day, but is this common? If so...:icon_exclaim:

I'll get down with this too a degree.

For some reason everyone thinks it's their job to say "altz" need to be "bant."

I've been here a day, but is this common? If so...:icon_exclaim:
We've had a couple posters go around like Bitch...getting banned, signing back up, getting banned again. We don't allow bannees to sign back up, so the rash of alt accounts is kind of prevalent, fairly recently.

The "bant" thing is a joke from way back. Not sure when, but it wasn't any funnier when it first started.

The deal with the bar room is simple: most people simply won't understand a lot of what goes on in there when they first sign up. It took me awhile to even venture in there because I had no idea what it was. I didn't know who Luther was or why he was constantly declaring he should be admin. I didn't know why Will was constantly talking about underage women. I didn't know why Sly couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag yet he kept getting such praise (couldn't help it buddy). However, after reading these people talking in the regular forums and debating with them, I got to know them a bit and eventually the bar room made so much more sense. Are we cliquey? I wouldn't say that. I'd say we can be at times sure. However, we're also very defensive. We work very hard doing a lot of stuff that you guys simply don't see to keep this place running smoothly and we don't like it when some group of people say we're doing a terrible job because they haven't gotten what they feel is due to them. That's what caused this problem, at least in my eyes.

that was Drunk Jonny's contribution to the forum, everyone got bant on drunk jonny nights.

The deal with the bar room is simple: most people simply won't understand a lot of what goes on in there when they first sign up. It took me awhile to even venture in there because I had no idea what it was. I didn't know who Luther was or why he was constantly declaring he should be admin. I didn't know why Will was constantly talking about underage women. I didn't know why Sly couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag yet he kept getting such praise (couldn't help it buddy). However, after reading these people talking in the regular forums and debating with them, I got to know them a bit and eventually the bar room made so much more sense. Are we cliquey? I wouldn't say that. I'd say we can be at times sure. However, we're also very defensive. We work very hard doing a lot of stuff that you guys simply don't see to keep this place running smoothly and we don't like it when some group of people say we're doing a terrible job because they haven't gotten what they feel is due to them. That's what caused this problem, at least in my eyes.

:lmao:

You can't explain the Bar Room, it only explains...YOU!

Flames Out
Dragon

I was just pissed off there wasn't anywhere to sit down!

For the record, my name's been mentioned as part of the MSN group a few times, but I can't say I've ever been part of a group discussing the staff.

Really, my contribution to the discussions is usually raising hell and telling TM to fuck himself.

This is fun to read and all, but you're still fighting and invisible enemy. Maybe you should send one of the known offenders to Shawshank and beat a confession out of him.

:) Turn the place into Gitmo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back