Heat On Bischoff For Borasch Comments?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't already been started. According to PWInsider.com, there are several people in TNA who believe disciplinary action should be taken against Eric Bischoff by Dixie Carter for comments he made about Jeremy Borasch on Facebook. The comments were later erased but here they are:

Just had a beer here in Nashville. Bartender asked me I worked for the boss 'Jeremy Borash.' When I asked 'WTF' that was supposed to mean, I was told emphatically that Jeremy has represented himself as an 'owner' of TNA. Jeremy is a low rent bit player who should be fortunate he has a job."

Thus far, Magnus has stood up for Borasch via Twitter:

"Jeremy Borash is one of the hardest working and loyal people TNA has ever had"

I find myself wondering if there's anything to this, is it just part of a potential build up to a storyline, is it just Bischoff trying to piss off marks or what. Bischoff is entitled to his opinion, if that's what he thinks and all, but it does come off as a low class. Personally, I wouldn't notice if Borasch fell off the face of the earth but he's been in TNA for a long time and has always done whatever's been asked of him.

I was going to write up a thread on this earlier but was too busy at work to take the time out. I figured someone would beat me to it before I had a chance to get to it, and low and behold I was right.

As to the topic at hand, this is nasty shit from Bischoff. I've always been a bit of an apologist for him, but this is just callous, regardless of whether or not Borasch actually said any of those things. I'm not going to sit here and say that he needs to be suspended or fined or fired, etc. because that's all going to be determined by the folks behind the scenes who have a much better grip on what it takes to keep the company ticking, but I'd be shocked if Bischoff doesn't have some pretty serious heat on him right now for not being able to control his temper (again).

Also, good on Magnus for having the balls to back up Borasch. One can only hope he isn't punished for doing so.

The way I see it, it's just Eric being the jerk he's known to be. I know he's never had much love for JB, but it's been more than obvious for a long time that Jeremy Borash is easily one of TNA's hardest workers. So the obviously wrong statement just looks more like random trolling on Eric's part more than anything.

He decided to be a jerk and now he's bragging about it. It may tick off some wrestlers, but it's really just an insubstantial remark done by one of the biggest on-screen jerks of pro wrestling today.

It's Borash. Borash. Come on, guys - I've never known you to be outdone by Bischoff or Magnus when it comes to spelling surnames. Granted, that is a very specific thing.

On the one hand, Jeremy Borash has apparently been shooting his mouth off in a bar about being an "owner" of TNA. Not exactly the most honourable or sensible thing to do. Maybe it didn't happen - are bartenders really reliable sources of information? Maybe he'd had a few beers - we've all been there; I for one own 29% of Facebook and have a twelve inch penis.

On the other hand, Bischoff's clearly overreacted. He's acting like JB's scratched his balls and then slapped his mother across the face. There's no need to behave like this, least of all in public.

On a third, mutant hand, JB apparently wished a fan's family would die on Twitter a while back. He denied it, and it's largely irrelevant, but I just remembered it and it seemed a shame not to include it.

IF there is heat on Bischoff (assuming it's not all just a work), then it is well deserved. Borash has been a vital piece of TNA both behind the camera and in front of it since the promotions inception.

Bischoff has no room to talk about anyone in the wrestling business. He's gone from being the guy that helped but the WWE on it's heels in the 90's, to working for WWE after losing the battle, to now riding Hogan's tattered coattails into TNA.

He has proven time and time again that he doesn't truly understand the wrestling business, and that he has no idea what is good for a promotion or it's fans.

The worst part of this is, that Hogan and Bischoff, two guys that supposedly only want to see TNA grow, bury it's talents, and make a mockery of it, whether it be intentional or not. Hogan 'doesn't know what he really does for TNA', and Bischoff is just trying to cement himself as a producer in the eyes of Spike TV, all the while thinking that wrestling fans will embrace his son as the next big thing down in Orlando.

Bischoff is simply part of a fading duo that no longer matter to pro wrestling near as much as they'd like to think they do.

Borash would actually be missed in TNA, Bischoff could vanish tomorrow and the TNA fan community wouldn't shed a tear.

I for one am totally sick of Eric Bischoff. He is a good on screen management character to be used as a foil for the faces but other than that, he is useless.
He for some reason always had it in head that because he beat Vince in ratings for some time in the 90's that he has some amazing mind for the business.

The truth of the matter is that he had a nearly endless supply of money from Ted Turner who basically had no idea what it took to run a wrestling business so he let Eric do WHATEVER it took to make his WCW better than Vince McMahon's WWF. This included buying up anybody whether than had any use or not from Vince for guaranteed money and complete control of their character.

Bischoff is also the dumb ass that thought it was a great idea to hire Vince Russo straight out of WWE because he thought if he got one of Vince's top writers, he couldn't go wrong. Yeah that worked out great.

How does spending money until there's none left, running your best talent out the door in favor of stars of yesteryear, and then destroying one of the two greatest wrestling companies of all time in the states make you a genius or put you in a position determine who has talent or value to a company?

I just dont get why Hogan and Bischoff continuously put down the talent and management in TNA...it seems to me that they would be thrilled shitless to have an opportunity to even stay relevant.

Regardless of whether or not JB was saying he had any sort of ownership or management in TNA, it doesn't give Bischoff the right to say the things he said. And at least Magnus has the balls to stick up for the guy.

Bischoff was just being honest, something that society in general frowns upon.
People have said they don't really care about Borash, but are getting upset that Bischoff commented on him this way. In effect this is just another outlet for hating Bischoff, seeing as no one really cares about Borash. I think that alone justifies his comments.
Borash is a small, but very annoying piece of TNA.
The OP said he wouldn't notice if Borash fell off the face of the earth, I doubt anyone would really. If someone else, much more memorable and interesting, took up Borash's role that would be a very small step in the right direction for TNA.
Everyone wants something big from TNA, but if they took loads of tiny little steps to improve their product it would be much healthier for them in the long run.
Every little counts.

Borash has been there from Day 1 in TNA, he has done a hell of a lot of work for the promotion since it has begun, and I certainly think Bischoff is being unprofessional here, if indeed he isn't just working us.

TNA could survive quite easily now without the input of either Borash or Easy-E, but if Bisch is indeed angry at Borash for claiming he is the "boss" in TNA then the matter should have been dealt with in private, rather than going on FB and running his mouth like a gossip-spreading teenager. Very immature from Bischoff imo.

Borash isn't the boss of TNA, and shouldn't be claiming that he is- IF that is true. How reliable is a barman as a source of information? It's pretty likely Borash would have been drinking if he said that while in a bar- perhaps he was attempting to impress a girl or was just a bit drunk? Whatever, its not like he insulted Eric Bischoff's family or took a piss in his Dad's mouth is it?

Borash, stop prentending you are a big cheese to get a blowjob, and Bischoff....just fucking grow up.

Chances are all of this could be a work. On the off chance it isn't, then perhaps Bischoff and Borash should talk it out. Then again, being that this all supposedly was mentioned at a bar that Bischoff had patronized, it could be a drunken rant. Who knows. I give props to Magnus for sticking up for Borash, but really its not something to get fans and the like worked up over.

Of course this is a work. just remember the name of Eric's book...Controversy Creates Cash

he is doing it to stir up readers and get them talking. I don't take anything he posts on Facebook or Twitter as anything serious because most of the time he is just blowing smoke up the fan's @sses

Of course this is a work. just remember the name of Eric's book...Controversy Creates Cash

he is doing it to stir up readers and get them talking. I don't take anything he posts on Facebook or Twitter as anything serious because most of the time he is just blowing smoke up the fan's @sses

If it is a work though, what would be the payoff? I'm trying to think logically in regards to pro-wrestling but I doubt that fans tune in to see a Borash. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just wondering what's going through Bischoff or creative's minds in doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back