Should Eric Bischoff Have Replaced Taz on Impact Commentary?

I don't think Americans get Xplosion, but I believe it's shown in Canada and the UK, where I'm at. Basically it's TNA's Heat lol. Anyway Jeremy Borash and Taz used to do commentary for it, but then Taz was replaced by Eric Bischoff. Thus you had Eric as a heel commentator. I'm guessing this was also to add an extra element to the little Borash/Bischoff feud which ended the other week with Eric's departure.

Now for me personally, I thought Bischoff's commentary during this time was excellent, he reminded me of Jesse Ventura, he would call the match but also play the heel very well. Here's a video of one match he did if you have the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odd5S7VPPsE

Anyway what do you think, should they get rid of Taz? I think there needs to be a fully heel commentator, Taz is kinda tweener. I wouldn't object to a heel Don West replacing Taz either. Borash and Tenay I think are about equal.

Should Eric Bischoff have replaced Taz on Impact commentary ?
ANYONE should replace Taz on ANY commentary !!

I think I saw three Xplosion episodes with Eric doing the part .. and wow, he was getting into it, doing a surprisingly good job.
One thing I thought on top of this was that he made Borash better too.
I've heard Borash with Taz, and I've heard Borash with Tenay, and I was resigned to thinking that I just didn't like Borash on commentary at all .. but then Borash and Bischoff came along and that combo really worked.

Would Bischoff work well with Tenay on Impact ?
It's guaranteed to be better than what we have at the moment.

Ultimately though ..
The stupidest thing that the 'red and yellow powers that be' have done, was to get rid of Don West in the first place :banghead: !
My, my, Miss Dixie Pie .. t'was the day my TNA died.

Taz today is getting too jumbled in his words and makes no sense with his jokes. I loved Taz's commentary with Michael Cole back on Smackdown, and I loved his commentary with Joey Styles on ECWWE, but I think Bischoff would be a better partner to Mike Tenay.

However, I do prefer Taz over Don West. West didn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch. Sure, he could sell that he was excited about it and he knew the wrestlers' names and finishers, so I suppose that makes him better than, say, Mike Adamle, but that's what West excels at: selling. He's a salesman at heart. He could sell ice to eskimos if he felt like it.

Eric Bischoff worked as an on air commentator for AWA and WCW for a long time before he ever became the on-air power figure in WCW. He was always very good as a commentator and I think it would have been a perfect way to have used him in TNA/IW.

Just no as Eric Bischoff's on air character is dead and written off as he lost the match to his son. If anybody needs to be replaced it's Mike Tenay. Taz n Borash, Taz n whoever. Mike Tenay is TNA's Jerry Lawler but w/o being a wrestler. Both are bland and need a vacation as they both suck now.

Well mral this is all hypothetical really, I was talking about if Bischoff replaced Taz before he got written off (ie he didn't lose Lethal Lockdown) that's why I said "should have" in the topic title.

As for Tenay I think he's fine, I definitely wouldn't say he's as bad as current-state Lawler. The only times I have issue with Tenay is when something huge happens and he tries to act shocked, or is just completely silent. Either irritates me. He just can't seem to sell stuff like that.

When he's angry though it's great, that "shoot" interview he did with Russo years ago still makes me laugh to this day.

Honestly, I wish both of them would be replaced. They don't even act like they care half the time. Personally, I enjoyed AL Snow on commentary back in the day. I may be in the minority but I think he would be a good replacement for either guy. He had a knack for making the guys on heat seem better than they were in WWE. And they need to get someone who has a love for the TNA product who can talk well and be professional at the same time. I don't think it necessarily has to be heel vs. face on commentary either. Could be just two guys who like different wrestlers for different reason. I think Bischoff would end up being a distraction at this point. Keep him off tv for a year or two and then let him come in as a manager or something. Not a commentator though. Use his talking abilities in a better way.

From what I've seen of Eric Bischoff on Xplosion I can confirm that he should be nowhere near the announcers spot, and the same goes for Taz on Impact Wrestling. I really wish Don West would return to announcing duties but it's been claimed that he's happy where he is right now. I'm aware that I rarely listen to any announcers anymore, unlike the days of Jesse the Body in the WWF, Joey Styles in ECW or West and Tenay in TNA.

I was a big fan of Bischoff on commentary in WCW. I think that he would be really good with Tenay. I have never really been a fan of Taz on commentary. Bischoff could play the heel well and also would call the matches in a coherent way. Actually play by play is something that I think is lacking in both WWE and TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back