Taz Sucks

I liked Don West better. Yeah he sucked for years, but towards the end when he became a heel announcer he was becoming decent.

Don West was leaps and bounds better than Taz will ever be on commentary. Taz brings absolutely no emotion to damn near anything in TNA unless there are pigeons involved. What is Taz really known for at commentary? "Let the pigeons loose!" and as mentioned earlier, adding an R to every word that ends with an A. Don West made sure tons of emotion was interjected into huge spots and otherwise surprising events. Just listen to him calling the huge spot where Elix Skipper walked the top of the cage and it becomes easy to see what he contributed.

To say that Taz "sucks" is a little harsh. He does need to be replaced though, because his speaking style seems better suited to be an interviewer or manager than a commentator. TNA really needs a changing of the guard with commentary so that it comes off as something new and fresh. Tenay's only problem is that too many people still equate him with WCW, and he really has no business as a lead commentator. They need to establish new commentators that can define who they are as a company rather than use the commentators that defined other companies. That's why I liked Don West, because he was a fresh name and voice that hadn't otherwise been heard.

Sorry to be tardy to the party everyone.

Tazz is my opinion wasn't the best wrestler, but he was pretty good. I don't get where you would go off and say fuck him and his wrestling and his commentary, but I think you maybe taking it like he has to be better then every wrestler to be considered great.

As for commentary, I do agree that he isn't that great of a commentator, but I have seen a hell of a lot worse. I would rather watch a match with Tazz commentating then Booker T shouting UKKY SHUCKY DUCKY or whatever. Put CM Punk's Diet soda back as a commentator and I will be happy though :)

I Think Jeremy Borash should be made lead announcer, Taz should stay at color and Mike Tenay should be the "professor". I think this would greatly improve the announcing on TNA.

Taz isn't that bad.

Borash has no wrestling experience, he can't effectively speak about what it was like competing against a certain wrestler or how it feels to be in a certain hold performed by the likes of Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam or others hes faced himself during his career, that is basically Taz's main positive. Asides from that, he is a color commentator, he isn't really supposed to call the moves, he is supposed to throw in an opinion here or there, I'd much prefer to hear the opinion during a wrestling match of a former professional wrestler, and a very good one at that, than Don West who'd more success selling t-shirts on the Internet.

One thing that annoys me about him is how repetitive he can be. For three straight weeks during matches featuring Kurt Angle he alluded to the fact he has a victory over Angle, which happened over ten years ago now, so therefore is irrelevant because Angle is a much different competitor. I don't understand "let the pigeons loose" or anything else he consistently says week-to-week, but again, he is a color commentator, better to have someone who can actually give you info on what it is like being in the ring than two guys who have no clue, ala Borash and West, who is gone anyway.

Taz is my favorite commentator. He makes me laugh. He doesn't annoy me. And he talks about whats going on in the ring.

He probably talks about what's going on in the ring more than anyone else in the business right now. We sure know WWE doesn't care about having their announcers following the action. At least Taz tries to explain to everybody whats going on. Taz 4 life.

And those who say Taz doesn't care.. come on.. Slammiversary.. you can telll Taz was pretty much marking his ass off for Joe/Aries and Angle/Styles V Kazarian/Daniels. It basically rendered Taz speechless... all he could say was... HOLY CRAP.. THAT WAS GOOD STUFF. I think Taz really likes the style TNA brings.. the fast pace, more competitve in-ring action is defiantly right up Taz's alley.

Taz isn't horrible but him and Tenay are both doing the same thing. look when he worked with Cole or JR- he would describe the move, explain why it was effective or what he should do differently. he gave you that in-ring perspective. on Impact, both of them are doing that.

Tenay - Boy Taz, he has that arm locked up good, cutting off the blood supply.
Taz - You're right. the blood stops flowing to the arm the longer he has the hold on.

how many times have your heard something similar to that? it is like that old joke - "and now here is Sally to say the exact same thing I just said but in a different voice". no, he is not as good as he was in wwe but it is a different set up than what wwe had. in Tenay left or they added a third man to commentary, Taz would probably come across much better than he does now.

It's not Taz. It's Tenay. I hated him in WCW and that hasn't changed in TNA. He is annoying, arrogant, and doesn't add anything to the commentary. You can have the greatest color commentator and if you don't have a good play-by-play guy to work off of, it'll fail. At least Taz adds elements of humor and wrestling knowledge into the broadcast in an interesting way.

Taz - You're right. the blood stops flowing to the arm the longer he has the hold on.

Hahaha that gave me a good laugh, reminds of when someone has their foot on the ropes to kick out of a pin, Tenay will go on about their "excellent ring presence" and Taz their "great mat sense"

It's not Taz. It's Tenay. I hated him in WCW and that hasn't changed in TNA. He is annoying, arrogant, and doesn't add anything to the commentary. You can have the greatest color commentator and if you don't have a good play-by-play guy to work off of, it'll fail. At least Taz adds elements of humor and wrestling knowledge into the broadcast in an interesting way.

I tend to agree. I don't see the issues with Taz nearly as much I do with Tenay, but Tenay also comes with a more difficult proposal. He, for good or bad, is the Jim Ross of TNA. He's been there for so long that no matter how you remove him or replace him, the product is going to suffer as a result.

With Taz, I don't see the gripe though. He's a color commentator. Aren't color guys supposed to crack jokes and... you know, add color? You know, like Jerry Lawler did for years and years before he became a total shill?

Taz isn't horrible but him and Tenay are both doing the same thing. look when he worked with Cole or JR- he would describe the move, explain why it was effective or what he should do differently. he gave you that in-ring perspective. on Impact, both of them are doing that.

how many times have your heard something similar to that? it is like that old joke - "and now here is Sally to say the exact same thing I just said but in a different voice". no, he is not as good as he was in wwe but it is a different set up than what wwe had. in Tenay left or they added a third man to commentary, Taz would probably come across much better than he does now.

Qouting mainly on the stuff I bolded.

See this is good though, it actually brings the audiences attention to the match and explains to some who might not understand certain aspects of in-ring competition what's going on.

It's a lot better than..

King - Vickie Guerrero looks like a horse...
Cole - What are you talking about? She looks ravishing in that outfit...

And thats a Dolph Ziggler match for ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back