"HBK" Shawn Michaels vs "The Viper" Randy Orton

Which Superstar is the Best?

• "HBK" Shawn Michaels

• "The Viper" Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.

FSWWE

Championship Contender
I'm a big HBK fan and a bigger Orton fan, and I was thinking, for you guys, who is the best of those two....

They have faced Five Times in Singles Match at both Raw and PPV::worship::worship: and the results are 4-1 for Orton

Unforgiven 2003- Randy Orton w/ Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels
Randy got the victory, Shawn Michaels hit with a Sweet Chin-Music on Orton went to the pin, sucessfull however Ric Flair put Orton foot on the rope, and referee said that the match will go on, and Orton got thee victory..

Another Raw this time from 4/09/2007 - 1st Contender Match
HBK WIN!!
HBK Sweet Chin Music Orton, and fell over him, and got the pin

Survivor Series 2007- WWE Championship Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels
Once again, Randy got the victory!!
HBK was banned from using Sweet Chin Music and Randy Orton was banned for intentionally disqualified.
So HBK did everything, Figure Four, Crossface, Ankle Lock, Flying Elbow, Rollups, and in the last second he was thinking in use Sweet Chin Music, and when he realize he couldnt Orton hits an RKO, and got the victory..
After the match Orton trys to force HBK to say that he is better than him, and eats the Sweet Chin Music!!

Judment Day 2007- Orton vs HBK
Orton wins again!!! Referee stop the match, because HBK couldnt continue anymore!!

Monday Night Raw1/Feb/2010 - Qualifying Match for Elimination Chamber
Guess who won?? Yes, Randy Orton again!!
Michaels do is vintage jump, when he is down, and Orton cathes him, with a roll up pin.

They have also fought in tag-team:
Raw
Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs Chris Jericho & Randy Orton :
- Shawn Michaels pinned Jericho, and got the win.

Raw - World Tag Team Championship
Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs Edge & Randy Orton:
- Cena FU's Orton and pin him, winning the World Tag Team Tittle...
i did a lot of research and appears that HBK never pinned Orton...

So:

Shawn Michaels
shawn-michaels.jpg

Tell me what is his best match ever!!

Or

Randy Orton
randy-orton-pic.jpg

Tell me what is his best match ever!!

It appears you need to do some further research because HBK has pinned Orton three or four times.

I've made it known that I'm not a Michaels fan but even I have to go with HBK here. Orton hasn't come close to the level of main event matches HBK has performed. HBK is the better entertainer and the all-around better superstar.

It's still Shawn Michaels.. He is BETTER than Orton and you can't say otherwise. HBK has been in the business too long and Orton has been here for less than 10 years, What Shawn had done in 10 years, Orton probably won't be able to do that in his whole career. Shawn has put on classic matches at least twice a year.. Sure just because Orton is better out of the 2 when it comes to stats, that's the way it has been booked anyway. So to answer your question, I didn't have to think twice, because when it comes to who is better, you don't really look at statistics. You look much more beyond that!

Well i understand your point of view, yes Michael is a legend, he was a long time on WWE!!
But i really have to choose Orton!!
Look, Orton is 30 years old!! HBK 45 years old!!
Orton was learning how to talk, and HBK was already wrestling!!

But look for yourself:

Randy Orton:
* World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[46]
* World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[94] – with Edge
* WWE Championship (6 times)[14][198][199][200]
* WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[41]
* Royal Rumble (2009)
* Seventeenth Triple Crown Champion

Shawn Michaels:
* WWF Championship (3 times)[8]
* WWF European Championship (1 time)[183]
* WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)[8]
* WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times)[184] – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[185] – with Triple H (1)
* World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[8]
* Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)[8]
* Fourth Triple Crown Champion
* First Grand Slam Champion[8]
* WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2011)

Orton is the youngest World Champion ever, he gets very good feuds
Randy Orton vs Undertaker
" vs Cena
" vs Triple H

We all remeber when he betrayed evolution!!
When he beat Legacy at WM, all by himself, when Michaels did it with HHH in a Hell In a Cell

Shawn Michaels is the ShowStopper, of course:

Shawn vs JBL
" vs Jericho
" vs HHH
" vs Cena
" vs Taker
" vs Flair

He is one of the greatest, but i personally think that Orton can be compared, because he have already won everything with 30 years old!!

Winning belts means very little compared to being entertaining and putting on great matches. Hell, The Great Khali was a world champion, nobody is ever going to say he was better than Jake Roberts simply because Robert never won any major titles in the WWF.

Shawn Michaels is clearly the better of the two. He has given the fans many unforgettable moments and puts on outstanding matches with regularity. HBK has had jaw dropping matches with Triple H, Benoit, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Jericho, and that's just scratching the surface. Randy Orton has yet to have a 5 star match or even a 5 star feud.

Randy Orton has a long way to go before he reaches Shawn Michaels' level, and I doubt he'll ever make it to the level HBK reached.

HBK without a doubt. The amount of times you have won a belt doesn't mean shit these days. Just look at the last two wrestlemanias. Fantastic matches from HBK. Orton hasn't put anything on near the magnitude of HBK. Even in infamy Orton does not compare because of one phrase. "Screw Job!".

Are you kidding or do you actually believe Orton is better than HBK? Even if you're not an HBK fan, Orton isn't even the best in WWE at the moment let alone better than HBK who is one of the best performers of all time. Give me a break....

Randy Orton is lessening on me these days, I miss "The Legend Killer", I miss the cocky Randy Orton. The one who had a personality. Now he's like a piece of stone, bland and really unamusing.

HBK is, in Vince McMahon's own words, "The greatest performer I've ever had." He's in many peoples eyes the best of all-time, I know he gets heat for his backstage shit and how he used to be a massive dick about everything but when the question of, "Who's better, Orton or Michaels?"

Shawn Michaels, no competition.

Randy Orton has yet to have a 5 star match or even a 5 star feud.

I would easily give his feud with HHH heading into WrestleMania 25 five stars. The match wasn't nearly as good as the feud, but it was as personal as it gets. It was built up perfectly, involving the McMahon family and Legacy. For my money, it was the best feud WWE had put out there in years.

However, it's Shawn Michaels. HBK was around a long, long time, and always put on one hell of a show. He was either in, or close to, the main event scene for 15 years.

Also, HBK is much better in the ring. I'm a big Orton mark, but there's not denying that. I never cared about HBK unless he was actually wrestling, but the matches he had over the years put him ahead, easily.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure how this is even up for debate.

Well i understand your point of view, yes Michael is a legend, he was a long time on WWE!!
But i really have to choose Orton!!
Look, Orton is 30 years old!! HBK 45 years old!!
Orton was learning how to talk, and HBK was already wrestling!!

But look for yourself:

Randy Orton:
* World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[46]
* World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[94] – with Edge
* WWE Championship (6 times)[14][198][199][200]
* WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[41]
* Royal Rumble (2009)
* Seventeenth Triple Crown Champion

Shawn Michaels:
* WWF Championship (3 times)[8]
* WWF European Championship (1 time)[183]
* WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)[8]
* WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times)[184] – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[185] – with Triple H (1)
* World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[8]
* Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)[8]
* Fourth Triple Crown Champion
* First Grand Slam Champion[8]
* WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2011)

Orton is the youngest World Champion ever, he gets very good feuds
Randy Orton vs Undertaker
" vs Cena
" vs Triple H

We all remeber when he betrayed evolution!!
When he beat Legacy at WM, all by himself, when Michaels did it with HHH in a Hell In a Cell

Shawn Michaels is the ShowStopper, of course:

Shawn vs JBL
" vs Jericho
" vs HHH
" vs Cena
" vs Taker
" vs Flair

He is one of the greatest, but i personally think that Orton can be compared, because he have already won everything with 30 years old!!

Much like it doesn't matter how many times Ortons pinned HBK it really doesn't matter how many belts he's won in my opinion.

HBK is one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time. You always got the best from him. I don't think Orton's in his league. Sure Orton is good but too often recently his performances have seemed phoned in. You never got that from HBK.

Shawn was an innovator and a master in the squared circle. Orton's good but he's not that good.

This like choosing between Jordan VS Kobe, Babe Ruth VS anyone that hasn't used steroids, Superman VS Robin. Not to be mean but Mr. RKO can't even park his car next to HBK. HBK has out performed RKO as a tag and single performer world wide.

I guess that we will be back to a post looked like it, in 15 years, when Orton is the same age that HBK is now!!!

I really dont agree with all your opinions....
HBK is the best ever, of course, dont doubt about that!!
but that doesnt mean that Orton cant be one day!!

Orton is in WWE since 2002, not even 10 years!!
He is in the main event scene since 2004, and right now he is one of the faces of WWE, if anyone dont agree with that, you're dumb, blind!!!

For me, Randy will wrestle until is 40, max, so in 10 years, dont any of you think that Orton could do very memorable moments in 10 fucking years???

In 9 years, he did!!
Is feuding with Evolution are EPIC!!!
HHH and the rest congratulate, and with tumbs-up, and suddenly thumbs-down and powerbomb from Batista!!
Who dont remeber he beat a bunch of HOF!!

He fighting against Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell, omg that is my favourite match ever, is that moment that make me addicted to WWE!!

The Legacy!! Do you think that the Legacy are a bad storyline???
C'mon, I loved to see how Orton make Rhodes and Dibiase main eventers, yes they were, DX vs Legacy were also one of the best matches we all ever have seen!!

He winning the Rumble, and in year past that be the runner-up!!
Of course Michael is awesome!! i never said otherwise!!

I only think that Orton can be better!!
If Orton cant, nobody in the roster can!!

Most of us, see flashlights about the WCW, and that thing was a piece of crap!!!
WWF/E is the borning of the real Entertainment in Wrestling, so dont bring Old School, because what Hulk Hogan could do, Cena does it better, with both eyes closed!!!
What you think that Bret Hart did in all of those years, is nothing compared to what Edge has done!!

Its MY OPINION!! MY OWN!!

P.S i found some more matches that Orton pinned Shawn, for instance one Team Smackdown vs Team Raw, both were the last, and Orton did win!!

I only open this thread, because this is a curiosity, and i bet no one of you knew that Michaels has so bad ratio with matches agaisnt Orton!!
So dont be fckg rude with me, ok?
don like the thread? do better, and shut up!! (some guys, not all of course)

Marcos. I feel bad for you man. At the age of 16, you never got to see HBK as the showstopper, the Heartbreak Kid, Mr. WrestleMania live the way you are seeing Orton. He was already an old man by the time you could really comprehend things

Orton has had a nice and impressive run with WWE in 10 years. Michaels was more impressive in his first 10. Then he had back surgery and had just as impressive a run for the last 7 years.

In his prime, HBK was in the PWI match of the year 4 years in a row, from 1993-1996 against Marty Jannetty, Razor Ramone, Diesel, Bret Hart. 4 different styles, and he was able to put on unbelievable matches with them.

Then he came back from back surgery, and was in the PWI match of the year for the last 7 years, from 04-10 against Benoit and HHH, Angle, Vince, Cena, Flair, and Taker twice.

C'mon man, if you want to have this conversation in 15 years, it might be more valid, but as it stands right now, Randy Orton doesn't compare.

Having Orton win championships or pin certain wrestlers doesn't make him great. I hate to burst your bubble but in WWE, the matches are fixed. What you need to judge a wrestler on, is how great he is at wrestling, win or lose. Even though Shawn lost to Taker twice at Mania, it doesn't mean Taker is better necessarily. You really need to come up with better criteria than Orton pinned Michaels 3 times when in every instance it can be argued that Orton had a clear advantage whether it be Flair, the sweet chin music stipulation or the fact that Orton was in his prime and HBK was clearly not. If you put these two in the ring during their prime, HBK would make Orton look silly.

I agree with AxAs.

The only reasonable explanation for you believing that Randy Orton is better than Shawn Michaels is that you actually have to follow the WWE's ratings and have parental guidance while watching Monday Night RAW.

Titles are just props. The number of titles don't matter. And the matches are booked, so you can't compare two people based on "who won more matches against the other."

Andre the Giant was undefeated for 15 FRICKIN YEARS! He wasn't athletic, he was just big. Just because he won so many matches doesn't make him the best in the world.

It's not how many matches you win that matter, it's how you work the match. And Shawn Michaels can sure as HELL work any match. When he returned on RAW last month after his Hall of Fame induction promo, he didnt say a word and still got a crazy pop. Same with Taker and Triple H last week.

So think before you make another thread...

Marcos. I feel bad for you man. At the age of 16, you never got to see HBK as the showstopper, the Heartbreak Kid, Mr. WrestleMania live the way you are seeing Orton. He was already an old man by the time you could really comprehend things

Orton has had a nice and impressive run with WWE in 10 years. Michaels was more impressive in his first 10. Then he had back surgery and had just as impressive a run for the last 7 years.

In his prime, HBK was in the PWI match of the year 4 years in a row, from 1993-1996 against Marty Jannetty, Razor Ramone, Diesel, Bret Hart. 4 different styles, and he was able to put on unbelievable matches with them.

Then he came back from back surgery, and was in the PWI match of the year for the last 7 years, from 04-10 against Benoit and HHH, Angle, Vince, Cena, Flair, and Taker twice.

C'mon man, if you want to have this conversation in 15 years, it might be more valid, but as it stands right now, Randy Orton doesn't compare.

Having Orton win championships or pin certain wrestlers doesn't make him great. I hate to burst your bubble but in WWE, the matches are fixed. What you need to judge a wrestler on, is how great he is at wrestling, win or lose. Even though Shawn lost to Taker twice at Mania, it doesn't mean Taker is better necessarily. You really need to come up with better criteria than Orton pinned Michaels 3 times when in every instance it can be argued that Orton had a clear advantage whether it be Flair, the sweet chin music stipulation or the fact that Orton was in his prime and HBK was clearly not. If you put these two in the ring during their prime, HBK would make Orton look silly.

WWE Classics on Demand are a great hit in Portugal my man!!

And I only see one match that really make Michaels a Legend, and that was all the matches between him and Bret Hart, despite that is early carrer is silly!!

Compare this: Im a huge soccer fan, and if you see soccer in 60's, 70's, 80's and hell even in the 90's it is nothing compared to the experience of see a soccer game right now!!

And that thing that makes me think that anyone that enters is the WWE could really have more sucess that any old school guy like Michaels!!

And i didn't say never that Wins and Tittles do Orton Better, it is only curiosity and i bet most of you didnt really know!!

It's a stupid thread when you are thinking about Michaels in the WWF/E, and with those old school guys, that nobody really remebers!!
I'm thinking that Michaels when Orton was on the company!!

He may have hell of a matches, but i never saw Michaels has the face of WWE, however we all have seen Orton the face of WWE, (2009/2010)!!
And Michaels is indeed talked about because everybody is so nostalgic about Old School!!
Am I the One that say that Old School SUCK???

What The Hell?

Let's break this down

Mic work, Orton is not very exciting on the stick, where Michaels is fantastic entertaining, funny when he wants to be.

As a draw, Again I'd have to go with Michaels, Him and Taker stole the show at two Manias in a row.

As a wrestler, again Michaels is one of the best performers ever. Orton is good, but no Showstopper.

Titles- who cares, the belt is a prop in a scripted sport.

ok man... you are seriously just talking stupid now!
1) michaels in his final match put on a better show than orton has ever put!!
2) you wanna talk stats how bout that HBK was in the first HIAC match ever, the first 4 ladder matches ever, the first elimination chamber!! He revolutionized the business!! Something orton will most likely never do!
3)Orton is not the face of wwe CENA is!! like it or not! hes been the face since like '05!!
4)On the soccer thing.... have you even seen the WC semi-final of 1970 between germany and italy!! did you ever see Di estefano's and puska's Real Madrid in the 50-60s!! Pele and Cruyff could run circles around Messi and CR7!!!
3) i get youre a young fan on everything but that doesnt mean that the stuff that happend when you were still sucking on your moms tits or anytime before that "sucks" weather its wrestling or soccer!!

plz make this thread in 10 years... it wouldnt matter cuz it seems that orton has peaked on his skills and HBK always had something new!!

And I only see one match that really make Michaels a Legend, and that was all the matches between him and Bret Hart, despite that is early carrer is silly!!

Compare this: Im a huge soccer fan, and if you see soccer in 60's, 70's, 80's and hell even in the 90's it is nothing compared to the experience of see a soccer game right now!!

And that thing that makes me think that anyone that enters is the WWE could really have more sucess that any old school guy like Michaels!!

And i didn't say never that Wins and Tittles do Orton Better, it is only curiosity and i bet most of you didnt really know!!

It's a stupid thread when you are thinking about Michaels in the WWF/E, and with those old school guys, that nobody really remebers!!

He may have hell of a matches, but i never saw Michaels has the face of WWE, however we all have seen Orton the face of WWE, (2009/2010)!!
And Michaels is indeed talked about because everybody is so nostalgic about Old School!!

What The Hell?

Am I the only one that can't decipher any of this?

Orton has never been the face of the WWE even in the last year. Cena has been the top face of the brand since 2005 and HBK was the top guy in the company in the mid-90's. Orton hasn't come close to anything like that yet.

1) michaels in his final match put on a better show than orton has ever put!!
2) you wanna talk stats how bout that HBK was in the first HIAC match ever, the first 4 ladder matches ever, the first elimination chamber!! He revolutionized the business!! Something orton will most likely never do!
1) It was his last match!! And i really doubt that any of you have ever seen Randy Orton vs Undertaker in the Hell in a Cell!!

2)With that we can see how old he is!! C'mon, he did all this because he was born in the right time.
But if they do a new type of match, and Orton win it, does that make a business revolution?
So congrats to Matt Hardy we won the first ever Championship Scramble!!
Dont be stupid, Old School was so lame, that in the first ladder matches, HBK was in all of them!! Right Now, Ziggler can make a ladder match more credible than HBK!!

3)Orton is not the face of wwe CENA is!! like it or not! hes been the face since like '05!!
4)On the soccer thing.... have you even seen the WC semi-final of 1970 between germany and italy!! did you ever see Di estefano's and puska's Real Madrid in the 50-60s!! Pele and Cruyff could run circles around Messi and CR7!!!

3) I said that Orton WAS the face of WWE!! When he was punting everybody in the Skull and beating Cena in a Hell in a Cell!! And he is one of the faces in the WWE!!

4) They used to play with balls that dont even roll!!! If Pele was a player right now, he wouldnt make it to the National Brasil Team!! You are talking about things that you dont understand!!
Messi is better than every old player, because right now, SOCCER ISN'T THE SAME!!

So has Wrestling!!
C'Mon Go See Michaels in WM VII, WTF? Wrestling didnt even have credibility, they jump from the middle of the arena to the corner, and we see that he misses!! And Storylines wasn't nothing compared to what they are right now!!

You people are all, NOSTALGIC ONES!!
When Cena Retires, you are talking how good he was, and the best of bests!!
More recently:
In April, when HHH lose with Taker, I already imagine a thread saying!!

"HHH best superstar of all time!!" and OMG if Undertaker loses the streak to somebody so lame as Orton, we are all saying thrash about Orton, and that Michaels did best, because he ......... lost!!
Well like it or no, Orton is already a future Hall of Fame member, and he didnt need so much time!!
Right after the Undertaker feud, he was a future HoF!!

And for the ass guy who cant understand what i am saying, i have two words for him:
FUCK YOU!!!
(i'm sorry, but in portugal we speak portuguese baby, not American English, so my mistakes in grammar are very normal!!)

1) It was his last match!! And i really doubt that any of you have ever seen Randy Orton vs Undertaker in the Hell in a Cell!!

2)With that we can see how old he is!! C'mon, he did all this because he was born in the right time.
But if they do a new type of match, and Orton win it, does that make a business revolution?
So congrats to Matt Hardy we won the first ever Championship Scramble!!
Dont be stupid, Old School was so lame, that in the first ladder matches, HBK was in all of them!! Right Now, Ziggler can make a ladder match more credible than HBK!!

3) I said that Orton WAS the face of WWE!! When he was punting everybody in the Skull and beating Cena in a Hell in a Cell!! And he is one of the faces in the WWE!!

4) They used to play with balls that dont even roll!!! If Pele was a player right now, he wouldnt make it to the National Brasil Team!! You are talking about things that you dont understand!!
Messi is better than every old player, because right now, SOCCER ISN'T THE SAME!!

So has Wrestling!!
C'Mon Go See Michaels in WM VII, WTF? Wrestling didnt even have credibility, they jump from the middle of the arena to the corner, and we see that he misses!! And Storylines wasn't nothing compared to what they are right now!!

You people are all, NOSTALGIC ONES!!
When Cena Retires, you are talking how good he was, and the best of bests!!
More recently:
In April, when HHH lose with Taker, I already imagine a thread saying!!

"HHH best superstar of all time!!" and OMG if Undertaker loses the streak to somebody so lame as Orton, we are all saying thrash about Orton, and that Michaels did best, because he ......... lost!!
Well like it or no, Orton is already a future Hall of Fame member, and he didnt need so much time!!
Right after the Undertaker feud, he was a future HoF!!

And for the ass guy who cant understand what i am saying, i have two words for him:
FUCK YOU!!!
(i'm sorry, but in portugal we speak portuguese baby, not American English, so my mistakes in grammar are very normal!!)

What does it being his last match have to do with anything? HBK put on countless matches as good if not better than that one. WM 25 was a better overall match.

You don't get it. HBK wasn't even in the first ladder match actually. It's how he competed in the ladder match that revolutionized it! No one had seen anything like that before and HBK did it first. There's nothing about Orton thats new. All his move set has been used before etc etc. I'm actually a huge Orton fan but he's hardly revolutionized the business. Plus maybe a Ziggler ladder match would be better than Shawn's first but it wouldn't be better than one Shawn could pull off today I can bet, and thats with him having been retired for a year.

(I'm going to stop bolding what I'm replying to as the whole post will just be bold if I don't)

Cena has been face of the WWE for years. Orton wasn't the face. He was the top heel fair enough but there's a difference.

That football comment really pisses me off. I'm British not American so I know football. Players like Pele in their hay day would still run rings round 99% of modern day players. The fact he could dribble and do this stuff with the older balls surely suggests he was better than these players no? You've ruined your own argument. They were men modern day players are sissys. One tackle from an old school centre back and your Cristiano Ronaldo would be winging like a baby. In fact I think Messi will be up there but like Orton he's still young. Come back when he retires then we'll talk about it.

Nostalgia is all well and good and it is something wrestling fans are prone to but you're doing the opposite. You're writing off them just because their old. I find it baffling to be honest especially with Shawn who you'd have thought would have shown in his last 7 years he can easy keep up with the new style and younger guys. While to suggest wrestling had less credibility back then is ridiculous. It had a hell of a lot more than it does now.

Orton's good but he's barely at the stage where he can be mentioned in the same breath as an HBK or a Flair or any other legend to be honest.

This is too soon in Orton's career for the results in this poll to be any closer then it is right now. I am a big Orton fan. But I am also objective. While I think Orton is one of the best in the world right now. His All Time ranking to me, falls well short of Shawn Michaels. A lot of people consider HBK to be the best ever. Orton still has time to get in that conversation, but as much as I love the guy, he is nowhere near Shawn Michaels' level at this point.

Even if you cancel out every accolade they both have ever achieved. How would any of Orton's matches compare to HBK's? Even Shawn's matches against Cena were great compared to Orton's matches with him.

[youtube]qh1Ytm2YBHw
[/youtube]

HBK.By Far.Not even close.Thats like comparing HHH and Batista(its the best example..well only example i could think off that was reasonable but thats besides the point)

I honestly cannot count how many times i've tuned in to see HBK pull of a great match and then watched an Orton match and switched the channel.

When Orton retires then this thread may be a little bit clearer but untill then my man this thread is useless.

1) And for the ass guy who cant understand what i am saying, i have two words for him:
FUCK YOU!!!

So you expect us to respect you when your response to criticism is to tell us to fuck off? Nice

Back on topic, Shawn Michaels is streets ahead of Randy Orton right now. Yes Orton has more belts, but the title meant more when Shawn held it, they didnt change hand every month or two as they do now. If Michaels was Orton's age and was around now he would more than likely be a 10X+ champion, like Edge. Michaels didnt have the belt in his last WWE run because he didnt want it.

You can count the number of classic matches Orton has had on 1 hand (and I am a fan of his), which HBK has an incredible amount of top-notch matches with opponents as diverse as Undertaker, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Razor Ramon, Mankind, Triple H and many others. Plus he was part of the 1st ladder match, first HIAC and 1st Elimination Chamber matches- a true innovator in wrestling

Orton is good, one of the best in the business today but he is no Shawn Michaels. Noone is

I always think that comparisons like this are unfair, both superstars have totally different styles and stood out in totally different eras. With all due respect to Orton, HBK is on another level, a level that few can reach, the man came off the back of a career threatening injury and still put in top-notch performances week in week out.

Now HBK's best match? Don't get me started, there is way too much too choose from. But ORTON's? That is a different story. I think his match with Taker at Wrestlemania 21 is the closest to a 4 star match.

So, Shawn Michaels wins this one that its not even close.

I can't believe this thread was even created. I thought it was a joke at first.

Randy Orton is one of the most predictable, overrated wrestlers in the business. First off, all the dbag, older male wrestling fans give Cena sh!t about doing the same spots over and over again in every match, but then they all praise Orton when he does the EXACT SAME THING IN EVERY MATCH.

Stupid awkward clotheslines, acting like a snake, body slam, opponent gets up and tries to get out of the ring, Orton catches him and kicks him and gives him the elevated DDT. Then he usually tries the RKO, but of course it is reversed cuz it can only happen by surprise, but then he reverses THAT reversal and hits the backbreaker.

Then the RKO comes out of nowhere. END OF MATCH. When you compare that GARBAGE to the genius of Shawn Michaels and his vast repertoire of moves and his ability to make even the worst wrestlers look good, they don't even come close.

What The Hell?

Dude, I know you're foreign and all, but please stop acting like such a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back