Hard Justice: Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
BLACK TIE BRAWL N' CHAIN MATCH
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

So again why cant TNA just call this a chain match? No they have to add a black tie to the to the chain match so what both guys will have like suits and black ties on? Utter pointless to add that to a chain match. Though these two do have good chemistry in the ring so I expect a good showing for these two, but Val once again be key in this match and I see this time her costing Lethal the match. I also doubt that this feud will be over with this match as if Val join up with Sonjay, which I think she will, then they will have another gimmick at No Surrender. Its hard to tell which way TNA will have this match and feud go but for this time I see Sonjay winning just so TNA can have another match out these two at the next PPV.

I think this is just a play on words on T.N.A.'s part. I doubt either man will be dressed in a suit and tie, A.J. lol

I have to give T.N.A. props. They come up with some of the most unique terms for gimmicks, ever. I've seen a Street Fight in T.N.A. end up with 20 different nicknames. Now, a "Brawl and Chain" match.. very nice, especially with the tie-in (get it, tie, eh anyways) with the wedding and all.

Once more, I'm looking forward to this match, but the outcome is rather convincing. Anyone who's anyone that's been following the story is slowly seeing So Cal Val turn on Jay Lethal. If it doesn't happen, then once again I give out props to T.N.A. for the swerve. However, the one thing that I have loved, is the fact that Dutt has really emerged from this as a remote someone.

Before, he was just some international guy tossing flowers, who was Black Savage's best friend. Now he's The Guru. I know he hasn't really changed anything other than turning heel, but that's actually changed everything.

Lethal was beginning to get stale. And the So Cal Val storyline is starting to run it's course. In the original version, Randy Savage turned on Eliz.. so obviously because everyone who knew that.. and figures this is the exact same storyline, they're thinking similar things. Only this time, it's a reverse with Val apparently turning on Lethal.

Regardless of what does or doesn't happen, I'm still looking forward to the actual match. I think this is one of the better mid-card feuds that a lot of people aren't paying enough attention to.. because of the wars between Styles and Angle, 3D, Cage and Rhino, Beer Money and L.A.X. or even Joe, Booker T and Sting.

I think this is just a play on words on T.N.A.'s part. I doubt either man will be dressed in a suit and tie, A.J. lol

Hey Will you never know this is TNA, and they did just try to give a wedding back in June. You could Val in her wedding drees and Dutt and Lethal in suits. lol

Once more, I'm looking forward to this match, but the outcome is rather convincing. Anyone who's anyone that's been following the story is slowly seeing So Cal Val turn on Jay Lethal. If it doesn't happen, then once again I give out props to T.N.A. for the swerve. However, the one thing that I have loved, is the fact that Dutt has really emerged from this as a remote someone.

Before, he was just some international guy tossing flowers, who was Black Savage's best friend. Now he's The Guru. I know he hasn't really changed anything other than turning heel, but that's actually changed everything.

I agree you on that this feud has given Dutt a personality of a guy who is deceiving and a master manipulator and used a peaceful guru gimmick to fool people. I think think this feud has really changed Dutt for the better and now lets see if TNA can continue to capitalize on it. Like I said this could either way, but if TNA is repeating Macho/Liz storyline then Val should turn on Lethal. Overall just be a good match as both men work so well together.

I agree you on that this feud has given Dutt a personality of a guy who is deceiving and a master manipulator and used a peaceful guru gimmick to fool people. I think think this feud has really changed Dutt for the better and now lets see if TNA can continue to capitalize on it.

I think that's just the thing though. Sonjay Dutt, even if he's going to be joined by a heel So Cal Val.. they won't go anywhere. This will lead us to yet another match-up with Lethal v. Dutt, this time with Val even more involved. And once this entire angle is over.. Dutt's purpose won't be anything more than some guy who took another's girl.

Lethal can still continue with the Macho Man gimmick, or he can finally drop it and become "Jay Lethal" again, this time with charisma. Dutt's purpose will die out once this feud is ended and I bet 10-1 he won't be worth anything after this feud.

Lethal was a huge hit as Black Savage, and because he got on with the fans so well.. he'll remain a big named star. Dutt is only being boo'd because of the amount of love the fans have for Lethal. If Dutt continues after this, against someone like say.. Sharkboy, or Eric Young, or even Creed.. the fans won't care to cheer or boo.. because it won't involve something they wanna see anymore.

So T.N.A. will have to do something they really have no clue how to do.. and that's give a midcarder a bigger purpose than for just a 3 month span.

Another gimmick match? To quate Keanu ''Whoah, déjà vu!'' It's like I've seen it all before. But wait I haven't. Because this is a Black Tie 'N' Brawl Chain match. My favourite gimmick match, how did they know? They must have known it was my birthday soon. How very exciting. Thank you TNA.

The name of this match is ******ed. It's amost like one of those stupid CZW matches, something like: 1000 Light Tube, Sausage On A Poll, No Rope Barbed Wire, Chicken Coop, Slightly Silly, Ultraviolent Tournament Of Death Matches. But the difference being that you know exactly what you're getting in CZW. In TNA they'll need somebody to explain the rules for 10 minutes before hand. Probably when they're setting up the Return Of The Ultimate X Match™.

I don't see the point when both had a poor match last time. They're more than capable of having a good regula match.

I have always enjoyed Dutt and Lethal and thought they could make a run at the tag titles but this is a good way to establish them (or Dutt at least) as credible threats to Petey Pump for the X Division title.

Dutt and Lethal are both great in ring talents and this match has what it takes to steal the show because Booker and Joe are not the best combination and AJ and Angle's story is getting a bit stale (although their match might be amazing)

I'll give TNA this: Their writers can make up great names for matches. Why these matches need names is beyond me, but they're creative. As for the match itself, not really sure why a chain makes sense here but I guess it's ok. These two always put on good matches as they work well together and are both good for high flying matches without really becoming a spotfest. Val is of course the wildcard again and more than likely she'll cause Jay the match, leading to a final match next month where she goes with Dutt at the end, maybe ending the Macho character. This should be a good match, but no way the end of the feud.

To talk about the really important issue here (the match name), I think this is a sad case of TNA writers coming up with the match name first, then working the idea into the story. I'm normally a fan of TNA injecting regular gimmick matches onto their cards (something they inexplicably get a lot of heat from here) but a chain match really makes no sense here, from any perspective.

Dutt's style is almost 100% built around high flying, and Lethal's is not far removed. The encumbrance of a chain is only going to serve to stop both guys from doing what they do best, and instead force them to resort to the classic chain/strap match spots, all of which we got to see very recently in the MCMG V Beer Money.

Personally I think they should have hung Val from the rafters and had a ladd... no wait, scratch that. SO CAL VAL ON A POLE MATCH! Now that would be worth seeing.

Personally I think they should have hung Val from the rafters and had a ladd... no wait, scratch that. SO CAL VAL ON A POLE MATCH! Now that would be worth seeing.

That screams Judy Bagwell on a pole from WCW ..lmao. Anyway am I the only one who thinks Lethal will win here I can't take Sonjay seriously. He's one like 5 matches in the last couple months which has gotta be a career best for him. Yet they're still pushing this lame ass feud. Lethal deserves better and Val deserves to stay ringside where she belongs and Dutt deserves to be swallowed whole by Abyss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back