• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road: Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Grudge Match
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal w/ SoCal Val vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

Should be a good match as I expect both of these men to put on one hell of a show, though only downfall for me is that Val will be at ringsde and who knows what here invlovmnet will due to the match. I expect Lethal and Sonjay to go all out in basically a street fight type of match. This the first time i can remember seeing two X-Division guys go at it in a grudge match so different look from TNA on that, but still another damn gimmick match. Anyways should be a good match, but in the end I am picking Val to cost Lethal the match and join up with Sonjay. Val dont do much anyways and maybe she could play a nice heel role with Sonjay, though that will nly drag this feud out longer :icon_rolleyes:

This is going to be the most under-rated, yet highly anticipated matches on the entire Pay Per View. Instead of looking forward to yet another 6 Man Tag Team shitfest, I'm going to be happily excited to watch this single's grudge match.

Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt are indeed going to become famous off of this feud, I believe. They both have what it takes to show a true passion and hated toward each other. Whats more, Lethal has been cutting in and out of his "Savage" gimmick, which adds a touch of realism to the whole thing.

The final wildcard in this is So Cal Val, who decided to hold off on the wedding. What that tells me, is she could play a very important role in the outcome of this match. I could completely see her turning on Lethal, and joining Dutt which will only add even more fuel to this fire.

Again, I'm excited and highly looking forward to this match-up.

I didn't hear about this being a gimmick match, other than just being a grudge match. This should be entertaining at least, not highly past that though. Both men tend to put on good matches most of the time though, but what will kill it off is the 2-4 more matches these two will have with stupid tag lines to them. I do like where TNA seems to be looking with matches not involving the champion in it (which sadly enough, it took me a few seconds to remember who the champion was). It should be good though, although the Val jump seems quite predictable.

Ive been really impressed with Lethal lately, he keeps getting extremely serious which adds a nice touch to the angle. Sonjay I have always been routing for in TNA I think he has great ring skills and average mic skills. These two matched together will be a good match. I hope they dont brawl to much and keep this one down to straight old wrestling bit like the Angle AJ match as Slammiversary. I expect Val to turn on Lethal though and go with Sonjay continuing the feud.

Meh. Dutt is so vanilla it's unreal. I've said before that there coun't be a wrestler more nondescript. The only thing that's intresting about him is his receding hairline and backne. Other than that he's one of the only wrestlers who benefits from being associated with Jay Lethal these days. Yeah he's solid. But so are others. Hey, maybe they could try consistently pushing Kaz instead. Don't be silly Jake.

It'll be good, but forgettable.

As talented as I think these guys are......all I keep seeing is flashbacks of when X-Pac turned on Kane. Throw Val in the mix as "Tori" and it's pretty much set up that she'll turn on Lethal.

Sonjay needs to drop the Guru gimmick though. Guru's are not supposed to be evil. Besides, the gimmick is like a Reverend D-Von knockoff.

Fuckin Hell, I am pumped for this match. They've built it up quite well, and it should propel both of there careers especially Lethal's. I expect it to be nothing short of amazing. They should be doing amazing flipping shit and everything. It will probably be underrated like Will said. But I am highly anticipating this match. Should be epic.

Well, as an indy wrestler myself of the last eight years, I'm not about to let a TNA pay per view come to Houston and me NOT be there. I'll be sitting front row for Victory Road, and as far as the Jay Lethal/Sonjay Dutt match goes, it's gonna be one of the more high impact matches of the night, and I'm seeing Jay Lethal get the win on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back