• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sonjay Dutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwrestling

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm not sure how everybody else feels about Sonjay Dutt's wrestling ability, but I for one think he has good talent with maybe a few kinks left to work on. Anyways, I think that Sonjay Dutt's career can really peek if they were to use this story line:

They can give Chris Sabin the X division championship (maybe with a little help from Dutt). Maybe a month after that when Sabin is defending the belt against someone at the next pay-per-view, Sonjay Dutt should screw him over and cost him the X division title. The next impact airing they can have Dutt talk about how he did that because he's sick of being in Sabin's shadows. Then they can start a rivalry between Dutt and Sabin. If they did that, I think that Dutt's career can really skyrocket. He and Sabin would really put on some entertaining matches, and it just seems like it would be really easy to hate Sonjay Dutt. Who agrees with me on this?

I really dislike Sonjay Dutt. He has some amazing “skills” be to sure, but he is a spot monkey with a very bland personality. Right now he just seems like a generic X-Division wrestler with nothing to distinguish him from the other wrestlers in the division.

im not a huge fan of tna but when i watch it i like him and jay lethal two of my favs on that show

peopleschamp said:
I really dislike Sonjay Dutt. He has some amazing “skills” be to sure, but he is a spot monkey with a very bland personality. Right now he just seems like a generic X-Division wrestler with nothing to distinguish him from the other wrestlers in the division.
That's why I think he should be turned heel so that people can stop looking at him like that. I see him the same way as you see him. But I think that heel turn could really help him out. What do you think?

I am a huge fan of Sonjay. I dont know about turning him heel though, cus I like to like him you know? But you may be right in turning him heel will let him skyrocket, its a known formula. But him having a bland personality I kind of disagree. Well, as of late anyway. The last few times he has been out he can really get the crowd on his side. I think he is just now starting to open up to the crowd and if given a little more time as a face and he'll be golden. He just needs the right push. I've always thought he should have been a dominate X Division champ cus he is one skilled wrestler IMO.

iamwrestling said:
That's why I think he should be turned heel so that people can stop looking at him like that. I see him the same way as you see him. But I think that heel turn could really help him out. What do you think?
Well, I think what he needs is a gimmick, period. Right now he is just “some dude” from India who does a lot of high spots. Maybe that involves a heel turn, but he needs something to make him stand out more as opposed to being just another X-Division wrestler who is being lost in the shuffle.

peopleschamp said:
Well, I think what he needs is a gimmick, period. Right now he is just “some dude” from India who does a lot of high spots. Maybe that involves a heel turn, but he needs something to make him stand out more as opposed to being just another X-Division wrestler who is being lost in the shuffle.
I can see where you're coming from. He doesn't have much of a personality to speak of. Even if he were to be himself a little more and maybe get more mic time it would be a start. His spots are solid, to be sure, and he's worked in a few signature ones that are very unique, but he has been lost in the cluster of X-divisoners looking for a top spot. You don't really feel much majesty about his matches in a sense that, you know he'll put on a good show, but he ALMOST NEVER seems like a credible threat to the other top-tier X division stars. He just seems like a "Mickey Mouse-B player" as Zybysko once put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back