The Jackasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwrestling

Getting Noticed By Management
I think everyone on this forum can pretty much agree that we can't stand the whole jackass storyline going on with Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt (who I want to throw off a balcony onto a pile of spikes just so he doesn't make that face that makes me want to throw up), and Jay Lethal. However, on impact on thursday I noticed that Sabin called Lynn an old man. I thought they may be possibly trying to make them into a heel group. Then I heard Tenay talking angrily about Sabin calling Lynn an old man. That really made me believe that they'll be turning completely heel soon. While I can't stand the whole jackass thing, I think this can be a good thing if they're heel. Everyone will really hate them and they can put a lot of heat on themselves if they do it right (just as long as it doesn't interfere with too many matches). As faces it just makes TNA look like a joke. As heels it gives characters to X division wrestlers, and we all know that X division wrestlers need characters. Character in the X division is really growing:

Character in the X division:
Chris Sabin: Heel jackass
Jay Lethal: Heel jackass
Sonjay Dutt: Heel jackass
Alex Shelly: Heel suckup to Nash
Johnny Devine: Heel sidekick to Shelly
Senshi: Face serious wrestler who can't stand the jackass gimic.
Austin Starr: Heel (presumably) who is ****y. I can't wait for him.

I heard that they are going to push Austin Aries (Austin Starr) to main-event status.

I think the best thing for the "jackass" crew of TNA is to become heels. It really helps a wrestler to learn to control an audience, because it's easier to push people's buttons than it is to make them love you. Case in point: The Rock. As Rocky Maivia, Mr. Johnson was boring, bland, and had zero charisma. As the Rock, he commanded respect and pissed off half the country (I on the other hand loved the guy for it and thought his mic work was the stuff of legend). When he finally turned face, he was over to a factor of five compared to his initial run because his character had grown leaps and bounds, and he had learned to play the crowd like a banjo. A few guys can stay face strictly on workrate (Hart and Benoit) and still get way over, but that is pretty rare. Even A.J. Styles went heel for a while to perfect his character and use that time like "training wheels", so to speak.

I think WWE were trying to get one over T.N.A. by having Steve-O and Chris Pontius on Raw last night. T.N.A. were promoting Jackass and yet the star's appeared on WWE t.v.

Y 2 Jake said:
I think WWE were trying to get one over T.N.A. by having Steve-O and Chris Pontius on Raw last night. T.N.A. were promoting Jackass and yet the star's appeared on WWE t.v.

Rather nasty if you think about it, TNA spends 2 months or something promoting the movie only for Pontius and Steve O to get bulldozered by Rosey.

Nor do I, WWE are paying attention to TNA, Umaga, Cryme Tyme, same concepts as Joe and LAX, only differently in some way I do not see really good but WWE marks seem to.

Hey hbk fan forever, you need to delete some of your messages that you've received in your inbox. I can't send you private messages anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back