Guys You Think Can Be World Champion In 2011

Probables:

John Morrison - Morrison is quickly becoming one of my big favorites. Amazing in the ring, simply fantastic. His promos and mic skills are definitely improving as he gets closer and closer to the main event. His look is unmatched in terms of general looks (girls love the guy) and muscle tone/height/etc. He is the complete package. Give him the title.

Alberto Del Rio - Another guy that really is the complete package. I appreciate his finisher, has a real wrestling feel to it. He is fantastic on the mic and a killer heel. He will
see the title soon.

Wade Barrett - No explanation really necessary. He is an amazing talent, again another complete package, and could one day be the top heel in the company (though CM Punk will give him competition for that). No doubt he sees the strap in 2011.

Hopeful:

Cody Rhodes - I think Rhodes is great. I hate his tights, though. Those need to go and be replaced with the old tights he used to wear (the average looking ones). The ones now just look weird.. they go above his belly-button. Everything else though is there. He may not have quite the size, but that didn't stop Rey, and he's bigger than him.

Daniel Bryan
This is actually incorrect for 2011, I am saying Mania 2012 would be the best for this. The WWE loves a feel-good champion, and honestly Bryan is the only one that could pull this off(That hasnt already done it.) You could start it at next years Royal Rumble. Have him pull a Chris Benoit and win it shockingly after coming in at a low number. Give him a match at EC against somone who goes on saying "You don't deserve it." Then at Mania pit him against either A. A monster or B. Chris Jericho(his first WWE match) Bryan goes over and have Mania end with confetti and crying.

Cody Rhodes
I could see Rhodes winning the belt sooner than later. Have him get a shocker win at Fatal Four Way or pull a MITB win then cash it in(even though I am sick of seeing this) His feud with the Big Show has really been showing off his range, and his gimmick is pretty over.

Ok now for people who have already been champs.
Cena-We all know he will have a reign. He has been out of the picture since summer, I wouldnt be surprised to see him win it at Mania or shortly afterwords.

CM Punk-I can see a long heel reign for him. Have him beat Cena in early summer and hold the belt for the whole summer.

Undertaker- A send off, give him one last reign.

Sheamus- I think he will end up being the face of Smackdown after the draft. Holding the belt and having some good feuds.

Off the top of my head, unfortunately, I believe that John Cena will be WWE Champion at least once sometime in 2011. If you look back over the course of the past 7 months or so, Cena has been pretty much a non factor for the WWE Championship as far as competing goes. He's been forced to join Nexus, thereby being Wade Barrett's whipping boy and now he looks to be in a feud with CM Punk, who is now in charge of Nexus. In terms of Cena being the "dominant force" in the WWE that he's been in the past, 2010 saw Cena as less dominant since before he first won the WWE Championship.

The WWE will probably use Cena's "rotten" year as a means of hyping him and building him to a WWE Championship match somewhere down the line. The theme will probably be Cena overcoming adversity, his "Never Give Up" creed, the conquering hero returns, etc. If Cena doesn't have a WWE Championship reign in this year, I'll be extremely surprised.

John Morrison, would probably be getting the gold, you could see WWE pushing him by beating Sheamus and the Falls Count Anywhere match [where he possibly could win]

Christian, this guy has been waiting too long, he's got great mic skills and has got that wrestling talent and probably VKM has already noticed it.

Alberto Del Rio, somehow, they will make him champion this year.. He's not getting throughout the IC Title reign but going straight for the main champion. He's got good ring skills and well WWE has been pushing him hard..

Alberto Del Rio- I would be shocked if he doesn't win one this year.

Wade Barrett: See Del Rio.

Dolph Ziggler- Has had a good reign as IC Champ.

Daniel Bryan- If they keep booking him strong he could win one by year's end.

CM punk - Time for a new reign to pad the statistics

Alberto Del Rio - Would be shocked if he doesn't at least get a title shot.

Cena - The face of the company won't be without a title for a whole year.

HHH/Taker - They always win it after they return from a long period of time out.

It has to be John Morrison

He is ready to step up to the next level, and with the recent push he has been given I think its clear that the WWE are building JoMo into the next superstar to crack the main event bracket. He can do it all in the ring, and just needs to work on his mic skills over the next few months and he will be a worthy world champion.

Also, a switch to a heel character would benefit him, as his persona will work better as a bad guy, arrogant and conceited.

He is the breakout star of 2011 for me, closely followed by Del Rio or Daniel Bryan

Del Rio - He is a lock for World Title Gold in 2011. Mic skills, Wrestling skills, Story Telling Skills (in ring) this guy has it all.

Ziggler - Been getting a great push lately, 2 matches with Cena and the Main Event of the final Smackdown of 2010. If not the Title then at least challenging for it.

Christian - More of a personal preference but this guy is good.

Cena and Orton - They'll at least get one title run each.

CM Punk - Now this is a superstar, he could turn face tomorrow and come next week the crowd would be going nuts for him. He is that good.

and Finally

Awesome Kong - Give her the Title and bring on the destruction. Face, Heel I dont care she'll destroy the all.

Primo - I think that in 2011, WWE will realize the potential this young man has, he is only 27, his mic skills will be great when he cuts promos, he has very good wrestling skills, he has a good reaction from the crowd, and he is very believable as the WWE Champion.

Mark Henry - I think he should become a tweener. His run as a face sucks because the fans barely cheer him, and when he was a tweener, his wrestling skills were INCREDIBLE. He almost beat Kurt Angle and he cut one of the best promos in WWE history.

Guys that shouldn't be champion :

Zack Ryder- This guy is so annoying. His catch phrase is annoying. He is made to look weak and stupid. NEVER push this guy.

Dolph Ziggler- This guy is so boring to watch. I switch the channel every time I see him on television. Just fire this guy already. Bad wrestling skills, bad mic skills, no reaction from the crowd, ugly, and not believable as WWE Champion.

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::confused::wtf:
REALLY? REALLY? REALLY?!

Ok i really hope and pray you are joking...cause if you are not then I'm sorry you was dropped on your head when you was a baby...ok little too far there but seriously? Primo and Mark Henry and fire Dolph? Just WOW lol

Ok now to the actual discussion..
Dolph Ziggler: I see him winning MITB and cashing it in....he has all the tools to be a good to great champion...and he is showing it with his IC title run.

Alberto Del Rio: This man just screams World Championship material..he is good on the mic and ring and has the look and the heat going for him...and i can't wait to see his reign.

Wade Barret: He has come so close to winning the WWE title and has been feuding with the two biggest faces in the company and had a lot of heat going for him...I don't think there gonna keep the title away from him long

John Morrison: He reminds me of Jeff Hardy's story always just so close but no cigar...and i think this is his year though...he got a big bush with the wins of Sheamus and I'd love to see this guy win the title.

Wildcard
Kofi Kingston: He gets big pops and if the rumors of the past about WWE wanting a African American as a Champion is true he would be best suited for the push....and he may also win the MITB? since it has been awhile since a Face has won it.

Alberto Del Rio will definatly be the next World Champion, he is my personal favourite heel because his mic skills are good, his ability in the ring is also very impressive but he does get a little to arrogant and cockey which has cost him a match or two.

The Undertaker will be champion at some point in the year, maybe winning it on his first PPV back as that's what WWE nearly always does to the fan favourites, I would love to see Taker as a heel becuase he is far more exciting as a heel.

Rey Mysterio hasen't had the title in a while, he is my odd's on as far as face's go to win the World Heavyweight Champion in 2011.

My 2 choices are Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler. Daniel Bryan can be a world champion but I think there are too many big dawgs on raw. Bryan will get his run on smackdown if anything. Morrison is a definete to be a champ. There are alot of young talent tied up or spiraling down that have alot of talent. Rhodes, Dibiase, McIntyre, Gabriel, etc. I dont understand why people go gay over David Otunga. He has a one demensional skill set, mic skills are atrotious, and he doesnt get a great pop from the crowd when he comes out alone. I think the smaller wrestlers (cruiserweights) can have title runs too but they may need to compete against smaller challengers (Christian, Jericho, etc...), guys that can fly. Pitting guys like Evan Bourne against big men such as Kane or Taker just looks like its unbelievable. I love the Kane/Rey storylines but no other light weight could carry a storyline like that. Those are my feelings on the issue. I hope Jericho comes back so he and Edge can recreate Wrestlemania 26 again because that match was freakin awesome!

Notably different to the other thread with a slightly similar premise.

We all love first-time champions. Always booked to look credible, they've consistently set the world on fire in recent years. 2010 gave us Jack Swagger, The Miz and Sheamus - who, fair enough, was carrying the belt over from 2009. Let's assume for a moment that 2011 will give us three first-time champions. With potentially three Money in the Bank briefcases out there, that could be a conservative estimate. Anyway, who do you think the three 2011 first-timers will be/want them to be?

1. DBD, Daniel Bryan - "Really, Sam? I can't believe you of all people would think DBD is capable of winning a world title!", you snarl sarcastically. Fuck you! You've hurt my feelings and now I won't tell you any more. Oh, go on then. In his first year, Daniel Bryan took no. 1 contender Batista - who John Cena had a hard time with - and then world heavyweight champion Chris Jericho to the limit, featured heavily in the main event of SummerSlam and decisively defeated The Miz numerous times, who's won something important since then. This isn't DBD going up a level - it's everyone else coming down a level. Let's not forget he's also my pick for the Royal Rumble. Because I'm a bit mental, obviously.
  2. JoMo, John Morrison - "What is this; circle jerk for Sam's favourites hour?", you yell hurtfully. You're really starting to hurt my feelings now, stop it. This is the obvious one on the list. He's gone over Sheamus and, for some reason, threw away his title shot on RAW in a pretty decent match. SSP through the table should be nominated for 2011 Spot of the Year, coincidentally. A real contender for winning the Royal Rumble, if not a Money in the Bank briefcase. Otherwise, he could always get himself a title shot the old fashioned way.
  3. Bell-End Face, Alberto Del Rio - "Oh, obviously - another guy Sam absolutely ado-- wait, what?", you muse, surprised. Yes, I fooled you all! My reasoning behind this is that if JoMo and DBD, two wrestlers I like, win titles then some supernatural force - fate, karma, God, Vince McMahon; whatever you wanna call it - will have to correct the balance and have Uncle Sam's Most Hated Wrestler of 2010™ win a world title. I don't think he's deserving. I don't think he's even good. I do think it will happen.

Honourable mentions - Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Dolph Ziggler (duh!), Wade Barrett, Christian etc. etc.

I'd have to go with

1. Wade Barrett
In Barrett's Debut year on the main roster, he led the 'most dominant faction in WWE History', Headlined numerous PPV's (even Summerslam & Survivor Series!), Feuded with the WWE's Top Dog (Cena) and competed for the WWE Title numerous times. Now he's on SD!, he will have a WHC reign in 2011.

2. John Morrison
Does anything need to be said here? If anyone wasn't convinced with him, watch his match with Miz from RAW. He is ready!

3. Alberto Del Rio
Come on, the guys getting pushed to the moon! He's one of SD!s top heels, he's great on the mic, good in the ring, has a great gimmick and has just won a feud with Mysterio. I don't see him winning MITB, but I do see a EARNED WHC shot.

Honourable Mentions Drew McIntyre, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Christian, and my PICK FOR MITB at WM, Dolph Ziggler

First off...I absolutely loved the entire post Uncle Sam. It was pleasantly entertaining to read.

Okay. My choices.
Wade Barrett- I'm not saying that he would for sure hold the title for very long (at least not on his first reign..but I definitely can see him as a World Champion this year.
Dolph Ziggler-With him having Vickie in his corner is one of the main reasons I see him becoming World Champion. I think he is an awesome wrestler that would probably be able to do it on his own (based on his wrestling ability and the type of character he is portraying right now.
Alberto Del Rio-I'm not sure what it is about him...maybe a bit of the "IT" factor. I can see him being a smug champion, constantly telling contenders for his title that "now is not the time".

Alberto Del Rio- This is pretty obvious, WWE has given him an amazing debut. They were showing vignettes of him for a month or two before he even came in. When he got there he lived up to expectations and even suprised me a little. He is good in the ring and great on the mic. I would be shocked if he didn't win a world title this year.

Dolph Ziggler- WWE tested him with Cena and he did a good job so now he is getting a shot at the RUmble. Now if I was WWE, I might let him win and keep the title untill Elimination Chamber but I know that won't happen. I think him and Edge will put on a solid match and he will get his title run later on this year.

John Morrison- WWE realizes Morrison is ready and they are waiting for the right time to give him the World title. I wish he would win the Rumble and take on Miz at Wrestlemania because they put on one hell of a match on Raw.

Im prepared to be bashed, but in no particular order I think:

1. Ted Dibiase Jr---Now hear me out, sure he's been getting buried on Raw by Daniel Bryan, Santino etc, but I believe he'll get a real push coming into this New Year and possibly a face turn.

2. Wade Barrett---Enough said, fueded with Cena, Orton, and put on quality Triple threat with Sheamus.

3. Alberto Del Rio---getting a huge push, quite possibly winning at WM as he is my pick to win the Royal Rumble

Daniel Bryan - Well hopefully anyway, hes one of the top 5 best wrestlers in the wwe at the moment but just needs to work on the entertainment side of things, like talking and acting, hes a hell of a worker so when he gets that sorted out he will be a world champion this year,

Kofi Kingston - Again an awesome wrestler who is pretty damn entertaining and i think will be given the title and impress everyone when he has it,

Christian - I mean, its gonna happen right, you'd think anyway that a world championship is just around the corner, but we have been saying this for along time now so who knows, but i have a feeling that this will be the year for him to fued with edge and win at long last the big one, he deserves it more than anyone.

Honourable Mentions - Drew McIntyre, Wade Barret, Ziggler, and JoMo.

John Morrison- He's ended 2010 so strongly, I can only hope that it continues throughout 2011. The most important thing for Morrison is that he finally has the backing of the live crowds. For so much of 2010, you could hear a pin drop when Morrison came out to the ring. The fans are really buying into him now, which is crucial. When you add that to his excellent in-ring skills and his ever improving mic skills, I believe he has a great chance of winning a world championship in 2011.

Wade Barret- He's come very close to winning the WWE championship in 2010 and now with him being on Smackdown, that just improves his chances of winning a world title. He's already a main player on the WWE roster thanks to his feud with Cena, and it could only be a matter of time before he wins the big one.

Dolph Ziggler- This one I'm not so sure on, and is more in the category of who I want to win a world title rather than who I think will win one. I've been a fan of Ziggler since his feud with Rey in the summer of 2009. His recent IC title reign has been very good and he's also got the chance to work with Cena over Christmas. I for one would love to see Ziggler win a world title in 2011, and it could come courtesy of MITB, which he has a great chance of winning.

Love the post Sam

Christian-obviously Im a Huge Christian mark but this is the year of Charisma Captian Charisma Christian. Vinny wants shock let Christian win the RR and Vinny wants alot of WM PPV buys put Edge vs. Christian for The WHC the story tells it self. Obviously both men can go in the ring so it would be a GREAT match.

Jomo- came so close to winning on RAW I see him winning MITB this year wether at WM or if they have a seperate PPV.

Albertoooooo Dellllllllll RIOOOOOOOO(lol)-This guys has IT he can talk, wrestle garner heat and some cheers(by me). We dont know how long Rey Rey has so Del Rio is more than likely gonna be the next big Mexican Star

Honarble Mention-Wade Barrtett

My three would have to be:
Wade Barrett: i mean there aint much to say that everyone else hasnt said about Barrett he is a main eventer, and the fact that Smackdown realy dont have many more threats for the title, his feud with Big Show will lead him to a #1 contender spot somewhere down the road this year

Alberto Del Rio; he is a great heel and the Mysterio and Del Rio feud is almost over if not at the end, he has good mic skills, and is just an all around great wrestler, and will be a World Champion

Drew McIntyre: now hear me out on this one, Drew is a great performer, and the way they got him with Kelly Kelly storyline will end up turning him to a good guy, the way he saved her on Smackdown from Lay-Cool you could tell he was getting some cheers from the crowd. And i think with that it will push a title shot somewhere down the road, and i really hope so, and Vince saying he would be the Future of the WWE. And i really believe he can. I hope that can happen.

Great thread.

First of all, I think all 3 will be happening on Smackdown. Notorious for being the "other" show, SD is the ground for new talent. Raw did give us Miz and Sheamus in '09 and '10, but it looks like those two, Cena, Orton, Punk, and a returning HHH will be fighting over that title all year long.

My picks are:

Wade Barrett The move over to SD seems inevitable. With current plans for him to face Taker at Mania, and Takers usual 10 month leave of absence afterwards, Barrett will be kept in the main event picture and win the WHC before the year is out.

Alberto Del Rio This is as close to a sure thing in a while. Del Rio has been on the rise since he showed up. The greatest thing about him is that he hasn't needed the MITB push, Royal Rumble push or Elimination Chamber throw in. He put on such a great storyline with Mysterio that WWE made 2 sets of singles matches, one for the title, one for resolution, into a fatal four way for the belt. WWE sees gold in this guy, and he will have the belt by Mania or soon after.

Dolph Ziggler Everybody who aligns themselves with Vicky Guerrero becomes a main eventer and usually a champion. Eddie, Edge, Big Show, LayCool, and now Ziggler. Anytime a wrestler can use the sleeper hold as a finisher and be dominant, holding the IC Title for as long as he has is impressive. The guy draws heat, He's got the mouthpiece in Guerrero, and the talent to back it up.

WWE needs to put the belt on more younger superstars if they care about the future at all. Dashing Cody, Kofi, and Drew McIntyre are all possibilities too. I wouldnt be surprised to see more than 3 new title holders, but I am confident in those top 3.

I have to say first and foremost Wade Barrett...Hes primed and groomed as WWE's next big thing.

I DODNT think Morrison though...he had his shot now hes shoved back down the ladder.

And lord lets hope we dont see DBD with the title...

I think Del Rio has what it takes as well.

and lastley we will se Dolph Ziggler with the WHC !!!

My three picks are:

Jomo- This guy is just insane to watch wrestle. He can deff put on a nail bitting match a have you grinding your teeth at every near fall. Him VS Miz at WM would be just awesome lol

ADR- Idk what it is he's that guy i just don't like but has very good qualitys. He almost reminds me of the heel JBL with his attitude of being better an everyone is below him. Thats jus my opinion on him. That wood be a huge shock have him win at RR an fued with Christian. I see this as a good fued. Can have ADR talk about how he's just been in the E for years an how Christan is a nobody. Idk seems good to me.

Ziggler- I think this guy is to me Mr. Perfect 2.0.imo. His reign as IC has been really good an he has that Rutheless Agression in him. He is good on the mic an if he stays with Vickii then we could truly have a Power Couple back in the E.

Contenders DB-guy just needs to tweak his charcter a lil, but this guys is insane to watch.
Barret-later on this year just not right awaay. Sucks he's outta Nexus now hope it don't kill his push.

This will be a shock. BIG ZEKE!!! vince seems high on this guy an could be a Power House Champion. That would be a huge shock vaule. He could be another Lashley just Hopefully better.

Simple...
1. Christian. We've been saying this for what seems like EVER and now Edge is champ again, it will be easy to book for WWE.

2. JoMo - he deserves a title because of his amazing parkour style. He should be a main eventer, but WWE didn't choose the right path for him.

3. Drew McIntyre (However you spell it) - this guy wreaks talent, and WWE know it, so luckily, it will be a clever booking for 2011 for him.

first pick would have to be Drew McIntyre cause he was the chosen one when he started then booted down to nothing so i think its time for him to step back up and be the chosen one
second pick would be wade barrett the former leader of nexus needs to do something or he will soon be forgotten
third pick im said to say this but dolph ziggler and thats just because why else would he have lost the IC belt and become number 1 contender the same night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back